Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary - Education (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary (50510 Views)

Drop One WORD That Can Make Someone Check His/her Dictionary. / 5 Words Nigerians Use That Doesn't Actually Exist In The Dictionary / 10 Words Nigerians Use That Are Not In The Dictionary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by elochukwuse(m): 12:29pm On Jan 20, 2015
hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia shocked
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by lilcutie8916(m): 12:38pm On Jan 20, 2015
hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by dein77(m): 12:51pm On Jan 20, 2015
naturefellow:
Pulchritudinous

Beautiful.

1 Like

Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by fm4real2k6(m): 1:13pm On Jan 20, 2015
dithalopty

stylocathomy

Please visit this link if you want to get a clue www.fmbaba..com
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 20, 2015
Canoodle :To hug and kiss.
Discombobulate :To confuse.
Flibbertigibbet: Nonsense, balderdash.
Many more
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by horlarkunle: 1:20pm On Jan 20, 2015
cunnilingus ...please dont take this for granted....alot of people dont know it
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by coderXO(m): 1:46pm On Jan 20, 2015
Androgynous
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by 2goodbobo(m): 1:50pm On Jan 20, 2015
Raccoon
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by LaurelP(m): 2:19pm On Jan 20, 2015
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoco
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by MostSoughtAfte(f): 2:37pm On Jan 20, 2015
Derriere
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by redsun(m): 2:44pm On Jan 20, 2015
Learning a new language is like acquiring another soul. And replacing one's language with a foreign one is like replacing one's soul with a stranger's. A state of soullessness.
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by barclays22(m): 2:55pm On Jan 20, 2015
Nu ,gnu
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Pilotman(m): 4:05pm On Jan 20, 2015
1. Philter
2. Svelte
3. Pugilist
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by domido(m): 4:13pm On Jan 20, 2015
Mutuwa:

Yea some dictionaries are yet to include such words..just check online.
Ehen!!!
Wetin we no go see
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by sladimeji(m): 4:25pm On Jan 20, 2015
Check dis
Asamaegun
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by DJMicky(m): 4:32pm On Jan 20, 2015
Methionylthreonylthreonylglutaminylarginyl...isoleucine
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nickymezor(f): 5:02pm On Jan 20, 2015
Imanuelle:

Cool
yeah
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by godys(m): 5:17pm On Jan 20, 2015
Intermologeographycationalizatio.
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by tompat86(m): 5:43pm On Jan 20, 2015
antimonopolographicationalitie
;Dantimonopolographicationalitie
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Khd95(m): 5:48pm On Jan 20, 2015
La Jonathan. La clueless cheesy

La Buhari la no certificate grin

Oya chek'figitsm' or 'kunu'
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Khd95(m): 5:53pm On Jan 20, 2015
Filibust

Lepriconist

Ojuju calabar[color=#990000][/color] grin
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by falaxy(m): 6:50pm On Jan 20, 2015
Brobdingnagian
And
Cupidity
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by benom(m): 6:54pm On Jan 20, 2015
Discombobulated: When your discombobulation level rises too high.
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by peculiarabacus(m): 11:30pm On Jan 21, 2015
mikporch:

That means word that is too long to enter a dictionary

Like i do say:::: lolz...the first one means the fear of the number 666.....find the second one......note the word PHOBIA it means fear
mikporch:

Like i do say:::: lolz...the first one means the fear of the number 666.....find the second one......note the word PHOBIA it means fear
mikporch:

Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by bosun11(m): 10:54am On Jan 22, 2015
dropped a word few days ago and i was banned!
now am gonnna drop about 8 words
watch out.

If you know the meaning of at least 6, i owe u something..lol
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by bosun11(m): 11:02am On Jan 22, 2015
Cryptesthesia

Pyrophoric

Internuncial

Vernacularize

Nostomania

Apocryphal

Pusillanimous

Juvenescent
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by berildan(m): 11:22am On Jan 22, 2015
Palava
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 22, 2015
profojah:
Hahahahahaha...this section will really help people who plan to write GRE ( verbal section)...
I wish I cud be allowed to take Hon Patrick obahiagbon with me on the exam date....I wud av gotten a very high mark...lol

For real me too. I wish I could form a study group. I want to get a 330 gre score in order to get into harvard. I am seriously struggling with the gre though. cry cry cry cry
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by coderXO(m): 5:50am On Jan 23, 2015
Revert.

Since Nigerians don't know how to use the word.

I will hear many say "I will revert to you" to say "I will get back to you."

I cringe hearing people say this and using it especially as official language feeling like they used a fancy word.

Don't embarrass yourselves folks. It is wrong.

Revert means "to return to a previous state"

It does not mean is "reply"

Do not use it as such lest you embarrass yourselves with your international counterparts.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/06/magazine/06FOB-onlanguage-t.html?_r=0

Reminds me of these Indians that always write "Hi dear" for "Hi there"

#minirant
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by SAINTSTANLEZ(m): 8:59am On Jan 23, 2015
Affidavit
weal
gesundheit
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 23, 2015
2goodbobo:
Raccoon

lol what the hell? That is not an actual word in the GRE silly. That is the name of an animal. lol
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by shegsrules(m): 8:13pm On Jan 23, 2015
Eargasm

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Nigeria Immigration Shortlisted Names For 2015 Recruitment CBT EXAM. / Nlng Post Graduate Scholarship 2015 / 'Evil Spirit' Reportedly Attacks Female Students In High School (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.