Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (1091) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2326091 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1088) (1089) (1090) (1091) (1092) (1093) (1094) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 8:04am On Apr 24
Levels1:

I don't know why you guys keep responding to this Monika.

I think she's only catching fun as no reasonable individuals will still believe such agent despite all the advice given her.

I beg let her do whatever pleases her and don't let take her serious going forward

I don't think she's catching fun o.

Some agents are professional manipulating people ehn....

Their sweet words will make you fall for this kind of cheap scam ehn

As a novice, you know the kind of feelings when your agent told you that your visa has been approved.

Some don't even know the meaning of biometric.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dubaiboy1: 8:19am On Apr 24
No ! I don't believe she is confused , even far from it .. I think she want to have one leg in and one leg out . After all the warnings, she came back asking a new question about a fake Visa which means she is seriously considering going ahead with it .. That bad agent has filled her head with lies but she should have known better when she came here with the first question.

When no be Juju ! A lot of people have advised her against it but she came back asking more questions.

oluayebenz:

Please this your comment is too harsh and not acceptable here.
Don't scared people off not to share what they are passing through in the hand of agent.

Please mind the way you talk to people.
It's obvious the lady is very confused now.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Levels1(m): 8:59am On Apr 24
oluayebenz:

I don't think she's catching fun o.

Some agents are professional manipulating people ehn....

Their sweet words will make you fall for this kind of cheap scam ehn

As a novice, you know the kind of feelings when your agent told you that your visa has been approved.

Some don't even know the meaning of biometric.

Accepted.

But when almost everyone here already talked down the FAKE Visa without biometric, I think she should have put an end to it and sort for how to get her money back if she has paid.

I think the purpose of coming here on nairaland is to be informed and be updated but she's not willing so let her pay the Agent of devil as I believe she's Rich

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mamawa123: 10:09am On Apr 24
Has any applicant (with no US visa) who applied in December 2023 for a Canadian visitor visa gotten a response from the IRCC?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by donteebalo(m): 10:35am On Apr 24
mamawa123:
Has any applicant (with no US visa) who applied in December for a Canadian visitor visa gotten a response from the IRCC?

I guess IRCC are currently on November applicants.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 10:41am On Apr 24
Wonuola111:
Good day my good pple on here, I’m here to give feedback back on a thread I posted about receiving a ppr without biometrics, here is what I’m on with my agent we agreed on meeting at VFS and he will give me the ppr letter and the other documents I will make the submission myself inside before I give him any money, like he said he said the visa is runs that he has inside contact that I will confirm it myself I will collect tracking numbers and receipt myself.

Please ur advice is needed
@ wonuola111. Lemme shock you with something here. Canadian visa is one of the easiest to get in the world and I'd tell you how.

If only you can sit down and patiently read and research about the type of visa you need, you'd call the bluff of those agents who don't even know as much as you do. Most of them come here to tap Information silently and boom...they've turned visa pros. They use a token out of the millions of naira paid to them to buy data, gather documents and pocket the rest and I doubt they spend up to 200k each time sef , doing all these. They'd convince you that it's automatic and make you feel you're in Canada already

Canadian visa doesn't require a face-to-face interview unlike US. Many applicants have a phobia for crowd and in-person interview. Some are afraid of facing the white. Except where necessary ( though rare) , IRCC doesn't need to see your face before adjudicating. This is where you are better off, you just sit down and interview yourself based on the documents you have and information already garnered about your type of visa. If you know your documents are short of acceptability, work on it, don't act in a hurry.

Again, unlike US Visa, your application can be decided in a matter of months. Whereas, usa visa appointment's wait time could take a year or even more. They're always filled per minutes once slots are released. Some Trv applicants may experience this too but very rare.

Canada believes so much in documentation. Get legit ones to back up your application. You can get a Canadian visa on a virgin passport if you're well prepared for it even up to 10 years if your passport is valid for 10yrs.

Travel history counts but not compulsory. Instead of dashing agents who will only dash your hope in the end that millions of naira, why not use that money to go to Kenya, Mauritius, Qatar or any other country? Enjoy your money and come back to apply with legit documents. Invest in your future travels

Lastly, one of the reasons most of you run to all these scammers called agents is proof of funds. Why not approach any of the legit companies offering this service for a token? Google is your friend. They'd run your salary account for you seamlessly for 6 months, they could act as your sponsor as well, depending on your agreement with them. I promise you'd not spend up to 1m naira on commission on interest. Make una try and get sense.

I've made up my mind I'd not comment on this agent matter again but I always feel emotional whenever I read a thing like this. I'm too busy for all that even though writing is part of my hobbies. Pleaee stop patronising agents. Any agent who's not cool with this can always hug a transformater. You guys are evil and nemesis will catch up with you someday .

8 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 10:45am On Apr 24
Levels1:

Accepted.

But when almost everyone here already talked down the FAKE Visa without biometric, I think she should have put an end to it and sort for how to get her money back if she has paid.

I think the purpose of coming here on nairaland is to be informed and be updated but she's not willing so let her pay the Agent of devil as I believe she's Rich

Your right 👍
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 10:45am On Apr 24
dubaiboy1:
No ! I don't believe she is confused , even far from it .. I think she want to have one leg in and one leg out . After all the warnings, she came back asking a new question about a fake Visa which means she is seriously considering going ahead with it .. That bad agent has filled her head with lies but she should have known better when she came here with the first question.

When no be Juju ! A lot of people have advised her against it but she came back asking more questions.

😀😀😎
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 10:49am On Apr 24
Eriokanmi:
@ wonuola111. Lemme shock you with something here. Canadian visa is one of the easiest to get in the world and I'd tell you how.

If only you can sit down and patiently read and research about the type of visa you need, you'd call the bluff of those agents who don't even know as much as you do. Most of them come here to tap Information silently and boom...they've turned visa pros. They use a token out of the millions of naira paid to them to buy data, gather documents and pocket the rest and I doubt they spend up to 200k each time sef , doing all these. They'd convince you that it's automatic and make you feel you're in Canada already

Canadian visa doesn't require a face-to-face interview unlike US. Many applicants have a phobia for crowd and in-person interview. Some are afraid of facing the white. Except where necessary ( though rare) , IRCC doesn't need to see your face before adjudicating. This is where you are better off, you just sit down and interview yourself based on the documents you have and information already garnered about your type of visa. If you know your documents are short of acceptability, work on it, don't act in a hurry.

Again, unlike US Visa, your application can be decided in a matter of months. Whereas, usa visa appointment's wait time could take a year or even more. They're always filled per minutes once slots are released. Some Trv applicants may experience this too but very rare.

Canada believes so much in documentation. Get legit ones to back up your application. You can get a Canadian visa on a virgin passport if you're well prepared for it even up to 10 years if your passport is valid for 10yrs.

Travel history counts but not compulsory. Instead of dashing agents who will only dash your hope in the end that millions of naira, why not use that money to go to Kenya, Mauritius, Qatar or any other country? Enjoy your money and come back to apply with legit documents. Invest in your future travels

Lastly, one of the reasons most of you run to all these scammers called agents is proof of funds. Why not approach any of the legit companies offering this service for a token? Google is your friend. They'd run your salary account for you seamlessly for 6 months, they could act as your sponsor as well, depending on your agreement with them. I promise you'd not spend up to 1m naira on commission on interest. Make una try and get sense.

I've made up my mind I'd not comment on this agent matter again but I always feel emotional whenever I read a thing like this. I'm too busy for all that even though writing is part of my hobbies. Pleaee stop patronising agents. Any agent who's not cool with this can always hug a transformater. You guys are evil and nemesis will catch up with you someday .

@bolded.

You are joking right 😀

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by be4dem(m): 11:08am On Apr 24
My agent said my visa was refused but told me no reason was given....Please I would like to know if it is possible for reasons for refusal not to be stated
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 11:13am On Apr 24
oluayebenz:

@bolded.

You are joking right 😀
No, never! Your experience could be different and that doesn't mean it's same situation across board. All my friends, cousins etc whom I lectured on TRV and express entry got their visa on virgin passports to Canada some years back except one. They had never travelled before that time. The reasons that one was refused were proof of funds and purpose of visit and I told him to work hard and fill the vacuum. You said you wanted to go to Canada for a conference on biohazard but you're an accountant. How's that relevant to your field? He presented a salary account of less than 1m naira closing balance...which officer would approve his visa? I'm not aware of this else, I'd have discouraged him cos he didn't tell me when he was applying, even though he said I'd help vet his documents before submitting

I told him to approach one of these loan companies who ran his statements for 6 months for him for a token. He got a conference on International Accountancy whatever in Winnpeg and apllied. As a matter of fact, it was that company who presented their corporate account and acted as his sponsor though he paid a commission, still very little. They held on to his car as collateral too. He got 3 years, though he's not back since then.

In a similar scenario, I had a friend who was working with a leading insurance company owned by fed govt. He simply approached his boss to write the necessary letters on the letterhead, combined with compulsory docs. He got his TRV. He had never travelled before then.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by donteebalo(m): 11:24am On Apr 24
be4dem:
My agent said my visa was refused but told me no reason was given....Please I would like to know if it is possible for reasons for refusal not to be stated

Not possible! How can they deny you without any reason? You better approach him and see what he packaged for you and your refusal letter.
Atleast every refusal comes with a notification. I pray you’ve not been banned sef due to what he must have cooked and submitted for you. SMH

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by affoncad: 11:27am On Apr 24
Eriokanmi:

Do you still think Canadian visa is one of the easiest to get in the world when thoes that get visa mostly first time traveller are not leaving cliaming asylum or overstay smiley

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Wiseadebiye: 11:29am On Apr 24
Good morning.

Please I need clarification on how to handle a US Visa refusal AFTER (almost 2 months) submitting Canada TRV application when it was stated in the application that there was no previous visa refusal.

Since the application is not yet decided and by the time they are checking, it will show a refusal update.

Please I need your feedback.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mamawa123: 11:33am On Apr 24
donteebalo:

I guess IRCC are currently on November applicants.

Thanks for the info.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 11:36am On Apr 24
Eriokanmi:
No, never! Your experience could be different and that doesn't mean it's same situation across board. All my friends, cousins etc whom I lectured on TRV and express entry got their visa on virgin passports to Canada some years back except one. They had never travelled before that time. The reasons that one was refused were proof of funds and purpose of visit and I told him to work hard and fill the vacuum. You said you wanted to go to Canada for a conference on biohazard but you're an accountant. How's that relevant to your field? He presented a salary account of less than 1m naira closing balance...which officer would approve his visa? I'm not aware of this else, I'd have discouraged him cos he didn't tell me when he was applying, even though he said I'd help vet his documents before submitting

I told him to approach one of these loan companies who ran his statements for 6 months for him for a token. He got a conference on International Accountancy whatever in Winnpeg and apllied. As a matter of fact, it was that company who presented their corporate account and acted as his sponsor though he paid a commission, still very little. They held on to his car as collateral too. He got 3 years, though he's not back since then.

In a similar scenario, I had a friend who was working with a leading insurance company owned by fed govt. He simply approached his boss to write the necessary letters on the letterhead, combined with compulsory docs. He got his TRV. He had never travelled before then.

Your own experiences is always years back.
Because your relatives get it at first try, does that now automatically means Canada visa is the easiest?

Canada visa is one of the hardest to get, thou they have a relaxed immigration last year.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by affoncad: 11:46am On Apr 24
oluayebenz:

Because your relatives get it at first try, does that now automatically means Canada visa is the easiest?

Canada visa is one of the hardest to get, thou they have a relaxed immigration last year.

You are very correct but the relaxed rule last year backfired and it now a political issue with the oppositiion party now using it against the govt with the current high rate of asylum seeker and most arrive on visitor visa ,l dont think canada visa will be easy again!

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ajebogirl: 11:48am On Apr 24
Pls, what do I need to work on in my next application? Home ties or financial aspect? Mind you, now I'm applying for a study visa, not a visitor visa.
Thank you for all you do here.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bosslady101: 12:10pm On Apr 24
Ajebogirl:
Pls, what do I need to work on in my next application? Home ties or financial aspect? Mind you, now I'm applying for a study visa, not a visitor visa.

Sorry about this. Can you share your timeline ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 12:10pm On Apr 24
affoncad:

You are very correct but the relaxed rule last year backfired and it now a political issue with the oppositiion party now using it against the govt with the current high rate of asylum seeker and most arrive on visitor visa ,l dont think canada visa will be easy again!

Truth...

People massively applied for asylum last year especially students.

Canadian government is massively putting all asylum seeker claim under the carpet.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by affoncad: 12:18pm On Apr 24
oluayebenz:

Truth...

People massively applied for asylum last year especially students.

Canadian government is massively putting all asylum seeker claim under the carpet.

Yes, it all turning political issue and it will surely affect many asylum seeker application!

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 12:29pm On Apr 24
Ajebogirl:

Order your GCMS notes to see the visa officer's detailed explanation regarding the main reason for the student visa refusal. Based on the visa officer's comments, you can address the concerns raised and reapply.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by deejay102: 12:47pm On Apr 24
Ashirioluwa:

Below is what they say concerning using false information.

"If you give false information, your application will be refused, and we may also forbid you from entering Canada for at least 5 years."

Atleast 5. This woman’s case isn’t false information too. Anyways let’s hope she wises up and retreat now.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 1:05pm On Apr 24
oluayebenz:

june/july 2022 wasn't far away. The one that was refused over POF apllied first week of September 2022. He reapplied March 2023 and got approved in May.

Whether 3 or 4 years back, Canada visa still follows same standard of adjudication. Like I said, that you found it hard to secure a trv doesn't mean it's same situation across board. That's the hard fact.TRV is one of the easiest,.provided you follow the rules to the letter. Read every info on this thread from the beginning. Lack of adequate information led to so many refusals.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 1:24pm On Apr 24
affoncad:

Do you still think Canadian visa is one of the easiest to get in the world when thoes that get visa mostly first time traveller are not leaving cliaming asylum or overstay smiley
How is this relevant to my post? That people refused to leave Canada doesn't have anything to do with your visa being approved if you do the right thing. No be today people dey claim asylum for Canada. Do you know the meaning of the Letter R in the IRCC acronym? It means Refugees. Its in their programme to harbour refugees who would later claim asylum and later get integrated. But TRVs holders are abusing this when they're not refugees. That doesn't mean Canada won't still approve your visa oo, if you prepare well.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mamawa123: 1:27pm On Apr 24
Eriokanmi:

Canada visas used to be one of the toughest to get for Nigerian passport holders, especially those with no travel history, until things changed recently towards the end of 2022.

In 2022 and 2023, we see that the number of those with no travel history whose visas were approved increases tremendously.

But at any rate, it’s better do it yourself than going through an agent.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eriokanmi: 1:32pm On Apr 24
mamawa123:

Canada visas used to be one of the toughest to get for Nigerian passport holders, especially those with no travel history, until things changed recently towards the end of 2022.

In 2022 and 2023, we see that the number of those with no travel history whose visas were approved increases tremendously.

But at any rate, it’s better do it yourself than going through an agent.
Thanks for affirming this. A lot of people I tutored free of charge got their TRVs in 2022, up to last year May. They've never travelled anywher before. The situation is still same till now. It was just a free seminar to enlighten them during a December 2021 family retreat

My technician who picked up his passport yesterday told me the crowd he saw when he went to submit his passport last Friday was nothing, compared to those he saw yesterday at manor house. He said those submitting passport for stamping forned 2 long queues .

See the notification I received into the admin mail affer he collected his passport. We applied together mid November but mine was approved much earlier cos of the Can Plus advantage.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 2:06pm On Apr 24
Eriokanmi:
june/july 2022 wasn't far away. The one that was refused over POF apllied first week of September 2022. He reapplied March 2023 and got approved in May.

Whether 3 or 4 years back, Canada visa still follows same standard of adjudication. Like I said, that you found it hard to secure a trv doesn't mean it's same situation across board. That's the hard fact.TRV is one of the easiest,.provided you follow the rules to the letter. Read every info on this thread from the beginning. Lack of adequate information led to so many refusals.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by affoncad: 2:15pm On Apr 24
Eriokanmi:
How is this relevant to my post? That people refused to leave Canada doesn't have anything to do with your visa being approved if you do the right thing. No be today people dey claim asylum for Canada. Do you know the meaning of the Letter R in the IRCC acronym? It means Refugees. Its in their programme to harbour refugees who would later claim asylum and later get integrated. But TRVs holders are abusing this when they're not refugees. That doesn't mean Canada won't still approve your visa oo, if you prepare well.

Late 2023, there was a relaxation of rules by ircc for canada visa to process applicants in bulk and clear the backlog. This was the main reason for the high approval rate in 2024. Currently, they have reverted to their normal process of inspecting documents and evaluating applicant intent. Canada visa approval wasn't easy in the past, and we shouldn't use the high approval rate last year as the sole metric to judge the Canada visa processing system. It was a temporary measure that the public and the opposition party are now blaming for the current asylum problem. Go and check the approval rate last year to now especially for first time traveller.and to say current increase in asylum rate will not affect other applicant means you do not know about the politics of the west,if they could suddently impose visa on mexico citizen who are visa free to canada before due to asylum rate so u think they will just fold hand and keep issuing visa in mass when majority that got it are now claiming asylum and it could cost the current govt to lose vote at election..it does not work that way. Every country believe asylum seeker are a burden to the system and you can see currently that uk is planning to send asylum seeker to Rwanda .

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 2:45pm On Apr 24
affoncad:

Late 2023, there was a relaxation of rules by ircc for canada visa to process applicants in bulk and clear the backlog. This was the main reason for the high approval rate in 2024. Currently, they have reverted to their normal process of inspecting documents and evaluating applicant intent. Canada visa approval wasn't easy in the past, and we shouldn't use the high approval rate last year as the sole metric to judge the Canada visa processing system. It was a temporary measure that the public and the opposition party are now blaming for the current asylum problem. Go and check the approval rate last year to now especially for first time traveller.and to say current increase in asylum rate will not affect other applicant means you do not know about the politics of the west,if they could suddently impose visa on mexico citizen who are visa free to canada before due to asylum rate so u think they will just fold hand and keep issuing visa in mass when majority that got it are now claiming asylum and it could cost the current govt to lose vote at election..it does not work that way. Every country believe asylum seeker are a burden to the system and you can see currently that uk is planning to send asylum seeker to Rwanda .

Well said
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Biamoz(m): 2:53pm On Apr 24
I want to submit my application hopefully next month and will book a hotel and flight itinerary for August. Please I need your advice on this. Am asking this because of the processing time
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ednut1(m): 2:57pm On Apr 24
Biamoz:
I want to submit my application hopefully next month and will book a hotel and flight itinerary for August. Please I need your advice on this. Am asking this because of the processing time
you are not really to book hotel and flight for Canada tourist visa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1088) (1089) (1090) (1091) (1092) (1093) (1094) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: olafash(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.