Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,841 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

BLACK POPE // Catholic Black Pope. Did You Read Or Hear About It? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / BLACK POPE // Catholic Black Pope. Did You Read Or Hear About It? (1526 Views)

The Six Catholic Seminarians Lying In State. Rip (Photo) / Catholic Priest Slumps And Dies In Anambra During Church Service / Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BLACK POPE // Catholic Black Pope. Did You Read Or Hear About It? by TYNN2(m): 7:52pm On Aug 18, 2006
A friend told me on our  flight  to Rome for short visit and to witness for the first time  the  WHITE smoke that indicates the Election of a German as Catholic Leader (Pope)  and other past one. Interestingly, I was or had expected to see a repeated Black smoke that could have send me a signal of a battle to reach consensus on the Election Of A Nigeria Cardinal as First Black pope. At least to pacify the Millions World Devoted Black members and convince the World that BLACK are not so BLACK.  In the States  (U.S)  alone ,Catholic dioceses reported 53.6 million members in 1990. That rose to 65.3 million by 2005 and could reach 82.7 million in 2025.  If this figure is multiply by just 5 Dollars a week sunday service donation by Members. guess it. that was what me and my friend  joint by another Carribean friend was guessing.wealth,!wealth,!! wealth!!! nevermind we are not talking wealth but discrimination in the name of Holy spirit.  If a Black man would ever  become a Pope, voted by so called holy spirit process and elected by White majority. If it happens, how would the white Catholic Members reaction. My Carribean friend say , it could or not cause division.  do  you think so?
Re: BLACK POPE // Catholic Black Pope. Did You Read Or Hear About It? by mochafella(m): 8:08pm On Aug 18, 2006
TYNN2:

A friend told me on our flight to Rome for short visit and to witness for the first time the WHITE smoke that indicates the Election of a German as Catholic Leader (Pope) and other past one. Interestingly, I was or had expected to see a repeated Black smoke that could have send me a signal of a battle to reach consensus on the Election Of A Nigeria Cardinal as First Black pope.

um, the White smoke indicates that a pope has being successfully elected and the Black smoke indicates that the election was unsuccessful. It has nothing to do with the race/skin color of the elected pope. What will you say if the pope was Asian or Hispanic? that there should be Brown or Yellow smoke.

Now you can argue as to why Black smoke is used for the unsuccessful election but that's another issue.
Re: BLACK POPE // Catholic Black Pope. Did You Read Or Hear About It? by TYNN2(m): 12:51am On Aug 19, 2006
mochafella:

um, the White smoke indicates that a pope has being successfully elected and the Black smoke indicates that the election was unsuccessful. It has nothing to do with the race/skin color of the elected pope. What will you say if the pope was Asian or Hispanic? that there should be Brown or Yellow smoke.

Now you can argue as to why Black smoke is used for the unsuccessful election but that's another issue.

Yes Mochafella, you are right. that is another point of arguement, Black for failure? black for bad, black for satan and etc. is that why a black man is not elected as a Pope. even when some world leading media focasted the possibility for Nigerian or non European pope. I think that Nigerian Man was the Senior Cardinal for that post but the Holy spirit or Angel Which some writing says is White refuse to approve. well maybe some day, but it is been very very old system. how long will it remain?
Re: BLACK POPE // Catholic Black Pope. Did You Read Or Hear About It? by poweredcom(m): 10:45pm On Oct 11, 2010
Yes Mochafella, you are right. that is another point of arguement, Black for failure? black for bad, black for satan and etc. is that why a black man is not elected as a Pope. even when some world leading media focasted the possibility for Nigerian or non European pope. I think that Nigerian Man was the Senior Cardinal for that post but the Holy spirit or Angel Which some writing says is White refuse to approve. well maybe some day, but it is been very very old system. how long will it remain?

That why i keep saying we black have lost our sense.why worship the white man fake religion whose dominion is based on race, They will keep decievin us, catholic is a big occult, ok

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Making People Eat The Flesh Of Their Children? / DANA AIRCRAFT Crash-oyedepo Saved My Family From Death! / The Revised New World Translation Of The Holy Scriptures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.