Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,052 members, 7,841,978 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (1066) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2368380 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1063) (1064) (1065) (1066) (1067) (1068) (1069) ... (1117) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hasbunallah(f): 10:47am On Mar 22
So how can one convert vv after arriving in Canada? LMIA almost impossible, I heard seeking asylum means u can’t fly in Nigeria directly ever againπŸ€”
Study possibly? Is this a good option. If your got school with cheaper tuition name pls…
I heard RNIP too, any no about this? Can one convert to RNIP.

Am asking to know. If u in Canada share me idea. If not ignore. No insult or rudeness
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by evansky(m): 10:55am On Mar 22
Good morning Gurus. I need your advice.
I have a sowp visa while my spouse has study visa. We plan going there three months before the start date of her class. Will there be consequences? Is three months too early?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Beshibeshi: 10:56am On Mar 22
Good morning everyone, PPR for my wife and son, pls what is the procedure to send passport for the both of them, and the cost implications thanks.
NB my son is a minor so no biometric don on him. Pls I need feedback from anyone. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 11:21am On Mar 22
evansky:
Good morning Gurus. I need your advice.
I have a sowp visa while my spouse has study visa. We plan going there three months before the start date of her class. Will there be consequences? Is three months too early?

You can arrive because with the current accommodation problem in Canada, you need time to settle down and search for accommodation, get a car before school resumes. And that will be your reason at the POE, and the border officer will understand if the airline carries you because some airlines do pass IRCC's self-assessment. Additionally, your spouse cannot work until school resumes as a student and you should hold evidence of your fees or how you plan to pay your school fees. There is more checking of fees at the border now as more students are dropping out of school due to financial issues, as getting jobs is becoming harder in canada now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hasbunallah(f): 11:49am On Mar 22
Beshibeshi:
Good morning everyone, PPR for my wife and son, pls what is the procedure to send passport for the both of them, and the cost implications thanks.
NB my son is a minor so no biometric don on him. Pls I need feedback from anyone. Thanks

Congratulations πŸ’ƒπŸŽŠπŸŽ‰ share us timeline pls… when did they do biometrics sir
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Paulo01: 1:59pm On Mar 22
Good afternoon my people.. las las I got access to my IRCC portal but guess what, my application was denied and decision has been made since February 14 but the stupid agent did not update me until I carry DSS go meet am.Thanks to @Slimmsyyetty and all. Thanks to everyone here for the informations, updates and all. One of the thing I learn here is to embrace DIY just to avoid all these fake and stupid agents. I really appreciate my family here. We move Jah blessings πŸ™

5 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sweetkev(m): 2:38pm On Mar 22
Paulo01:
Good afternoon my people.. las las I got access to my IRCC portal but guess what, my application was denied and decision has been made since February 14 but the stupid agent did not update me until I carry DSS go meet am.Thanks to @Slimmsyyetty and all. Thanks to everyone here for the informations, updates and all. One of the thing I learn here is to embrace DIY just to avoid all these fake and stupid agents. I really appreciate my family here. We move Jah blessings πŸ™
Sorry about that bro. When did you do your biometric ?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by id4sho(m): 2:39pm On Mar 22
Paulo01:
Na panel beating for fit am. Hope you've gotten all your login in details. Order GCMS note. Go through the thread and ask questions. Cheers bro

#saynotoagents

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Beshibeshi: 2:43pm On Mar 22
Application submitted October 9
Biometric October 25
PPr for both of them match 22

I stood as sponsor for both of them, I did not submit any employment documents for my wife, because she's a full house wife, please what's the procedure for submitting passport and the cost please
hasbunallah:

Congratulations πŸ’ƒπŸŽŠπŸŽ‰ share us timeline pls… when did they do biometrics sir

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Paulo01: 2:44pm On Mar 22
sweetkev:
Sorry about that bro. When did you do your biometric ?

Thanks boss. I went for biometrics on the 14th of September 2023
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Paulo01: 2:46pm On Mar 22
id4sho:

Na panel beating for fit am. Hope you've gotten all your login in details. Order GCMS note. Go through the thread and ask questions. Cheers bro

#saynotoagents

I swear.. yes I have the login details now..can I change the password? Cos some agents are very foolish and stupid. The VO said I do not have enough funds POF and and no strong ties to home country. That's the work of my agent o. Or is there something I can do about the decision made?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Madukachase: 2:57pm On Mar 22
Nairobi handled my spouse visit visa that got approved this month.
Eriokanmi:
Very true. At times when people say Nairobi,I always get confused. TRV has always been processed by their Nigeria office. Each time I sent them mails on the status of my application, they had never referred me to Nairobi and it's same email address I've been using for nearly 10 years now. They'd definitely respond to me.

When I heard people talk Can Plus here, that as a usa visa holder, your application won't take long to process and I could also confirm this via people's testimonies here, I was worried at some point, why my application took longer, despite being in that category so, I mailed their Lagos office. I also filled a webform. I didn't even choose if I was applying from outside Canada or not and they responded that my application was being processed in their Lagos office in the mail i received, apart from the one sent by the IRCC to corroborate this.

A few days later, I received my PPR.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hasbunallah(f): 3:21pm On Mar 22
Beshibeshi:
Application submitted October 9
Biometric October 25
PPr for both of them match 22

I stood as sponsor for both of them, I did not submit any employment documents for my wife, because she's a full house wife, please what's the procedure for submitting passport and the cost please

Your have to post their passport by Dhl to where u did biometrics or take their passport u with them in person to where u did their biometric. This is to my knowledge.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by uchee(f): 3:46pm On Mar 22
Please for request for PPR is aside you seeing this in your tracker do they send emails to the Applicant requesting this . Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Spares: 3:49pm On Mar 22
Three months is too early for a student to arrive in Canada before the school resume to avoid trouble.
At least one month.
Good luck.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Beshibeshi: 4:28pm On Mar 22
Yes email was sent to me that I have a message in the portal
uchee:
Please for request for PPR is aside you seeing this in your tracker do they send emails to the Applicant requesting this . Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 4:35pm On Mar 22
Beshibeshi:
Yes email was sent to me that I have a message in the portal
Please if I may ask, was your application decided in Lagos or Nairobi according to the PPR letter and BVL you got today?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 5:32pm On Mar 22
For Lagos Office:

Walk into any DHL or UPS store, you can google & check for the one's near you.

This is the Address you will mail your documents to:

Canada Visa Application Centre
Ground Floor, The Manor
Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Lekki Phase 1
Lagos
Nigeria

Documents to go with to the DHL Office:

- Two photocopies of your international passport data page
- Your International passport itself
- passport request letter
- Biometric confirmation slip (the document you were given after u did your Biometrics)
-Two copies of signed VFS consent forms

The VFS consent form is available at https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/usa/pdf/consent-form.pdf

Put everything in a Big Brown Envelope,

Write your FULL NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NO. & Email Address on the Envelope boldly

When you go to DHL, also indicate that you want a two way courier service. Then provide them the address you want your passport sent to when ready.

For Abuja Office:

I enveloped all the documents below and sent to

Visa Application Centre
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor
Plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way,Central Business District
Abuja
Nigeria

Documents:
-2 duly signed consent form.
-2 copies of passport data page
-passport Request Letter
-Yellow biometric slip
-Receipt of payment of transmission fee or so( you pay this fee if you didn't capture biometrics at Abuja VFS)
-A paper with your contact details: name, phone number, email address, home address.

Pay the transmission fee to
canada Logistics Collection Account
Sterling Bank Plc

Disclaimer: please confirm the account details before any transaction.

I sent via DHL 2-way courier.

The contact information of VFS in Nigeria is available at https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/contact-us

NOTE β€” the transmission processing fee paid to VFS (Canada Logistics Collection account) through the Sterling Bank account.

I copied this sometime ago here on NL and it may be useful to anyone who gets ppr.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Beshibeshi: 6:58pm On Mar 22
Thanks, what if am doing a walk in submission will I still have to pay any money to vfs, I already book appointment for submission.
Debbieeeeeee:
For Lagos Office:

Walk into any DHL or UPS store, you can google & check for the one's near you.

This is the Address you will mail your documents to:

Canada Visa Application Centre
Ground Floor, The Manor
Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Lekki Phase 1
Lagos
Nigeria

Documents to go with to the DHL Office:

- Two photocopies of your international passport data page
- Your International passport itself
- passport request letter
- Biometric confirmation slip (the document you were given after u did your Biometrics)
-Two copies of signed VFS consent forms

The VFS consent form is available at https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/usa/pdf/consent-form.pdf

Put everything in a Big Brown Envelope,

Write your FULL NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NO. & Email Address on the Envelope boldly

When you go to DHL, also indicate that you want a two way courier service. Then provide them the address you want your passport sent to when ready.

For Abuja Office:

I enveloped all the documents below and sent to

Visa Application Centre
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor
Plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way,Central Business District
Abuja
Nigeria

Documents:
-2 duly signed consent form.
-2 copies of passport data page
-passport Request Letter
-Yellow biometric slip
-Receipt of payment of transmission fee or so( you pay this fee if you didn't capture biometrics at Abuja VFS)
-A paper with your contact details: name, phone number, email address, home address.

Pay the transmission fee to
canada Logistics Collection Account
Sterling Bank Plc

Disclaimer: please confirm the account details before any transaction.

I sent via DHL 2-way courier.

The contact information of VFS in Nigeria is available at https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/contact-us

NOTE β€” the transmission processing fee paid to VFS (Canada Logistics Collection account) through the Sterling Bank account.

I copied this sometime ago here on NL and it may be useful to anyone who gets ppr.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by id4sho(m): 8:46pm On Mar 22
Beshibeshi:
Thanks, what if am doing a walk in submission will I still have to pay any money to vfs, I already book appointment for submission.
You will still pay and payment is per head. You will pay for both of them whether you use one envelope
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by id4sho(m): 8:54pm On Mar 22
Paulo01:

I swear.. yes I have the login details now..can I change the password? Cos some agents are very foolish and stupid. The VO said I do not have enough funds POF and and no strong ties to home country. That's the work of my agent o. Or is there something I can do about the decision made?
Apply for GCMS note. You will see the rejection breakdown. Have 10-15M in your account. As for home ties (car document, land/house, marriage certificate, kids birth cert, job employment or company docs with tax/invoice, leave/introduction letter ,community/association letter,)

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Paulo01: 9:11pm On Mar 22
id4sho:

Apply for GCMS note. You will see the rejection breakdown. Have 10-15M in your account. As for home ties (car document, land/house, marriage certificate, kids birth cert, job employment or company docs with tax/invoice, leave/introduction letter ,community/association letter,)

Thanks so muchπŸ™

Is GCMS free? If no how much and how do I go about it pls
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Beshibeshi: 9:15pm On Mar 22
How do I check that?
Debbieeeeeee:

Please if I may ask, was your application decided in Lagos or Nairobi according to the PPR letter and BVL you got today?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Beshibeshi: 9:16pm On Mar 22
Okay thanks
id4sho:

You will still pay and payment is per head. You will pay for both of them whether you use one envelope
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Debbieeeeeee: 9:16pm On Mar 22
Beshibeshi:
How do I check that?
The address is usually at the bottom of the letter you get.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 9:33pm On Mar 22
Beshibeshi:
How do I check that?
It appears like a footnote on every letter.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oluwaloniglory7: 11:18pm On Mar 22
Please if someone wanted to apply for visitor visa to visit her spouse who his currently studies in Canada what documents required to submit ?

Is it necessary to submit her spouse study related documents?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Beshibeshi: 11:31pm On Mar 22
Lagos, because it's lagos address I saw on the bvl
Debbieeeeeee:

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Graceness777(f): 1:59am On Mar 23
Hi everyone
I am new here please I have going through the recent chats on the thread but I am unable to see anywhere on how to begin with my journey to get canada visit visa
Please I need help on how to start
Do I start online or do I need to walking to VFS?
Please someone should put me through thank you

Beshibeshi:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nkaluu800(m): 6:07am On Mar 23
Hello Everyone.
Please how can I access my account or create another.
Anyway to bypass without consulting the Agent?
Just in case the Agent handling it for me tries to act funny or become unfortunate.
Though my Biometric was on December 22nd 2024.
Being hopeful all the same.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by babapressy(m): 6:43am On Mar 23
Good morning. What does it mean if you get a mail from ircc that your application status has changed. I applied for vv, did my biometric 23/10/23
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Paulo01: 8:18am On Mar 23
Nkaluu800:
Hello Everyone.
Please how can I access my account or create another.
Anyway to bypass without consulting the Agent?
Just in case the Agent handling it for me tries to act funny or become unfortunate.
Though my Biometric was on December 22nd 2024.
Being hopeful all the same.

Do you have access to the email address attached to your application? If yes , you can easily set a tracker with the email address

(1) (2) (3) ... (1063) (1064) (1065) (1066) (1067) (1068) (1069) ... (1117) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Ibrahim8358(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.