Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,791 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

About To Die: Help On My Stock Shares - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / About To Die: Help On My Stock Shares (1355 Views)

Help! Broker Refuses To Transfer My Stock / My Stock Broker Sold My Shares And Spent The Money / Changing My Stock Broker? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

About To Die: Help On My Stock Shares by gametalk: 1:45pm On Jan 19, 2015
Hello Friends,
I bought some shares of Dangote Sugar Back in 2006.
Only had the money the and a cashier at bank told me to buy the Dangote shares back then 2006.
Ever since then, I just kept my shares certificate with me.
1. How will i earn from this Shares?
2. As at this time, is it worth selling or should i still keep it.
3. I need your help... I'm just a complete newbie.

Pls Help.. I need advice.
Re: About To Die: Help On My Stock Shares by Gbengazzee(m): 6:02pm On Jan 19, 2015
1. The three ways to earn from shares are - Bonus issue, dividends and capital appreciation. When you owned a company share you are entitled to Bonus issue and Dividends payout, if you hold the shares through the qualifying date. For you to have the share certificate with you, it means you bought the shares from primary market. Since 2006, you should be receiving the bonus issue and dividends at par with the shares of the company you own. This would be delivered to you through the mailing address you provided when filling the IPO form.

2. As at 19 Jan 2015, Dangote Sugar closes at 5.28. Now compare the price to the price at which you bought in 2006. I think the price should be down from when you bought it. I will advice you keep, if you dont need the cash now. Secondly, you will have to open an account with a stock broking firm, that will facilitate the conversion of your share certificate to electronic format, to enable you sell it off at the secondary market, if the need arise.

There is a thread that deals on stock market issues. This is the link https://www.nairaland.com/1131485/nigerian-stock-exchange-market-pick
You can visit the thread and ask for help.

2 Likes

Re: About To Die: Help On My Stock Shares by gametalk: 1:03pm On Feb 01, 2015
Thanks Gbengazzee, I only recieved 3-4 Dividends back in 2007. Ever since then, nothing.
Quite unfortunate shares has really fallen. I will check up with the thread link.
In addition, where can i get a reliable brooker firm.
Re: About To Die: Help On My Stock Shares by zap2(m): 8:31pm On Feb 02, 2015
Dangote sugar as at 2 feb 2015 close at N7.51. U can visit this link http://www.nse.com.ng/investing/becoming-an-investor/getting-started
Go through this list and choose a dealer you are comfortable with http://www.nse.com.ng/dealing-members/find-a-dealing-member/dealing-member-directory.
cheers
Re: About To Die: Help On My Stock Shares by Nobody: 11:47pm On Feb 02, 2015
gametalk:
Hello Friends,
I bought some shares of Dangote Sugar Back in 2006.
Only had the money the and a cashier at bank told me to buy the Dangote shares back then 2006.
Ever since then, I just kept my shares certificate with me.
1. How will i earn from this Shares?
2. As at this time, is it worth selling or should i still keep it.
3. I need your help... I'm just a complete newbie.

Pls Help.. I need advice.

Dangote shares is crashing drastically.
If you are gonna recuperate atleast 90percent of your investment, please sell off.
If not, keep it on hold.
How many units of shares and whats the worth?
Re: About To Die: Help On My Stock Shares by gametalk: 11:47pm On Feb 04, 2015
icebeatz:

Dangote shares is crashing drastically.
If you are gonna recuperate atleast 90percent of your investment, please sell off.
If not, keep it on hold.
How many units of shares and whats the worth?

500 Units

(1) (Reply)

Make 40k In One Week. Very Simple / Breaking News MMM Postpone Tomorrow Resumption Date.......... / Factors Affecting Investment In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.