Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) (11638 Views)

EMU Trains For Lagos Light Rail Blue Line Ready For Shipping / FG Test Runs Abuja-Kaduna Cabin Trains (photos) / Nigerians Are Eating, Charging Laptops, Making Calls Inside Trains (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by nzeadachie: 9:33am On Jan 18, 2015
HugeCock:
i neva said locomotives are not in use anymore. Read my comment well
in china for example locomotive train both electric from guangzhou to beijing is 2 to 3 days 300rmb/#9000, speed train 8 hours800rmb/#24000, it depends on your pocket so you can't tell me that they're using it for short distance

1 Like

Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by nzeadachie: 9:34am On Jan 18, 2015
all4naija:
Shut the f**k up and listen to those in the know! Only in third world countries locomotive trains are installed in present time. You need to travel through developed nations to understand what Hugecock is talking about. He is very correct.
guy am not in 9ja, you have to go out and see by yourself ok?
Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 18, 2015
HugeCock:
Op some of those trains u posted are electric trains. Locomotive trains in those countries have been there for decades and have been maintained throughout those years. While some have been been converted to cargo trains, some are used for short distance travel round a state. Look at those same countries now and you see them using high speed trains or electric trains for interstate or international travel. Wat i'm tryin to say is tryin to justify GEJ for bringing locomotive trains is pointless. This is 2015. I dont think there are countries dat still install locomotive trains at this age except dat country is extremely poor. And nigeria isn't a poor country
which one would you prefer, locomotive train or trainless Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by LastProphet: 9:35am On Jan 18, 2015
Super1759:
stop hating. say the truth and the truth will set you free. when gsm came into Nigeria, was there 3g? can you even browse.... its small small

I wonder why you APC block heads can't know that change is a gradual effect,never automatic. you had non before and now you have something and you now want the latest figure....keep thinking like grand pa buhari

Grand pa is even enjoying the train

This is an airport shuttle bus, it takes passengers to and fro the tarmac. I now see the level of exposure of the op and pay-per-click squad

1 Like

Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by saudatu(m): 9:35am On Jan 18, 2015
anonimi:

Meanwhile in Nigeria, the 'excellent' governor of the alternative Association of Pretending Crooks, APC has been struggling for the past 16 years, along with their National Leader- JagaBandit Ogbeni Ojuyobo- to do ordinary metro for Lagos city alone. Lagos is much smaller with fewer people than India's New Delhi.

The Lagos metro CONSTRUCTION was started 32 years ago by Jakande before daft Buhari cancelled it despite huge penalties for breach of contract. Worse still, the ethno-religious bigot who was the military DICTATOR back then slammed our Action governor in jail while leaving his corrupt tribesmen in comfortable house arrests shocked

Fashola made a lot of PROPAGANDA noise to inspect his aloku scrap trains in Toronto four years ago, in 2011, also.

This state governor LIED to us in January 2013 that five months later i.e. June 2013 we will be tweeting from inside those trains. Two years later- today- we have neither seen train nor our money. In short our IGR plus the allocation from Niger Delta oil that Fashola collects monthly on our behalf don enter Toronto bush embarassed embarassed

Let us even forget, for now, the very sad story of Amaechi's metro for Port-Harcourt that he commenced while in PDP but abandoned as soon as he became Driver General of their useless alternative party, APC!

It is crystal clear that even the best APC governments (past & current) have been very unserious since 1999 and do NOT know what they are doing for the masses who VOTE them into power every four years!
They have been big FRAUDULENT SCAMS shocked

How can any reasonable Nigerian want to reward such gross INCOMPETENCE and blatant FRAUD with promotion of their APC to the presidency if that voter is not afflicted with the Cow Cloned Brain Syndrome, CCBS

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos

Just a word the to summarize your epistle "NONSENSE".

2 Likes

Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by onuwaje(m): 9:36am On Jan 18, 2015
I thought locomotive trains are d ones with exhaust on top with big smoke ontop...
Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by nzeadachie: 9:36am On Jan 18, 2015
haibe:
What's wrong with this kind of trains to be in Nigeria. Nawa 4 GEJ
guy it's step by step
Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by bolivnnaija: 9:36am On Jan 18, 2015
FindOut:
Meanwhile, in the same India....since 2002....underground, on ground, overhead

A serious government (current and previous) that knows what they are doing

Though this is just one city in India, see the pace of work and progress recorded in less than four years of initial operation and still being sustained, including future plans... FYI, I HAVE been on those trains a couple of times on a 2013 trip to India and I can tell you that the standard (from type of coaches to ticketing to stations is the exact same you'll find in the most developed countries.

OP, Don't let me embarrass you further by posting costs of the entire project so far and comparing it with how much money we have been playing around with in Nigeria over the years. You come here to insult the sensibilities of the citizens of an oil producing nation that has earned billions of dollars in oil revenue in the last decade alone with pictures of locomotives (many of which are strictly/mostly used for cargo) implying that we should accept your GEJ trains and thank him for the pieces of crap, while he continues to ride in several private jets. The sooner you GEJ apostles realize how far behind Nigeria is, behind countries that were not up to our level only few decades ago, the better. And what is worse is while the rest of the world is beginning to fly, we are still crawling, almost backwards, and people like you are telling us to accept that crawling (since it is a form of "motion" in any direction) and continue in that state. NO!

Buhari/Osinbajo 2015. If they and their team also fail to perform, or perform unjustifiably below expectation like OBJ did and GEJ has, by God's grace, 2019, we will vote them out too and put another team there who is more equipped to do the job, even if they are in PDP, APGA, LP, AD, UNDP, GDM, NNPC, EFCC, ICPC, NYSC...you get the point.

Clap for yourself. Is only in this dispensation that you know you have been earning billions of dollars in oil. Jonathan has been transparent enough to pass the FOI Bill, that is why ur here making all sought of noise.

This dispensation has brought to bear transparency like no other before him. He has empowered more like no other by building more schools and intervening in agriculture. If we have previous leaders working this way, you won't be in India. Cut the guy some slack. He is not responsible for your misery but he is responsible (partly), for your future wellbeing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by anonimi: 9:39am On Jan 18, 2015
saudatu:
Just a word the summarize all what you have been saying "NONSENSE".

No surprise there. I already noted here on NL that sympathisers of the Association of Pretending Crooks, APC only say nonsense when confronted with harsh realities and FACTS about their tin-god leaders.

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by ceejayluv(m): 9:39am On Jan 18, 2015
haibe:
What's wrong with this kind of trains to be in Nigeria. Nawa 4 GEJ
Gonna take decades, man... The Japanese shinkansen train project started as far back as 1930's, was halted during the world war and continued in the 50's...

The Japanese budgeted an equivalent of 12 trillion naira around 2009 for ONLY the upgrade and expansion of the bullet train network which would take not less than ten years.

When kpmg hailed our 25-year rail plan, several critics cried that it's too long.. The fact is that the best time to have gotten our rail right was in the 60's and 70's... The second best time is to start now (which GEJ is doing) and plan in the long term... It's gonna gulp tens billions of dollars and the private sector must come in .
Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by saudatu(m): 9:41am On Jan 18, 2015
Super1759:
stop hating. say the truth and the truth will set you free. when gsm came into Nigeria, was there 3g? can you even browse.... its small small

I wonder why you APC block heads can't know that change is a gradual effect,never automatic. you had non before and now you have something and you now want the latest figure....keep thinking like grand pa buhari

Grand pa is even enjoying the train

So you mean few years to come, we will still have to spend another billions of naira to upgrade it? ODEE ! cry

1 Like

Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by ceejayluv(m): 9:42am On Jan 18, 2015
bolivnnaija:

Clap for yourself. Is only in this dispensation that you know you have been earning billions of dollars in oil. Jonathan has been transparent enough to pass the FOI Bill, that is why ur here making all sought of noise.

This dispensation has brought to bear transparency like no other before him. He has empowered more like no other by building more schools and intervening in agriculture. If we have previous leaders working this way, you won't be in India. Cut the guy some slack. He is not responsible for your misery but he is responsible (partly), for your future wellbeing
Tell them ooooo...
Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by Swiftboy(m): 9:43am On Jan 18, 2015
oduastates:
Confirmed odes full here wella.

Those are not locomotives
Those are electric trains. You see those wires above the trains? they not only supply the power (fuel), they also send the signal of the location of the trains.
Diesel engines are only used mostly to move cargoes and rarely, humans to remote regions in those countries.
You are also likely to have a few steam engines plying tourist routes like the Swiss alps.
Yes not all are locomotive trains in the posts. But he's right for saying our diesel powered train are being used as passenger trains. Even in New York. The only thing is the gauge differences which determine the speed. Now we should give credit to the Nigerian government cos this will go along way. I've seen trains carrying petroleum products to the North. Those APC-Buhari opposition are just being impossible.Thank God fresh trains are being used with the right organization and the fact that its cheap in case I want to safe costs,I have the option of sleeping in my first class cabin till the next day. Future administrations can upgrade these facilities. The thing is Goodluck's method is better than theirs. They complain he's draining Nigeria's money but I see what he's done. Am not saying with the right price,well maybe he's eating our money with the projects but things are on ground compared to past administrations that has left them abandoned leaving the cash is some bank and claiming they have done the country good while the money depreciate in values. The present administration has said it long before that the cash will be spent on what will improve the life of the people. I see roads,bridges,refineries,companys,Agriculture,power plants and minning going on,how best do you develop a nation than that? APC'S are just mis-interpreting the government will back fire as more and more objective people are confirming these things.If you like let them use your emotion to ruin the future of this nation. Even Buhari that prefar to safe money than invest it. SMH. Goodluck meant well with this project we should stop being pessimistic. Forget those that are talking because talk is cheap. We should start growing economy instead of the stipends we generate from oil. Nigeria have the population and capacity to do wonder even without oil revenue. Yes we should spend those billion dollars as we our airports are having cargo terminal for importation of machines and tools to do those cool projects. Look at our sea ports even ship will be coming into the country via portharcourt port. Common Nigerians! Wake up.
Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 18, 2015
nzeadachie:
guy am not in 9ja, you have to go out and see by yourself ok?
Where are you? Possibly living in India or Bangladesh! Smh...!
Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by agabaI23(m): 9:44am On Jan 18, 2015
anonimi:

Below is a picture of 'excellent' APC governor inspecting aloku scrap trains in Toronto four years ago in 2011.

Anyone who supports and promotes any candidate from Fashola's APC party is the reason our governments-

- Federal exeutive
- Federal legislative i.e. senator and representative
- State executive i.e. governor
- State legislative i.e. House of Assembly
- LGA executive i.e. Chairman
- LGA legislative i.e. Councillor

feel comfortable feeding us crumbs from our very own table.
That is sadly pathetic.

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos
Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by saudatu(m): 9:49am On Jan 18, 2015
anonimi:

No surprise there. I already noted here on NL that sympathisers of the Association of Pretending Crooks, APC only say nonsense when confronted with harsh realities and FACTS about their tin-god leaders.

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos

You know your problem, you are just an ignorant Nigerian who haven't see beyond his nose.

1 Like

Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 18, 2015
Nashoji:
i'd prefer better dan a locomotive. A country wit the "largest economy" in africa still installing locomotives at this age? Isn't dat embarrassing? Nigerians deserve better than this. Its like being served stone garri and watery soup in a 5star hotel.
Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by Nobody: 10:01am On Jan 18, 2015
Why did d mods remove this topic from fp?
Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by Swiftboy(m): 10:03am On Jan 18, 2015
Nashoji:
Abeg give me locomotive for now. Nna half bread is better than a promised salad. APC should go and chew their dumb overbloated manifesto!
Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by Swiftboy(m): 10:09am On Jan 18, 2015
And how is this the federal government's fault that some people are still primitive in their thinking? Blame everything on GEJ and expect him to take the blame otherwise he'll be termed clueless. Start thinking my Brother,we're just transforming. Join the train before it leave you behind!
Rossikk:

Italian passenger locomotive in current use in Italy

Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by Swiftboy(m): 10:14am On Jan 18, 2015
Is it not better to appreciat this so we can have speed train for pasenger latter on while we use the locomotive for cargo? Damn APC promised us 160,000 mega-watt per tenor. Get real!
HugeCock:
i'd prefer better dan a locomotive. A country wit the "largest economy" in africa still installing locomotives at this age? Isn't dat embarrassing? Nigerians deserve better than this. Its like being served stone garri and watery soup in a 5star hotel.
Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by Nobody: 10:31am On Jan 18, 2015
Swiftboy:
Is it not better to appreciat this so we can have speed train for pasenger latter on while we use the locomotive for cargo? Damn APC promised us 160,000 mega-watt per tenor. Get real!
ur president promised 400,000MW before 2014. How many MW are we producing now? We've been hearing this "one step at a time" talk for years and still same shít we see everyday.

1 Like

Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:34am On Jan 18, 2015
HugeCock:
Op some of those trains u posted are electric trains. Locomotive trains in those countries have been there for decades and have been maintained throughout those years. While some have been been converted to cargo trains, some are used for short distance travel round a state. Look at those same countries now and you see them using high speed trains or electric trains for interstate or international travel. Wat i'm tryin to say is tryin to justify GEJ for bringing locomotive trains is pointless. This is 2015. I dont think there are countries dat still install locomotive trains at this age except dat country is extremely poor. And nigeria isn't a poor country
You are right but from Buhari to GEJ can you show the train they (past leaders) build, mind you some of the new trains were build with the revenue generated by the functioning old ones

1 Like

Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by phiszo(m): 10:35am On Jan 18, 2015
nigerians and mediocrity. sad
Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by groovie(m): 10:40am On Jan 18, 2015
The problem I have with some Nigerians, even the educated ones is that when they see facts staring them in the face, they still go ahead majoring on the minor and minoring on the major. Someone posted on how long it took the Japanese to perfect their rail system and are even spending more time and money on upgrades. To build those wonderful rail systems u like, u need public/private partnership. To bring about that partnership the govt needs to make the players interested by showing them how high the demand is. To demonstrate this the govt has to start from somewhere. Those locomotive engines the govt bought were built in 1991 the newer one is 2011. Now in 1991 those countries u envy were already running on standard gauge rail system. What were ur leaders doing all those years? Now this guy has started somewhere and has created a right platform for progress and some people are still condemning it. I'm not a fan of Jonathan neither am I a fan of buhari but we should learn to analyze issues objectively and with purpose.
Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:40am On Jan 18, 2015
all4naija:
Shut the f**k up and listen to those in the know! Only in third world countries locomotive trains are installed in present time. You need to travel through developed nations to understand what Hugecock is talking about. He is very correct.
You said third world countries what is Nigeria first world country? Did you think our budget can build and maintain this modern trains? What is our budget compare to this countries? Stop contradicting yourself
Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by Swiftboy(m): 10:41am On Jan 18, 2015
bolivnnaija:

Please leave em alone! Somebody bought Garri so that you wont go hungry,you keep shouting he's cheating you because you are expecting intercontinental cuisine when in reality you dont have more than 50 naira. They want us to leave other sector for transport alone. Weldone. All I want is development,let no one shout that its substandard at least we have something. APC trying to give us empty promises at the expense of someone that's trying his best wont cut it. If they have something better let them wait. Aso Rock is occupied. Where are the cable trains promised by Fashola? Federal Government provided gas plant and the state government cannot provide security such that they got blown in the sea yet Goodluck should accept blame and leave office. Am intelligent to know who's being desperate for central power when they dont deserve it. Nigerians shine your eyes,dont listen to your frenemies! #voteWISELY
Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:49am On Jan 18, 2015
saudatu:

Just a word the to summarize your epistle "NONSENSE".
Can you counter him with facts? No, why? Because you are not intelligent to argue with him on points he raised. It is nonsense to you but to the right thinking people it makes a lot of sense to them, my question is where are those trains that the two APC governors started eight years ago.
Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by Swiftboy(m): 10:52am On Jan 18, 2015
HugeCock:
ur president promised 400,000MW before 2014. How many MW are we producing now? We've been hearing this "one step at a time" talk for years and still same shít we see everyday.
and your e-employer has been allowing vandals to blow up gas pipelines in their state territorial water...dont worry Jonathan will come and take the blame for your street transformer that every tom,d!ck and harry experiment stealing with. Infact,keep complaining thats the only thing that you're a citizen for. Some dumb idea of voting people out...will you ever support your government? Will you ever reason with them when they try to tell you things you dont know other than hear say and getting emotional? Spare me the GEJ must take blame talk people in Lagos are groaning,Fashola should stop shouting to promote the unqualified cattle rearer I dont deal with em phonies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by gists: 10:59am On Jan 18, 2015
bolivnnaija:

Transparency? You mean like firing someone who raised alarm over unaccounted billions of dollars while keeping those who couldn't account for the money in office? You mean like not making public the findings of PWC on the missing billions from NNPC? I am sure you are refering to the making billionaires out of well known militants. Sure gej has performed like no other -clap, clap grin grin grin
Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by Swiftboy(m): 11:11am On Jan 18, 2015
Am claping for you who believe someone that could not balance the account put in his care should not be sacked! grin tongue ;P Oh no problem you're one of the beneficiary of the brain-washing propaganda party's antics! Get real my friend!
gists:

Transparency? You mean like firing someone who raised alarm over unaccounted billions of dollars while keeping those who couldn't account for the money in office? You mean like not making public the findings of PWC on the missing billions from NNPC? I am sure you are refering to the making billionaires out of well known militants. Sure gej has performed like no other -clap, clap grin grin grin
Re: Locomotive Trains Still Enjoy Global Popularity (pics) by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 18, 2015
Forward ever, backward never! #change2015!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

. / Container Truck On Fire Along Apapa Expressway And Agege Motor Road (pics) / Will Lagos Ever Be Like Abuja?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.