Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (582) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2323997 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chidx(f): 10:53pm On Jan 24, 2023
timmyfg:
See screenshots of what has been showing on my application page

I just saw your comment and went to check applications I submitted on behalf of my aunt and (her son)my cousin, visit visa to come and see myself and my other cousin who is my aunt's son

I submitted Jan 10, my aunt did not need biometrics as she gave them in 2016 and they were still valid
My cousin did his biometrics Jan 16
Today Jan 24, their profiles says: "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements"!!!
Although it still says "We are processing your background check,..." but fingers crossed

I am super excited because last year, my dad's application from submission to PPR was May 31 to Nov 7th

I did not dream of this speed, except the "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" no more indicates what it used to.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ambivert27(f): 1:16am On Jan 25, 2023
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Girllikeme: 10:40am On Jan 25, 2023
These guys are so unpredictable!
I just got PPR for my mum, timeline!
Submitted : January 3rd, 2023
Biometrics completed: January 13th, 2023
Eligibility started:January 24th, 2023
PPR: January 25th, 2023
I’m just grateful to God for the speed!!

16 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Esmeob: 10:53am On Jan 25, 2023
Wow congrats

Girllikeme:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Esmeob: 10:54am On Jan 25, 2023
The way people are getting responses in less than a month now, shey somebody won't reapply like this?

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by inHisheart: 11:35am On Jan 25, 2023
Congratulations!!!
Did you use the old or new portal?

Girllikeme:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by purespikes: 2:47pm On Jan 25, 2023
Esmeob:
The way people are getting responses in less than a month now, shey somebody won't reapply like this?

Is it allowed to have multiple applications?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 25, 2023
Girllikeme:

Does your mum have a US visa ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sogmart(m): 7:09pm On Jan 25, 2023
Wifefo88:
Heyy guys..my mother got PPR last month..she submitted her passport to Abuja last week Friday..after tracking it I got this—-Visa application, tracking ID No.**************** Your processed passport has been forwarded to the Canada Visa Office on 2023/01/03. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website.
Dues this mean her passport has been stamped?

Hello boss. Could you kindly help me through with sone processes please. I’ve been through your timeline, and i would really appreciate if you can pit me through sone things with your wealth of experience. I’m at the clients information request stage after completing my biometrics.
My whatsapp number is +2347080980265
You can kindly mail me via sogmartd@gmail.com
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sherriecoks(f): 9:15pm On Jan 25, 2023
Chidx:

I just saw your comment and went to check applications I submitted on behalf of my aunt and (her son)my cousin, visit visa to come and see myself and my other cousin who is my aunt's son

I submitted Jan 10, my aunt did not need biometrics as she gave them in 2016 and they were still valid
My cousin did his biometrics Jan 16
Today Jan 24, their profiles says: "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements"!!!
Although it still says "We are processing your background check,..." but fingers crossed

I am super excited because last year, my dad's application from submission to PPR was May 31 to Nov 7th

I did not dream of this speed, except the "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" no more indicates what it used to.

mine has been showing that since 28th december after my biometrics. Is it a big deal?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by EDeedee1: 2:34am On Jan 26, 2023
Processing time for visit visa for nigeria is now more than a year. It is well o
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Girllikeme: 2:43am On Jan 26, 2023
Old portal
inHisheart:
Congratulations!!!
Did you use the old or new portal?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Girllikeme: 2:45am On Jan 26, 2023
She had but it expired in 2017!

Alexino360:

Does your mum have a US visa ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by brown1234: 4:05am On Jan 26, 2023
EDeedee1:
Processing time for visit visa for nigeria is now more than a year. It is well o

407 days
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kelvinarsenal: 7:25am On Jan 26, 2023
Girllikeme:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kelvinarsenal: 7:26am On Jan 26, 2023
That's the reason for the speed IRCC respect USA visa either expired or running! Congratulations
Girllikeme:

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by CHANNELStv2020: 8:30pm On Jan 26, 2023
[code][/code]
4ayomi:
Pls House I applied for visiting visa in August 12
I did my biometric in August 19
Since then I av not hear form IRCC .
The day I plan leaving is November 12 .
Can I send an email to IRCC .
pls House I need your advice
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by purespikes: 1:02pm On Jan 27, 2023
Kelvinarsenal:
That's the reason for the speed IRCC respect USA visa either expired or running! Congratulations

I have been to the US severally, the last being October 2019 shortly before Covid-19. My Visa just expired in 2021. This is in addition to being a regular visitor to UK, France and other countries
Yet, my visa is still pending since July, 2022. See, there are no rules to this thing. Just pray for luck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BitterSweet(f): 1:47pm On Jan 27, 2023
purespikes:

I have been to the US severally, the last being October 2019 shortly before Covid-19. My Visa just expired in 2021. This is in addition to being a regular visitor to UK, France and other countries
Yet, my visa is still pending since July, 2022. See, there are no rules to this thing. Just pray for luck

You are very correct. My last US visa expired in 2020. I applied in October 2021 and its still pending. This is just a game of luck (grace)

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ibatu(m): 4:42pm On Jan 27, 2023
Hi guys,kindly help on this please,i have an ongoing application for visiting visa,no decision yet,and i got a job offer from Canada recently,is there going to be issue with my application if i accept the offer and they put in for visa again,,, Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ednut1(m): 8:39pm On Jan 27, 2023
Ibatu:
Hi guys,kindly help on this please,i have an ongoing application for visiting visa,no decision yet,and i got a job offer from Canada recently,is there going to be issue with my application if i accept the offer and they put in for visa again,,, Thanks
no

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chidinma54055: 12:33am On Jan 28, 2023
Hello,

I have an open application for visitor visa to visit my husband since July, I just got admission for May intake. can i apply for study visa while the visitor visa is pending? will it affect my application?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 1:16am On Jan 28, 2023
Girllikeme:

Probably the reason why it was processed that fast
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iamleye(m): 6:23am On Jan 28, 2023
E di ra oo. Canada visitor’s visa from outside Canada is now 403 days! Crazy times ahead folks!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sewaaa: 6:59am On Jan 28, 2023
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much to everyone for your inputs. I have a peculiar case and I am hoping someone can help out. A little background into my story

I applied for visiting visa March 2022 and i got a response April that it was rejected. I reapplied immediately that same April with sufficient information while I was pregnant. I got a response October for me to submit my passport within 30 days.

The problem was I had already given birth by then. I tried to raise several webform to inform them I had a baby so I could send our passports together but I am yet to get a response till now.

So I went ahead to submit just my passport before the 30days elapsed. My issue now is I want to travel soon and I can’t leave my baby alone .

Please does anyone have an idea on what can be done. People that have valid visas and gave birth afterwards, how did you add your kids?

I also read some people saying they reached out to the MP. Please how do I do that or how do I send them (IRCC) a mail. I just need to talk to any of their contact/support.

Kindly help
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kaycherry: 10:52am On Jan 28, 2023
In my opinion....you would have to apply for your baby and then attach your own visa in the application.

Remember you applied alone so I don't think they can issue your baby a visa if he/she didn't apply....you will still have to pay application fees for your baby.

This is my opinion...I'm not an expert on this.

8 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sewaaa: 5:16pm On Jan 28, 2023
Kaycherry:
In my opinion....you would have to apply for your baby and then attach your own visa in the application.

Remember you applied alone so I don't think they can issue your baby a visa if he/she didn't apply....you will still have to pay application fees for your baby.

This is my opinion...I'm not an expert on this.

Thank you. Just to be on a safer side , I already applied for my baby some weeks ago. I just wanted to be very sure I’m going the right route as I intend to travel soon and I need to go with him.

Thank you again
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ozzy15: 8:50pm On Jan 28, 2023
Betterlife30:
Processing time is now 347 days for applicants from Nigeria. It's now obvious that these people are intentionally doing this thing.

Mine took less than 3weeks ,public holidays and weekends inclusive. Processing time differs

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Datevilme: 1:31am On Jan 29, 2023
Hey guys, please has anyone applied for the super visa for grandparents and gotten it?
I heard it’s hard to get, how true is this?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 11:42am On Jan 29, 2023
Datevilme:
Hey guys, please has anyone applied for the super visa for grandparents and gotten it?
I heard it’s hard to get, how true is this?

Actually it easy but more expensive because of the canadian medical insurance requirement and ur income evidence.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Datevilme: 6:02pm On Jan 29, 2023
House34:

Actually it easy but more expensive because of the canadian medical insurance requirement and ur income evidence.

Thanks, I heard the insurance can get really expensive.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betterlife30: 11:11am On Jan 30, 2023
Ozzy15:

Mine took less than 3weeks ,public holidays and weekends inclusive. Processing time differs

Just be thankful to God that you are lucky.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.