Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,108 members, 7,953,389 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:25 PM

Lincoln Navigator. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lincoln Navigator. (1130 Views)

2018 Lincoln Navigator Is Lighter, Faster And Roomier (photos) / Lincoln Confirms New China-Made SUV To Suit Local Consumers / Check Out The Gull-winged Lincoln Navigator Concept, A Full-sized SUV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lincoln Navigator. by Baategun: 7:40pm On Jan 20, 2015
I use a Lincoln Navigator 2004 Model. I'm experience a noise from under the dashboard very much like someone farting continuously, this noise comes on at 60km/hr get louder and suddenly dissappear at 90km/hr and then vise versa when the speed comes down. Otherwise the vehicle has no other fault. Does anybody has any experience like this.
Re: Lincoln Navigator. by AutosBay(m): 11:04pm On Jan 20, 2015
Would suggest you do a comprehensive scan, alternatively you could check the Ring and pinion of your vehicle, might need to be replaced.
Re: Lincoln Navigator. by DECOtech(m): 7:00am On Jan 21, 2015
Baategun:
I use a Lincoln Navigator 2004 Model. I'm experience a noise from under the dashboard very much like someone farting continuously, this noise comes on at 60km/hr get louder and suddenly disappear at 90km/hr and then vise versa when the speed comes down. Otherwise the vehicle has no other fault. Does anybody has any experience like this.

With this kind of issue you wld need to invite or go to an automobile technician for physical observation which might be followed up by a scan if need be, depending on what the technician deduces from his/her observation.

Cheers
Re: Lincoln Navigator. by Baategun: 11:42pm On Jan 22, 2015
Thanks for your suggestions, I already gave the vehicle to a ?top workshop, don't want to mention their names, whatever they did after collecting huge sum of money, the noise stopped for about 1wk and then started again louder and in 2 dimensions. What pained me most however was that they completely disorganized the car, everything that could possibly go wrong with the engine and electronics went wrong. It took another huge sums of money to get back to normal at another car electrical (Rewire) workshop.
The problem does not register on scanning and the steering is quite ok. It's just that the flapping noise is very annoying, make me play the stereo at high volume when I drive alone.
Still need suggestions, I'm not ready to give it to other "mechanic" unless I'm sure of what's going on myself and how it can be corrected.
Re: Lincoln Navigator. by DECOtech(m): 12:12am On Jan 23, 2015
Baategun:

Still need suggestions, I'm not ready to give it to other "mechanic" unless I'm sure of what's going on myself and how it can be corrected.

Where are you located sir?

If you are in Lagos, how about I come to you and observe this vehicle for myself to see if I can identify the problem?

If its ok by you, my contacts are in my signature.

God bless you sir.
Re: Lincoln Navigator. by doroboss(m): 2:18am On Jan 23, 2015
Baategun:
I use a Lincoln Navigator 2004 Model. I'm experience a noise from under the dashboard very much like someone farting continuously, this noise comes on at 60km/hr get louder and suddenly dissappear at 90km/hr and then vise versa when the speed comes down. Otherwise the vehicle has no other fault. Does anybody has any experience like this.

I have solved this problem countless times, a very easy fix!

Stop leaving cooked beans in your car grin

1 Like

Re: Lincoln Navigator. by sultaan(m): 6:13am On Jan 23, 2015
check your drive shaft, saying it sounds like fart implies it has to do with air not metal clunk.

The only things move at 60mph is your engine, wheels and driveline.

It will help if you can mention an area the sound is coming from, front middle back, left, right
Re: Lincoln Navigator. by Baategun: 8:22pm On Jan 23, 2015
I can also describe the sound like clapping or a flapping sound. The sound was initially at the middle of the dash, then behind the steering wheel, that stooped and the it's now at the centre and a deeper and louder one to the right side of the dash. It only sounds between 60 and 90 km/hr speed, not below and not above.
Re: Lincoln Navigator. by Baategun: 8:26pm On Jan 23, 2015
By the way Doroboss, that was very funny and you got me there. I almost shouted Eureka.
Re: Lincoln Navigator. by sultaan(m): 5:32pm On Jan 24, 2015
Sounds like a bad tire so if all your cv bearing is good put the front tires in the back and listen again. check your front components by lifting up both tires and spin them or look for a loose plastic trim from the fender getting pushed into the tires

(1) (Reply)

Between Danfo And Volkswagen T4 Which One Is Better For Transport Business? / Robot Kills Worker At Volkswagen Factory In Germany / Car Engine Leakages...pls Help.oooo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.