Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,748 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Whi - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Whi (10006 Views)

What Will Be The Future Prospect Of Those Who Go To Private Universities And Whi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whi by mikkyangel(m): 7:30pm On Dec 20, 2008
be precise,
Re: Whi by skolars(m): 3:00am On Dec 21, 2008
Canadian University Degree Programs Online
Walden University or University of Phoenix
Grand Canyon University
Athabasca University - Canada

Athabasca University is Canada's leading distance-education and online university: Canada's Open University. It currently serves in excess of 24,136 students per year. All Athabasca University courses and programs are available through distance or online education. Athabasca University offers programs in a wide range of study areas and at the following education levels:

* University Diploma Programs
    * University Certificate Programs
    * Undergraduate Degree Programs
    * Graduate Diploma Programs
    * Graduate Degree Programs

Athabasca University is a publicly funded institution of the Province of Alberta that reports to the government through the Minister of Learning. Through the Universities Act, the government authorizes Athabasca University Governing Council to grant degrees and govern its own affairs. In June 2002 the University was awarded candidacy status for US accreditation by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.

Canadian Virtual University
Canadian Virtual University (CVU) is a partnership of Canadian universities offering 250 degrees, diplomas and certificates completely online and through distance education. Mix and match from a catalogue of 2000 courses, and save fees when you take courses from more than one partner university.

Canadian Virtual University offers over 250 programs, with many areas of study including:

Accounting

Human Science

Administration

Human Services

Anthropology

Information Systems

Astronomy

Information Technology

Biology

Integrated Studies

Business

International Studies

Canadian Studies

Knowledge Management

Career Development

Labour Studies

Commerce

Language / Linguistics

Communication

Law

Community Studies

Leadership

Computing / IT / IS

Management

Conflict Management

Maritime Studies

Conservation

Marketing

Counselling

Media Studies

Criminology

Music

Design

Native Studies

Economic Development

Nursing

Editing

Political Economy

Education

Project Management

English

Psychology

English as a Second Language

Public Administration

Entrepreneurship

Public Relations

Environment

Quebec

Environmental Health

Religion

Finance

Science

Fine Arts

Social Sciences

Folklore

Social Work

French

Sociology

General Studies

Spanish

Geography

Technology

Gerontology

Tourism Training

Health and Safety

Wildlife

Health Sciences

Women's Studies

History

Human Resources

Programs are open to residents of North America. All university partners are chartered under provincial legislation and are members of the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada.

Royal Roads University (Canada)
Royal Roads University, Victoria, BC, Canada offers online graduate degrees and certificates in e-learning management for people working in education, communication, and business environments:

* Master of Arts in Distributed Learning
      The MA in Distributed Learning prepares professionals to design, implement, evaluate, manage, and provide support to online learning and distance education systems in private and public sector organizations.

Online graduate certificates in distributed learning available include:

* DL Certificate in E-Learning Design Processes
    * DL Certificate in the Business of E-Learning
    * DL Certificate in Online Learning Facilitation

Royal Roads University is a member of the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada, the Association of Commonwealth Universities, and the Business Council of British Columbia.
for more details call +2348037633338
Re: Whi by Globalstu: 8:28am On Dec 21, 2008
We can help you apply for schools in Canada or the US. We're committed to helping students from all over the world accomplish their goal of a world class education in the US or Canada. If you would like to study abroad, complete your bachelors, graduate degree, or test preparation in the US, let us help you. Visit our site at www.globalstudentconsultant.com.
Re: Whi by mikkyangel(m): 10:21am On Dec 21, 2008
Skola:
thanks alot for the info,u too much!, i really do appreciate, But am not looking for online distance learning, i"d love to be in class one-on-one,receiving lectures and seeing my fellow class mates live, So pls if u"ve got more info on a not too expensive university,feel me in, (Royal roads is too expensive,i sent them mail and they replied me),
Re: Whi by mikkyangel(m): 10:51am On Dec 21, 2008
Global stu:
Good day,i have read through your pages,but it seems you have better concentration on US not Canada, Nothing was said about Canada on your pages,
Re: Whi by chyk91(m): 2:12am On Dec 22, 2008
try brandon university, i know they are about the cheapest and was ranked 32 in the world when i was checking them out. that was 2006 though. their fees was about 1.3 million then, right now i dont know o. so find out. i have forgotten their website and the location,so use google to find them. i wish u luck.

1 Like

Re: Whi by Globalstu: 3:40am On Dec 22, 2008
Yes, we mostly deal with students trying to gain admission to US schools, but we have worked with those who are interested in Canada. Now, when you say cheap, how much can you afford? What is cheap to you? You can try Concordia University, their two year program will cost about 20-26K canadian $, or Mcgill at about 25K+ for the two years. Also look into Dalhousie University, it might be cheaper then the other two, and also Carleton. Good luck with your search.
Re: Whi by skolars(m): 7:05am On Dec 22, 2008
Education in Canada , Masters, MBA,
Why Canada
Canada offers a high quality, affordable education that is recognized world-wide. Moreover, Canada is a safe, secure, healthy, multicultural and welcoming environment for international students. All Universities and Colleges offer excellent academic programs and teaching. As well, services and advisors are available to help students adapt to living in Canada and ensure that the time spent in Canada is enjoyable. In 1998, nearly 30,000 international students made Canadian universities their choice for preparing for a successful career
Profiles/Admission
# Most Of Universities if Canada are World Class Institutions and are cheaper than American Universities. The Deadlines Of Most Engineering Programs are in December to February they have earlier deadline than US universities. Getting in Canadian universities is relatively easy but getting in top 3-4 University is tough. TOEFL and Engineering GPA is most important for Admission. GRE is also Important but it seems TOEFL is most Important.Most Top Universities desire TOEFL>250
# The International English Language Testing System (IELTS): 7.5
# The Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB): 90 with 80 minimum per section including a minimum score Of 3 in the speaking test component. There are similar requirements at Canada's French-language universities. International students are advised to contact the Canadian university where they wish to study about one year in advance.
Cost Of Study
Canadian University are cheapest among UK, USA, Australia. The Commonwealth scholarship is one source of funding for Canadian Universities at the post-graduate level, but is restricted to a very limited number of students of exceedingly high intellectual promise who live in Commonwealth countries.
# Top Schools (Engineering)
# University Of WATERLOO, Ontario
# University Of TORONTO, Ontario
# MCGILL University, MONTREAL, QUEBEC
# SIMON FRASER University, BURNABY, BRITISH COLUMBIA
# CARLETON University, OTTAWA, Ontario
# Universite DE MONTREAL, QUEBEC
# QUEENS University, KINGSTON, Ontario
# University Of BRITISH COLUMBIA, VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA
# CONCORDIA University, MONTREAL, QUEBEC
# University Of ALBERTA, EDMONTON, ALBERTA
# University Of VICTORIA, B.C.
# University Of CALGARY, ALBERTA
# University Of SASKATCHEWAN, SASKATOON
# YORK University
# University Of WESTERN Ontario
# MCMASTER University
# UNIVERSITE DU QUEBEC
# ECOLE POLYTECHNIQUE MONTREAL
# University Of WINDSOR

McMaster University: Mechanical Engineering If English is not your native language, an official copy of your TOEFL score, or other evidence of competency in English. A minimum TOEFL (iBT) score of 80 (550 on the paper-based TOEFL test or 213 on the computer-based TOEFL test). Tests older than 2 years are asked to be repeated. There are NO exceptions and NO waivers.
Re: Whi by chyk91(m): 11:28pm On Dec 22, 2008
also check st thomas uni. i heard its quite cheap
Re: Whi by mikkyangel(m): 8:25pm On Dec 25, 2008
waouh, !i love dis forum, u need an info,b4 u snap ur fingers,u get more than u bargained for, skolar,have said it all,thnx man.

(1) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan, Post Graduate Admission Forms / Project Topics And Materials In International Relations / Waec Timetable For 2019 Ssce - Download Pdf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.