Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

What Internet Subscription Are You Using On PS4 To Play Online Games?? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / What Internet Subscription Are You Using On PS4 To Play Online Games?? (7595 Views)

Gameplay Of New Games On PS4, XBOX And PC / I Need A Used Ps4 To Buy / How To Play Online Games With MTN Bis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Internet Subscription Are You Using On PS4 To Play Online Games?? by Samtoby(m): 6:48pm On Jan 03, 2016
Good day Gamers.

Abeg what internet subscription are you using presently to play online games on your PS4.. Will appreciate contributions..

Stay Breezy!!
Re: What Internet Subscription Are You Using On PS4 To Play Online Games?? by trux(m): 8:38pm On Jan 03, 2016
Samtoby:
Good day Gamers.

Abeg what internet subscription are you using presently to play online games on your PS4.. Will appreciate contributions..

Stay Breezy!!
spectranet cheap data fast connection (lagos)
i use night plan 8k for 55gb from 5pm to 9am and weekend&public holiday 24hrs
Re: What Internet Subscription Are You Using On PS4 To Play Online Games?? by XVIER(m): 8:40pm On Jan 03, 2016
On my ps3 I make use of Glo 500naira for 1 week (midnight 12am-5am mon-fri and all hours from sat-sun) and MTN 2500naira (duration same as the Glo but for a month). and its always lag free as long its midnight. Enjoy.

1 Like

Re: What Internet Subscription Are You Using On PS4 To Play Online Games?? by jmaine: 9:37pm On Jan 03, 2016
24GB Glo 8K subscription . . . .
Re: What Internet Subscription Are You Using On PS4 To Play Online Games?? by Samtoby(m): 1:38pm On Jan 05, 2016
trux:

spectranet cheap data fast connection (lagos)
i use night plan 8k for 55gb from 5pm to 9am and weekend&public holiday 24hrs

Thanks bro.. I have been hearing of the Spectranet but everyone that I heard to be using it are all Lagos resident... Can i use it in Kwara ST. And can you please explain bit on how it works?

Thanks
Re: What Internet Subscription Are You Using On PS4 To Play Online Games?? by Samtoby(m): 1:43pm On Jan 05, 2016
XVIER:
On my ps3 I make use of Glo 500naira for 1 week (midnight 12am-5am mon-fri and all hours from sat-sun) and MTN 2500naira (duration same as the Glo but for a month). and its always lag free as long its midnight. Enjoy.

Bro thnks for responding.. Can u plz give code for the Glo sub and is it unlimited or base on specific data? and also dat of MTN, is it unlimited or data and the code to sub.

plus are you able to use these subscriptions during the day time? I mean after exhausting your daytime data.

Thanks
Re: What Internet Subscription Are You Using On PS4 To Play Online Games?? by trux(m): 1:54pm On Jan 05, 2016
[quote author=Samtoby post=41677508]

Thanks bro.. I have been hearing of the Spectranet but everyone that I heard to be using it are all Lagos resident... Can i use it in Kwara ST. And can you please explain bit on how it works?

Thanks[/quote
I don't think it works in kwara only Lagos PH and Abuja
Re: What Internet Subscription Are You Using On PS4 To Play Online Games?? by Samtoby(m): 2:48pm On Jan 05, 2016
[quote author=trux post=41678014][/quote]

Thats a buzzkill.. Thanks for replying

1 Like

Re: What Internet Subscription Are You Using On PS4 To Play Online Games?? by XVIER(m): 3:10pm On Jan 05, 2016
Samtoby:

Bro thnks for responding.. Can u plz give code for the Glo sub and is it unlimited or base on specific data? and also dat of MTN, is it unlimited or data and the code to sub.

plus are you able to use these subscriptions during the day time? I mean after exhausting your daytime data (1,500).

Thanks
the Glo is 3gb and you can get it following the command on *777# and for that of MTN I can't remember but you can google it and mind you its 4.5gb. 1.5gb for 24hrs while the remaining 3gb is for midnight (12am-5am) and last for a month
Re: What Internet Subscription Are You Using On PS4 To Play Online Games?? by captainking(m): 6:46pm On Jan 09, 2016
I need ps4 guys.. Used one I mean... Who got that??
Re: What Internet Subscription Are You Using On PS4 To Play Online Games?? by jukeblam(m): 3:58pm On Jan 11, 2016
jmaine:
24GB Glo 8K subscription . . . .

Do you use this plan via a router, mifi device or your phone?
Also, any noticeable lag when playing soccer?

I use Swift 7k for 14GB plan, however the data is always drained at an alarming rate; tried Smile too, but no noticeable difference- even after restricting to 2Mbps.

Maybe Glo could be worth a try. How's the MB 'sucking' by Glo?
Re: What Internet Subscription Are You Using On PS4 To Play Online Games?? by jmaine: 12:49pm On Jan 14, 2016
jukeblam:

I use Swift 7k for 14GB plan, however the data is always drained at an alarming rate; tried Smile too, but no noticeable difference- even after restricting to 2Mbps.

I use via a TP link router and don't really have lag when playing FIFA online . . . . .My only regret is the strict NAT am having despite portforwarding and even putting my console in a DMZ zone to open all ports in my console static IP.

While using smile, it was great yet the data guzzling tendency is huge but I loved it since it was on moderate NAT.
Re: What Internet Subscription Are You Using On PS4 To Play Online Games?? by Nobody: 11:18am On Jan 15, 2016
jmaine:

I use via a TP link router and don't really have lag when playing FIFA online . . . . .My only regret is the strict NAT am having despite portforwarding and even putting my console in a DMZ zone to open all ports in my console static IP.

While using smile, it was great yet the data guzzling tendency is huge but I loved it since it was on moderate NAT.

Mah nigga, go trash that TP link router, get Cisco instead. I went back to an old Cisco with no silly antenna from 2010 when I noticed my TP link was crapping my connection. I did the same DMZ, forwarding drama yet the con kept getting reset. Cisco linksys bruh.
Re: What Internet Subscription Are You Using On PS4 To Play Online Games?? by jmaine: 2:00pm On Jan 15, 2016
Kazna69:

Mah nigga, go trash that TP link router, get Cisco instead. I went back to an old Cisco with no silly antenna from 2010 when I noticed my TP link was crapping my connection. I did the same DMZ, forwarding drama yet the con kept getting reset. Cisco linksys bruh.

Thanks for the advice bro . . . .You mind sharing the specific type of the Cisco Linksys you are using ?

Am planning on investing in the NETDUMA Router . . . . .
Re: What Internet Subscription Are You Using On PS4 To Play Online Games?? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 15, 2016
jmaine:

Thanks for the advice bro . . . .You mind sharing the specific type of the Cisco Linksys you are using ?
It's a Cisco Linksys Wireless N router, model WRT120N, black.

Got it from when we installed a kkontech broadband Internet with outdoor antenna back in 2010. Kept it after a few years, thought I couldn't use it again cos the adapter got burnt by accident (my fault, bad socket). Revived it by googling how to hard reset the baby cos I lost the installation disc. The forwarding menu is a breeze. The TP link router was from a yah click installation. I asked the engy to get me a gaming router, got me Tp link, biggest mistake.
Re: What Internet Subscription Are You Using On PS4 To Play Online Games?? by jmaine: 2:37pm On Jan 15, 2016
Kazna69:

It's a Cisco Linksys Wireless N router, model WRT120N, black.

Got it from when we installed a kkontech broadband Internet with outdoor antenna back in 2010. Kept it after a few years, thought I couldn't use it again cos the adapter got burnt by accident (my fault, bad socket). Revived it by googling how to hard reset the baby cos I lost the installation disc. The forwarding menu is a breeze. The TP link router was from a yah click installation. I asked the engy to get me a gaming router, got me Tp link, biggest mistake.

Thanks bruv . . . . Wasted my money buying TP Link routers only to get ruthlessly disappointed. I will give the Cisco Routers a go but NETDUMA router is a must for me . . . . .
Re: What Internet Subscription Are You Using On PS4 To Play Online Games?? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 15, 2016
jmaine:

Thanks bruv . . . . Wasted my money buying TP Link routers only to get ruthlessly disappointed. I will give the Cisco Routers a go but NETDUMA router is a must for me . . . . .
Hey whatever floats that boat bruh. If it's for gaming, go for the best your money can buy. Think long term, just buy one router. Are you based in Nigeria?
Re: What Internet Subscription Are You Using On PS4 To Play Online Games?? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 15, 2016
jukeblam:

Just to be certain, doesn't Swift have a 14gb 24/7 plan that has unlimited data access from midnight to 6am? That might help curb the "sucking"
Re: What Internet Subscription Are You Using On PS4 To Play Online Games?? by jmaine: 3:42pm On Jan 15, 2016
Kazna69:

Hey whatever floats that boat bruh. If it's for gaming, go for the best your money can buy. Think long term, just buy one router. Are you based in Nigeria?

Yes am based in Nigeria . . . . .
Re: What Internet Subscription Are You Using On PS4 To Play Online Games?? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 15, 2016
jmaine:

Yes am based in Nigeria . . . . .
Oh OK, keep in mind, all Nigerian Internet is crap. Take it from me. It may not necessarily be the router, or open/closed ports, it could just be our crappy naija Internet with poor lag. F what you see on speed test, you can't match what foreign gamers have flowing like milk & honey 24/7, super high speed with good latency & damn cheap. (my dream cry) in online gaming /competitive play, they always have the edge.
Re: What Internet Subscription Are You Using On PS4 To Play Online Games?? by jmaine: 6:27pm On Jan 15, 2016
Kazna69:

Oh OK, keep in mind, all Nigerian Internet is crap. Take it from me. It may not necessarily be the router, or open/closed ports, it could just be our crappy naija Internet with poor lag. F what you see on speed test, you can't match what foreign gamers have flowing like milk & honey 24/7, super high speed with good latency & damn cheap. (my dream cry) in online gaming /competitive play, they always have the edge.

Yes I know our internet is meaningless compared to the dirt cheap , powerful and robust internet in the advanced countries. But Smile4G is fun to use in places they have good coverage. . . . . . Quite unfortunate, am currently where I can't harness their network sad
Re: What Internet Subscription Are You Using On PS4 To Play Online Games?? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 15, 2016
jmaine:

Yes I know our internet is meaningless compared to the dirt cheap , powerful and robust internet in the advanced countries. But Smile4G is fun to use in places they have good coverage. . . . . . Quite unfortunate, am currently where I can't harness their network sad
That sucks. Why Smile tho? Spectranet has the best plans of the top 3. (Dat 55GB for 8K tho over Swift's 34GB for same price) Speed is subjective. Depends on where you are in Lagos or whereever there's coverage.
Re: What Internet Subscription Are You Using On PS4 To Play Online Games?? by jmaine: 7:05pm On Jan 15, 2016
Kazna69:

That sucks. Why Smile tho? Spectranet has the best plans of the top 3. (Dat 55GB for 8K tho over Swift's 34GB for same price) Speed is subjective. Depends on where you are in Lagos or whereever there's coverage.

Using SMILE4G and gaming was breeze despite the fact I was on the fringes of their network with just 1 bar. With their 1 bar I was hitting an average of 2.4 - 2.6MB/S download speed. Though I had to apply some sense by throttling my speed to just 2Mbps due to the incredible exhaustion of data.

Isn't the spectranet and swift plan of 55GB and 34GB limited somewhat in terms of usage ?

Smile currently has a 24/7 unlimited plan for approximately 20K, I believe if one is in an area of good network, 2 cooperative flat mates can have unlimited internet access for just 10K price grin . . . .
Re: What Internet Subscription Are You Using On PS4 To Play Online Games?? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 15, 2016
jmaine:

Using SMILE4G and gaming was breeze despite the fact I was on the fringes of their network with just 1 bar. With their 1 bar I was hitting an average of 2.4 - 2.6MB/S download speed. Though I had to apply some sense by throttling my speed to just 2Mbps due to the incredible exhaustion of data.

Isn't the spectranet and swift plan of 55GB and 34GB limited somewhat in terms of usage ?

Smile currently has a 24/7 unlimited plan for approximately 20K, I believe if one is in an area of good network, 2 cooperative flat mates can have unlimited internet access for just 10K price grin . . . .

Yea they're kind of the same plan. 5pm to 9am M-F, then 24/7 weekends. Just different data cap. Data cap is just stoopehd!
Re: What Internet Subscription Are You Using On PS4 To Play Online Games?? by jmaine: 9:57pm On Jan 15, 2016
Kazna69:

Yea they're kind of the same plan. 5pm to 9am M-F, then 24/7 weekends. Just different data cap. Data cap is just stoopehd!

Sure, We should move beyond this data cap nonsense . . . . That thing dey annoy me no be small
Re: What Internet Subscription Are You Using On PS4 To Play Online Games?? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jan 15, 2016
jmaine:

Sure, We should move beyond this data cap nonsense . . . . That thing dey annoy me no be small

I seeee u dia, u sef wan tiff bandwidth? We fit to start vandal crew, shutdown Swift & spectranet, deep hacking shiiet. Ya down?
Re: What Internet Subscription Are You Using On PS4 To Play Online Games?? by jmaine: 12:03am On Jan 16, 2016
Kazna69:

I seeee u dia, u sef wan tiff bandwidth? We fit to start vandal crew, shutdown Swift & spectranet, deep hacking shiiet. Ya down?

Lolz . . . .There are tweaks already for those networks courtesy casts . . . .Unfortunately , I can't benefit due to network spread grin.
Re: What Internet Subscription Are You Using On PS4 To Play Online Games?? by Emeka71(m): 12:22am On Jan 16, 2016
I don't use any internet subscription other than cheats.
Re: What Internet Subscription Are You Using On PS4 To Play Online Games?? by Nobody: 12:25am On Jan 16, 2016
jmaine:

Lolz . . . .There are tweaks already for those networks courtesy casts . . . .Unfortunately , I can't benefit due to network spread grin.
Haaa! Ori e wambe!
Re: What Internet Subscription Are You Using On PS4 To Play Online Games?? by jukeblam(m): 7:26am On Jan 16, 2016
Kazna69:

Just to be certain, doesn't Swift have a 14gb 24/7 plan that has unlimited data access from midnight to 6am? That might help curb the "sucking"

One can't use that plan on an account with two devices; I use the regular 14gb plan. To get this unlimited, I'd have to unlink the modems and run separate plans. I no do.

Moreover, I don't see myself waking up 12am-6am daily to use internet...the wahala too much.

They should just introduce a 24/7 unlimited plan for max 10k.
Re: What Internet Subscription Are You Using On PS4 To Play Online Games?? by jukeblam(m): 7:35am On Jan 16, 2016
Kazna69:

Haaa! Ori e wambe!
jmaine:

You guys share the tweaks- I'm all ears!

I burnt through 28gb in 3weeks on Swift- how This was with minimal youtube and fb usage. Too much shadiness in their data deduction. Even the Smile I just got, gulps data like the Swift.

Tried one wifree from some dude on here- total crap!

I need that unlimited, but I won't pay 19,800 for it! Even that Smile plan is over-throttled to less than 1Mbps- as I heard.
Re: What Internet Subscription Are You Using On PS4 To Play Online Games?? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 16, 2016
jukeblam:

You guys share the tweaks- I'm all ears!

I burnt through 28gb in 3weeks on Swift- how This was with minimal youtube and fb usage. Too much shadiness in their data deduction. Even the Smile I just got, gulps data like the Swift.

Tried one wifree from some dude on here- total crap!

I need that unlimited, but I won't pay 19,800 for it! Even that Smile plan is over-throttled to less than 1Mbps- as I heard.
Omo I blow data pass you. YouTube eats data like crazy. Our shiity Internet can't handle it. Always force myself to watch short videos, 5min max or 480p max when my eyes have upgraded to 2k. Guy don't try watching a gaming vid in 4k. Ya eyes will melt.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Can I Download Pes 2016 For Ppsspp? / Play These Android Soccer Games With Any Gamepad/controller / Sony Changes Playstation 3 Ad After Nigerian Government Complains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.