Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (605) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2319134 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) ... (1099) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 7:44pm On Apr 06, 2023
Makibarbie:
Hi guys,

My GCMS note just came in now and it has about 11 pages of some informations.

The eligibility says passed
Criminality: passed
Info sharing: complete
Counterfoil: Y

Does this mean i am waiting for just PPR? Or is there any other stage after this?
Please when did you order it? Cbsa I ordered since Jan 2 still yet to land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Makibarbie: 8:07pm On Apr 06, 2023
My dear
I ordered gcms note in January 5th and didn’t get any feedback. Then on the 4th of march I ordered cbsa after someone advised that this means is faster. However the feedback i got now was to the cbsa I ordered on the 4th of march So i can say it took a month.

Emmafe:
Please when did you order it? Cbsa I ordered since Jan 2 still get to land.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Makibarbie: 8:24pm On Apr 06, 2023
First application: May 2021 (still no update)
Second application: May 16, 2022
Biometric: done for first application
Eligibility review : 20th March
Eligibility completed: 24th March
Cbsa ordered: March 4th
Cbsa received: April 6th
PPR: Coming this month by faith (awaiting)

All the update gotten so far are for my second application. The first has no update yet, i might withdraw it soon.

mama12345:
Yes, congratulations.. Please share your timeline and when you applied for GCMS note

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Karmora(f): 9:07pm On Apr 06, 2023
Please can someone put me through on how to order CBSA?? Or quote a page where the process is been described Please . Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 9:17pm On Apr 06, 2023
Makibarbie:
My dear
I ordered gcms note in January 5th and didn’t get any feedback. Then on the 4th of march I ordered cbsa after someone advised that this means is faster. However the feedback i got now was to the cbsa I ordered on the 4th of march So i can say it took a month.

Can you check if security is passed? MP already confirmed eligibility passed, awaiting on security. I pray ppr drops this month, the wait is frustrating

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 9:21pm On Apr 06, 2023
Karmora:
Please can someone put me through on how to order CBSA?? Or quote a page where the process is been described Please . Thanks
Try this, it’s free and fast

Use this free method, it’s fast. I ordered cbsa via a paid platform since January I’m still waiting while this method was out in a month.

- Go to Google, search ATIP
- Pick the first option from the list of results
- when the page opens, click on next
- click/mark the privacy box and click continue
- on the next page, select Canada Border Services Agency from the drop-down
- from the next drop-down, select foreign national outside of Canada
- fill out your required information in the boxes below
(Use your Nigerian address and phone number pls)
- Pick yes to the question about requesting information on your behalf if so
- pick member of the public for the category that best describes you
- Pick electronic copy for how you prefer to receive your notes/records
- click continue
- on the next page, pick privacy act on the 1st drop-down
- select English in the next drop-down
- select case files for the type of records
- fill out all necessary information below(for UCI number, use the format XX-XXXX-XXXX)
- in the comment box write a short intro and your request. Eg:
Hello/Hi
My name is SURNAME, First Second. I have applied for a study permit, my UCI is soso and my application number is soso, DOB. I would like to have the notes for my file
- then click continue
- also click continue on the next page(you don't fill anything here)
- you are taken to the final page where you review or edit your info
- check the I certify box and click continue
- you should receive a confirmation email from CBSA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by josephb(m): 9:41pm On Apr 06, 2023
HI,

Aside your note, does Eligibility say completed on your portal whenever you login

Regards,

Makibarbie:
First application: May 2021 (still no update)
Second application: May 16, 2022
Biometric: done for first application
Eligibility review : 20th March
Eligibility completed: 24th March
Cbsa ordered: March 4th
Cbsa received: April 6th
PPR: Coming this month by faith (awaiting)

All the update gotten so far are for my second application. The first has no update yet, i might withdraw it soon.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Makibarbie: 9:43pm On Apr 06, 2023
Nothing on security yet.

Emmafe:
Can you check if security is passed? MP already confirmed eligibility passed, awaiting on security. I pray ppr drops this month, the wait is frustrating
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 10:04pm On Apr 06, 2023
Mudah001:
I don’t even know because my last application was done by my agent I dont have access to my account. He package a conference in the first application both the conference as be done in Feb till now no approval so he was now saying he will have to package another. I was like trying to ask about the status on the application but I’m not getting it. Can I track it myself if so how could I do that… thanks

You can check the status of your application if you have the tracking information. Ask him for the tracking information
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by greatme2good(f): 11:21pm On Apr 06, 2023
Thank you to everyone who has contributed in one way or the other on this group. I have a few questions/concerns.

I applied for my visitor’s visa on 4 March 2023, and did my biometrics on 14th March but my eligibility test is yet to start. I am a Nigerian studying in Sweden.

My travel plan is during summer coz of my studies, first week of June to be precise.

So here are my questions:

Will they answer at the same time they answer people that applied from Nigeria? Usually here in Sweden, decisions come in one month.

Can I email them via form after a month?

I got a message that they don't need additional documents from me. Should I be worried about that?

I'm so worried coz we booked flights already as that was a mandatory requirement for us to proceed with the application.

Thank you for your response.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 2:12am On Apr 07, 2023
greatme2good:
Thank you to everyone who has contributed in one way or the other on this group. I have a few questions/concerns.

I applied for my visitor’s visa on 4 March 2023, and did my biometrics on 14th March but my eligibility test is yet to start. I am a Nigerian studying in Sweden.

My travel plan is during summer coz of my studies, first week of June to be precise.

So here are my questions:

Will they answer at the same time they answer people that applied from Nigeria? Usually here in Sweden, decisions come in one month.

Can I email them via form after a month?

I got a message that they don't need additional documents from me. Should I be worried about that?

I'm so worried coz we booked flights already as that was a mandatory requirement for us to proceed with the application.

Thank you for your response.

Where was it mandatory to book flight ticket ?

And you cannot speed up visitor visa as a tourist it not emergency ..you just have to wait
And the curremt processing time from sweden is about 237 days stated on ircc site.but you may be luck to get a quick decision

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Summerbutterfly: 5:32am On Apr 07, 2023
Hello people

Submitted application : June 2022
Did biometric : June 2022
Application status currently showing submitted

I can see alot of people are facing thesame issue as me because of the long waiting time

Please is there a way I can contact them ?

Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by alexie49(m): 5:59am On Apr 07, 2023
I hope the new application won't tamper with the first one especially the same conference route again. If your agent says it is possible to apply for another conference, then the visa fee alone should be paid by you. Just saying... After all, what else?

And yes, you can track it using your UCI, APPLICATION NUMBER, NAME & D.O.B or so

If you are blessed financially, the study route would have been better and fast.

For me, I received BVL, still trying to check if there is a VISA DOCUMENT NUMBER attached or something.

Mudah001:

I dnt even know a cus my last application was done by my agent I dnt hv access to my account. He package a conference in d first application buh the conference as be done in Feb till now no approval so he was now saying he will hav to package another. I was like trying to ask abt the status on the application buh I’m not getting it. Can I track it myself if so how could I do that… thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Hola55: 8:37am On Apr 07, 2023
Summerbutterfly:
Hello people

Submitted application : June 2022
Did biometric : June 2022
Application status currently showing submitted

I can see alot of people are facing thesame issue as me because of the long waiting time

Please is there a way I can contact them ?

Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Hola55: 8:38am On Apr 07, 2023
Has your Eligibility started?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Putin007: 8:59am On Apr 07, 2023
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nelsonnwagbo(m): 9:48am On Apr 07, 2023
aceblaizer:
from my experience its going try school be de best(you ain't paying tuition) get admission equals visa then defer and work
pls can u enlighten me on this I hv intention of getting student visa then ditch it for work

How possible can it be ??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mudah001: 12:06pm On Apr 07, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

You can check the status of your application if you have the tracking information. Ask him for the tracking information

Thanks for the information I really appreciate
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ednut1(m): 12:28pm On Apr 07, 2023
Nelsonnwagbo:
pls can u enlighten me on this I hv intention of getting student visa then ditch it for work

How possible can it be ??
the person you are quoting posted that in 2015. In 2023 its not possible, your visa will be cancelled
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by reggy11: 9:18pm On Apr 07, 2023
Who else is experiencing this,
I submitted an application in Nov 2022 for a program in May 2023, when the response was getting delayed I submitted another application via the new portal March 20th
Don't know when it started but saw my old application eligibility has started, April 5th login to the old application it has being withdrawn with no message
Now the new application is still in background check
And no message why the withdrawal of the old one and in the page it was stated they will sent a message to say why it was cancelled
Till now no message, house please advise me.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by timmyfg: 10:06pm On Apr 07, 2023
Dear House, Please what is the meaning of this correspondence letter.?? I just saw this today.
I applied for a visiting visa since 2020
And it has been pending all this while.
Just today I noticed they updated the above letter after I sent an email to Canadian embassy here in the UK where I currently based informing them that I will be attending my youngest brother wedding coming up 29th of April 2023.
I requested that they should take over my application because of my current location and address. Please anyone with similar experience. I presumed they are working on it

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kayceekay: 3:28am On Apr 08, 2023
timmyfg:
Dear House, Please what is the meaning of this correspondence letter.?? I just saw this today.
Just today I noticed they updated the above letter after I sent an email to Canadian embassy here in the UK where I currently based informing them that I will be attending my youngest brother wedding coming up 29th of April 2023.
I requested that they should take over my application because of my current location and address. Please anyone with similar experience. I presumed they are working on it
Open the correspondence letter, you will see the message there.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BitterSweet(f): 8:48am On Apr 08, 2023
I wonder why my own CBSA notes ordered on the 6th of February is yet to drop.

quote author=Makibarbie post=122341899]My dear

[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pufframmy: 9:10am On Apr 08, 2023
it the validity of your biometric

next should be Your PPR pray well the decision is next msg to comes in

timmyfg:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Hola55: 2:47pm On Apr 08, 2023
]Dear House, Please what is the meaning of this correspondence letter.?? I just saw this today.

When did your Eligibility started?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by angie88: 3:40pm On Apr 08, 2023
Those dat hv received bvl, no news yet? Let's make dis forum lively
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by greeners222(m): 4:02pm On Apr 08, 2023
Please can anybody help me. I need a police report in Nigeria and am already in Canada . How do I work this out please help me house. I need it for Inland spouse sponsorship .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Dreamchaser12: 6:13pm On Apr 08, 2023
greeners222:
Please can anybody help me. I need a police report in Nigeria and am already in Canada . How do I work this out please help me house. I need it for Inland spouse sponsorship .

You can contact any travel agent you trust, they can get it at alagbon for you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Dreamchaser12: 6:14pm On Apr 08, 2023
angie88:
Those dat hv received bvl, no news yet? Let's make dis forum lively

Nothing yet, just apart from visa document number and visa expiration date on the new portal.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 7:09pm On Apr 08, 2023
I logged onto my spouse’s application portal and application status tracker, but the information on both is not the same.

1. Information on application portal.
- Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

- Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

2. Information on application status tracker
- Eligibility
Not started

- Background verification
Not started
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by obazi: 8:01pm On Apr 08, 2023
I can get it for you.

greeners222:

(1) (2) (3) ... (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) ... (1099) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Ashirioluwa, williamszooh, affoncad and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.