Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,320 members, 7,860,770 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:57 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2404708 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (1130) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sisikemo: 5:39pm On Aug 27, 2018
APPROVAL ALERT

Sorry this is coming late. I've also been an observer on this thread as well. i was supposed to share with the house but i've been very busy lately plus i wanted to hold the visa in my hand first to see for myself..lool (because CIC people are always surprising us) but after i saw what @mackano wrote i decided to just sharing pending the arrival of my passport.

Program- MBA
School- University of New Brunswick

Timeline.
i applied on June 9th
Biometric letter came in June 13th
Biometric done June 14th at VFS Lagos
Medical request August 14th
medicals done August 17th at IOM ikeja
medicals updated to pass August 19th
Passport request August 23rd
Submitted my Passport August 24th at vfs and i was told to cexpect it in 5-10 working days of which im currently waiting for at the moment

Documents submitted:
My Dad's SOA because he is my sponsor (sufficient one)
1.My transcript,
2. BSC certificate,
3. letter of sponsorship signed by my dad,
4.WAEC result,
5 Call to Bar Certificate and CV,
6. SOP (the SOP i used was the one i wrote for my school in other to get admission there, i did not know i was supposed to write a different SOP for Visa,
7. Admission letter,
8.Acceptance deposit of 1k (i did not pay tuition before applying)and passport bio data page.

i finished uni in 2015, then i went to law school, finished in 2016, finished NYSC in December last year and as that time i submitted my application i was not working then. All in all i forgot to submit a lot of things like police certificate and all, i did not even put home ties or submit any information on my siblings or any other thing. when i joined this thread i discovered i did not submit a lot of things and my application looked watery to me and i was scared cause a friend who is an agent did my application for me for free so i was getting jittery.

But regardless i believe that it was just God that helped me out because i was already losing hope. To all the TRV hopefuls it will definitely end in praise. this last week of august will not pass anyone by. there shall be no denials or deferrals just positive vibes only. Thanks to everyone that contributed in this group, i've really learnt a lot.

@jibola, Ralph Daniels, Onyi, Dami, Ruth and Florence, kingfintan it will definitely end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeelo2014: 5:56pm On Aug 27, 2018
iamosamede55:

Were you able to resolve your biometrics issue??
Nothing yet. Raised a CSE and sent an email to Accra. It's over 3 weeks now. How about you?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by beeveepee: 9:33pm On Aug 27, 2018
kelebanks:
Hi guys, please is one required to book for another appointment at Vfs for the submission of passport.
No...... at least not at Abuja VFS.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 10:37pm On Aug 27, 2018
beeveepee:

No...... at least not at Abuja VFS.

That should be a walk-in.... Never heard of appointment being made to do this, whether in Lagos or Abuja.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sexymj(f): 11:47am On Aug 28, 2018
Please has anyone with PR status applied for visiting visa for a parent,
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iamosamede55: 5:53pm On Aug 29, 2018
zeelo2014:

Nothing yet. Raised a CSE and sent an email to Accra. It's over 3 weeks now. How about you?
Still no update from CSE, however i got this feedback from their social media team to make payment for biometrics and upload the receipt through my online application or through the webform. I think that may be more practical

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hallly: 7:14pm On Aug 29, 2018
sexymj:
Please has anyone with PR status applied for visiting visa for a parent,

What do you want to know?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrchemist(m): 11:50am On Aug 30, 2018
Congratulations please landed documents submitted was it original or photocopies
bigheadday:

Hi Judyytee, pls I will like to get some information from you as I want to apply for a family visa this week. I sent u a PM. Pls respond so I can talk to you. Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrchemist(m): 11:56am On Aug 30, 2018
Congratulations landed properties used was it original or photocopies. Thanks
Heledy:

Docs used
1. Conference invitation paid for
2. 2 land properties
3.statement of account(personal) balance of 4m
4.marriage cerificate
5.and vfs docs
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sexymj(f): 9:30am On Aug 31, 2018
Documents that can stregthen d application e.g proof of ties, etc and how long d process took.

hallly:

What do you want to know?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nampofo: 10:33am On Aug 31, 2018
Biometrics is done once in 10 years.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hallly: 1:08pm On Aug 31, 2018
sexymj:
Documents that can stregthen d application e.g proof of ties, etc and how long d process took.

Application for my mum; documents submitted:

Her marriage certificate
Birth certificate of her daughter below 18 yrs
Her letter of employment
Letter of introduction from employer and payslip

My PR card
My 4 months payslips
My 4 months statement of account
My birth certificate to proof relationship
Letter of invitation
Letter from employer.

Was an online application. Took about 18 days from date of application to passport request.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by emeijeh(m): 3:53pm On Aug 31, 2018
vcole:
Hi y'all. My mom's visa was issued and passport collected today. Applied via paper route @ vfs Lagos on March 14th.

Hi.
Good evening.
I see you are grounded in travels.
Can you please tell me what it will take to relocate a family of 3 to Canada?
Every details.

Thanks boss
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by duvocharrison: 10:38pm On Sep 02, 2018
juddytee:
All thanks to God. Its approval alert!

Applied on 29 June paper route
Biometric same day
Passport ready for collection 16 July.

I came down to Lagos to submit my application for myself and two kids but I was asked to come back on the 18 July based on appointment but I pleaded with them at vfs that I already booked my flight back to my base they now accepted it. So I ran out of cash after the visa fee. And I could not pay for the courier to send it to me. I came in today to Lagos to pick up the passport and it was approved.

Document submitted hello juddtee pls I reach pls reply with any contact plssss very very urgent.thanks

Statement of account
Pension statement
Letter of introduction from children school
Marriage certificate
Letter from my hubby
Hubby statement of account
TB certificate
Leave approval from office
Landed document
Invitation letter
All CIC forms

And all the information I got here God bless

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeelo2014: 11:51pm On Sep 02, 2018
iamosamede55:

Still no update from CSE, however i got this feedback from their social media team to make payment for biometrics and upload the receipt through my online application or through the webform. I think that may be more practical
Thanks for sharing. I did just that, keeping fingers crossed till whenever they feel like responding.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by xkunzo(m): 8:17pm On Sep 03, 2018
pls guys i am having issues online application for electronic signature after you completed the form... i cant sign on it .. also family information form too i can sign.. i have validate it ... but family form own no place to validate it
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sexymj(f): 10:54pm On Sep 03, 2018
oh wow!

hallly:

Her marriage certificate
Her letter of employment

My PR card
My 4 months payslips
Letter of invitation
Letter from employer.

Was an online application. Took about 18 days from date of application to passport request.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iamosamede55: 11:16pm On Sep 03, 2018
zeelo2014:

Thanks for sharing. I did just that, keeping fingers crossed till whenever they feel like responding.
They’ll respond, they eventually sent the biometrics letter after i made the payment and submitted via the webform
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sexymj(f): 11:23pm On Sep 03, 2018
oh wow

hallly:

Her marriage certificate
Her letter of employment

My PR card
My 4 months payslips
Letter of invitation
Letter from employer.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeelo2014: 8:06pm On Sep 04, 2018
iamosamede55:

They’ll respond, they eventually sent the biometrics letter after i made the payment and submitted via the webform
Received the letter yesterday, finally.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeelo2014: 8:09pm On Sep 04, 2018
xkunzo:
pls guys i am having issues online application for electronic signature after you completed the form... i cant sign on it .. also family information form too i can sign.. i have validate it ... but family form own no place to validate it
what form is that? I know there's one u don't need to sign, just type ur name and that's it.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 4:47am On Sep 05, 2018
xkunzo:

You are fine with the forms that is how they should be
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by xkunzo(m): 9:18am On Sep 05, 2018
ladylco:

You are fine with the forms that is how they should be

ok thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by abnoble: 12:49pm On Sep 06, 2018
Good morning gurus in the house please...my uncle applied for Canada visa since last month and up till now he has been tracking it and was told it's under process....was suprised he called me yesterday that he received a text quote
Dear Mr. Abcd,TRV:20180723CALATR..........
Your visa application in Canadian Deputy High Commission,Lagos is in
progress.
You are to send 3 months Travelling Insurance before 07-09-2018 through our email.
preferably AXA Mansard.

Best Regards,
Caen Rosalie,
TRV section,
Lagos Nigeria.
And he HAS submitted before...so he called the man helping him to process it and he was like it will cost him 36k...so I advised him to go get it himself...which he did..the man was later calling him he should bring 30k...then It dawn on me that something is wrong...he later called me that he has been trying to call the man that he has scanned it to him but the man has not been picking his calls...so my question is DOES THE CANADIAN EMBASSY SEND TEXT MESSAGES? PLS I NEED URGENT REPLY...THANKS IN ADVANCE...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 1:02pm On Sep 06, 2018
abnoble:

Good morning gurus in the house please...my uncle applied for Canada visa since last month and up till now he has been tracking it and was told it's under process....was suprised he called me yesterday that he received a text quote
Dear Mr. Abcd,TRV:20180723CALATR..........
Your visa application in Canadian Deputy High Commission,Lagos is in
progress.
You are to send 3 months Travelling Insurance before 07-09-2018 through our email.
preferably AXA Mansard.

Best Regards,
Caen Rosalie,
TRV section,
Lagos Nigeria.
And he HAS submitted before...so he called the man helping him to process it and he was like it will cost him 36k...so I advised him to go get it himself...which he did..the man was later calling him he should bring 30k...then It dawn on me that something is wrong...he later called me that he has been trying to call the man that he has scanned it to him but the man has not been picking his calls...so my question is DOES THE CANADIAN EMBASSY SEND TEXT MESSAGES? PLS I NEED URGENT REPLY...THANKS IN ADVANCE...

This application is a paper route type, Abi? What number sent the message? What is he applying for that requires Travel Insurance? And of course that price he quoted is almost double what the insurance will even take....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by abnoble: 1:39pm On Sep 06, 2018
Yes it's paper route type...this is the number that sent the message 20180723....he's applying for visitors visa.....the thing is that he has gotten the insurance...but the email to send it to was not even given...and I really smell scam..because he did aiico insurance when he submitted his application....but what do you advise him to do.....is there no other way he could track his visa processing?.....thanks so much for your prompt reply....

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (1130) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Anguldi(m), lanresz(m), williamszooh and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.