Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,826 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

Convulsion At The School - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Convulsion At The School (662 Views)

How To Manage Febrile Convulsion / Scam On Going At The School Of Dental Nursing LUTH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Convulsion At The School by Justiceotuya(m): 1:15pm On Jan 20, 2015
i teach at a private secondary school here in Abuja, recently my school admitted a convulsive student and ever since things have not been the same for the class he was admitted to. I tried getting to know him and he revealed several things to me, i also got to know he was artistic and creative with crafts but in just a week he has gotten about 3 seisures and in that sesiure he hit about 3 students. So doctors in the house i need recommendation on what to do in a situation where he starts having siesure. Although personally, i think it will be better if he was sent packing by the school, but its beyond my power
Re: Convulsion At The School by Baba419(m): 1:36pm On Jan 20, 2015
Every Child deserves equal opportunities, there should be a head teacher of the section you are teaching.

There might be something triggering the seizures, investigate for bullying or crushes grin

Please what class is this child?
Depending on the age, it might be hereditary like epilepsy or treatable like cerebral malaria, but anyways something must be done because with more seizures the risk of brain damage increases

How does the child act after an episode?
Does he remember what happened and
how long is one episode?

You also need to speak to the parents to tell you about the home management practices, that is Abuja I expect you guys to know better

As for the seizures, put the child at a seat where the seizures can be picked up at the aura and let other members of the class know it's a normal thing and don't panic or run away from the child

Keep a soft head support handy,
Lie him on his back gently do not move the child too much during the episodes
Re: Convulsion At The School by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 20, 2015
Hi there, I can understand your fear and concerns, don't worry I'll help you smiley

There's a lot you need to know about seizures, I'll be back with some info from Google, sit tight smiley

1 Like

Re: Convulsion At The School by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 20, 2015
http://m.medlineplus.gov/ency/article/003200.htm

Take time to go through each link on this site, you don't have to be afraid, there's always a way out of difficult situations. That child has a bright future, try to be a memorable part of it, best of luck *hugs* smiley

1 Like

Re: Convulsion At The School by Justiceotuya(m): 11:34pm On Jan 20, 2015

There might be something triggering the seizures, investigate for bullying or crushes grin
the mummy told our proprietor about bullying and all teachers where warned from flogging the boy, students inclusive.. as for crush, i will ask him

Please what class is this child?
ss2 and he reveled to me that he has been expelled from several schools because of this
also he told me he was deaf in one ear as a result of blood being in the ear

How does the child act after an episode?
he just jerks one final time, recalls himself and asks what happened
Does he remember what happened
He doesn't because he asks what just happened, he also confided in me that all the things he does he got to know from fellow students who were present during the attack
[/quote]how long is one episode?
i haven't witnessed one full episode but from estimation, its between 1-2 minutes

[quote]As for the seizures, put the child at a seat where the seizures can be picked up at the aura and let other members of the class know it's a normal thing and don't panic or run away from the child
the students already are, they have even reported to their parents and this could be bad for the management.
He came to me today after school hours and told me he was afraid the school was going to drop him because the way some staffs reacted after the episode,he already knew he would be sent packing. i mustered all my strength not to cry, here was a boy who is the only child of his mum, his dad he did not know because he died when he was little, being convulsive and having such wonderful artistic tendency. this boy made whip out of paper, can do different kinds of shoes and is a pianist for his local church..... what a contradiction

Keep a soft head support handy,
Lie him on his back gently do not move the child too much during the episodes
we do hold him tight when it happens, is that right?

(1) (Reply)

Right / Must Read | Health Benefits Of Eating Bananas / Where Can I Buy Gym Equipments In Lagos Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.