Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,301 members, 7,954,197 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:02 PM

How To Make Food Tenderizer/softener - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Food Tenderizer/softener (962 Views)

How Do You Make Food Taste The Same Everytime? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Food Tenderizer/softener by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jan 20, 2015
Now, this is the liquid that traditionally was used to soften foods and also as a salty seasoning.

Very simple process;
Raw materials -
Either:
1. dried maize cobs or
2.dried raw banana/plantain peels.

When they have dried, burn them to ash. Literally. Cool.

Take the ash, according to your needs, in a small container perforated at the botom to allow straining of water though the ash. It should sit in another container where the slightly coloured water collects.

Use a little at a time only when needed because it really works.
Re: How To Make Food Tenderizer/softener by maingwaest(f): 6:26pm On Jan 24, 2015
Yea I tink I've heard about this process before, the hausa's call it TAUKA.;but OP is this softner not for Tuwo alone?
Re: How To Make Food Tenderizer/softener by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 24, 2015
maingwaest:
Yea I tink I've heard about this process before, the hausa's call it TAUKA.;but OP is this softner not for Tuwo alone?
We use it for everything that needs softening, from traditional dried fish and meat to leaves like cowpeas leaves among other hardy vegetables.

(1) (Reply)

The Myth Behind No Eating Meat During Easter.are We Eating Jesus Physically Tho? / Best Sale Of The Week At Micostar Mall / (VIDEO AND PIC)A Guy Cuts Out Part Of His Own Leg And Ate It!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.