Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Is It A Culture That Women Should Fight For Their Husbands Property? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is It A Culture That Women Should Fight For Their Husbands Property? (805 Views)

The 6ft Tall Idanre Queen Who Outlived All Her Husbands (Photo) / The Wodaabe Fulani In Africa, Where Women Can Marry As Many Husbands (Photos) / Adopted Western Culture That You Dislike. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Culture That Women Should Fight For Their Husbands Property? by CHUKSKALIDONN: 10:30pm On Jan 17, 2015
Before you begin to misunderstand, read this post well and comment accordingly.
This could be considered as a trivial matter or situation but am concerned about it as an adage says in Igbo......ihe ojoo gbaa afo oburu omenani....Women that goes into marriage are said to posses some personality that could either label them as good or bad wife but am specifically concerned about one.
When women in their fight against possessiveness directly or indirectly disconnects their husbands from his direct family, could this be justified culturally or is it an attribute of a bad wife? This question may look silly but its asked not on a general note but , based on a particular situation witnessed; which, thereupon, seem to justify it as an acceptable culture linked with women being culturally eligible to fight for their husband property.
So, I feel like gaining wisdom upon this.....is this a culture that women should be the one fighting for the husbands property. Secondly, can it be justified that husbands should allow their wife to disassociate them from their direct families on the basis of them offering advice on family relationships to their husband : does it mean in marriage the rights or decisions for family relationships culturally rests on a woman rather than the man?
Thanks
Re: Is It A Culture That Women Should Fight For Their Husbands Property? by delishpot: 10:34pm On Jan 17, 2015
CHUKSKALIDONN:
Before you begin to misunderstand, read this post well and comment accordingly.
This could be considered as a trivial matter or situation but am concerned about it as an adage says in Igbo......ihe ojoo gbaa afo oburu eminencies....Women that goes into marriage are said to posses some personality that could either label them as good or bad wife but am specifically concerned about one.
When women in their fight against possessiveness directly or indirectly disconnects their husbands from his direct family, could this be justified culturally or is it an attribute of a bad wife? This question may look silly but its asked not on a general note but asked, based on a particular situation witnessed; which, thereupon, seem to justify it as an acceptable culture linked with women being culturally eligible to fight for their husband property.
So, I feel like gaining wisdom upon this.....is this a culture that women should be the one fighting for the husbands property. Secondly, can it be justified that husbands should allow their wife to disassociate them from their direct families on the basis of them fighting for properties: does it mean in marriage the rights for family relationships rests on a woman rather than the man?
Thanks

, my brothers wealth is not mine. What ever he gives to me is as a result of his kindness which i as a sibbling should appreciate as kindness and not seen as my right unless we are business partners of course.
Now, some women try to turn their hubbues against his people and this is bad. I have also seen hubbies try to run wifeys affair even as it concerns her family So both genders play that game. Such spouses are bad. Be it man or woman.
I do not know why a woman cannot fight for her husbands priperty if she has kids with him or if she was with him when he made the property. Do you know how many times she couldnt do some things cos she and hubby were saving money to start a business or build a house etc? so after all the plans, all the endurance all the luxury pushed behind for the interest of the mans(family's) business, his family will decide that the woman did not make any imput after his death?
Ok lets say, if the mans people promise her they will look after her and the kids, how should he put her welbeing and that of her kids in the hands of another person?
To me, I believe a mans property should be shared among those depending fully on him before his death. Excluding adults who can fend for themselves(they should go and work).
The childrens interests should be priority then if he has sick and/or aged parents, then the wife and then, any other relative that was benefiting from him.
If he was wealthy, the woman can oversee his business and be ordered to pay monthly allawee to these extended family members
If the mans wealth is not much then the wife and her kids should keep what property the man left behind Abi his children will eat stones and live in the street ni?
Many of us know how our relatives are with money, so I wont be surprised if some wives get kicked out and she has to go fend for herself and kids.
That is my take on it sha.
Re: Is It A Culture That Women Should Fight For Their Husbands Property? by CHUKSKALIDONN: 10:38pm On Jan 17, 2015
delishpot:

your view or question pls
Re: Is It A Culture That Women Should Fight For Their Husbands Property? by macof(m): 11:15pm On Jan 18, 2015
A woman who didn't start from scratch with the husband should go and work
unless she had kids...especially Male for the man
Re: Is It A Culture That Women Should Fight For Their Husbands Property? by ireneony(f): 11:55am On Jan 19, 2015
,......hmmm speechless

(1) (Reply)

Great News For Chinese Mandarin Learners On Nairaland! / 5 Interesting Things About The Hausas Of Northern Nigeria / Ghanaian Broadcaster Says You Are A Slave If You Have An English Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.