Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,437 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men (6378 Views)

Ubi Franklin: The Scariest Day Of My Life Was The Day I Proposed To Lilian Esoro / 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men / Meet The Famous Women We Love In Nigeria But Lost Through Death In 2014 (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by vicostyle200: 2:20pm On Jan 19, 2015
In celebration of women who take their relationships into their own hands, The Huffington Post puts the spotlight on 8 famous women who proposed to their men.
In theory, there is no stigma against women proposing to their men. However, the trend is yet to catch on in Nigeria, as ladies still wait for that old-fashioned get-on-one-knee proposal.

Only a handful of women have been bold and courageous enough to take the lead and pop the question.
In celebration of women who take their relationships into their own hands, The Huffington Post puts the spotlight on 8 famous women who proposed to their men:

1: Judge Judy: Asking the question is a man's job? Let Judy Sheindlin be the judge of that! Television's favorite courtroom personality popped the question to her second husband, Jerry Sheindlin, in 1978. In an interview with DuJour, Judy says, "[H]e tried to weasel out of it... I told him to pick a date. He picked Flag Day."

2: Zsa Zsa Gabor: The socialite and actress claimed to have proposed to all nine of her husbands. She started her run early, proposing to her first husband, a Turkish diplomat, when she was only 15. Much later in life, she told her biographer, "I pay all my own bills... I want to choose the man. I do not permit men to choose me."

3: Queen Victoria: The Queen proposed to her cousin, Prince Albert, in 1839. In her diary, she describes how she invited him to her room, where she popped the question. Of that day, she wrote, "I really felt it was the happiest brightest moment in my life."

4: Diane Von Furstenberg: In an interview published in O Magazine in December 2014, Furstenberg told Oprah that she proposed to her current husband, Barry Diller. On his birthday, she called him and said, 'You know, if you want, for your birthday, I'll marry you." The happy couple wed a week later, and have spent 13 happy years together.

5: Elizabeth Taylor: Elizabeth Taylor, who was married a total of eight times to seven husbands, took it upon herself to propose to her second husband, British actor Michael Wilding. According to the Guardian, the two were married in a London registry office in 1952, and had two children before their eventual divorce. Taylor later described the marriage as a calm one: "We had a lovely, easy life, very simple, very quiet."

6: Pink: You wouldn't expect less from pop's most badass chick. According to People Magazine, Pink proposed to her hubby, motocross champion Carey Hart, back in June 2005 -- while he was mid-race! As Hart began his third lap, Pink showed him a sign that read, "Will You Marry Me?" She followed up with a "I'm Serious" sign. Needless to say, he took her seriously and the two tied the knot the following year.

7: Kristen Bell: Kristen Bell proposed to hubby Dax Shepard on Twitter as soon as the Defense Of Marriage Act was struck down in 2013. The couple, who welcomed their first child earlier that year, had decided to hold off on tying the knot until their gay and lesbian friends could do so too.

8: Jennifer Hudson: Boyfriend David Otunga popped the question first, on Hudson's birthday in 2009. So Hudson surprised him on his birthday five months later by proposing right back! She presented him with a one-of-a-kind five-carat engagement ring. The two remain engaged, and have a child, David Jr.

http://naijafussion..com
Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:30pm On Jan 19, 2015
Dis thread dey smell FP FP, so makai just acquire sit because future fit get reference..

As a mata of fakt, I am keenly & patiently waiting 4d day a lady will walk up 2me wit a ring & ask me, BeeBeeOoh will you marry or marry me BeeBeeOoh. She'll come 2my father's house & pay my groom price, she go be d 1 spending all d spending. And I'll be d 1 sharing invitation cards 2my guys, choose my chief groom's maid, planning on which of my guy who's gonna be on my groomal's train, invites a lot of my guys, showing my dancing skill in d wedding hall dat day & smiling sheepishly because I didn't spend or borrow a dime 4d ceremony.. Kai! Women I hail o, una 2 much..

Just keenly & patiently waiting 4dat day, no even doubt me becos bible talk am..

2 Likes

Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 2:33pm On Jan 19, 2015
Wonderful
Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by dre11(m): 2:36pm On Jan 19, 2015
These women dont want to suffer in silence
Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by ramdris(m): 2:46pm On Jan 19, 2015
My wife did d same na. y her name no dey?

1 Like

Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by Chanchit: 2:50pm On Jan 19, 2015
Na so I dream say that Buhari daughter dey propose to me, as I wan say 'yEs' na hin my mama wake me. Twas very painful.

Meanwhile, iphone 7&1/2 dey for sale Ooº°˚˚°ºoo, na 3sim e dey use+ the charger @N13,000. I steal am from my oga, he say we dey park go Otue**.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by dstnd: 3:10pm On Jan 19, 2015
If this topic enter FP ...naija gals. Go start deh propose
Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by Ploy(m): 3:18pm On Jan 19, 2015
What of Mama Peace sabi then say she propose give oga Jona?
Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by cheddahboy(m): 3:27pm On Jan 19, 2015
one thing about all these ladies is that they are rich, which man on earth will reject the proposal of a rich girlfriend...let not this broke naija girls try this, unless otherwise.
Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 19, 2015
Somebody should tell me the remaining list of 11 presidential candidates. This GEJ/GMB thing is getting out of hand.
Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by icebebe(f): 5:37pm On Jan 19, 2015
Well I did too grin grin buh he said NO!
Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jan 19, 2015
ok
Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by GraceEzeh(f): 5:41pm On Jan 19, 2015
Chanchit:
Na so I dream say that Buhari daughter dey propose to me, as I wan say 'yEs' na hin my mama wake me. Twas very painful.
Symptom of malaria
Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by legallyblonde(f): 5:56pm On Jan 19, 2015
make i spread my mat first..
Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by lilmax(m): 6:24pm On Jan 19, 2015
But most nigerian girls will tell you they cant propose why? PRIDE.....if i hear anything like equality
Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by vicostyle200: 6:25pm On Jan 19, 2015
LOL!!!
Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by ifex370(m): 6:29pm On Jan 19, 2015
Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 19, 2015
hmmmmm wonderful!!!

but here in nigeria our culture does not support that. it is a taboo.

You can only send green light
Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 19, 2015
legallyblonde:
make i spread my mat first..
Abeg create small space for me abeg make I follow you relax here.

Friedplantain
Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by twerkjack: 7:02pm On Jan 19, 2015
OH PLEASE TO HELL WITH MARRIAGE
Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 19, 2015
twerkjack:
AYFS??
Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by tdayof(m): 7:08pm On Jan 19, 2015
twerkjack:
why?
Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by GovWahala: 7:18pm On Jan 19, 2015
dorlapoh20:
hmmmmm wonderful!!!

but here in nigeria our culture does not support that. it is a taboo.

You can only send green light
Which culture pls?

1 Like

Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by Krak(m): 7:28pm On Jan 19, 2015
You forgot to add Hilary Clinton.
Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by vicostyle200: 7:30pm On Jan 19, 2015
The list is endless........
Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 19, 2015
GovWahala:

Which culture pls?
yoruba
Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by biggerboyc(m): 9:52pm On Jan 19, 2015
Nigerian women no fit ever dey there, they too arrogant, even if u toast then they go still dey pretend. oyinbo people jasi Jor. that's why they are always ahead

1 Like

Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by alberto2k(m): 9:59pm On Jan 19, 2015
icebebe:
Well I did too grin grin buh he said NO!

Really?lipsrsealed
Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 19, 2015
I even thought i would see a Nigerian woman sef undecided ...

cool Awaits girls to toast me n propose grin
Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by ademiD(f): 10:15pm On Jan 19, 2015
no be for naija sha o.....
Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by Emmanuel247(m): 10:52pm On Jan 19, 2015
Are they famous??

I haven't heard of them here in Ekiti state.
Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by tzoracle: 12:45am On Jan 20, 2015
If nigeria girl propose to you

Omo,check her birth certificate

(1) (2) (Reply)

“I Cannot Marry Flavour Even If He Proposes” – Chidinma / Jim Iyke, We Don't Want To See Your Butt (photos +18) / Media Personality Denola Grey In Gay S3t Tape Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.