Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

6 Reasons Your Blog May Not Attract Visitors This Year - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 6 Reasons Your Blog May Not Attract Visitors This Year (767 Views)

10 Reasons Your Website Gets No Visitors (and What To Do About It) / 6 Reasons Why Wordpress Is Better Than Blogger / 5 Reasons Your Blog Will Not Last A Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

6 Reasons Your Blog May Not Attract Visitors This Year by Nobody: 3:42am On Jan 21, 2015
Blogging is all about expressing yourself over certain issues or niche, but much more than that, it is about expressing your knowledge and understanding over a particular topic. No one blogs for himself, every blogger blog for others to read; therefore, you must blog for the audience.

The main reason for blogging is to provide solutions by sharing your knowledge, views and ideas in a blog post.

By blogging for the audience I mean, creating a vibrant blog on the internet will attract multitudes every day and night.

When no one reads your blog then you are not blogging, real blogging means you setting up a blog on any of the blog platform providers : WordPress, Blogger or Joomla, write articles (posts) on it and get people (traffic, audience) to read and possible make their comment and you respond.

But there are ways you can do your blogging and your blog will not attract traffic, I mean nobody will want to visit your blog after coming for the first time.

Below are the 6 reasons your blog will not attract visitors:

1. When you fill your pages with commercial banners.
It is very good to monetize your blog because you are not blogging for just the fun of it; you need to make some bucks at the end of the day.

But stuffing your sidebars, below post title and below post body with so many messy ads or banners is a very bad habit; I use to do it in time past thinking it will make me much more money, but I was very wrong.

In most cases this could jam your pages in a way it wouldn't open at all or open so slowly in a way that can tell e visitor to click away

2. When you do not add fun.
In as much as you must be very serious with your blogging career, blog that will attract old and new readers regularly must be garnished with some kind of funs. I mean you must be humorous at some point in your writing.

Don’t make your topics and post body boring or use as much difficult words as possible that will require your visitor to use a dictionary when he comes to your blog. Also, the use of translating or re-writing programs can create so much more obscure text from sentences that one can imagine.

3. When your blog loads sluggishly
In other to make your blog attract more new and returning readers in these days of very high competition in the blogosphere, you must format your blog in such a way that its loading time is brought to its barest minimum.

Web surfers have little or no patients nowadays that they cannot afford to spend their one minute waiting for your blog page to sluggishly load!

There are so many factors that contribute to a blog loading time staying on the increase. Factors like image size, poor template coding, heavily coded banners and many more.

4. When your images do not portray your post.
As a blogger, you must understand that images that portray the title and post of a blog perform wonders by attracting much more visitors far more than those that does not. In view of this, you must invest more time deciding on which image to be used in your various blog posts

It is also very important that you learn how to create your own images; this will afford you the opportunity to fully customize your images to suit your blog titles and posts. Read full report at: http://manywebtraffic.com/133/

Re: 6 Reasons Your Blog May Not Attract Visitors This Year by bizfirst: 9:04am On Jan 21, 2015
stbaby:
Blogging is all about expressing yourself over certain issues or niche, but much more than that, it is about expressing your knowledge and understanding over a particular topic. No one blogs for himself, every blogger blog for others to read; therefore, you must blog for the audience.

The main reason for blogging is to provide solutions by sharing your knowledge, views and ideas in a blog post.

By blogging for the audience I mean, creating a vibrant blog on the internet will attract multitudes every day and night.

When no one reads your blog then you are not blogging, real blogging means you setting up a blog on any of the blog platform providers : WordPress, Blogger or Joomla, write articles (posts) on it and get people (traffic, audience) to read and possible make their comment and you respond.

But there are ways you can do your blogging and your blog will not attract traffic, I mean nobody will want to visit your blog after coming for the first time.

Below are the 6 reasons your blog will not attract visitors:

1. When you fill your pages with commercial banners.
It is very good to monetize your blog because you are not blogging for just the fun of it; you need to make some bucks at the end of the day.

But stuffing your sidebars, below post title and below post body with so many messy ads or banners is a very bad habit; I use to do it in time past thinking it will make me much more money, but I was very wrong.

In most cases this could jam your pages in a way it wouldn't open at all or open so slowly in a way that can tell e visitor to click away

2. When you do not add fun.
In as much as you must be very serious with your blogging career, blog that will attract old and new readers regularly must be garnished with some kind of funs. I mean you must be humorous at some point in your writing.

Don’t make your topics and post body boring or use as much difficult words as possible that will require your visitor to use a dictionary when he comes to your blog. Also, the use of translating or re-writing programs can create so much more obscure text from sentences that one can imagine.

3. When your blog loads sluggishly
In other to make your blog attract more new and returning readers in these days of very high competition in the blogosphere, you must format your blog in such a way that its loading time is brought to its barest minimum.

Web surfers have little or no patients nowadays that they cannot afford to spend their one minute waiting for your blog page to sluggishly load!

There are so many factors that contribute to a blog loading time staying on the increase. Factors like image size, poor template coding, heavily coded banners and many more.

4. When your images do not portray your post.
As a blogger, you must understand that images that portray the title and post of a blog perform wonders by attracting much more visitors far more than those that does not. In view of this, you must invest more time deciding on which image to be used in your various blog posts

It is also very important that you learn how to create your own images; this will afford you the opportunity to fully customize your images to suit your blog titles and posts. Read full report at: http://manywebtraffic.com/133/

Great points made, STBaby...I would however add: spamming (with a view of attracting non - TARGETTED visitors). This never pays and in the end, is a classical exercise in futility!!

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Ads Expert Needed / Hostwinds Is Scam!! Webmasters Beware / New Update To The Blogger Post Editor To Help With Mixed Content

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.