Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

This Nigerian Life - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / This Nigerian Life (17927 Views)

Aww: See How This Nigerian Man Spent His Valentine (photos) / Is What This Nigerian Said About Gay Marriage True? / Check Out The Location Of This Nigerian Bank's ATM (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Nigerian Life by ggrin(f): 10:04am On Jan 18, 2015
Lordseyad:
2TC

Am damn sure that I , ggrin , and other 3 below me didn't read this epistle--

And it might make sense o..

We have read it now
sad
Re: This Nigerian Life by englishmart(m): 10:05am On Jan 18, 2015
justi4jesu:
Who am I to complain? cheesy
Anty, you no go church today?
Re: This Nigerian Life by wise7(m): 10:05am On Jan 18, 2015
nice write up

4 Likes

Re: This Nigerian Life by aare07(m): 10:05am On Jan 18, 2015
We will get there.
Re: This Nigerian Life by poweredcom(m): 10:05am On Jan 18, 2015
Nigeria is a disgrace to humanity

2 Likes

Re: This Nigerian Life by afrika(f): 10:06am On Jan 18, 2015
Too long to read pls
Re: This Nigerian Life by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 18, 2015
so true! Beautiful article!
Parents don't understand that their children needs break and other activities in their life, other than school from morning to night! wetin persin dey learn there sef

Teachers too! flogging them with cane or giving any kinda stupid punishment won't improve a child's performance!

unemployment and the rest sad really sad

6 Likes

Re: This Nigerian Life by daisyella: 10:06am On Jan 18, 2015
the truth is life is not easy anywhere. we only try to adapt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Nigerian Life by stano2(m): 10:06am On Jan 18, 2015
Brb
Re: This Nigerian Life by onosprince(m): 10:06am On Jan 18, 2015
This article long oh.... nobody read am sef, dem jus comment base on fp tins.

Meanwhile cheasea fans only, add me on bbm to join cfc group...2B63996A
Re: This Nigerian Life by Nobody: 10:08am On Jan 18, 2015
In life we pray for change and so,let's make every second worth it...naija for ever
Re: This Nigerian Life by maryhaam(f): 10:08am On Jan 18, 2015
Nice write up,op is survival of the fittest,till you stop breathing the struggle continues,u made me remember growing up....smiles,life is fair to some n not fair to others.

4 Likes

Re: This Nigerian Life by Nobody: 10:09am On Jan 18, 2015
PEOPLE ARE HYPOCRITES

When you attack black people, They call it “Racism”, When you attack Jewish people, They call it “Anti-semetism”, When you attack Christian people, They call it “Anti-Crusaders”, When you attack Women, they call it “Gender discrimination”, When you attack Homosexuality, They call “Intolerance”, When you attack a country, They call it “Terrorism”, When you attack religious sect, they call it “Hate speech”, but when they attack at the dignity of our Beloved Prophet MUHAMMAD (PBUH), They call it “Freedom of Expression”. When very few of those who lack self-control react, they call all Muslims terrorists.

WHAT AN HYPOCRITICAL WORLD WE LIVE IN.

Muslims cant denigrate other peoples religious value because we respect you all, yet they make mockery of ours. We Muslims, should leave them and stay calm. They love war and violence, we wont give it to them.

ISLAM IS PEACE.
Re: This Nigerian Life by devigblegble: 10:09am On Jan 18, 2015
I went through these write up and it made me hmmm, this piece is the image of average life in most developing countries . It's been like this for long . I would love to say " let's hope for the best " but it's just the same old stories .. This is how it going to be
Re: This Nigerian Life by justi4jesu(f): 10:10am On Jan 18, 2015
englishmart:
Anty, you no go church today?

Them postpone our church to nextweek cheesy tongue
Re: This Nigerian Life by korel9: 10:11am On Jan 18, 2015
KenSaroWiwa:

They said this sad nigerian life and ur laughing just to book space. Is this what you gained from GEJ's brutal regime ?

Bros you harsh ooo!

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: This Nigerian Life by An2elect2(f): 10:13am On Jan 18, 2015
following

1 Like

Re: This Nigerian Life by tonypeaches: 10:13am On Jan 18, 2015
Nice write-up.

1 Like

Re: This Nigerian Life by eunisam: 10:16am On Jan 18, 2015
Honestly you are onpoint. I wish Buhari reads this and know that corruption can not be stop by building prison. Goodluck should also know that building substandard and unequipped school can not wipe away illiteracy. This people needs reorientation.Nigerian needs total attitudinal change.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Nigerian Life by Revolva(m): 10:17am On Jan 18, 2015
Sometimes I regret why being born in a rich but poor country
Re: This Nigerian Life by Lordseyad(m): 10:17am On Jan 18, 2015
ggrin:
sad
Se u read am b4 ni?
Re: This Nigerian Life by Kolade354(m): 10:18am On Jan 18, 2015
Just20:
Regardless, I'm still proud to be a Nigerian
proud to be a nigerian when you dont enjoy basic amenities of live...........Your exposure level is Low.
Re: This Nigerian Life by Nobody: 10:20am On Jan 18, 2015
K sorri oo
Re: This Nigerian Life by biafranqueen: 10:20am On Jan 18, 2015
Such is life.. Nice one OP!

The parents working and child on its own, that is life in America, especially for most middle class families. Even the wealthy are worst the Jews especially, and you may have to also work at your family's business if they have one.

The violent discipline /corporal punishment needs to be examined at all levels. When I look at the opposites, white Americans and discipline you will know why they are the highest consumers of mental pharmaceuticals(the children and the parents).

Like the Op said and I am fond of repeating "Leaders are a reflection of the People" if we want change, we must be the change!

2 Likes

Re: This Nigerian Life by texazzpete(m): 10:23am On Jan 18, 2015
Nice post, great article.

2 Likes

Re: This Nigerian Life by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 18, 2015
Wow..
God bless the op..

3 Likes

Re: This Nigerian Life by Welrez(m): 10:28am On Jan 18, 2015
I pity the intellectual mendicants after devouring this piece. Keep asking for a solution when it's in you. The OP has done his bit by opening up areas starved of rectitude. It's our responsibility to unearth solution to these problems.

3 Likes

Re: This Nigerian Life by RedSeaKing(m): 10:31am On Jan 18, 2015
Not a Nigerian and can't tell you the causes of the problems but I enjoyed the article.

You're very wise guy and you know the difference between book trained graduate and a personality. Perhaps Nigerians put too much emphasizes on being shaped for the boss but not shaped for national agenda. Perhaps the root lays in the early learning education (kindergarten, primary).

As an Ethiopian, I can say in Ethiopia it's the opposite. People are patriotic but lack academic education to pursue individual driven goals. Ethiopia has poor education system but Ethiopian history is rich and that's what keeps people feeling proud. Nigeria does not have that kind of legacy, which Nigerians can take pride in. Nigeria is a colonial project where as Ethiopia defeated colonialism.

Perhaps Nigeria needs strong leaders who develop nationalistic and patriotic doctrine in the hearts of citizens rather than just focusing on jobs and is the oil flowing.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Nigerian Life by UuzbaGuuzba: 10:36am On Jan 18, 2015
poweredcom:
Nigeria is a disgrace to humanity

The youth, and majority of the nation, are unemployed because there's no manufacturing going on here. All done in China.

The more we import, the more Chinese have jobs manufacturing what we import.

Sadly, the more we import, the less we have jobs.

Patronise made in Nigeria. And reduce/stop importation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Nigerian Life by Just20(f): 10:37am On Jan 18, 2015
Kolade354:
proud to be a nigerian when you dont enjoy basic amenities of live...........Your exposure level is Low.
I'm not saying the above issues raised by the op are not worrisome that's the meaning of "regardless". Exposure level low? Hahaha I won't dignify that part with a response.
Re: This Nigerian Life by theunusualmoon(m): 10:38am On Jan 18, 2015
Very good piece. These are the thoughts of the 'intelligent many' but have no will to act and you have succeeded in putting them into words.

1 Like

Re: This Nigerian Life by Nobody: 10:39am On Jan 18, 2015
I agree wit u bro,d prob we face we as a youth is hw we grow nd bcome a responsible being,some children wen dey grow up dey find it difficult to understand wat is hppenin in our social life bcuse dey werent thought dis at school wat s wrng nd right,if u see d teacher at a skul use a cane to flog a student if he/she gt d question wrng dis s nt d way nd dey may bcome frightened.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When Last Did You 'chop Life' / Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? / Photo: Nairalander Displays Numerious Awards He Won With A Famous Nigerian Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.