Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2328352 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (1103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 5:16pm On Aug 15, 2017
lexxydoo:
Hi everyone. I'm applying for a visitor visa but I do not have a well off bank statement. I met someone who said he can upgrade the bank statement for me at a reasonable price and all he needs is my bank statement for a year. He also assured me the embassy won't contact my bank to validate the statement. I want to enquire if this is a good idea. Thanks.

Please DON'T DO IT!

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mesh2003(f): 5:28pm On Aug 15, 2017
BYACHEM:
Good Day my people, For the option of online application, while filling the TRV form ( IMM5257) , please how will i go about the signature of applicant and date...should i leave that part empty? please i need the experience of people with online application option. Thank you.

Not sure which form though. If its the family form just leave it. If its the main TRV application form, after filling the form you will need to validate it by clicking on "validate" on the top right corner. You don't need to sign it.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BYACHEM: 6:23pm On Aug 15, 2017
mesh2003:

Thank you so much. for purpose of travel and itinerary questions part , i am currently a student, please what can i upload there?

Not sure which form though. If its the family form just leave it. If its the main TRV application form, after filling the form you will need to validate it by clicking on "validate" on the top right corner. You don't need to sign it.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mesh2003(f): 7:04pm On Aug 15, 2017
[quote author=BYACHEM post=59505503][/quote]

Purpose of travel is why do you plan on visiting Canada. What do you want to do?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mesh2003(f): 7:06pm On Aug 15, 2017
[quote author=BYACHEM post=59505503][/quote]

Write a detailed plan of your visit. Places you intend to visit and all. If you have a hotel booking and flight reservation, this is where you would upload it.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BYACHEM: 7:37pm On Aug 15, 2017
mesh2003:

Through invite letter , so no hotel booking. for the flight reservation... can i upload the flight schedule of the date am traveling, since no payment yet.

Write a detailed plan of your visit. Places you intend to visit and all. If you have a hotel booking and flight reservation, this is where you would upload it.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mesh2003(f): 8:44pm On Aug 15, 2017
[quote author=BYACHEM post=59507522][/quote]

Even if you have an invite letter, what is the purpose of your trip? I know some people provide a day to day activities and what they will be doing in Canada. When I invited my mum for my graduation. I uploaded my graduation invitation as her purpose of travel and on the IV letter I wrote she would stay for a couple of weeks afterwards cos I had not seen her in 2 years.Yes you can upload your flight itinerary/reservation. They advise you don't pay for a ticket until your visa is approved.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by boykas(m): 1:18am On Aug 16, 2017
Pls sir, I wish to travel to the canada with my son only.
Am married and I have a boy and girl, all I have is my OND in business studies and invalid international passport which will be renew by next week.

Pls I want to know how I can get start and the document involve. Pls help me
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by deejay102: 3:27am On Aug 16, 2017
mesh2003:

Even if you have an invite letter, what is the purpose of your trip? I know some people provide a day to day activities and what they will be doing in Canada. When I invited my mum for my graduation. I uploaded my graduation invitation as her purpose of travel and on the IV letter I wrote she would stay for a couple of weeks afterwards cos I had not seen her in 2 years.Yes you can upload your flight itinerary/reservation. They advise you don't pay for a ticket until your visa is approved.

I tried to reserve a flight for itinerary purposes but it requested filling in credit card details on flighthub. How can I reserve a ticket and have the pdf itinerary without paying for it please?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mizGene(f): 1:43pm On Aug 16, 2017
Hi guys... Please any news from the may applicants? Just wondering really cos I applied early June and looking at withdrawing my application by month end....

Has anyone received their passport recently and when was d application submitted?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by JinkelTrucks: 1:50pm On Aug 16, 2017
I think LELEKY has received response from VO but decided not to share it but before he was angry when other MAY applicant didn't update us on the forum. Anyway congrat Leleky as I believe VO office are still in early MAY.

I applied 19th June so maybe next month.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 2:09pm On Aug 16, 2017
Leleky:
God is good and may His name be praised.

Been almost 30hrs now, nothing yet from you.... Imagine! And you have visited this thread severally since oh. It's your turn to let the May applicants know what's up, kindly do

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mesh2003(f): 5:23pm On Aug 16, 2017
deejay102:

I tried to reserve a flight for itinerary purposes but it requested filling in credit card details on flighthub. How can I reserve a ticket and have the pdf itinerary without paying for it please?

Go straight to the airlines website.I reserved on air France and Ethiopia airlines. They don't require that you put in credit card details. Just choose the option of paying in their office. its valid for 2 days or so. Don't bother about the duration of the validity. Just reserve, save on your desktop and upload. They know its not a confirmed ticket cos they don't require you to pay for one b4 you get your visa.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mesh2003(f): 5:23pm On Aug 16, 2017
deejay102:

Sorry for the late response. Time difference.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mesh2003(f): 5:26pm On Aug 16, 2017
boykas:
Pls sir, I wish to travel to the canada with my son only.
Am married and I have a boy and girl, all I have is my OND in business studies and invalid international passport which will be renew by next week.

Pls I want to know how I can get start and the document involve. Pls help me

Go to the link---- http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/ and read it. Try and do the eligibility test. At the end of it, it will tell you all the documents you need to put in place. From there, you can come to the house if you have any questions or confused about anything.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by deejay102: 5:54pm On Aug 16, 2017
mesh2003:

Go straight to the airlines website.I reserved on air France and Ethiopia airlines. They don't require that you put in credit card details. Just choose the option of paying in their office. its valid for 2 days or so. Don't bother about the duration of the validity. Just reserve, save on your desktop and upload. They know its not a confirmed ticket cos they don't require you to pay for one b4 you get your visa.

Great.. Thanks for the information
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by rinw: 6:56pm On Aug 16, 2017
mesh2003:

Hi mesh, please kindly clarify, u mean we don't have to sign those PDF forms for the online route. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mesh2003(f): 7:09pm On Aug 16, 2017
rinw:

Hi mesh, please kindly clarify, u mean we don't have to sign those PDF forms for the online route. Thanks

You have to validate the form on your computer, save and upload. The family form if you are going to visit family doesn't need to be signed. Put applicants name on the space requested below each page. That's its.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BYACHEM: 7:17pm On Aug 16, 2017
Good Day my people, for the online TRV application option it is clear now that we do not to sign below, please what about the date part too ? please urgent reply.

mesh2003:
Thanks . Please what do mean by the space requested below each page ?

You have to validate the form on your computer, save and upload. The family form if you are going to visit family doesn't need to be signed. Put applicants name on the space requested below each page. That's its.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mesh2003(f): 8:57pm On Aug 16, 2017
[quote author=BYACHEM post=59540289][

there is a place where you verify that the information you are giving is factual, complete and accurate. You put in your name there and date and at the end of the other pages if they apply to you.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5645E.pdf
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bekeee(f): 7:25am On Aug 17, 2017
Good morning house pls advise if one is being sponsored by his company to attend business meetings for a few days will he/she still need his bank statement or just that of the company alone?? Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cascas: 8:34am On Aug 17, 2017
Bekeee:
Good morning house pls advise if one is being sponsored by his company to attend business meetings for a few days will he/she still need his bank statement or just that of the company alone?? Thanks

Since you would be sponsored by your company, I think your company bank statement would suffice and not your own bank statement, copies of your 2/3 months payslip and a letter of explanation from your company to validate your application.
That's my own understanding sha, i stand to be corrected and gurus in the house could advise further, best of luck bekeee

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Johnmark247: 10:45am On Aug 17, 2017
maternal:

Yes I live in canada and have dealt with immigration for years. I'm currently dealing with them actually.

Hello, I've put in for a Canada visit visa and would love to have your contact either fb, email or any other so as to have your professional immigration assistance in my legal residence. Pls reply urgent.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BYACHEM: 11:12am On Aug 17, 2017
Good Day my people, for the online TRV application option it is clear now that we do not to sign below, please what about the date part too ? please urgent reply.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nifeicon: 11:33am On Aug 17, 2017
Good day family,
Its great to know that good things are still happening here.
Well-done to all that have kept it alive.

Just to let you know and ask for your support.
I applied for my mother and son to visit me for my graduation but the process was long and graduation days past. Submitted Paper route on 8th of May.
They were delayed on the 11th of August.

Kindly assist with how we can get the GCMS. Saw several links on the forum but dont know how to go about it.

Thank you in anticipation and God bless you all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BYACHEM: 12:25pm On Aug 17, 2017
Hallo my people for the online application (digital photo part )Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540. Quality/resolution If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch. PLease what is the exact size , people with online experience. Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BYACHEM: 12:29pm On Aug 17, 2017
DONE. Thank you

BYACHEM:
Hallo my people for the online application (digital photo part )Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540. Quality/resolution If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch. PLease what is the exact size , people with online experience. Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by JinkelTrucks: 12:51pm On Aug 17, 2017
nifeicon:
Good day family,
Its great to know that good things are still happening here.
Well-done to all that have kept it alive.

Just to let you know and ask for your support.
I applied for my mother and son to visit me for my graduation but the process was long and graduation days past. Submitted Paper route on 8th of May.
They were delayed on the 11th of August.

Kindly assist with how we can get the GCMS. Saw several links on the forum but dont know how to go about it.

Thank you in anticipation and God bless you all.

What do you mean by THEY ARE DELAYED on the 11th August? Do you mean to say approved?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bekeee(f): 1:06pm On Aug 17, 2017
cascas:

Since you would be sponsored by your company, I think your company bank statement would suffice and not your own bank statement, copies of your 2/3 months payslip and a letter of explanation from your company to validate your application.
That's my own understanding sha, i stand to be corrected and gurus in the house could advise further, best of luck bekeee

Thanks a lot Cascas..still awaiting advise from other gurus in the house. Please respond oooo
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BYACHEM: 1:38pm On Aug 17, 2017
The space requested below for signature is not highlighted so i cannot even type there but only the date can be type on. Any similar experience house?

mesh2003:

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (1103) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: deejay102, chiomapx(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.