Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,296 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Share Your Kibble Experience And Pics Too! - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Share Your Kibble Experience And Pics Too! (1436 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Kibble Experience And Pics Too! by wstinga(m): 10:29pm On Jan 18, 2015
I once started with a picky eater and tried all sorts of dog food...Canned jojo, canned Rukus, canned pedigree, till i met nutroplan by petsmart. My dog finally settled for that till she got tired of it. Then my journey into dry food started. I fed Arion puppy, she just ate a little and returned back to play. I switched to Dogmor and then to Pedigree for large breeds which she eventually settled for.

*Problem starts when Pedigree goes out of stock, then I have to switch to Arion which she doesnt really like. She loses weight during this period because she eats little and still remains overly active.

I am thinking of trying Miglior Cane Professional or Pedro nut or Diamond which are readily available.

*Has anyone used the above brands and what has been your experience with them with respect to acceptability and weight gain?

*Your comments are highly appreciated
Re: Share Your Kibble Experience And Pics Too! by chucky234(m): 5:06am On Jan 19, 2015
Get Royal Canin, though expensive but that's the best around and your dog(s) will love it.
Stay far away from Pedigree and Diamond, you can also try Josera.
Re: Share Your Kibble Experience And Pics Too! by wstinga(m): 6:48am On Jan 19, 2015
chucky234:
Get Royal Canin, though expensive but that's the best around and your dog(s) will love it.

Royal canin is quite pricey and not readily avail. esp for GSDs.People rather retail its variant for large breeds because they are cheaper and in high demand. Having to be consistent with a brand of kibble that is more than 80percent acceptable with appreciable result to my dog is what I am after. I don't want to switch off and on.
Nutroplan puppy (chicken meat loaf NOT the gravy version) in cans is still the best I have used so far, showing very noticeable weight gain. I supplement with eggs, boiled chicken necks or butt. Ready availability is the problem.

*Have you used Josera?
Re: Share Your Kibble Experience And Pics Too! by chucky234(m): 9:29am On Jan 19, 2015
wstinga:

Royal canin is quite pricey and not readily avail. esp for GSDs.People rather retail its variant for large breeds because they are cheaper and in high demand. Having to be consistent with a brand of kibble that is more than 80percent acceptable with appreciable result to my dog is what I am after. I don't want to switch off and on.
Nutroplan puppy (chicken meat loaf NOT the gravy version) in cans is still the best I have used so far, showing very noticeable weight gain. I supplement with eggs, boiled chicken necks or butt. Ready availability is the problem.

*Have you used Josera?
I am yet to use Josera but a friend of mine recommended it and I have contacted the manufacturer in Germany and they confirm it to be of high quality.
Royal Canin is readily available in Lagos,Abuja,Ibadan and Port Harcourt.
Re: Share Your Kibble Experience And Pics Too! by Apitch(m): 12:18pm On Jan 19, 2015
chucky234:
Reasons for advising against pedigree and Diamond?
Re: Share Your Kibble Experience And Pics Too! by wstinga(m): 3:02pm On Jan 19, 2015
chucky234:
I am yet to use Josera but a friend of mine recommended it and I have contacted the manufacturer in Germany and they confirm it to be of high quality.
Royal Canin is ready available in Lagos,Abuja,Ibadan and Port Harcourt.

Manufacturer will boast of his product na.I am looking for a people tested and trusted product before i dive into Miglior cane professional...trying to avoid a costly mistake.
For a non blue ribbon kibble, royal canine is expensive...the last time i checked, it was 17,500 for the GSD variant.
Re: Share Your Kibble Experience And Pics Too! by chucky234(m): 5:17pm On Jan 19, 2015
Apitch:

Reasons for advising against pedigree and Diamond?
For their many recalls in the US, they only sell in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Help: Worms / Guide On How I Can Import Dogs From Germany / Pedigree Rott Pup,pitbull Pups, Solid Great Dane Pup Available! Head So Massive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.