Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,099 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Man Dies After Playing Online Games For THREE Days Straight - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Man Dies After Playing Online Games For THREE Days Straight (1350 Views)

How To Play Online Games With MTN Bis / What Internet Subscription Are You Using On PS4 To Play Online Games?? / Man Dies After Playing Online Games For Three Straight Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Dies After Playing Online Games For THREE Days Straight by vicostyle200: 8:53pm On Jan 18, 2015
The death is the second to hit Taiwan in just a fortnight after another man died on New Years' Day after three days of gaming

A man was found dead in an internet cafe after a spending three days straight on a marathon gaming binge.

It is the second time a man has died from excessive gaming in just over a fortnight in Taiwan
The man, known only by his surname Hsieh, was found slumped in his chair in front of a computer having spent around 72 hours playing ‘combat’ computer games at the cafe in Taiwan.
The 32-year-old had been spotted by staff and other customers lying motionless in his chair, but they all thought he was sleeping.
When a worker went to check on him, they were stunned to discover he was not breathing and immediately called emergency services to the cafe in Greater Kaohsiung.
He was rushed to hospital but pronounced dead shortly after he arrived.
The worker who found him told the Tapei Times: "Hsieh was a regular customer here and always played for consecutive days.
"When tired, he would sleep face-down on the table or doze off slumped in his chair. That is why we were not aware of his condition in the beginning."
Doctors who studied his body confirmed that Hsieh died from heart failure and ruled the incident was a “sudden death” brought on from “prolonged computer gaming”.
Police chief Weng Chun-neng told the Tapei Times that cold temperatures and over-exhaustion from intense game-playing likely contributed to Hsieh’s demise.
GHe said: "We advise people to get up and move around after every two hours of computer gaming. More patrols will be conducted to remind residents about the dangers of prolonged sitting and game-playing.”
The death comes just over a fortnight after a 38-year-old man was found dead at an Internet cafe in New Taipei City on New Year’s Day.
He died after FIVE days straight gaming and police have revealed their frustration at other customers’ lack of interest in fellow patrons’ wellbeing.
A police spokesman said: "We went inside to cordon off the tables and had investigators there to gather evidence.
"Only then did the other patrons realise that someone had died, but they still showed no concern and kept playing their games. We were amazed at their nonchalant attitude."
http://naijafussion..com/2015/01/man-dies-after-playing-online-games-for.html
Re: Man Dies After Playing Online Games For THREE Days Straight by Nobody: 1:12am On Jan 19, 2015
Some people really don't have lives. Three day binge playing pc games? Even when I had a playstation the longest I went was 8 - 10 hours daily.
Hunger, thirst and toilet breaks are strong enough to make anyone leave the system for a few minutes.
Re: Man Dies After Playing Online Games For THREE Days Straight by Talibanis: 7:09pm On Jan 19, 2015
My PS3 console is just lying fallow in the sitting room, itchy for me it's owner to have a go for the past 5months now. Don't get me wrong, I love gaming that's why I bought the console in the first place, however, there are other things to do with ur lives!
Re: Man Dies After Playing Online Games For THREE Days Straight by cao(f): 1:36pm On Jan 24, 2015
I love how no one has noticed the author's mistake, the OP also copied it - headline says three days, but the first paragraph says five days (it even has it in CAPS), then it goes back to three for the rest of the story.

(1) (Reply)

2015 New Pc Games Collection For Sale In Abuja! / Who Played This Game When He Or She Was Small? / Xbox 360/one Game Sharing(license Transfer)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.