Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

The Rich Poor Man - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Rich Poor Man (727 Views)

Convo Btw A Billionaire And A Poor Man / The Rich & The Poor & Their Reading Habits- Dr Phil Osagie / The Rich Poor Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Rich Poor Man by Allakori: 9:40am On Jan 20, 2015
It all started when I was in ss1. I can remember vividly I was with my friend bukky, she was my girlfriend then, thou I really don’t know what relationship was about then. I knew I liked this girl and we talk about so many things together. On this very day our conversation was different, we talked about the future, she asked me what I want to be in the future. Thou my family was an average family and my Father tried is best to make us comfortable in the best way he can. I told her I wanted to be rich like that has always been on my mind and she smiled, I made that statement not knowing the full weight of it, every one wants to be rich and I just gave a reply any man would give when asked what he wants from the future

The problem with that answer Is that it lacks vision , every individual can decide to be rich, it takes steps to achieve wealth and this steps begins with your determination and doggedness , after my secondary school my dad asked what I wanted to do and I told him I wanted to be a mechanical engineer ,hence the pursuit of admission to the university, wrote jamb three times before finally getting admitted in diploma to study Human kinetics and health education at the university of lagos,
Re: The Rich Poor Man by Allakori: 9:48am On Jan 20, 2015
At first I didn’t take the course seriously moreover I wasn’t planning to study the course.

Took jamb again when I was in my first year of diploma making it the fourth time I would be taking the exam, things where so bleak and it was as if my dream of becoming rich has been defeated, I fail to see the real meaning of wealth, all I was thinking was that wealth was attached to a particular discipline, I was thinking that only doctors, lawyers and engineers would be rich. I felt defeated and my parents didn’t help matters too, my father would ask me to change the course my mother wasn’t sure either and I was confused the more. With determination and conviction I decided to continue with my diploma and I was able to get into the degree program
Re: The Rich Poor Man by Hawlahscho(m): 10:14am On Jan 20, 2015
Continue. I Don come.

But your username na laugh o. grin
Re: The Rich Poor Man by Allakori: 10:31am On Jan 20, 2015
Hawlahscho:
Continue. I Don come.

But your username na laugh o. grin
na that kain name wey dae touch the heart
Re: The Rich Poor Man by Allakori: 10:39am On Jan 20, 2015
The beginning of the hustle
When I got to my 2nd year in school, I was already an old boy ,at 24 and I have my siblings already in higher level than me, this weighed me down but didn’t stop me from pushing, I had passion for music so I started teaching music in schools , and I was getting paid for it, I was able to take care of myself without asking my parents for much, but it still wasn’t enough as I have to stop because it was clashing with my schools timetable.

2ndsemster year two was very demanding. more expenses needed to be made , in addition to feeding and welfare and I wasn’t working this resulted in me striving so hard to eat and still be able to associate with my colleagues, in class people taught I had much, because of my approach to things and my way of relating, I never allowed the fact that I don’t have much look down on myself or let people look down on me, this particular semester marked a remarkable turn around in my life, thou I had to learn by seeing other students like me make cool cash form something they know how to do best, I met a fashion designer who makes cloth for fellow students and even has some of his wears show case on runways and a guy that makes shoes and already getting contract from celebrities, all this things got me thinking and I started thinking how to rebrand myself. I can remember vividly I had issues with paying for a particular camp program which was very important.

(1) (Reply)

Oodun Eegun....nothing Lasts Forever.....omowunmi Ayoka / Responsibility Is A Neccessity. / 10 Things You'll Find In Ladies Handbags

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.