Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,084 members, 7,845,583 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (1110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2374674 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1107) (1108) (1109) (1110) (1111) (1112) (1113) ... (1119) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DabDab(f): 6:23pm On May 14
affoncad:

Congratulation on visa approval based on ur husband student status in canada ,but l want to ask did you not qualify for sowp(spouse open work permit)?

Thank you. My husband is still in Nigeria, his resumption date is Sept 3,2024 in a college. I wasn't able to apply for sowp before it was cancelled for colleges. Only Msc and Phd students can apply for sowp.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DabDab(f): 6:27pm On May 14
deejay102:

Congratulations. Have you checked the procedures on VFS website?? I believe all payments are at the counter at VFS office when submitting the PPs in person. Except you want to courier it then it wont. In any case see the steps for PP submission on the site.

Thank you. I will check the website.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by affoncad: 7:02pm On May 14
DabDab:

Thank you. My husband is still in Nigeria, his resumption date is Sept 3,2024 in a college. I wasn't able to apply for sowp before it was cancelled for colleges. Only Msc and Phd students can apply for sowp.

God will help your husband change to a master's program because as it stands, you can only stay for a maximum of six months as a visitor with no work status. After six months, you must either return home or apply for an extension, which is uncertain. Leaving four children with your husband who is a student, will pose greater challenges, especially when combined with part-time work to pay the bills in A country where u cannt leave child alone in the house.that new law affecting many couples and masters even more expensive. God will help everybody

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DabDab(f): 7:16pm On May 14
affoncad:

God will help your husband change to a master's program because as it stands, you can only stay for a maximum of six months as a visitor with no work status. After six months, you must either return home or apply for an extension, which is uncertain. Leaving four children with your husband who is a student, will pose greater challenges, especially when combined with part-time work to pay the bills in A country where u cannt leave child alone in the house.that new law affecting many couples and masters even more expensive. God will help everybody

Yeah, the plan is for him to change to a master's programme so that I can get sowp. The new law messed up our plans but God is in control.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Doublej805: 7:53pm On May 14
Madam did you use an agent? Or u did it yourself?

DabDab:
My PPR landed yesterday for a family of 5.

I applied for VV and Study visa for my children on March 30th 2024. My husband already have a study visa.

Please, I want to submit my children passport at Vfs lagos. Do I have to pay the transmission fees in their office when I get there on my appointment date?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DabDab(f): 10:11pm On May 14
Doublej805:

I did it myself.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by davelancy: 12:59am On May 15
Grace speaks...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by affoncad: 3:38am On May 15
Doublej805:

The process of obtaining a student visa is relatively straightforward, but it requires substantial funding. Many schools now mandate the payment of the first semester's fees upfront. Additionally, affordable career colleges have stop recuirting international student due to the new rules, and the idea of working to pay tuition is increasingly challenging due to the current job market in Canada, the high cost of living, and the 20-hour work limit for students. Therefore, if you plan to study in Canada, it's crucial to be well-prepared financially. I've observed many students dropping out due to a lack of funds. Despite these challenges, the student and express entry routes remain the best options for relocating to Canada.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Clapaudan: 12:06pm On May 15
November, December, January applicants how far?

Make Unna share timeline ooo

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Clapaudan: 12:10pm On May 15
If this backlog of a thing is real, that which happened in the year 2023 will repeat itself.

Mark my word✓

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olaoluwa83: 12:30pm On May 15
Clapaudan:
If this backlog of a thing is real, that which happened in the year 2023 will repeat itself.

Mark my word✓

Hello,
Please what happened in 2023?
Please can u kindly share for me to learn.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by affoncad: 12:43pm On May 15
Clapaudan:

Mark my word✓

The mass approval of applications in 2022 and 2023 has backfired, resulting in a greater influx of asylum seekers. If you follow the news, you will see that it has become a political issue in Canada, with the opposition using it against the government. This approval method is seen as the main cause of the thousands of asylum seekers now in Canada. The opposition is calling for reform of the asylum process to make it faster and to speed up case processing and deportation. I am 100% sure that the mass approval of visit visa method will never happen again. Instead, they will likely opt for refunding application fees, which the opposition party said should have been done to avoid the current chaos and the associated costs for the government. With only one year until the federal election and current public opinion toward immigration , the current government will not take that risk again!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kumbhuru: 1:12pm On May 15
Taal17:

No such thing as an international drivers license

Each country has its own regulations on which foreign drivers license us accepted in the country for how long.

FRSC issued by Nigeria is fine
Please the one issued by FRSC is valid for how long in the UK?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maziemeka2024: 1:45pm On May 15
OK guys, nov 14 and nothing yet. Please where do I write to and what do I say in the writing.

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by wencius4u: 2:01pm On May 15
Nov 6 i went with has received.
The application was rejected today. I guess they are still treating Nov
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ednut1(m): 2:07pm On May 15
affoncad:

The mass approval of applications in 2022 and 2023 has backfired, resulting in a greater influx of asylum seekers. If you follow the news, you will see that it has become a political issue in Canada, with the opposition using it against the government. This approval method is seen as the main cause of the thousands of asylum seekers now in Canada. The opposition is calling for reform of the asylum process to make it faster and to speed up case processing and deportation. I am 100% sure that the mass approval of visit visa method will never happen again. Instead, they will likely opt for refunding application fees, which the opposition party said should have been done to avoid the current chaos and the associated costs for the government. With only one year until the federal election and current public opinion toward immigration , the current government will not take that risk again!
with the closure of roxham road and other crossings from USA asylum numbers reduced. But some people with links to government have been benefiting from asylum ( hotels, lawyers, food charities, settlement companies etc. Hence they relaxed the visit visa restrictions they used to have. Corruption dey everywhere. 😭
https://globalnews.ca/news/10384149/canada-asylum-seekers-hotel-costs/amp/

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OlajumokeLiz(f): 2:19pm On May 15
Competent Writers needed!!!!!!

If you're good at writing long form fantasy stories (e.g super powers, rare abilities) with intriguing plot twists. Please don't bother if you can't.

Reach to this number on Whatsapp asap: 08146931843
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tblaze007(m): 4:13pm On May 15
wencius4u:
Nov 6 i went with has received.
The application was rejected today. I guess they are still treating Nov

Sorry about that .. What could be the reasons for rejection
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mvphenryeto5: 7:12pm On May 15
Hi guys, one of my friend who is Canada now said he traveled through tourist visa and got a work permit over there through the help of immigration lawyers, how true is this

Note: he already extended his visa and he's been there for two years now
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mvphenryeto5: 7:27pm On May 15
Someone in this thread said you can't work in Canada with a visitor visa

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by deejay102: 7:43pm On May 15
mvphenryeto5:
Someone in this thread said you can't work in Canada with a visitor visa

This does not imply you can work on a Visitors status. It was put in place to apply for and get a work permit from Visitors. I think I understand where you are coming from sha 😃

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mvphenryeto5: 7:45pm On May 15
deejay102:

This does not imply you can work on a Visitors status. It was put in place to apply for and get a work permit from Visitors. I think I understand where you are coming from sha 😃

You mean you won't be allowed to work when you get the work permit with visit visa?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by affoncad: 7:58pm On May 15
mvphenryeto5:

You mean you won't be allowed to work when you get the work permit with visit visa?

You need LMIA to change from visitor to work permit...that Lmia is extremely difficult now and some are now selling it illegally ranging btw 25,000 to 40,000cad!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jeboy(m): 10:19pm On May 15
Because of the four children, she can apply for visitors extension and qualify for a visitors record. She has a very good justification.

affoncad:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jeboy(m): 10:24pm On May 15
The condition is very clear. You must get a valid job offer and apply for work permit before you can. It is an immigration offence to work with a visitors status. No employer will dare it for a visitor because of the consequence on Canada laws.

deejay102:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by affoncad: 1:04am On May 16
Jeboy:
Because of the four children, she can apply for visitors extension and qualify for a visitors record. She has a very good justification.

"Sir, that is not how the law operates. The children are neither Canadian citizens nor permanent residents. When she got the visa, she knew the rules and should be prepared to follow them. The rules state that the spouse of a student who is not pursuing a Master's or PhD cannot live in Canada. Additionally, you explain how those kids will attend school and will make provision for child care and you will return to ur home country to continue working that what you stated when you apply visa . Extending her stay to take care of the kids is classified as child care in Canada, which is considered work. Even if the extension of her visitor status is granted, it could affect her work permit or future application when the spouse gets a PGWP. The rules are changing, and students need to be careful. Some students are currently being denied PGWPs because they did not complete their studies within the term of their visa as stated when applying for the visa.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NowisGod109(f): 6:18am On May 16
sanyaolurilwan:
1. Everything you see on that page are all important and should be filled if it applies to you.

2. The same employment letter that was given to you when you got the job having all the necessary information such as: salary, position, etc. But it's best to attach a company introduction letter to employment letter, i may attach a sample of this letter here.

3. Yes, you should use the electronically generated bank statement for your application, especially if its signed.

RE: VISITOR VISA APPLICATION FOR OUR MANAGING DIRECTOR, Bleep Bleep Bleep
This is to confirm that Mrs. Bleep Bleep Bleep , Female, Muslim, Nigeria Citizen, Passport No: B****** is the Managing Director of Bleep Bleep Bleep.
She has authorized the issuance of this letter to introduce herself to your esteemed embassy. She has proposed to embark on a trip to Canada and she requires a visitor visa to enable her entry.
She is applying for a visit purpose, Her reason is to attend her younger brother’s graduation ceremony which will take place between the 7th and 8th of February, 2024. All necessary arrangements regarding the trip, all logistics/ travel plan and itinerary have been concluded for her visit to Toronto, Canada within the period of 4th February to 11th February, 2024.
She will cover all her travel expenses such as Flight Tickets, Hotel Accommodation, Transportation, Feeding, etc.) Incurred during her stay in the Canada.

Yours Faithfully,

N.B: Please remember to include all necessary information about you that relates to your employment in your letter such as: date of employment, current position and salary, it should also be included in the letter that the company had granted you your annual leave during this period and you are to go and return for you to resume your official duties (This is very important).

Wish you the best.

What if I'm self employed, I mean to have a registered business and I haven't been paying myself salary but I make transactions with my personal and business account?

Thanks sir
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ndubestjude: 6:22am On May 16
The visa was refused since last year November bt the agent didn't even tell me, bt I was pressuring them to send screenshots of the portal but just yesterday they sent me this heart breaking news

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ndubestjude: 9:04am On May 16
My visa was ms refused since November last year but my agents didn't even tell me, bt I was pressuring him to send me de screenshot of the portal but which he later sent yesterday, and it ws denied since last year November

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mamawa123: 9:32am On May 16
mvphenryeto5:

You can work if you’ve work permit. But how to get the work permit is the main issue.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mvphenryeto5: 10:36am On May 16
mamawa123:

You can work if you’ve work permit. But how to get the work permit is the main issue.

The guy said there are immigration lawyers in Canada that does that with a fee
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cosade(m): 10:58am On May 16
mvphenryeto5:

The guy said there are immigration lawyers in Canada that does that with a fee

lol 😂

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1107) (1108) (1109) (1110) (1111) (1112) (1113) ... (1119) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: donteebalo(m), Opeyemi007, Demmybim, Ojoboak(m), omega2128(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.