Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2324178 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Mar 12, 2017
tripplebabygirl:
@ careerwoman you started in your post that you sent email to the embassy severally, can you help me with the embassy's email address too.
I think I also gave the email to careerwoman previously when she was first refused. I'm so glad it ended well this time. She bit the bullet(but twice), just like justwise advised. Lol. I'm so happy for her

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tripplebabygirl: 6:38pm On Mar 12, 2017
Good day everyone one, God bless you all for sharing useful information here.please l need your advice. After reading jerrymax 's comment on ticking no instead of yes. I was surprised and quickly checked the copy of the application form l submitted. l ticked no after reading "have you ever been refused a visa to Canada' and did not see 'or any other country'.truly speaking l didn't see it if not l would have stated it. maybe because l assumed it's like USA application form that asks for USA only without other countries. I know U.K. asks in their form which l always tick yes with reason.My only visa denial was U.K. like 8 yrs ago and l later got 6months,2years and presently 5 yrs now, l also have valid US visa. Do l need to write the embassy if yes what is the email address. Thank you all. Please respond to my question @ awelekiti l posted this and to answer your question, l submitted by paper route at abuja, so will need the abuja embassy address.thanks l really appreciate
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 6:38pm On Mar 12, 2017
careerwoman:
God is great. His Mercy endures forever. His love is eternal. His Grace is always sufficient for us. I will praise you Lord all day long. My mouth will tell of your righteousness. Let every drop of my blood circulate for You!
My people, I am too happy ooo..
I applied the second time for a visitor visa on the 20th of February for a conference starting next week. I sent multiple mails to the embassy asking them to show me mercy and expedite my visa application because I had school exams early February. Yesterday, I got a mail that my passport is ready for collection. Less than 15days!!! I summoned courage and went today to pick it up and smiling at me was my visa oooo. 3 months multiple entry. Please ooo. Can I change naira at the airport at Travelex?? What is the exchange rate? I may be leaving tomorrow or next by God's grace..
I'm so happy for you oo. At last, it ended well. Those questions you were bombarding me with, didn't go in vain lol. I'm sure justwise too will be happy now, the man who advised you bite the bullet grin. I like your 'CAN DO' spirit. Abeg buy me candy and chocolate when coming ooo. I'm gona ask you on my next visit to UCH, lol. Congrats and have a safe trip and successful mission.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tripplebabygirl: 6:47pm On Mar 12, 2017
awelekiti:
I think I also gave the email to careerwoman previously when she was first refused. I'm so glad it ended well this time. She bit the bullet(but twice), just like justwise advised. Lol. I'm so happy for her
awelekiti:

@ awelekiti l need abuja embassy Email thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 12, 2017
tripplebabygirl:

@ awelekiti l need abuja embassy Email thanks
Honestly I don't know the abuja email. I just read your previous post. I got the CIC Lagos email through vfs, Lagos at a time when I needed a correction on my colleague's application form, a case similar to yours and I assumed it was looked into as he wasn't refused eventually. He mistakenly ticked NO under the children information column(that he didn't have children) meanwhile, he provided details of his children in the form he submitted. He corrected this on the form and sent to Lagos CIC email given by the vfs and a generic auto email acknowledgement was received afterwards, that a reply may not be given but the email will be given an attention asap. Kindly contact abuja vfs first thing tomorrow morning for the CIC Abuja email address. You need to act fast before they start treating your app. In the meantime, you may also send Lagos office of CIC email to give you their abuja's email address as you made a mistake which requires an urgent correction on your app submitted. Whilst you're asking for abuja CIC email, ensure you have a corrected copy of the form by you and also attach it to your email you're sending to Lagos office. Include your application details under email subject. They may help forward your email to abuja themselves but you still need the abuja email to be on a safe side. Call abuja vfs tomorrow morning around 8am(and don't bother to email the abuja vfs in this case, considering the urgency of the situation as they may not respond on time. Please call). The abuja vfs number should be indicated on your tracking details. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tripplebabygirl: 7:25pm On Mar 12, 2017
Thanks awelekiti for you detailed response l will do as you as advised God bless

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nefertitiram: 8:12pm On Mar 12, 2017
tripplebabygirl:
Thanks awelekiti for you detailed response l will do as you as advised God bless

When I assisted my former boss (MD of the company) last year, I put female instead of male as sex.

On the website there is a place for contact them embassy. I sent them a message highlighting the mistake. They responded a few days later that it was treated.

I cant remember how to get there but I fiddled a lot with the application in desperation because the guy was putting fire on my head. I mean my job was at stake! Lolz

Check the website for how to contact the embassy.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 8:23pm On Mar 12, 2017
nefertitiram:

When I assisted my former boss (MD of the company) last year, I put female instead of male as sex.

On the website there is a place for contact them embassy. I sent them a message highlighting the mistake. They responded a few days later that it was treated.

I cant remember how to get there but I fiddled a lot with the application in desperation because the guy was putting fire on my head. I mean my job was at stake! Lolz

Check the website for how to contact the embassy.
Hahahaha! Such are common, but not deliberate mistakes, which anyone can make. The VOs also make mistakes. On many occasions had they mixed up applicants' documents and sent to them. For instance, a document of Applicant A' mixed with that of B' and sent them out by mistake. I was at a German embassy one day to pick up my passport. There I met a guy who was 'raking' at the security post, that his name was spelt in error on the visa sticker. All these show nobody is above mistakes and I'm sure the VOs can attest to this. But when an applicant deliberately filled-in the wrong information, just to cover up, this isn't good enough and such an applicant must be ready to face the music.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nefertitiram: 8:47pm On Mar 12, 2017
awelekiti:
Hahahaha! Such are common, but not deliberate mistakes, which anyone can make. The VOs also make mistakes. On many occasions had they mixed up applicants' documents and sent to them. For instance, a document of Applicant A' mixed with that of B' and sent them out by mistake. I was at a German embassy one day to pick up my passport. There I met a guy who was 'raking' at the security post, that his name was spelt in error on the visa sticker. All these show nobody is above mistakes and I'm sure the VOs can attest to this. But when an applicant deliberately filled-in the wrong information, just to cover up, this isn't good enough and such an applicant must be ready to face the music.

They also made a mistake on my German visa. Put my married name meanwhile my passport was in my maiden name. It was so frustrating going back there to have it corrected and sent back via courier
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by keleto(m): 9:21pm On Mar 12, 2017
Good day house. I really appreciate what is going on here. Please I have a question to ask here.
1) am expecting my visa to be out any moment from now. Is actually a TWO YEAR WORK VISA.
my issues now is that I don't know if I will still be asked at point of entry to show POF.. and how much do you think I can go to Canada with, to sustain me before I get a job.
2) what and what am I supposed to travel with, as I don't have anybody when I land.
3)can someone advise me as per short stay hotel and permanent accommodation.
3)i studied electrical engineering, so which of the state will I be able to get a job quickly.
4)do you think I can go for a menial job first before I settle for a full time professional job. How do I go about it.
5)how do I really go about job hunting and accommodation.
6) how do I get a work permit

Please I need response s plus. Help your fellow brother in the struggle.
Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by keleto(m): 9:26pm On Mar 12, 2017
Good day house. I really appreciate what is going on here. Please I have a question to ask here.
1) am expecting my visa to be out any moment from now. Is actually a TWO YEAR WORK VISA.
my issues now is that I don't know if I will still be asked at point of entry to show POF.. and how much do you think I can go to Canada with, to sustain me before I get a job.
2) what and what am I supposed to travel with, as I don't have anybody when I land.
3)i studied electrical engineering, so which of the state will I be able to get a job quickly.
4)do you think I can go for a menial job first before I settle for a full time professional job. How do I go about it.
6)how do I get a work permit

Thanks. [color=#006600][/color]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vcole: 9:39pm On Mar 12, 2017
Hi y'all I truly apologize for asking a question that may have been flogged on this thread. However, I may not be able to find the answer in good time......I am helping my mom put together a tourist visa app for Canada and she intends to submit tomorrow. I just realized that I am not sure if the vfs center collects original documents or photocopies. Please could anyone help with an answer? Thanks in advance.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sundaydammy: 10:42pm On Mar 12, 2017
Photocopy but you will need to take original along. Make sure you do your photocopy along with you it somehow expensive at the place go with all do

vcole:
Hi y'all I truly apologize for asking a question that may have been flogged on this thread. However, I may not be able to find the answer in good time......I am helping my mom put together a tourist visa app for Canada and she intends to submit tomorrow. I just realized that I am not sure if the vfs center collects original documents or photocopies. Please could anyone help with an answer? Thanks in advance.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by vcole: 10:53pm On Mar 12, 2017
Thank you so much
sundaydammy:
Photocopy but you will need to take original along. Make sure you do your photocopy along with you it somehow expensive at the place go with all do

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by paparazzi1987(m): 4:18am On Mar 13, 2017
Folaroyal:

Congrats!
Anyone please guide me through linking TRV paper application to online account. The challenge is that it requests for the application number.... Got lost at that point.
I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO SORT IT... THANKS!
Regards

Please how did you fix this ? I am also in the same situation with my wife app. Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tripplebabygirl: 5:31am On Mar 13, 2017
Thanks nifertitiram
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 7:44am On Mar 13, 2017
tripplebabygirl:
Good day everyone one, God bless you all for sharing useful information here.please l need your advice. After reading jerrymax 's comment on ticking no instead of yes. I was surprised and quickly checked the copy of the application form l submitted. l ticked no after reading "have you ever been refused a visa to Canada' and did not see 'or any other country'.truly speaking l didn't see it if not l would have stated it. maybe because l assumed it's like USA application form that asks for USA only without other countries. I know U.K. asks in their form which l always tick yes with reason.My only visa denial was U.K. like 8 yrs ago and l later got 6months,2years and presently 5 yrs now, l also have valid US visa. Do l need to write the embassy if yes what is the email address. Thank you all. Please respond to my question @ awelekiti l posted this and to answer your question, l submitted by paper route at abuja, so will need the abuja embassy address.thanks l really appreciate
A Canadian Embassy is now present in Abuja. The extent of their operations is not yet defined on the IRCC website but you can give it a try.

Street Address:
13010G, Palm close, Diplomatic drive,
Central Business District Abuja, Nigeria

Postal Address:
High Commission of Canada
13010G, Palm close, Diplomatic drive, Central Business District Abuja
P.O. Box 5144
Abuja, Nigeria

Telephone: (011 234 9) 461-2900
Fax: (011 234 9) 461-2901
Email: Abuja@international.gc.ca

Hours of Operation:
Monday to Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tripplebabygirl: 11:23am On Mar 13, 2017
Thanks jayfierce l have called vfs and was given Lagos email (same with the one awelekiti posted).none for abuja.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 11:24am On Mar 13, 2017
jayfierce:
Noooo, the last time it happened, redreact saw electronic tribal marks.

@redreact, don't mind omobendel24, the reason I felt you are a chick is because you have this elegance akin to niceness in your words. Its hard to describe. Anyways I could send you Canadian dollars as souvenir instead of the chocolates.

Arrghh!!! Thanks bro. Never noticed that myself.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kenniei: 11:26am On Mar 13, 2017
Good morning house, my visa application was refused due to no travel historyk sad.. How soon can I reapply for another visa?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kokorita: 12:08pm On Mar 13, 2017
@ ken. Sorry about your refusal. When did you get a mail from VFS. Ken let me advice you . You dnt need to reapply because they will not give you. What you need do now is to build your travelling history . Let me tell you what worked for me. When I was refused a uk visa , cous of lack of documentation. I didn't reapply immediately, I started to build my salary account. And after a year of refusal(uk visa). I traveled to southafrica, ghana and Kenya. Den when I returned after some few months I reapplied for uk. I made sure my family friend invited me. He sent me all the necessary documents I needed to apply. My application took a while I was also called for an interview at the British embassy. Few days after the interview I was contact by VFS to come pick up my passport. Got 6 months visa . As at den. After that I got my usa visa and now my Canada visa. So Now I have uk usa and Canada visas. I will advise you build your travelling history go apply for southafrica, reapply for ur uk. With full documentation. Travel to uk and come back. Apply to usa. Travel n come back den fire back at Canada.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by keleto(m): 7:33pm On Mar 13, 2017
keleto:
6)how do I get a work permit

Thanks. [color=#006600][/color]

Please let someone attend to my need please please

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kenniei: 8:13pm On Mar 13, 2017
kokorita:
@ ken. Sorry about your refusal. When did you get a mail from VFS. Ken let me advice you . You dnt need to reapply because they will not give you. What you need do now is to build your travelling history . Let me tell you what worked for me. When I was refused a uk visa , cous of lack of documentation. I didn't reapply immediately, I started to build my salary account. And after a year of refusal(uk visa). I traveled to southafrica, ghana and Kenya. Den when I returned after some few months I reapplied for uk. I made sure my family friend invited me. He sent me all the necessary documents I needed to apply. My application took a while I was also called for an interview at the British embassy. Few days after the interview I was contact by VFS to come pick up my passport. Got 6 months visa . As at den. After that I got my usa visa and now my Canada visa. So Now I have uk usa and Canada visas. I will advise you build your travelling history go apply for southafrica, reapply for ur uk. With full documentation. Travel to uk and come back. Apply to usa. Travel n come back den fire back at Canada.

I got the mail this morning after I checked online...Thank you very much! I will work on that
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by favouredi: 10:22am On Mar 14, 2017
awelekiti:
Sorry I wasn't following your earlier post(s) and I'm finding it somewhat difficult to open all the previous posts, maybe due to network from my service provider or NL server issue. Did you submit via paper route in lagos? If yes, here's the email address you requested LAGOSIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
I thought the email address of the Lagos Canadian embassy is lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 12:05pm On Mar 14, 2017
favouredi:

I thought the email address of the Lagos Canadian embassy is lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
It's also a valid lagos CIC email address. If you mail them with either LAGOSIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca , lagos@international.gc.ca or lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca, your case will still be treated. I was given the 3 email addresses by vfs the day I called them for the mistake made on my colleague's application form but I sent an email to only 2 of them( sent to one and copied the other). In case you've emailed cic already, the auto response you'd get would be routed through the email address LAGOSIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca. Regardless of the email address used, you'd still get same auto response as programmed on their server. Kindly see the below screenshots as pulled out from our email archive for details(both the copy of the email sent and the auto response received) FYI. You may still send them another email, using the 3 addresses(send to one and copy the 2 others), especially if you've not got any auto response acknowledging the receipt of your email. Pls let me know how far

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Mar 14, 2017
favouredi:

Here's the auto response received acknowledging our email by the CIC. Kindly note the email address the CIC responded with as programmed on their server.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dotcomnamename: 2:11pm On Mar 14, 2017
awelekiti:
It's ok. I've read your previous posts before I replied you earlier. If you ask me, UK VAC is much closer to you so I'd have suggested you apply via the VAC in the UK as canada doesn't have an Office in Ireland. But since you'd be in Nigeria on holiday during this time, you can always apply here in Nigeria and have your Biometric taken here as well. You apply with the required documents, including your bank and asset details both in Nigeria and Ireland. However, please clarify with the Embassy before you apply. Send an email to them at lagos@international.gc.ca or lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca. Make the email subject 'URGENT HELP NEEDED'. I'm sure they'd reply you promptly. You'd be guided on how to go about your application as well. Good luck.

@awelekiti,

I sent an email to lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca for clarification if i can submit my application during my visit in Nigeria, but they replied me with ''Good day, Thank for your inquiry below. Please refer to www.cic.gc.ca for information regarding types of visa applications and requirements.
Sincerely,''.

I note that TRV processing time for applicants from Ireland is just 4 days, see attached. However, since i'll be in nigeria on holiday i have no idea if they will still consider the 4 days processing time for me? In addition, one of the TRV application forms for applicants from Ireland even shows ''London Office. This TRV application is somehow complicated O!?

Even the TRV paper application form (IMM 5257) for applicants in Ireland is not opening and the family form is even showing ''London Office, see here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp?countrySelect=IE#applications . If i go for paper application base on 4 days processing time for applicants in Ireland, will they accept my application forms in Nigeria because it shows ''London office''?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 14, 2017
dotcomnamename:

@awelekiti,

I sent an email to lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca for clarification if i can submit my application during my visit in Nigeria, but they replied me with ''Good day, Thank for your inquiry below. Please refer to www.cic.gc.ca for information regarding types of visa applications and requirements.
Sincerely,''.

I note that TRV processing time for applicants from Ireland is just 4 days, see attached. However, since i'll be in nigeria on holiday i have no idea if they will still consider the 4 days processing time for me? In addition, one of the TRV application forms for applicants from Ireland even shows ''London Office. This TRV application is somehow complicated O!?

Even the TRV paper application form (IMM 5257) for applicants in Ireland is not opening and the family form is even showing ''London Office, see here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp?countrySelect=IE#applications . If i go for paper application base on 4 days processing time for applicants in Ireland, will they accept my application forms in Nigeria because it shows ''London office''?
They replied you the way they did because they believed the information you needed could be found on their website. Since you'd be in Nigeria on holiday, while not apply online before you leave Ireland since you'd need your passport to come here? Processing time is different per country so, if you apply here, they can't skip the process because of you bro. Your app will definitely queue behind others'. Your visa application will even be processed faster if you apply either via paper or online while in ireland and if you choose to apply via paper route while in Nigeria, by the time you're set to return to your base in ireland you might get stuck because your passport must be with the CIC throughout the processing time. you'd be left with no option that cancel your application and request your passport to enable you return to your base.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by favouredi: 5:35pm On Mar 14, 2017
awelekiti:
It's also a valid lagos CIC email address. If you mail them with either LAGOSIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca , lagos@international.gc.ca or lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca, your case will still be treated. I was given the 3 email addresses by vfs the day I called them for the mistake made on my colleague's application form but I sent an email to only 2 of them( sent to one and copied the other). In case you've emailed cic already, the auto response you'd get would be routed through the email address LAGOSIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca. Regardless of the email address used, you'd still get same auto response as programmed on their server. Kindly see the below screenshots as pulled out from our email archive for details(both the copy of the email sent and the auto response received) FYI. You may still send them another email, using the 3 addresses(send to one and copy the 2 others), especially if you've not got any auto response acknowledging the receipt of your email. Pls let me know how far
Ok. Thanks for the vivid explanation.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mumaurora: 5:41pm On Mar 14, 2017
Hello house, please I need an urgent advice. Last year I applied for a Canadian visitor visa through online route on may 31st, though I used agent for the application but I traveled to Europe after my biometric on April first when I came back in June no response yet on my application till September when I went to meet my agent that did the application on my behalf it was there that she told me that she forgot the password, and she has no access to my cic account. On September 27th she called me that she received a mail from Canada embassy that stated that my application was denied, with no wasting of time I collected 300k that I paid to the agent. Last month I applied on my own after reading all the necessary things I needed on this forum. Last week I tracked my old application ( the one I applied last year ) I saw application still on processing. My fear now is hope the old application won't affect the new application or I should mail the embassy and explained to them. Thank you very much
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dotcomnamename: 5:47pm On Mar 14, 2017
awelekiti:
They replied you the way they did because they believed the information you needed could be found on their website. Since you'd be in Nigeria on holiday, while not apply online before you leave Ireland since you'd need your passport to come here? Processing time is different per country so, if you apply here, they can't skip the process because of you bro. Your app will definitely queue behind others'. Your visa application will even be processed faster if you apply either via paper or online while in ireland and if you choose to apply via paper route while in Nigeria, by the time you're set to return to your base in ireland you might get stuck because your passport must be with the CIC throughout the processing time. you'd be left with no option that cancel your application and request your passport to enable you return to your base.

Ok thank you. Another thing is, do they normally specify the location to enroll biometric? or it does not matter as long as i enroll my biometric at any of VAC centers that accept Canadian TRV applications. This is because if i go for the online route i am not sure if they will write in the biometric request letter that i must enroll my biometric at VAC center in London for applicants in Ireland.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 14, 2017
favouredi:

Ok. Thanks for the vivid explanation.
You're welcome. Pls have you tried contacting them and did you get auto response?

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.