Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,548 members, 7,958,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:43 PM

Enough Is Enough:nigerians Are Tired Of Unsolicited Adverts From Telecoms - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Enough Is Enough:nigerians Are Tired Of Unsolicited Adverts From Telecoms (553 Views)

NCC Releases Short Codes To Stop Unsolicited SMS / How To Stop Unsolicited Messages From Mtn,airtel,glo, Others / How To Opt Out Of Unsolicited MTN SMS And Adds Yourself. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enough Is Enough:nigerians Are Tired Of Unsolicited Adverts From Telecoms by lolaxavier(m): 2:42pm On Jan 19, 2015
The National Union of Posts and Telecommunication Employees (NUPTE) has criticized the constant unsolicited adverts on cell phones being posted by telecom providers in the country.

President of the union, Mr Sunday Alhassan, speaking with journalists on Sunday, January 18, said the unsolicited adverts, drop-in-calls and others charges had become very worrisome, adding that there had been a lot of complaints from different quarters on how unnecessary charges had been deducted for calls or unsubscribed ring tones.

” What we are condemning is the text you get saying that your subscription has been renewed automatically when you never subscribe to such a product.

“Then the text is telling you, if you intend to unsubscribe key into some numbers and as soon as you key into those numbers they will tell you that it is an error. We believed that this is a fraud on the part of the telecom providers.”

“We have also discovered that a lot of calls drop or fail while making them and till date none of the providers has given us any explanation. As a union we seriously condemn these acts,” he said.

Alhassan said that the union had complained to the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), the regulatory body of the telecommunication operators, on the matter and that the commission had assured the union that something would be done about the issue.

“We are not taking on the operators specifically because some of these operators are yet to allow their workers to belong to the union,” he said.

- See more at: http://bizwatchnigeria.ng/enough-is-enoughnigerians-are-tired-of-unsolicited-adverts-from-telecommunication-companies/#sthash.fEmIkkIA.dpuf
Re: Enough Is Enough:nigerians Are Tired Of Unsolicited Adverts From Telecoms by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 19, 2015
E tire me o.
When i load creadit i see vote buhari for change.

If i ever vote buhari make i kpaii!
Re: Enough Is Enough:nigerians Are Tired Of Unsolicited Adverts From Telecoms by lolaxavier(m): 3:03pm On Jan 19, 2015
stardragon:
E tire me o.
When i load creadit i see vote buhari for change.

If i ever vote buhari make i kpaii!

Na only dat one u don see...
Re: Enough Is Enough:nigerians Are Tired Of Unsolicited Adverts From Telecoms by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jan 19, 2015
lolaxavier:

Na only dat one u don see...
Na dat one pain me pass

1 Like

Re: Enough Is Enough:nigerians Are Tired Of Unsolicited Adverts From Telecoms by onajo2000(m): 7:35pm On Jan 19, 2015
Something needs to be done
Re: Enough Is Enough:nigerians Are Tired Of Unsolicited Adverts From Telecoms by aliyug79: 2:34am On Jan 20, 2015
BUY MTN DATA SHARED @ CHEAPER RATE:
1GB...1300 NAIRA
2GB...2400 NAIRA
3GB ...3600 NAIRA.
Call 08053635768 & 08143285527.
thankz.

(1) (Reply)

All You Need To Know About Android 5.1 Lollipop / Apple To Shut Down In The Next 15 Years / What You Need About The Incoming Android M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.