Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

List Of Things To Teach You Children At An Early Age! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / List Of Things To Teach You Children At An Early Age! (3631 Views)

List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town / My Husband Is Into A Lot Of Things And It Bothers Me! / At What Age Will You Want You Children To Leave Your House Andlive On Their Own? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Things To Teach You Children At An Early Age! by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 19, 2015
It's very easy to put the blame on someone else when your child is been molested but then, you must be responsible- What didn't you do right?

I strongly believe this will put an end or reduce to barest minimum the news we've been hearing Molestation on children.

I ran into it and I feel the need to share it to our Mothers and To- Be Mothers...

HERE ARE SOME PRECAUTIONS TO TAKE:

1: Warn your girl child never to sit on
anyone's laps no matter the situation
including uncles.

2: Avoid getting dressed in front of your child once he/she is 2 years old. Learn to excuse them or yourself.

3. Never allow any adult refer to your child as 'my wife' or 'my husband'

4. Whenever your child goes out to play with friends make sure you look for a way to find out what kind of play they do, because young people now sexually abuse themselves.

5. Never force your child to visit any adult he or she is not comfortable with and also be observant if your child becomes too fond of a particular adult.

6. Once a very lively child suddenly
becomes withdrawn you may need to patiently ask lots of questions from your child.

7. Carefully educate your grown ups (especially pre-teens and teens) about the right values of sex . If you don't, the society will teach them the wrong values.

8: It is always advisable you go through any new Material like cartoons you just bought for them before they start seeing it themselves. Cartoons are now exposing body parts o...

9. Ensure you activate parental controls on your cable networks and advice your friends especially those your child(ren) visit (s) often.

10. Teach your 3 year olds how to wash their private parts properly and warn them never to allow anyone touch those areas and that includes you (remember, charity begins from home and with you).

11: Blacklist some materials/ associates you think could threaten the sanity of your child (this includes music, movies and even friends and families).

12. Let your child(ren) understand the value of standing out of the crowd.

13: Once your child complains about a
particular person, don't keep quiet about it. Take up the case and show them you can defend them.

Remember, we are either parents or parents-to- be."Care for your Child(ren)"

Please, SHARE!

Thank You!

7 Likes 9 Shares

Re: List Of Things To Teach You Children At An Early Age! by alberto2k(m): 8:46am On Jan 19, 2015
Incase
Re: List Of Things To Teach You Children At An Early Age! by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 19, 2015
alberto2k:
Incase
Hmm
Re: List Of Things To Teach You Children At An Early Age! by Craigston: 9:10am On Jan 19, 2015
¤ Afford them a good training in martial arts but teach them it's right use.
¤ Teach them to avoid unprofitable engagements: instead of watching that soap opera, they should go for the enlightening documentaries; instead of playing with toys, they should play chess.
¤ Teach them to love exercise and fitness: there's no excuse; being a girl doesn't exempt anyone. I hate it when I tell my sisters they need exercise and they tell me that they're girls. I don't blame them. The attachment to people with the mentality of getting a good, rich husband is their bane.
¤ Teach them to say the truth.
¤ Teach them to confide in you, not in outsiders.
¤ Teach them to respect without worshiping, to love without losing anything, to give without regretting, to have great ambitions without fantasizing, to use their minds actively instead of being superstitious.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: List Of Things To Teach You Children At An Early Age! by ammyluv2002(f): 9:25am On Jan 19, 2015
14. Teach them how to use these 3 words "Thank you" , " Please" and "Sorry"

15. Teach them never to insult their elders

16. Take them to the village to know their root

17. Teach them how to give /share

@Op, lovely post....I love your write-up. Thanks!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Things To Teach You Children At An Early Age! by alberto2k(m): 9:48am On Jan 19, 2015
emusmith:

Hmm

Oga Emusmith

Y u dey hmm na? sad

Abi Person mess(fart) for ur Thread? grin
Re: List Of Things To Teach You Children At An Early Age! by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 19, 2015
alberto2k:

Oga Emusmith

Y u dey hmm na? sad

Abi Person mess(fart) for ur Thread? grin

grin
Re: List Of Things To Teach You Children At An Early Age! by Nobody: 10:17am On Jan 19, 2015
ammyluv2002:

I love yours too... thanks
Re: List Of Things To Teach You Children At An Early Age! by Ewuro4: 10:18am On Jan 19, 2015
Hmm insightful.. I don't understand the logic behind #1 though.

went to a friend's house and met a male guest (and other guests) there. You wouldn't believe how she scolded her kids right in there in font of the whole crowd , not to sit on this particular guy's lap. I almost turned into a chameleon and disappear coz I was embarrassed for the guy.

I mean . why invite him into your home to start with??
Re: List Of Things To Teach You Children At An Early Age! by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 19, 2015
Ewuro4:
Hmm insightful.. I don't understand the logic behind #1 though.

went to a friend's house and met a male guest (and other guests) there. You wouldn't believe how she scolded her kids right in there in font of the whole crowd , not to sit on this particular guy's lap. I almost turned into a chameleon and disappear coz I was embarrassed for the guy.

I mean . why invite him into your home to start with??

I laugh.. that was extreme though...grin

Wow
Re: List Of Things To Teach You Children At An Early Age! by rezzy: 10:37am On Jan 19, 2015
@emusmith, no 1 is the koko. I remember one uncle, actually thought it was my uncle never knew he was just JW brother that follows my aunt to preach.
Re: List Of Things To Teach You Children At An Early Age! by pocohantas(f): 11:03am On Jan 19, 2015
emusmith:

Wow

Hahaha
Very extreme, but it would teach the guy not to even carry any other female kid in the future.

On why let him into your house in the first place?
Study shows that majority of child molesters are usually family/friends of family.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Things To Teach You Children At An Early Age! by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 19, 2015
rezzy:
@emusmith, no 1 is the koko. I remember one uncle, actually thought it was my uncle never knew he was just JW brother that follows my aunt to preach.

What happened?
Re: List Of Things To Teach You Children At An Early Age! by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 19, 2015
Pocohantas, where have you been? wink
Re: List Of Things To Teach You Children At An Early Age! by pocohantas(f): 11:06am On Jan 19, 2015
emusmith:
Pocohantas, where have you been? wink

I have been around.
Don't wanna get involved in NL's drama.
You know how it is hah? I see you avoid them too ...
Re: List Of Things To Teach You Children At An Early Age! by Nobody: 11:15am On Jan 19, 2015
pocohantas:

I have been around.
Don't wanna get involved in NL's drama.
You know how it is hah? I see you avoid them too ...

Yea yea...you have a lot to offer... No one should keep you away please...wink
Re: List Of Things To Teach You Children At An Early Age! by Nobody: 11:15am On Jan 19, 2015
pocohantas:

Hahaha
Very extreme, but it would teach the guy not to even carry any other female kid in the future.

On why let him into your house in the first place?
Study shows that majority of child molesters are usually family/friends of family.

LoL...he will never...
Re: List Of Things To Teach You Children At An Early Age! by rezzy: 12:00pm On Jan 19, 2015
emusmith:

What happened?

Anytime he comes, I will seat on his lap, he will start fingering me. When I try getting up, he will pin me down on his lap. And it was so pepperish . I refused going close to him when he comes but he will drag me. I couldn't tell my mum until one day she noticed I was struggling to come down from his lap, she just sent me to get water for her and when I came back, she asked me to go and play.

Later that day, she beat me and told me and my other sisters never to go near him or other uncles. I was 8yrs
Re: List Of Things To Teach You Children At An Early Age! by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 19, 2015
rezzy:

Anytime he comes, I will seat on his lap, he will start fingering me. When I try getting up, he will pin me down on his lap. And it was so pepperish . I refused going close to him when he comes but he will drag me. I couldn't tell my mum until one day she noticed I was struggling to come down from his lap, she just sent me to get water for her and when I came back, she asked me to go and play.

Later that day, she beat me and told me and my other sisters never to go near him or other uncles. I was 8yrs

Wow!!!

MODIFIED: Were you actually referring to yourself?
Re: List Of Things To Teach You Children At An Early Age! by rezzy: 1:20pm On Jan 19, 2015
emusmith:

Wow!!!

MODIFIED: Were you actually referring to yourself?

Yes, I'm talking about myself

Manipulation ke, it's f1ngering I wrote
Re: List Of Things To Teach You Children At An Early Age! by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 19, 2015
rezzy:

Yes, I'm talking about myself

Manipulation ke, it's f1ngering I wrote

How old were you then? Hope you told your parents?

1 Like

Re: List Of Things To Teach You Children At An Early Age! by rezzy: 2:20pm On Jan 19, 2015
emusmith:

How old were you then? Hope you told your parents?

I was 8. For my mum to send me out that means she noticed what the man was doing. Though, she didn't ask me anything so I didn't tell her either. But I guess she knew.
Re: List Of Things To Teach You Children At An Early Age! by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jan 19, 2015
rezzy:

I was 8. For my mum to send me out that means she noticed what the man was doing. Though, she didn't ask me anything so I didn't tell her either. But I guess she knew.

Wow! I'm short of words... Wow!

2 Likes

Re: List Of Things To Teach You Children At An Early Age! by butanep(m): 5:04pm On Jan 19, 2015
ammyluv2002:

I love this post... Most parents are guilty of these... I can tell you that 60% of youth don't know their village & have not even been there... Our parents make us believe that all the villagers are witches & wizard and that is pure fallacy.. God help we upcoming fathers...

1 Like

Re: List Of Things To Teach You Children At An Early Age! by ammyluv2002(f): 5:46pm On Jan 19, 2015
butanep:
I love this post... Most parents are guilty of these... I can tell you that 60% of youth don't know their village & have not even been there... Our parents make us believe that all the villagers are witches & wizard and that is pure fallacy.. God help we upcoming fathers...
Amen grin
Re: List Of Things To Teach You Children At An Early Age! by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 19, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Amen grin

Amen!
Re: List Of Things To Teach You Children At An Early Age! by Craigston: 6:11pm On Jan 19, 2015
emusmith:

Amen!
AMEN. Speaking the language is a trouble for me, though I understand it.
Re: List Of Things To Teach You Children At An Early Age! by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 19, 2015
Nice one.

*let them know they are beautiful/handsome just the way they are. No human should make them feel less.

*To stand up for themselves...say no to bullies.

*Teach them to love written words i.e Reading.

*To let go of grudges and disappointments.

They are so many...we can't list them all finally. smiley

2 Likes

Re: List Of Things To Teach You Children At An Early Age! by Vyolet(f): 6:16pm On Jan 19, 2015
Beautiful piece..
The girl child needs more protection especially in today's society.

1 Like

Re: List Of Things To Teach You Children At An Early Age! by ammyluv2002(f): 8:09pm On Jan 19, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
Nice one.

*let them know they are beautiful/handsome just the way they are. No human should make them feel less.

*To stand up for themselves...say no to bullies.

*Teach them to love written words i.e Reading.

*To let go of grudges and disappointments.

They are so many...we can't list them all finally. smiley
Nice one too especially the first point

1 Like

Re: List Of Things To Teach You Children At An Early Age! by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 19, 2015
I no say u no dey here word emu. If u dey sleep in the midle of d night & person dey nock ur door na me. if u dey eat hungry man size indomie & u no dey bellefu na me. If u put ur phone on ur tv set & u fine am inside kitchen na me. if u dey hurry go work & u put ur shoes in a secured place & suddenly u find one leg some far away ma me o. if ur laptop dey off & on suddenly na me o. Make u no ask me waitin u do me shei be u know na.
Re: List Of Things To Teach You Children At An Early Age! by Ewuro4: 9:41pm On Jan 19, 2015
emusmith:

Wow

You have no idea undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Change My Husband? / Why Do Married Men Sexually Impress And Satify Their Mistress Than Their Wife / A Husband Took These Photos Of His Wife And Captured Love And Loss Beautifully

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 181
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.