Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,293 members, 7,815,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Please Advice: Want To Change From Civil Engineering To Chemical Engineering - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Advice: Want To Change From Civil Engineering To Chemical Engineering (1229 Views)

(PHOTOS) UK University Awards First Class Degree In Civil Engineering To Nigeria / UNIOSUN Lecturer Sex Scandal: "Nothing Is Going To Change My Love For You" -Wife / Project Topics And Materials In Chemical Engineering And Chemistry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice: Want To Change From Civil Engineering To Chemical Engineering by Newtronz(m): 2:51pm On Jan 19, 2015
greetings everyone!
This is my very first post since i've been following this great forum and it is of up most importance to me, so I'll be needing your candid advice. From my past months as a guest I discovered that Nairalanders are allergic to long write ups so I'll be brief as possible.
I'm 18 years of age and have just been admitted into one of the leading federal university to study civil engineering. I had always been interested in Everything Engineering, and after presenting my options I was kind of coerced by my relatives into filling civil engineering during JAMB and I had no reason rejecting it, not because I don't know what I want but because I believe civil engineering in It self is a great course! But right now I'm contemplating making a switch to chemical engineering after my first year. truth is i'm really confused at the moment so i want advice from experienced minds here on what to do, should I continue with civil eng'g? Is it even possible to switch from civil to chemical engineering?? if yes, what requirements must I meet to attain this I desperately need answers to this questions so I can plan and also have a focus as I start school and not to make a decision I'll later regret.
Thanks.
Re: Please Advice: Want To Change From Civil Engineering To Chemical Engineering by Chanchit: 2:56pm On Jan 19, 2015
Start drinking chemicals. #word!
Re: Please Advice: Want To Change From Civil Engineering To Chemical Engineering by TrustGod01: 3:32pm On Jan 19, 2015
Newtronz:
greetings everyone!
This is my very first post since i've been following this great forum and it is of up most importance to me, so I'll be needing your candid advice. From my past months as a guest I discovered that Nairalanders are allergic to long write ups so I'll be brief as possible.
I'm 18 years of age and have just been admitted into one of the leading federal university to study civil engineering. I had always been interested in Everything Engineering, and after presenting my options I was kind of coerced by my relatives into filling civil engineering during JAMB and I had no reason rejecting it, not because I don't know what I want but because I believe civil engineering in It self is a great course! But right now I'm contemplating making a switch to chemical engineering after my first year. truth is i'm really confused at the moment so i want advice from experienced minds here on what to do, should I continue with civil eng'g? Is it even possible to switch from civil to chemical engineering?? if yes, what requirements must I meet to attain this I desperately need answers to this questions so I can plan and also have a focus as I start school and not to make a decision I'll later regret.
Thanks.

I would advice you to speak with your HOD or lectures in your department who you think you are close with to give you more advice, or better still meet some of the student in their final year for advice. Lastly pray about it and follow your mind. God will help you to choose the right decision.
Re: Please Advice: Want To Change From Civil Engineering To Chemical Engineering by Newtronz(m): 8:36pm On Jan 21, 2015
TrustGod01:

I would advice you to speak with your HOD or lectures in your department who you think you are close with to give you more advice, or better still meet some of the student in their final year for advice. Lastly pray about it and follow your mind. God will help you to choose the right decision.
thanks bro ..I really do appreciate ur contribution

(1) (Reply)

Mathematics Chatroom: Drop Mathematics Equations And Lets Solve / Is It Possible To Write Two Post Utme Exams? / Project Topics And Materials In Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.