Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,758 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited - Jobs/Vacancies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited (63163 Views)

Sahara Group 2015 Graduate Aptitude Test / Cardinal Stone 2015 Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test!!! / Exxonmobil 2015 Graduate /experienced Hire Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by Dude04(m): 10:55pm On Jun 24, 2015
Bristow hwfa na
Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by kraftykc(m): 7:51am On Jul 01, 2015
Dude04:
Bristow hwfa na

Lol, I heard they take this long to get going. Hopefully before the end of the year we will get some news
Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by kraftykc(m): 7:57am On Jul 01, 2015
igwemoagbo:

Haba..bros e no reach like that oh.....in dollar equivalent...it ranges btw 150000-250000$ for a 2 year programme.

Lol. Rotary on the average costs about 75-80k USD while fixed averages 50-65k USD in GOOD AND HONEST schools. There are still those that will take your money and Fuch you up by asking you to pay hidden charges etc.
Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by OnuChris(m): 6:44pm On Jul 02, 2015
Please is there any Nigerian pilot in here? There are lots of questions I'd love to ask. Thanks.
Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by chukwuka14(m): 1:05pm On Jul 14, 2015
What is happening here? No news at all. Na wah o.
Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by Souljaboi1: 9:02pm On Jul 14, 2015
chukwuka14:
What is happening here? No news at all. Na wah o.

I'm guessing the guys at Bristow are performimg pre-flight checks. I believe once we take-off, the sky would be within our grasp.

Nevertheless, the waiting period is quite frustrating.

Best wishes guys.
Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by chukwuka14(m): 9:04am On Jul 15, 2015
Amen ooo. But they raised our hopes by sending a mail to confirm our waec and some other stuffs. Since then now no news. They shouldn't have done dat.

My2cents
Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by tr3y(m): 11:37am On Jul 15, 2015
Mehn the wait is crazy.. thank God I've got something doing in the meanwhile.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by rantingphantom: 8:36pm On Jul 16, 2015
Rumor has it that they have some in house ish to resolve, you guy probably won't hear from them until it's resolved.
Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by tr3y(m): 5:06am On Jul 31, 2015
Peanut123 smokes

Guys is it like once you pass all their test and you later got selected, you have to start looking for millions of naira to gather flight time or Bristow will bear the cost of training.

Just checked few pages back and saw some quotes on PPL and the likes.
Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by Flojoh1(m): 10:20pm On Aug 13, 2015
Hey guys Doesn't the news of bristow helicopter crash into the lagoon make some you change ur mind about this job. Jst saying.
Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by Nobody: 8:42am On Aug 14, 2015
Flojoh1:
Hey guys Doesn't the news of bristow helicopter crash into the lagoon make some you change ur mind about this job. Jst saying.
bro flying is not just a job and all about the money...its a passion....if you are not passionate about flying,then you have no bizness been aviator...all jobs have high risk, even vulcanizer too...so this crash recent crash of flight 5N-BGD doesn't deter my dreams of becoming a rotary pilot

5 Likes

Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by koluray: 8:45am On Aug 14, 2015
igwemoagbo:
bro flying is not just a job and all about the money...its a passion....if you are not passionate about flying,then you have no bizness been aviator...all jobs have high risk, even vulcanizer too...so this crash recent crash of flight 5N-BGD doesn't deter my dreams of becoming a rotary pilot

if u have a dream , live it up, and be satisfied, a pilot dies only once, a loser dies all the time, lack of courage=death
Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by tayoccu(m): 10:02am On Aug 14, 2015
igwemoagbo:

koluray:

if u have a dream , live it up, and be satisfied, a pilot dies only once, a loser dies all the time, lack of courage=death

well said...
besides it is appointed for man to die once...
Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by Djbaka(m): 11:13am On Aug 15, 2015
Flojoh1:

Everyone above me has talked good. I knew the risks involved before I nurtured the my passion to fly to this level. Soon, I shall live my dream!
Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by kraftykc(m): 8:15pm On Sep 02, 2015
Christ... This is insane. I had heard they had picked people already but happily that seems a lie.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by boyesky(m): 6:00am On Sep 03, 2015
kraftykc:
Christ... This is insane. I had heard they had picked people already but happily that seems a lie.
kraftykc:
its not true... Bristow has not contacted anyone since the last time they told us to submit our SSCE and University stuff.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 03, 2015
boyesky:

its not true... Bristow has not contacted anyone since the last time they told us to submit our SSCE and University stuff.

i talked with an top management insider..until further notice recruitment has been suspended...due to some financial crisis...and the last candidates (on contract) who went for training haven't completed their training's....so bro...go find another work pending
Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by Souljaboi1: 7:46pm On Sep 23, 2015

New Bristow Africa Jet Charter Service Connects Lagos, Port Harcourt

SEPTEMBER 18, 2015

In partnership with Eastern Airways, Bristow Africa is in the final stages of launching a new jet charter service between Lagos and the Port Harcourt Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Base using Bristow-branded Embraer 135 aircraft. Plans are to operate as many as six daily chartered flights as a shuttle between the two cities, conveniently scheduled with early morning and dusk departures to maximize a full working day.

The project is the culmination of many years of work and targets what Bristow sees as a growing demand for reliable, integrated passenger service in Nigeria and elsewhere in Africa combining fixed-wing with rotary-wing services similar to what Bristow offers in the U.K. and Australia. This new service conveniently connects to Bristow helicopter flights to provide seamless transport for crews working offshore, enhancing the company’s service to clients as an integrated aviation provider.

Bristow will use fuel-efficient and environmentally friendly 37-passenger Embraer 135 regional jet aircraft for the new service, configured in a two-by-one seating arrangement with every traveler having an aisle or window seat. A dedicated back-up aircraft will also support the flight schedule to ensure reliability.

Private Terminal, New Lounges
The fixed-wing jet charter service will operate out of Bristow’s private terminal facilities in Lagos and Bristow’s terminal at the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Base in Port Harcourt. Both locations have newly constructed business lounges with complimentary snacks and beverages in addition to internet service and customer service personnel dedicated to the fixed-wing operation.

Bristow is targeting all corporations – in addition to those in the oil and gas industry – looking for efficient transportation in the area. This will be the first full branded Bristow fixed-wing aircraft in the Bristow Group fleet, and joins Bristow’s other fixed-wing service offerings through its affiliates, including Eastern Airways in the U.K., Airnorth in Australia and Lider Aviacao in Brazil.

http://www.bristowgroup.com/bristow-news/latest-news/2015/new-bristow-africa-jet-charter-service-connects-la/?utm_source=Bristow+News+Subscribers&utm_campaign=cc59fa785b-Horizons_March_2015&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_0ac08e077d-cc59fa785b-141790145

Lets hope this translates into more opportunities for Nigerian Pilots and Pilots wannabes. Still keeping my fingers crossed for the interview-invitation mail. smiley

5 Likes

Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by Souljaboi1: 6:27am On Dec 04, 2015
The year is almost over guys, do you think the recruitment would be carried over to next year or it going to be a fresh process all over again ?

Irrespective of how it goes, I'm quite hopeful.

There's an MOOC on eDx that teaches about Aerodynamics, you can take a look at it. It would give you a breakdown of how aircraft operate and how they have evolved since the wright brothers first flight.

(Just Google eDx MOOC, register and search the site using the keyword)

Best regards every one !

5 Likes

Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 06, 2015
The situation doesn't look too good, there's been a hold on further recruitment from what I heard due to economic downturn. Heard they let go of over 28 expat pilots, put a hold on the dudes they've got at their training school, don't know how true that is tho and the ones who have finished are still home and haven't been called up yet , so I don't see them taking any freshers soon.

If you've got the means, u best go do the training urself, not like I would advice it considering the current situation pilots are facing now, even Helicopters boys are now been asked to come with type rating that's additional $20k for the cheapest out there on top the $50k+ u gonna spend getting ur initial license and there's no guarantee of a job

Don't mean to sound all gloomy, it's just the reality of the situation, but there's no under estimating the GOD factor, everything and anything is still possible.

Cheers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by okikiosibodu(m): 8:50pm On Sep 12, 2016
please is there any information on the cadet recruitment for this year?
Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by osa8ty: 6:33pm On Jan 22, 2017
okikiosibodu:
please is there any information on the cadet recruitment for this year?
guy u on a long thing
Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by okikiosibodu(m): 10:50pm On Jan 22, 2017
osa8ty:
guy u on a long thing
angry sad angry

Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by osa8ty: 6:57am On Jan 30, 2017
okikiosibodu:

angry sad angry
sorry if I sounded rude but sh*t is real helicopter companies r not having it easy we just hope things pick up. I am also affected.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by okikiosibodu(m): 1:00am On Jan 31, 2017
osa8ty:
sorry if I sounded rude but sh*t is real helicopter companies r not having it easy we just hope things pick up. I am also affected.
no offence taken. One love

1 Like

Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by TheAk(m): 3:14pm On Jun 11, 2018
tr3y:
I attached my CV with the application but they still sent a mail saying I might not have included my CV and cover letter. Should I go ahead and also fill the cv and cover letter forms they sent on their website.
please did you get the job?i actually have an interview with them next month,can you help me with likely questions
Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by koluray: 1:09pm On Jun 15, 2018
TheAk:

please did you get the job?i actually have an interview with them next month,can you help me with likely questions
oh, this is 2018, is this stuff still on?
Re: 2015 Graduate Cadet Pilots Programme At Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited by okikiosibodu(m): 4:26pm On Jun 22, 2018
TheAk:

Pls update us on the outcome..... How did you apply, and please brief us on the stages before you got here. Thank you in anticipation for your response

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Federal Polytechnic Of Oil And Gas,Bonny Recruitment 2015 (over 50) / Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job / Lagos State Neighbourhood Recruitment 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.