Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,666 members, 7,823,884 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (433) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2335521 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) ... (1107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gbawee: 2:52pm On Sep 30, 2021
Good morning:

I have a question and it's quite urgent...

Trying to apply for my Mum's tourist visa (applying from Inside Canada as a PR). Now, for the main 'purpose of visit', should i pick Other or Visit Family? Note that if I pick Other, the checklist of documents doesn't include Proof of relationship.

Thank you very much
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gbawee: 3:55pm On Sep 30, 2021
Thanks for this. I tried to do this for my mum today and the purpose of travel just has 'Other', is it the same? Although on the Application Form itself, I made sure to put main purpose of visit as 'Other' and then added covid-19.

Just want to be sure I am doing the right thing

TBDL:
2 ways that come to mind that could answer or match the statement " you already told us that you qualify for a COVID-19 exemption"
a. during your visitor visa application, you must have indicated "other-COVID-19" under your purpose of travel
b. you must have also informed IRCC through the "webform link/ email" informing them of how you qualify for the non-discretionary travel criteria.

Others can also chip in. check through previously attached link for more detailed info.

p.S your surest bet on any info put out here is to match it with info you find on IRCC website.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gbawee: 4:55pm On Sep 30, 2021
For the 'Purpose of visit' (both on the questionnaire and on the Application form), what did you select? 'Visit Family' or 'Other'?

Motheexplorer:
Yes I applied for a visit visa & no reuniting under Canadian laws does not mean travelling to be with someone permanently. I'll explain.

Ideally, if you apply for a Canadian visit visa, your wait time should be anything between 300-400 days (I have no idea what the current wait time is saying). However, the Canadian government has given concession to a certain group of people & are saying we can expedite your visa process if you fall under certain categories. The categories are listed in the link below and documentation you are required to upload as proof too. I fall under the category of extended family member of a Canadian citizen & I was able to get my visa faster that normal because of this. They are big on family and they understand a lot of us have probably not seen our siblings/spouses/kids/parents in over a year due to covid. What they are pretty much saying is if you call under any of these categories, then we will make your visa process faster and let you in.

Here's the link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html

If you don't fall under any of the categories then you'll have to wait like everyone else.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by afrischolars1: 6:39pm On Sep 30, 2021
teedarling:
Hello Guys,

Please am about applying for Tourist visa and also start the process of Express Entry.
Can I proceed with both application at the same time ?

I heard from a source that Creating an Express Entry profile may lead to tourist visa denial.
@Oluayebenz @Megastu
Please help.
Thanks

It's not a good idea to create an EE profile when applying for a TRV. It will hurt your TRV. If you're in doubt read the case in the link below:
https://canlii.ca/t/hxkbh
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrprolifik: 8:08pm On Sep 30, 2021
afrischolars1:

It's not a good idea to create an EE profile when applying for a TRV. It will hurt your TRV. If you're in doubt read the case in the link below:
https://canlii.ca/t/hxkbh

I dont agree with you. This is because I applied for a Canadian trv this year and before my application I already had an Express entry profile and yet i was issued the Visa.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zigzig: 8:40pm On Sep 30, 2021
mrprolifik:

I dont agree with you. This is because I applied for a Canadian trv this year and before my application I already had an Express entry profile and yet i was issued the Visa.

Please, guide me on how to go about applying for a visit visa, I will qualify under the extended family category.

I plan to start the application by next week, but I need a guide to make it successful.

How to fill the forms correctly and what document to upload as proof of ties on my late dad's property as am the one collecting rent and doing maintenance( I only have the building plan and it still in my late dad's name)

Thank you in anticipation of your response.

Everyone is free to contribute here , I will appreciate .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gracecheller: 11:29am On Oct 01, 2021
mrprolifik:

Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gracecheller: 11:29am On Oct 01, 2021
zigzig:

Please, guide me on how to go about applying for a visit visa, I will qualify under the extended family category.

I plan to start the application by next week, but I need a guide to make it successful.

How to fill the forms correctly and what document to upload as proof of ties on my late dad's property as am the one collecting rent and doing maintenance( I only have the building plan and it still in my late dad's name)

Thank you in anticipation of your response.

Everyone is free to contribute here , I will appreciate .

Get a letter of administration for the build g plan
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by caseynewnn: 1:10pm On Oct 01, 2021
gbawee:
Good morning:

I have a question and it's quite urgent...

Trying to apply for my Mum's tourist visa (applying from Inside Canada as a PR). Now, for the main 'purpose of visit', should i pick Other or Visit Family? Note that if I pick Other, the checklist of documents doesn't include Proof of relationship.
Pls what link did u use in applying for your mum's Visa

Thank you very much
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zigzig: 1:44pm On Oct 01, 2021
gracecheller:

Get a letter of administration for the build g plan

Thanks for your input. I have searched for sample but noting reasonable came up, do u have a draft for that.

And someone suggested power of attorney.what do you think about that.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Teau: 12:19am On Oct 02, 2021
Hello Everyone,

Please what documents can i upload for "proof of travel exemption" when applying for TRV for my immediate family members.

Please note i am an international student with 2minor kids.
Has any one recently applied for any immediate family's TRV while studying here.

Regards
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by davodyguy: 2:48am On Oct 02, 2021
zigzig:

Thanks for your input. I have searched for sample but noting reasonable came up, do u have a draft for that.

Obtaining a 'letter of Administration' is not you writing a letter or getting a draft of it.

LA is usually issued by High Court in the state where the property is domiciled and issued to the Administrators of a property owner, who died intestate.

Intestate means a property owner that died without a will and in order for his assets to be administered, there's a need for letter of administration.

It's a very long process that involves documentation.

I started one in 2013 and only obtained in in February, 2020

It is also not cheap.

The property would be valued and you'll pay certain percentage of the value to the government, as well as other processing fees
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zigzig: 9:39am On Oct 02, 2021
davodyguy:

Obtaining a 'letter of Administration' is not you writing a letter or getting a draft of it.

LA is usually issued by High Court in the state where the property is domiciled and issued to the Administrators of a property owner, who died intestate.

Intestate means a property owner that died without a will and in order for his assets to be administered, there's a need for letter of administration.

It is also not cheap.

The property would be valued and you'll pay certain percentage of the value to the government, as well as other processing fees

Thanks for your contribution.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Motheexplorer: 1:32pm On Oct 02, 2021
Sorry just getting to this. Hopefully not too late.

Honestly, my first application mirrored my second. The only difference was my travel dates. I didn’t change anything. I was going to visit my brother with my family. The only additional difference was my husband had been issued a Canadian visa and I hadn’t. So change in travel dates and a copy of my husbands visa, that’s all.

You don’t “write” exemption anywhere you just put that in your letter of explanation/cover letter. Make sure you use words like family reunion etc.

Yes the webform was filled and submitted separately.

Authorization is not a separate request it comes along side your visa approval.

Honestly I feel whatever you have in your cover letter is what will work along side other documentation you are uploading on the webform. For example our had a birth certificates to prove we were siblings and a detailed quarantine plan too.

Yes on the application form IMM5257 there is “purpose of my visit”, you chose “other” and then write/type “COVID-19” in the other column.

galala123:
Back again!

Please how do I distinguish this application from the previous one? Where do I write exemption, etc. Will the web form be filled and submitted separately?

How do I request authorisation. They said they may issue it simultaneously if your application is approved. Is there any specific trigger I need to put in the application to ensure it goes into the intended pool?

I started the application but quite confused as it's looking like my previous application. Plan to fill the application forms tomorrow.

Thanks.

I've been going through their website and it seems to be taking me round and round in circles. I might be missing something.

Is there a place in the TRV form where one will put Covid-19 exemption now? Or by looking at your application, will they know from the letter of invitation, evidence of relationship, etc?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Motheexplorer: 1:35pm On Oct 02, 2021
Selected “other” & then typed out “COVID-19” on the “ other” section. I think this is what bumps your application to priority.

gbawee:
For the 'Purpose of visit' (both on the questionnaire and on the Application form), what did you select? 'Visit Family' or 'Other'?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Motheexplorer: 1:38pm On Oct 02, 2021
You are most welcome! I got all my answers from here tbh & started reading the thread from July 2020 till date, making notes along the way. Just paying it forward.
borvick:
God bless you madam for your time to explain in this platform. Your responses have answered many other questions that we need to ask. Keep it up ma.

Motheexplorer

Yes I did. I resubmitted a regular visit visa application with all the necessary requirements; bank statements, filled all the forma again etc. AND submitted these additional documents (to expedite my visa process) via the webform.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fortuneforever: 4:31pm On Oct 02, 2021
Got a response thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Draybaba0103(m): 4:56pm On Oct 02, 2021
@Motheexplorer, can someone who has PR sibling in Canada and is already married, apply for both family reunions. I mean both siblings are married and she wants to apply together with her spouse and children.
Motheexplorer:
Selected “other” & then typed out “COVID-19” on the “ other” section. I think this is what bumps your application to priority.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Draybaba0103(m): 5:39pm On Oct 02, 2021
Motheexplorer:
You are most welcome! I got all my answers from here tbh & started reading the thread from July 2020 till date, making notes along the way. Just paying it forward.
I send you an email, kindly respond.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ayoola212: 7:02pm On Oct 02, 2021
Hello everyone
I got a dose of sinopharm vaccine last month and it is not yet accepted for tourist visa to Canada, pls do I get astra-zeneca vaccine or wait till sinopharm will be verified and accepted by Canada for tourist travellers??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by borvick(f): 9:50pm On Oct 02, 2021
Please teach me how to get, fill and submit a webform. Thanks��

Motheexplorer
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by galala123(m): 10:23pm On Oct 02, 2021
Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately, I already submitted. I changed it to family visit as tourism that was selected in the previous application.

I don't know whether to reapply or send a webform. However, I didn't see anywhere in the guidance notes where they specifically mentioned that we should write covid-19 although it feels like déjà vu. The only thing I saw was to make sure to include previous application details which were all stated in the submission letter.

Can you please help pin point where where it was mentioned on CIC website if any? This will help me decide my next line of action.

I have not sent the webform. I don't even know whether to request for authorization as the impression I have is that the request is implied upon re-applying. In fact, discretionary travel is now allowed and as such, what is the need for the letter of authorization? It appears to be at best, a key to signify the travel is non-discretionary (i.e. distinguish non-discretionary travelers from others). Now everyone with visa seems to be able to travel although there always seem to be a disconnect as the airlines may still be asking for the letter. I may send a webform after waiting a while with no movement or updates.

Lastly, now that visitors are allowed to enter, is the letter of authorization still required? I thought the essence of the September 7 further opening was to allow visitors as usual with quarantine requirements subject to covid-19 immunization status.

Please seeking your opinion on the issues observed. The more I read, the more confused I become.

Below from their website:

"Travel restriction exemptions for those departing from the U.S. or countries other than the U.S.
Fully vaccinated foreign nationals
Foreign nationals do not need to be travelling for a non-discretionary purpose if they have proof that they are fully vaccinated. Fully vaccinated travellers do not need written authorization from IRCC. Foreign nationals who are not fully vaccinated still need to be travelling for a non-discretionary purpose or meet an exemption."

Meanwhile I read so many conflicting messages (One line, they say you need don't need travel authorization and then the next line they say you do!) from IRCC here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/travel-restrictions.html.

See from same page below (September 9 Release):

Recommended documentation for travel
Documentation showing their immediate family member’s temporary resident status and their relationship to that family member, and written authorization from IRCC:

Copy of the immediate family member’s work permit, study permit, temporary resident permit, or visitor record (please note that a visitor record may not be suitable to meet an exemption in all circumstances)
Documentation showing the foreign national’s relationship to the family member in Canada
Written authorization from an IRCC officer.

Let me rest my head. The IRCC staff may become confused with all these rules as I am which may lead to subjectivity and varied interpretation as they have to push files off their desk.

Anyway, I've submitted again and the bullet has left the gun barrel again!

Thanks a lot.

Motheexplorer:
Sorry just getting to this. Hopefully not too late.

Honestly, my first application mirrored my second. The only difference was my travel dates. I didn’t change anything. I was going to visit my brother with my family. The only additional difference was my husband had been issued a Canadian visa and I hadn’t. So change in travel dates and a copy of my husbands visa, that’s all.

You don’t “write” exemption anywhere you just put that in your letter of explanation/cover letter. Make sure you use words like family reunion etc.

Yes the webform was filled and submitted separately.

Authorization is not a separate request it comes along side your visa approval.

Honestly I feel whatever you have in your cover letter is what will work along side other documentation you are uploading on the webform. For example our had a birth certificates to prove we were siblings and a detailed quarantine plan too.

Yes on the application form IMM5257 there is “purpose of my visit”, you chose “other” and then write/type “COVID-19” in the other column.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gracecheller: 4:28pm On Oct 03, 2021
zigzig:

Lawyers are the ones to direct you. Quite expensive though. Also search on NL on how to go
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gracecheller: 4:32pm On Oct 03, 2021
davodyguy:

It is also not cheap.

Wow. Quite long. I got mine in weeks though
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by davodyguy: 4:36pm On Oct 03, 2021
gracecheller:

Wow. Quite long. I got mine in weeks though
Which state?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by timmyfg: 8:36am On Oct 04, 2021
Dear House.

I earlier mentioned that I submitted a visitor visa since February 27, 2020 to visit my younger brother in Canada but the status is still showing pending
I know that due to the covid19 pandemic the visitor visa was suspended which am aware they just resumed this September 2021
Please I want to find out if I need to resubmit a web form or I should still hold on?
Although my brother is not yet a PR. He is currently using a work Visa and resides there for over 6years

Regards

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ashiwajew: 12:01pm On Oct 04, 2021
Motheexplorer:

Good day madam. Please I would like to ask a question

Please can you share the amount you used as proof of fund and how long it stayed in your account?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by galala123(m): 9:10pm On Oct 04, 2021
Firstly, it may be useful to determine if your were qualified for Covid-19 Exemption.

If you are qualified and didn't inform them before September 7 and your circumstances have changed, then they encourage you to reapply.

They mentioned immediate family of temporary residents and I have attached the scope of "immediate family" as mentioned on their website.

Lastly, even if you do not qualify as immediate family, eventually they may get to your file as travel restrictions have been relaxed. The decision to re-apply is left up to you (i.e. if you want to take a chance) as their modus operandi seems to be unpredictable which may be intentional else an agent or someone may lay claim to a winning formula (which is why 2 applications that sufficiently mirror one another may lead to very different outcomes).

timmyfg:
Dear House.

I earlier mentioned that I submitted a visitor visa since February 27, 2020 to visit my younger brother in Canada but the status is still showing pending
I know that due to the covid19 pandemic the visitor visa was suspended which am aware they just resumed this September 2021
Please I want to find out if I need to resubmit a web form or I should still hold on?
Although my brother is not yet a PR. He is currently using a work Visa and resides there for over 6years

Regards

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tistavic: 9:21pm On Oct 04, 2021
Hello gurus am new here the question I want to ask mite be some how but I need an answer. I just started my application for 2022 fall in Canada and am having issues on how to pay my application fee Wich is cad122 since I don't have a dollar acct .please I want to no if there's a way I can do d payment. Please tell me how you did yours will appreciate it ���
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zigzig: 2:50pm On Oct 05, 2021
gracecheller:

Lawyers are the ones to direct you. Quite expensive though. Also search on NL on how to go

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by funola: 3:08pm On Oct 05, 2021
Hi guys,

I am currently going to Canada as a student. I will like to know which route is faster btw spousal work permit or tourist visa for my pregnant wife...My wife is not actually interested in working in canada has she has a job that is paying her in forex here.....Please any advise
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zigzig: 3:11pm On Oct 05, 2021
Motheexplorer:

Goodday ma, please I wish you can guide me on how you submitted your Form IMM0006 (Application for Authorization and Statutory Declaration) . Thanks in anticipation of your response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) ... (1107) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Shokeye3, larrypha(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.