Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Islam(muslims) Burn Churches In Niger Over Cartoon Of Muhammad In France - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam(muslims) Burn Churches In Niger Over Cartoon Of Muhammad In France (3574 Views)

Jude Okoye's Comment About 3 Churches In One Building (Photos) / Churches In Nigeria And Their Founders - Newsmath / 10 Popular Churches In Nigeria And Their Origin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam(muslims) Burn Churches In Niger Over Cartoon Of Muhammad In France by benalvino2(m): 10:10pm On Jan 17, 2015
At least two churches have been set on fire in the capital of Niger amid fresh protests against French magazine Charlie Hebdo's cartoon depicting the Prophet Muhammad.

Saturday's protests began outside Niamey's grand mosque with police using tear gas a day after at least four were killed in the second city of Zinder.

The French embassy has warned its citizens to stay indoors.

Last week, Islamist gunmen killed 12 people at the magazine's Paris offices.

Eight of them were journalists. Subsequent attacks in Paris killed another five people, four at a Jewish supermarket.

The French embassy has called on its nationals living in Niamey to remain at home
The cover of the magazine's latest edition, published after the attack, featured a cartoon of the Prophet Muhammad weeping while holding a sign saying "I am Charlie".

Seven million copies of the edition are being printed in view of extraordinary demand, distributors announced on Saturday. The magazine's print run before the attack was 60,000.

Many Muslims see any depiction of Islam's prophet as offensive.

Protests against the magazine were also seen on Friday in Pakistan, where protests turned violent in Karachi, the Sudanese capital of Khartoum and the Algerian capital, Algiers.

People in Somalia took to the streets on Saturday.

In Somalia, protesters held placards reading, "I am Muslim and I love my Prophet"
In Niger, a former French colony, hundreds of demonstrators gathered at Niamey's grand mosque, shouting "God is Great" in Arabic.

At least two churches were set on fire - similar to Friday's demonstration in Zinder where protesters also raided shops that were run by Christians.

The French cultural centre in Zinder also came under attack.

The centre's director, Kaoumi Bawa, said an angry crowd of around 50 people had smashed the building's door and set fire to the cafeteria, library and offices.
[size=18pt] can only conclude all Muslims are the same... Al Qaeda, boko haram are all same muslim and same mentality like every regular muslim [/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam(muslims) Burn Churches In Niger Over Cartoon Of Muhammad In France by DaDevin: 10:17pm On Jan 17, 2015
hmmm sad
Re: Islam(muslims) Burn Churches In Niger Over Cartoon Of Muhammad In France by hahn(m): 10:18pm On Jan 17, 2015
How come these impoverished people that can't afford 3 square meals always seem to be able to destroy things? How has burning churches in Niger solved the problem? Does the priest at the church work at charlie hebdo?

Illterates

4 Likes

Re: Islam(muslims) Burn Churches In Niger Over Cartoon Of Muhammad In France by ammyluv2002(f): 10:24pm On Jan 17, 2015
Ignorance is truly a disease *smh*

2 Likes

Re: Islam(muslims) Burn Churches In Niger Over Cartoon Of Muhammad In France by busterr(m): 10:32pm On Jan 17, 2015
im calling out lalasticlala
Re: Islam(muslims) Burn Churches In Niger Over Cartoon Of Muhammad In France by debonairprinx(m): 10:39pm On Jan 17, 2015
Aljazeera gave a comprehensive report on it this evening, very sad. They end up getting violent bout this things which it won't help their course eventually. They should start using a different approach to show their grievances rather than thinking of fighting for their God. They'll end up painting themselves more in bad light before the whole international community.

1 Like

Re: Islam(muslims) Burn Churches In Niger Over Cartoon Of Muhammad In France by psucc(m): 10:39pm On Jan 17, 2015
That is the problem with man.

God is supreme and Almighty. If he is offended let Him take vengeance for Himself. Why will man fight do a god?
We have given the Muslims too much freedom.

1 Like

Re: Islam(muslims) Burn Churches In Niger Over Cartoon Of Muhammad In France by papercoin(m): 10:42pm On Jan 17, 2015
Most of the countries listed are just poverty stricken countries ranging from piracy to famine, hunger malnutrition
See how dey carry the matter for head like gala btw I think those guyz up north haven't got a sway of what's happening yet maybe nextweek we might get a reply from them.

1 Like

Re: Islam(muslims) Burn Churches In Niger Over Cartoon Of Muhammad In France by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jan 17, 2015
Some muslims are melu-melu o..

Later these beziots will start saying religion of piss..

We can't continue to stay in the same country with these northern muslim..
Re: Islam(muslims) Burn Churches In Niger Over Cartoon Of Muhammad In France by benalvino2(m): 10:46pm On Jan 17, 2015
Re: Islam(muslims) Burn Churches In Niger Over Cartoon Of Muhammad In France by papercoin(m): 10:47pm On Jan 17, 2015
psucc:
That is the problem with man.

God is supreme and Almighty. If he is offended let Him take vengeance for Himself. Why will man fight do a god?
We have given the Muslims too much freedom.

This guy isn't a nigerian, Nah today you dey sabi?, go dey prepear for feb15 cuse e go still happen for naija except u dey stay for aba
Re: Islam(muslims) Burn Churches In Niger Over Cartoon Of Muhammad In France by benalvino2(m): 10:48pm On Jan 17, 2015
I know nairaland will not put it on front page but whatever

2 Likes

Re: Islam(muslims) Burn Churches In Niger Over Cartoon Of Muhammad In France by SeverusSnape(m): 10:54pm On Jan 17, 2015
Are Most Muslims humans?
Re: Islam(muslims) Burn Churches In Niger Over Cartoon Of Muhammad In France by mutter(f): 11:59pm On Jan 17, 2015
Violence is wrong.
But it is also very wrong to continue with these cartoons and to keep on provoking the moslem world.

Why do it! Why do it when you know that many innocent people all over the world will loose their lives, while you try to prove a point.
Everyone has a right to his religion, that also means that dignity and respect should be given to his religion.
Re: Islam(muslims) Burn Churches In Niger Over Cartoon Of Muhammad In France by tonychristopher: 12:54am On Jan 18, 2015
The average northern Muslim is daft and I wonder why we are still stuck with them

And they want to rule

Lord forbid
Re: Islam(muslims) Burn Churches In Niger Over Cartoon Of Muhammad In France by benalvino2(m): 1:04am On Jan 18, 2015
mutter:
Violence is wrong.
But it is also very wrong to continue with these cartoons and to keep on provoking the moslem world.

Why do it! Why do it when you know that many innocent people all over the world will loose their lives, while you try to prove a point.
Everyone has a right to his religion, that also means that dignity and respect should be given to his religion.

Why is it wrong!
Re: Islam(muslims) Burn Churches In Niger Over Cartoon Of Muhammad In France by dorox(m): 1:22am On Jan 18, 2015
mutter:
Violence is wrong.

Explain to me please how drawing an image of Muhammad can deny some people the right to their religion.
Re: Islam(muslims) Burn Churches In Niger Over Cartoon Of Muhammad In France by Ghumaysa: 2:32am On Jan 18, 2015
dorox:

Explain to me please how drawing an image of Muhammad can deny some people the right to their religion.

This is someone Muslims respect very much! Imagine someone making such a mockery of your mother....how would u feel? the violence is extreme....yes but the mockery is also very wrong!!
Re: Islam(muslims) Burn Churches In Niger Over Cartoon Of Muhammad In France by Ghumaysa: 2:37am On Jan 18, 2015
papercoin:
Most of the countries listed are just poverty stricken countries ranging from piracy to famine, hunger malnutrition
See how dey carry the matter for head like gala btw I think those guyz up north haven't got a sway of what's happening yet maybe nextweek we might get a reply from them.

Being hungry didn't stop them from standing up for what they believe in and you should respect that. Their violence is the only mistake they've made here...
Re: Islam(muslims) Burn Churches In Niger Over Cartoon Of Muhammad In France by true2god: 3:22am On Jan 18, 2015
Ghumaysa:

This is someone Muslims respect very much! Imagine someone making such a mockery of your mother....how would u feel? the violence is extreme....yes but the mockery is also very wrong!!
Is mohammed, or any other dead arab criminal, your mother or father? They answer is certainly NO!
Re: Islam(muslims) Burn Churches In Niger Over Cartoon Of Muhammad In France by true2god: 3:26am On Jan 18, 2015
Ghumaysa:

Being hungry didn't stop them from standing up for what they believe in and you should respect that. Their violence is the only mistake they've made here...
Their violence is not a mistake but a religious duty. Muslims are to kill apostates and anyone who insult Islam or mohammed. So those guys protesting are practicing muslims.

1 Like

Re: Islam(muslims) Burn Churches In Niger Over Cartoon Of Muhammad In France by benalvino2(m): 4:40am On Jan 18, 2015
Ghumaysa:

Yes... they make mockery of Obama so why can't they make mockery of your mother?
Re: Islam(muslims) Burn Churches In Niger Over Cartoon Of Muhammad In France by benalvino2(m): 4:42am On Jan 18, 2015
Ghumaysa:

The church they burn draw the cartoon right? You are a simpleton.
Re: Islam(muslims) Burn Churches In Niger Over Cartoon Of Muhammad In France by Armanice(m): 5:02am On Jan 18, 2015
Western Education should help
But dey refused

#MS following stupidity since 001bc
Re: Islam(muslims) Burn Churches In Niger Over Cartoon Of Muhammad In France by kevoh(m): 5:37am On Jan 18, 2015
Ghumaysa:

In other words the Christians do not respect Jesus christ or the Jews do not respect their religion? undecided

I hope you know Charlie Hebdo has made more satirical drawings of Christianity and Judaism, way more than Islam's, even on christmas eve a satirical drawing depicting the birth of Jesus was made yet you don't see mosques destroyed, Charlie hebdo's office fire-bombed or the cartoonists killed as a reply by the Christians and Jews.
Re: Islam(muslims) Burn Churches In Niger Over Cartoon Of Muhammad In France by papercoin(m): 7:34am On Jan 18, 2015
It is simply transfer of aggression

kevoh:

In other words the Christians do not respect Jesus christ or the Jews do not respect their religion? undecided

I hope you know Charlie Hebdo has made more satirical drawings of Christianity and Judaism, way more than Islam's, even on christmas eve a satirical drawing depicting the birth of Jesus was made yet you don't see mosques destroyed, Charlie hebdo's office fire-bombed or the cartoonists killed as a reply by the Christians and Jews.
[b][/b]
Ghumaysa:

Something haapened in far away france you burn churches
Is it a church that ownes the magazine
And you say its what dey believe in and I should repect that. How would you feel if what happens to the christian population in far away pakistan leads to the burning of mosque in nigeria.my guy whenever you bush a goat to the wall it would retaliate and *nah one day e go happen* I just pray it doesn't consume us all
Well our northern broses never here of dis latest development, I still remember the norwegian saga
Btw back to point they were wrong for going violent
Re: Islam(muslims) Burn Churches In Niger Over Cartoon Of Muhammad In France by dorox(m): 10:41am On Jan 18, 2015
Ghumaysa:

Mocking my mother still does not answer the question as to why a cartoon of Muhammad can in anyway deny some people the right to their religion.
If you mock my mother, I could choose to respond by ignoring you, or mock your mother in return, or sue you for libel. But never would I chop off your head for insulting my mother.

1 Like

Re: Islam(muslims) Burn Churches In Niger Over Cartoon Of Muhammad In France by Ghumaysa: 1:35pm On Jan 18, 2015
I've not in any way supported their violence....Infact,I find it very disturbing,they're not practising islam in any way....what is written in the Quran was referring to days of the prophet(S.A.W.) where the ''apostates '' have frustrated Muslims to the point where they were told to fight back. it doesn't in any way have to do with these days where no one is killing d Muslims.....lack of understanding on the part of some Muslims is what drives them to this level of violence.Its not Islam teaming. I'm human and Muslim like you and will never support the hurting of another human,whether Jew or christian.
If Charlie Hebdo did it for Christians and a group of Christians protest without violence,they' re not wrong and so the Muslim protestors are also not wrong to protest,d violence involved is just the mistake,as I said earlier.
Re: Islam(muslims) Burn Churches In Niger Over Cartoon Of Muhammad In France by Ghumaysa: 1:37pm On Jan 18, 2015
papercoin:

It is simply transfer of aggression

[b][/b]

Something haapened in far away france you burn churches
Is it a church that ownes the magazine
And you say its what dey believe in and I should repect that. How would you feel if what happens to the christian population in far away pakistan leads to the burning of mosque in nigeria.my guy whenever you bush a goat to the wall it would retaliate and *nah one day e go happen* I just pray it doesn't consume us all
Well our northern broses never here of dis latest development, I still remember the norwegian saga
Btw back to point they were wrong for going violent

I justified their protest not their violence!!! Transfer of agression to the innocent is very very wrong!!!!
Re: Islam(muslims) Burn Churches In Niger Over Cartoon Of Muhammad In France by papercoin(m): 2:03pm On Jan 18, 2015
Ghumaysa:

I justified their protest not their violence!!! Transfer of agression to the innocent is very very wrong!!!!

That's good I appreciate your understanding
Re: Islam(muslims) Burn Churches In Niger Over Cartoon Of Muhammad In France by benalvino2(m): 2:29pm On Jan 18, 2015
Ghumaysa:

when you say innocent what do you mean?
Re: Islam(muslims) Burn Churches In Niger Over Cartoon Of Muhammad In France by benalvino2(m): 2:40pm On Jan 18, 2015
Ghumaysa:
I've not in any way supported their violence....Infact,I find it very disturbing,they're not practising islam in any way....what is written in the Quran was referring to days of the prophet(S.A.W.) where the ''apostates '' have frustrated Muslims to the point where they were told to fight back. it doesn't in any way have to do with these days where no one is killing d Muslims.....lack of understanding on the part of some Muslims is what drives them to this level of violence.Its not Islam teaming. I'm human and Muslim like you and will never support the hurting of another human,whether Jew or christian.
If Charlie Hebdo did it for Christians and a group of Christians protest without violence,they' re not wrong and so the Muslim protestors are also not wrong to protest,d violence involved is just the mistake,as I said earlier.

what are they practicing? didn't mohammad behead 60 people in a day? they where practicing islam by getting angry after cartoons and murder people... now these peaceful on innocent ones are getting angry because of cartoons and burning churches... give rhem a gun and see.

you want to go into Koran debate?

muslims are burning cgurches... please when did Christians ever protest because of cartoons?
you know how many times catholic church has sued them?

why Muslims don't come out in these numbers and protest against Isis killing anything that is not on their side? because they all believe in kill the infidels. I know you support the killing and you taqqiya no go work here

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Response To Hard Mirror Threads / Who Is The One True God? / The Experience: Sheer Waste Of Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.