Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,828 members, 7,813,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

Anybody With Agric-produce Exporting Experience In The House? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Anybody With Agric-produce Exporting Experience In The House? (3224 Views)

Nigeria Will Start Exporting Yams To Europe In June 2017 – Agric Minister, Ogbeh / FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria / My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anybody With Agric-produce Exporting Experience In The House? by Nobody: 9:32am On Jan 19, 2015
Pls i am looking for anyone with food exporting experience or anybody that buys agricultural produce here to export abroad, jst want to clarify some things......thanks in anticipation........ chikezierussell@yahoo.com
Re: Anybody With Agric-produce Exporting Experience In The House? by jeffmyson(m): 1:19pm On Jan 19, 2015
Hello,

I do have more than 3 years experience exporting commodities!

What do you want to know? I suggest you ask your questions on this forum and you will get your genuine answers.

Don't try to hide anything or ask for private discuss as you can receive the wrong answers and get your fingers burnt!

Expecting your questions here!

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Anybody With Agric-produce Exporting Experience In The House? by NosoChic: 2:48pm On Jan 19, 2015
jeffmyson:
Hello,

I do have more than 3 years experience exporting commodities!

What do you want to know? I suggest you ask your questions on this forum and you will get your genuine answers.

Don't try to hide anything or ask for private discuss as you can receive the wrong answers and get your fingers burnt!

Expecting your questions here!

Thanks

Thank you for your time.

What steps does one need to take for a small business looking to export food items such as crayfish?

I am also willing to learn from any established business.
Re: Anybody With Agric-produce Exporting Experience In The House? by jeffmyson(m): 3:46pm On Jan 19, 2015
NosoChic:

Thank you for your time.

What steps does one need to take for a small business looking to export food items such as crayfish?

I am also willing to learn from any established business.

Perfect!

First you need to answer some questions regarding your potential exports, these questions are serious and you need to be able to convince yourself that the risk can be mitigated.

1. What is the market you are exporting, its size and potentials.
2. Will the market be sustainable in the long term to keep you in business.
3. Do you have a customer already? If not have you started marketing to ge a customer?
4. What is the agreed payment term with your clients? An LC is usually the most preferable but most buyers won't offer this especially to a newbie exporter. You have to consider this carefully?
5. What is the specifications of the product you are the exporting and are they acceptable international standards
6. What are the Food safety requirements of the importing country and does your products meet those requirements. For example you can't export groundnuts to the U.K if the groundnuts does not meet aflatoxin level of 4PPB for food consumption or 20PPB for animal food. So you have to be careful and consider the regulations prior to doing so as the E.U market takes them seriously.
7. You have to register with NEPC prior to exporting!

6 Likes

Re: Anybody With Agric-produce Exporting Experience In The House? by NosoChic: 10:24pm On Jan 19, 2015
@jeffmydon do you already have a business in this line. Can I understudy your company for sometime pleas
Re: Anybody With Agric-produce Exporting Experience In The House? by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 20, 2015
jeffmyson:

Perfect!

First you need to answer some questions regarding your potential exports, these questions are serious and you need to be able to convince yourself that the risk can be mitigated.

3. Do you have a customer already? If not have you started marketing to ge a customer?
4. What is the agreed payment term with your clients? An LC is usually the most preferable but most buyers won't offer this especially to a newbie exporter. You have to consider this carefully?
5. What is the specifications of the product you are the exporting and are they acceptable international standards
6. What are the Food safety requirements of the importing country and does your products meet those requirements. For example you can't export groundnuts to the U.K if the groundnuts does not meet aflatoxin level of 4PPB for food consumption or 20PPB for animal food. So you have to be careful and consider the regulations prior to doing so as the E.U market takes them seriously.
Thank you very much for this info. Actually, i am a novice when it comes to exportation. I am looking for someone who is already in the business to merge with for now in order to gain experience. My interest is in garri. @jeffmyson, is this a good idea or not. What will be ur advice for me in starting such.. Thanks in anticipation. God bless

1 Like

Re: Anybody With Agric-produce Exporting Experience In The House? by halaot(m): 6:58am On Feb 11, 2015
I'm also highly interested to start the export business, can u kindly reach me in my email ask4othman@yahoo.com pls because I need yr to learn from yr practical experience and if possible to be with u for sometime pls. @jeffmyson
Re: Anybody With Agric-produce Exporting Experience In The House? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Feb 11, 2015
Keenly following
Re: Anybody With Agric-produce Exporting Experience In The House? by AreaFada2: 4:12pm On Feb 11, 2015
following
Re: Anybody With Agric-produce Exporting Experience In The House? by justayo: 1:29am On Feb 12, 2015
following too

1 Like

Re: Anybody With Agric-produce Exporting Experience In The House? by adedam007(m): 8:27am On Feb 12, 2015
Following
Re: Anybody With Agric-produce Exporting Experience In The House? by OLOLYVE(m): 8:28am On Feb 13, 2015
jeffmyson:

Perfect!

If I may ask,what agri-products do you export?
Re: Anybody With Agric-produce Exporting Experience In The House? by jeffmyson(m): 1:49pm On Feb 14, 2015
Russell145:
Thank you very much for this info. Actually, i am a novice when it comes to exportation. I am looking for someone who is already in the business to merge with for now in order to gain experience. My interest is in garri. @jeffmyson, is this a good idea or not. What will be ur advice for me in starting such.. Thanks in anticipation. God bless

Garri can be exported, however these are products that target ethic markets( Nigerians/ west Africans living in Europe and Americas/ Asia) and so the customer base might be limited. Research your idea properly and see the market potential before jumping in. I know for sure that Garri contains Cyanide and there is an acceptable limit permitted.

Cheers!!

1 Like

Re: Anybody With Agric-produce Exporting Experience In The House? by jeffmyson(m): 1:50pm On Feb 14, 2015
OLOLYVE:

If I may ask,what agri-products do you export?

I do peanuts, sesame, cashew nut! Also ventures into solid minerals.

Cheers!
Re: Anybody With Agric-produce Exporting Experience In The House? by jeffmyson(m): 1:52pm On Feb 14, 2015
NosoChic:
@jeffmydon do you already have a business in this line. Can I understudy your company for sometime pleas

Yes I do! Understudy how ma?
Re: Anybody With Agric-produce Exporting Experience In The House? by saliubello(m): 10:53pm On Feb 26, 2015
jeffmyson:

I do peanuts, sesame, cashew nut! Also ventures into solid minerals.

Cheers!

Since you've been in the trade, can you take your time to spell it out step by step guide to exporting commodities. If you share pitfalls, loopholes and areas of concerns to look out for.
Re: Anybody With Agric-produce Exporting Experience In The House? by onyenro(m): 1:13pm On Mar 11, 2015
I am following. Pls What's the minimum capital, What's the cost of registration with NEPC? emekaonyenro@gmail.com
Re: Anybody With Agric-produce Exporting Experience In The House? by mamamama2(f): 8:19am On Nov 10, 2015
jeffmyson:

@I do peanuts, sesame, cashew nut! Also ventures into solid minerals.

Cheers!
Re: Anybody With Agric-produce Exporting Experience In The House? by mamamama2(f): 8:23am On Nov 10, 2015
@ op, please come back, we need your wealth of experience, here
Re: Anybody With Agric-produce Exporting Experience In The House? by mikolo80: 12:19pm On Nov 10, 2015
jeffmyson:

Garri can be exported, however these are products that target ethic markets( Nigerians/ west Africans living in Europe and Americas/ Asia) and so the customer base might be limited. Research your idea properly and see the market potential before jumping in. I know for sure that Garri contains Cyanide and there is an acceptable limit permitted.

Cheers!!
what would it cost to export say a barrel of foodstuff from Nigeria to the us mostly for private consumption and do you know any shippers that would handle such a small quantity
Re: Anybody With Agric-produce Exporting Experience In The House? by bhadico1(m): 12:55pm On Nov 10, 2015
Multi wall paper sack almost like the cement type but nt necessarily of that quality...pls text 08051114614..if u have anything like that

Re: Anybody With Agric-produce Exporting Experience In The House? by EXPORTFINANCE: 2:14pm On Feb 13, 2016
funding available for charcoal export only...08077881934

(1) (Reply)

Mini Tractor; Pros, Cons And Price / Cashew Seedlings And Useful Information For Cashew Farmers / Palm Kernel Oil Production Using Steam Energy As Source Of Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.