Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,397 members, 7,819,414 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

This Nigerian Life - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / This Nigerian Life (17937 Views)

Aww: See How This Nigerian Man Spent His Valentine (photos) / Is What This Nigerian Said About Gay Marriage True? / Check Out The Location Of This Nigerian Bank's ATM (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Nigerian Life by Csami(m): 10:42am On Jan 18, 2015
Till tomorrow I'll still ask the question "where did we get it wrong?". Was it that our founding father made wrong decisions that are still affecting us or is the fault from us this time. In all honesty, there's something wrong with this nation and If we want to get it right, let start from you and me.
Re: This Nigerian Life by illicit(m): 10:42am On Jan 18, 2015
Nice piece
Re: This Nigerian Life by cophild: 10:44am On Jan 18, 2015
westmest:
Nigeria is not that bad bro. The only problem is that we are too enlightened. Believe me. Nigerians are enlightened i have guinean friends, thier condition is worse than nigeria. And they don't have issues with it. Because they are used to that life. They are really poor beleive me. Nigeria could be better but it is not that bad
What Nigeria do U live in because I would love to move to that Nigeria U live in.
Re: This Nigerian Life by UuzbaGuuzba: 10:45am On Jan 18, 2015
Revolva:
Sometimes I regret why being born in a rich but poor country

Our being born in Nigeria is not a mistake. Everybody is born at some place and some time we cannot determine.

What matters is what do you do, now that you have been born? What are you going to contribute to humanity?
Re: This Nigerian Life by liyalla(m): 10:50am On Jan 18, 2015
Bottom line, we all have a conciouse role to play in becoming a better man first and then a better nation. Stop and see that the other man is unique in his own specialty.
Re: This Nigerian Life by Chuksgeo: 10:52am On Jan 18, 2015
Beautiful piece, its just that no solution is proffered yet. The worst is that most parents and teachers have failed in their duties. The education system needs proper reform both in curriculum and pattern of administration. Truth is going to school guarantees little or no success including proper human civil responsibility but PROPER education does. If these aged long anomalies are not corrected, the ultimate aim and civil expectation of every Nigerian will remain how to make it financially and what govt and the society will do for him and not how they will provide solutions and solve the problems around them, hence our dear country will remain highly dependent of other nations. Our leaders, teachers, parents, religious leaders, elites and even the common man are all products of this improper society, so we are reaping what have been sown. God help his people!

1 Like

Re: This Nigerian Life by RedSeaKing(m): 10:56am On Jan 18, 2015
If I may add I believe corruption including fraud/scams play big role in the lack of trust in Nigeria. Nigerians and the world around them and the far outer layer do not trust Nigeria nor Nigerians.

There has to be eradication to these ill practices which became strongly associated with Nigeria and Nigerians. The Nigerians themselves have as a result given up on Nigerians and Nigeria. There is no trust in any institution or individual.

When the world refuses to do business with Nigeria because of fears, Nigerians themselves say Bleep it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Nigerian Life by Admiralomoniyi(m): 10:57am On Jan 18, 2015
only the deep can call the deep....
nice writeup
life drama in Nigeria
Re: This Nigerian Life by Nobody: 11:01am On Jan 18, 2015
This one is strong!
Re: This Nigerian Life by UuzbaGuuzba: 11:05am On Jan 18, 2015
eunisam:
Honestly you are onpoint. I wish Buhari reads this and know that corruption can not be stop by building prison. Goodluck should also know that building substandard and unequipped school can not wipe away illiteracy. This people needs reorientation.Nigerian needs total attitudinal change.

You are right.
Attitudinal change.
But perform this one experiment for me if you can.
Change your attitude. Wake up one morning, today is fine, and say, "Today I will be _____". And stick to it. Don't change till you sleep. Do it again tomorrow. And the next.

Attitude changes by changing attitude. Simple.

Do not yield to the temptation of giving up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Nigerian Life by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 18, 2015
Hidentity, you have said it all. I have not read anything so good for a long time on NL.

I would only like to add one thing. Teachers should consider their students' failures partly as their own and also their success.

I have seen a copy of the results of an exam on NL, where all students failed. What the hell was the teacher teaching and how?
In a sane country, he would have to explain this failure to his / her headmaster. It can't be that all students were too st*upid.

I love this piece of writing. So much truth in it, wisdom! I share every thought and idea.

Thank you so much.

7 Likes

Re: This Nigerian Life by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 18, 2015
korel9:
Okay.

I gbadun and agree with your write-up.

But let me ask you something

Where do we start from? undecided

The regular Nigerian will tell you it didn't start from him so why will he be the one to change the tradition?

But the frontpage title is a little harsh on the Nigerian personality angry

Why not start with yourself? wink
Re: This Nigerian Life by Nobody: 11:13am On Jan 18, 2015
afrika:
Too long to read pls

Another proof that something is terribly wrong with the education system. Sorry to say this.

1 Like

Re: This Nigerian Life by Nobody: 11:13am On Jan 18, 2015
daisyella:
the truth is life is not easy anywhere. we only try to adapt

Life is MUCH better in some other countries.
Re: This Nigerian Life by Nobody: 11:15am On Jan 18, 2015
westmest:
Nigeria is not that bad bro. The only problem is that we are too enlightened. Believe me. Nigerians are enlightened i have guinean friends, thier condition is worse than nigeria. And they don't have issues with it. Because they are used to that life. They are really poor beleive me. Nigeria could be better but it is not that bad

cry cry

My reply to your nauseating post is so brutal that I would rather keep it to myself.
Re: This Nigerian Life by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 18, 2015
westmest:

Don't compare yourself with countries that are even worse off, your standards should be higher, have good role-models instead of consoling yourself with other developing countries.

3 Likes

Re: This Nigerian Life by korel9: 11:24am On Jan 18, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Why not start with yourself? wink

Believe this when I say it

You're just a beginner in this journey

I preach this every hour of the day so thank God I now have a follower undecided
Re: This Nigerian Life by Nobody: 11:25am On Jan 18, 2015
korel9:

Believe this when I say it

You're just a beginner in this journey

I preach this every hour of the day so thank God I now have a follower undecided

Sorry, your response doesn't make sense to me.
Re: This Nigerian Life by 12ema: 11:31am On Jan 18, 2015
westmest:
Nigeria is not that bad bro. The only problem is that we are too enlightened. Believe me. Nigerians are enlightened i have guinean friends, thier condition is worse than nigeria. And they don't have issues with it. Because they are used to that life. They are really poor beleive me. Nigeria could be better but it is not that bad.

You must be high.

1 Like

Re: This Nigerian Life by Feraz(m): 11:33am On Jan 18, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Another proof that something is terribly wrong with the education system. Sorry to say this.
Are you surprised? They're many. Seeing most of the replies in the first page gets you to shake your head in pity. Once it is something to enlighten one, they can't read but put up a gossip story, they'll read to the last full stop.

Something is really wrong with our educational system.

4 Likes

Re: This Nigerian Life by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 18, 2015
Feraz:
Are you surprised? They're many. Seeing most of the replies in the first page gets you to shake your head in pity. Once it is something to enlighten one, they can't read but put up a gossip story, they'll read to the last full stop.

Something is really wrong with our educational system.

I am not surprised. sad

And I agree with you.

This is such an educative, insightful and interesting write-up that should be enjoyed, appreciated and discussed but ... undecided

1 Like

Re: This Nigerian Life by sagaciousblog: 11:36am On Jan 18, 2015
Nice write-up Op, interesting!
Re: This Nigerian Life by RedSeaKing(m): 11:36am On Jan 18, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Don't compare yourself with countries that are even worse off, your standards should be higher, have good role-models instead of consoling yourself with other developing countries.

Yes you're correct. One should always aim for higher standards but no disrespect to Guinea either but you can't compare it to Nigeria. Nigeria is a nation of 170 million people while Guinea is under 12 million (that's like Lagos).

Nigerians have to compare themselves to South Africa, Egypt and Ethiopia, who have similar but less populations.
Re: This Nigerian Life by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 18, 2015
RedSeaKing:

Yes you're correct. One should always aim for higher standards but no disrespect to Guinea either but you can't compare it to Nigeria. Nigeria is a nation of 170 million people while Guinea is under 12 million (that's like Lagos).

Nigerians have to compare themselves to South Africa, Egypt and Ethiopia, who have similar but less populations.

Nigerians should learn from any other country that is better developed, there are many of them and from each a lesson or two can be learned.

1 Like

Re: This Nigerian Life by Harrychocoberry(m): 11:40am On Jan 18, 2015
This is a nice piece.
The institution of learning ranging from the Higher level I.e(family) to the social standing have failed mankind in general not only in Nigeria.
At the end of the chaos all that can be done is Look up to JAH,cos he's the one to offer proper help.

b/w..
Op not all would appreciate this your thread.

On a funny note I thought I was the only one who write such long reads..
Re: This Nigerian Life by RedSeaKing(m): 11:42am On Jan 18, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Nigerians should learn from any other country that is better developed, there are many of them and from each a lesson or two can be learned.

Valid statement.
Co-signed but also Nigeria should take big or bigger steps with nations her size.

2 Likes

Re: This Nigerian Life by juniormusa(m): 11:47am On Jan 18, 2015
True talk Op still hoping for a better Nigeria
GMB/Osinbajo 2015
Re: This Nigerian Life by Ninilowo(m): 11:49am On Jan 18, 2015
Engineers do not read epistles
Re: This Nigerian Life by Pdizzle(m): 11:55am On Jan 18, 2015
It's sad our institutions in this country is defective at every level. We have a long way to go, but it starts with you and me.
Re: This Nigerian Life by lastmessenger: 12:00pm On Jan 18, 2015
I love this piece. In summary treat your neighbour with much love and Nigeria will be a great place.
Re: This Nigerian Life by donodion(m): 12:08pm On Jan 18, 2015
The culture of violence and abuse in Nigeria cuts across board.
Parents raised childeren believing the only way to command their obedience and compliance is via swearing and beating,almost all the time.
A child makes a mistake,the father swears at him/her with reference to her mothers family.The mother is angry she shouts on top of her voice,while attempting to cane.

Besides.at every instance of provocation,Nigerians dont talk,THEY SHOUT.

Its an unfortunate accustomised culture.

Change starts with Me and You dear readers.

Op,thank you as i read the post line by line.
Re: This Nigerian Life by fr3do(m): 12:25pm On Jan 18, 2015
Where do we start from?

Let's start by being patriots and loving the country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Let's Talk About Phobia, What Are You Afraid Of? / Could This Be The Independence Day Gold-plated Iphone? / What's That Awkward Thing You Always Do Whenever You Are Angry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.