Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,382 members, 7,822,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Emotional Infidelity: A Threat To Marriages - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Emotional Infidelity: A Threat To Marriages (1282 Views)

Man Batters Wife For Not Swearing To Juju Over Infidelity (Photos) / Man And His Wife Fight Each Other In Public Over Infidelity Accusation. See Pics / Pregnant Woman Sets Herself On Fire Over Husband's Infidelity (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emotional Infidelity: A Threat To Marriages by ayandee: 5:35pm On Jan 19, 2015
There is a dangerous virus quietly eating up marriages today. It is called emotional infidelity. It is worse than sexual infidelity because a straying spouse may be having an affair without even knowing it. The ubiquitous nature of online social networking via bbm, watsapp, instagram, facebook, provides a safe meeting point and helps nurture such affairs.

A woman narrated her experience sometime ago. Her husband of seven years had become so aloof that he was no longer interested in sex. At first, she thought it was the pressure of work but later discovered that he had been involved in excessive chatting and texting with a particular female colleague. She was heartbroken even though there was nothing to show that they had been sexually involved.

The straying spouse lives in denial and under the misconception that infidelity only occurs where there is a sexual relationship. Most emotional affairs occur at work places especially where the work environment is less than perfect. It is soothing to have a work friend with whom one discusses the day to day frustrations. However, it is potentially dangerous if you find yourself discussing your marital problems with an attractive work friend of the opposite sex.

If you find yourself spending more time texting and chatting with this work friend even after office hours or you find yourself dressing up for him or her, looking forward to seeing him each day, you may be having an emotional affair.

Emotional infidelity drains you of the energy, time and resources that you should have channelled into your marriage to make it great.

Here are a few tips for preventing an emotional affair. It is best to nip it in the bud before it rears its head.

1.Be open about your marital status. Don't hesitate to drop hints whenever necessary in conversations simply to pass the message that you are "unavailable". You could have a small photograph of your spouse or kids on your desk if your office policy permits. You may also display family pictures on your social media pages.

2.Avoid discussing your marital problems with an attractive work friend of the opposite sex.

3.Shun all online social media activities once you are home. Spend quality time with your spouse. Be home both physically and emotionally.

For more interesting articles, stories and reviews visit www.bookconvo.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emotional Infidelity: A Threat To Marriages by Adaezeagu(f): 5:41pm On Jan 19, 2015
G
Re: Emotional Infidelity: A Threat To Marriages by crackhaus: 5:49pm On Jan 19, 2015
ayandee:

3. Shun all online social media activities once you are home. Spend quality time with your spouse. Be home both physically and emotionally.
Interesting...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emotional Infidelity: A Threat To Marriages by lilmax(m): 6:51pm On Jan 19, 2015
ayandee:

2.Avoid discussing your marital problems with an attractive work friend of the opposite sex.
smh, free invitation
Re: Emotional Infidelity: A Threat To Marriages by KanwuliaJara: 9:12pm On Jan 19, 2015
Social media na fantasy world for juveniles only! kiss

1 Like

Re: Emotional Infidelity: A Threat To Marriages by deuce7(m): 10:16pm On Jan 19, 2015
It's a very deadly trend
Re: Emotional Infidelity: A Threat To Marriages by Nobody: 4:40am On Jan 20, 2015
Re: Emotional Infidelity: A Threat To Marriages by dmjinc(m): 7:47am On Jan 20, 2015
Re: Emotional Infidelity: A Threat To Marriages by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 20, 2015
Wonderful article. .. learnt something smiley

1 Like

Re: Emotional Infidelity: A Threat To Marriages by ayandee: 11:24am On Jan 20, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Wonderful article. .. learnt something smiley
I'm glad you learnt something.
Re: Emotional Infidelity: A Threat To Marriages by 5minsmadness: 11:37am On Jan 20, 2015
Ayandee:
2. Avoid discussing your marital problems with an attractive work friend of the opposite sex

So, like, can I discuss my marital problems with an unattractive work friend? cheesy
Re: Emotional Infidelity: A Threat To Marriages by ayandee: 11:46am On Jan 20, 2015
5minsmadness:

So, like, can I discuss my marital problems with an unattractive work friend? cheesy
see question grin. From experience, it is best to keep your marital problems out of the work place. There are other avenues you can explore if you want a solution to your problems. You can start by talking with your spouse. Most problems are better solved between you.

1 Like

Re: Emotional Infidelity: A Threat To Marriages by KBARBIE(f): 11:51am On Jan 20, 2015
[quote author=crackhaus post=29938429]

I pray...
Re: Emotional Infidelity: A Threat To Marriages by Nutase: 1:18pm On Jan 20, 2015
forgive me father for i have sinned, my last confession was.....walahi i don forget
Re: Emotional Infidelity: A Threat To Marriages by imurboss: 3:10pm On Jan 20, 2015
Wonderful thread with great advices.kudos

(1) (Reply)

Is It Wrong To Fart Before Your Partner/spouse? / Mother's Responsibility / 8 Things Nigerian Parents Would Beat Their Children For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.