Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

5 Reasons Your Blog Will Not Last A Year - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Reasons Your Blog Will Not Last A Year (8814 Views)

3 Reasons Why Your Blog Will Never Become Popular Or Successful (a Must Read) / Your Blog Will Die If You Continue Doing This / A Comedy Blog; Will It Get Traffic? (2) (3) (4)

5 Reasons Your Blog Will Not Last A Year by Julius2214(m): 7:01pm On Nov 13, 2015
The rate at which people are rushing into blogging these days is alarming. This is what Linda Ikeji and her Banana Island mansion have caused. God help us. Don’t get me wrong, blogging is fun and very good if you’re focused and know why you’re blogging. On the other hand, blogging is not for everybody.

That’s the truth, and most people go into blogging for the wrong reason — to make quick money.
Blogging takes time, patience, focus, zeal, creativity, passion... If you don't possess these qualities, my bro, Banana Island is very far from you if that's where you're going.
If you just started blogging or you're planning to start, here are some reasons I think you may die before the next year.

1. You are in to make quick cash.

Let me bring in Linda again. She's the reason why most people are into blogging today. They want to be like her and make money like she does and forgetting the fact that Linda Ikeji started her blog 9 years ago and it was until after 5 years she started earning from the blog. So if you're into blogging to make quick money. Abeg, think again.
You might have seen different testimonies of people making money from their blog in just a short period and you take that as a motivation, it's good but believe me, 99.9% are lies. Some Will be like "How I made $1000 from my 2 weeks old blog". They're actually giving fake testimonies to entice you and sell you the information of how they made or make quick money. It is after buying it you discover it's a trash that deserves a dustbin. The only way they make money is of course the trash they sell to you.
In conclusion, you can sure make money from blogging if you give it time and do it right. So wake up man and do some work before thinking of money.

2. You chose the wrong niche.

This is a very common mistake. I once made it too, so you're not alone. A niche is the major topic you want to blog about, which can be health, sport, lifestyle, etc. Your chosen niche can make or mare your blog. If you don't choose correctly, there are chances you will loose interest blog may not last a year or even six months. I wrote a post on 3 questions you must ask yourself before choosing a niche. You should check it out if you're just starting your blog.

3. You are not original

What I mean as not being original here is that all your post or most of them are copy and paste.
Many bloggers are guilty of this, especially the entertainment bloggers. This may be the reason you're not getting visitors. There's no way I'll re-read a post I've read from another blog.
It is even worse to an extent that I once read a post on a blog and "lalasticlala" was written at the end of it. So I thought to my self, "lalasticlala now has a blog" then on a second thought I discovered the author of the post just lifted everything from Nairaland without editing it. That is how far people can go about copying and pasting.
Another thing you should know is that Google— the number 1 search engine, hates plagiarism (copy and paste). If you make Google hate your blog, then you know what it means. It means your blog will not be index by Google, Adsense will never approve your blog, and even advertisers will not even notice you. So why then are you blogging? You're definitely going to pack up.
If you are a "copy and paste" blogger, make a U turn now before your blog starts crumbling.

4. You don't have writing skills

Blogging is not for bad writers. Though you don't need to have a doctorate degree in English Language to become a blogger, but you should be able to express yourself clearly. There's no way you'll attract visitors when they can't comprehend what you're writing. I once saw a link on Facebook that attracted me, I followed the link to read the full post but I couldn't finish reading it because of the bad structure. At a point I even thought I was reading French.
Learn how to write well before becoming a blogger.

5. You are too lazy or busy

Blogging requires commitment and consistency. Though it may be difficult to frequently publish new post every week if you have an office job. The best thing to do here is to create a workable plan, a schedule or better still, forget about blogging for the main time.
If you've read this and you've seen that your blog is obviously heading to the grave, you don't have to give up. You just have to work on the points that may affect your blog. And most importantly, you need a mentor, someone to guide you so you won't be heading for the bush. That is why you should join my mailing list if you're not yet a subscriber.

Don't hesitate to contact me about any blogging challenges you may come across.

http://bloggingplan.com/5-reasons-your-blog-will-not-last-a-year/

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Your Blog Will Not Last A Year by mohammad11: 7:24pm On Nov 13, 2015
Good one @op
Re: 5 Reasons Your Blog Will Not Last A Year by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 13, 2015
Fact!

Re: 5 Reasons Your Blog Will Not Last A Year by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 13, 2015
Really nice post i give u 9.5/10

i take d 0.5 for myself cos i no fit dash u everything

Re: 5 Reasons Your Blog Will Not Last A Year by Flywest(m): 7:12am On Nov 14, 2015
Nice post
lalasticlala you're needed
Re: 5 Reasons Your Blog Will Not Last A Year by DOCTORDONE: 10:08am On Nov 14, 2015
Very nice post.
Re: 5 Reasons Your Blog Will Not Last A Year by lasisi69(f): 12:51pm On Nov 14, 2015
End time
Re: 5 Reasons Your Blog Will Not Last A Year by hotboz: 12:52pm On Nov 14, 2015
Fantabulous!
Re: 5 Reasons Your Blog Will Not Last A Year by philfrey08: 12:52pm On Nov 14, 2015
We need money like Linda

Re: 5 Reasons Your Blog Will Not Last A Year by damton(m): 12:52pm On Nov 14, 2015
Sometimes I wonder if blogging is the only way of building an Internet franchise.

Besides, not everyone would be a successful blogger just as it is in football.

Don't mean to discourage though.

Re: 5 Reasons Your Blog Will Not Last A Year by Warlord3000(m): 12:52pm On Nov 14, 2015
Re: 5 Reasons Your Blog Will Not Last A Year by ShakurM(m): 12:52pm On Nov 14, 2015
Pause
Re: 5 Reasons Your Blog Will Not Last A Year by emmanuel596(m): 12:53pm On Nov 14, 2015
6. Too much copy and paste
7. Cos u think suen and his team are making money from NL u wanna have a blog tooo....everyone ain't gonna make it tru d same source change root...do it 4 the passion it will pay in due time

Re: 5 Reasons Your Blog Will Not Last A Year by NinaArsenal(f): 12:53pm On Nov 14, 2015
Ok oo. Them don hear.
Re: 5 Reasons Your Blog Will Not Last A Year by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 14, 2015
My blog is 4 years old. cool

Re: 5 Reasons Your Blog Will Not Last A Year by naijapips02: 12:54pm On Nov 14, 2015
forums rock

Re: 5 Reasons Your Blog Will Not Last A Year by gameboy727(m): 12:55pm On Nov 14, 2015
Good tips. Most are in for the money anyway.
Re: 5 Reasons Your Blog Will Not Last A Year by 185mikel(m): 12:55pm On Nov 14, 2015
and also if blog content not helpful in anyway
Re: 5 Reasons Your Blog Will Not Last A Year by fxgal: 12:56pm On Nov 14, 2015
Yea op is right.

I have been blogging for years cause it's my passion. I share on my blog helpful tips that keeps readers coming back and even contacting me.

My blog is berichinfo.com
Re: 5 Reasons Your Blog Will Not Last A Year by Tobium1(m): 12:56pm On Nov 14, 2015
Viviangist, where are you? Make you come read through this thread very well o

Re: 5 Reasons Your Blog Will Not Last A Year by Remyboyhefty(m): 12:57pm On Nov 14, 2015
Re: 5 Reasons Your Blog Will Not Last A Year by Remyboyhefty(m): 12:58pm On Nov 14, 2015
;Dna so
Re: 5 Reasons Your Blog Will Not Last A Year by FagsamPHP(m): 12:58pm On Nov 14, 2015
K
Re: 5 Reasons Your Blog Will Not Last A Year by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 14, 2015
You are not creative ...

You dont use plagiarism checker...

You can not market their blog

You rely on unprofessionals such as non-mass communication graduates

Re: 5 Reasons Your Blog Will Not Last A Year by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 14, 2015
When you base all your posts on anti-biafra articles.
People like and naijapips02, they have zero content, they are not articulate, their posts lack common sense and are not thought provoking.
That blog has a half-life of 4 months.
Re: 5 Reasons Your Blog Will Not Last A Year by missvera(f): 1:05pm On Nov 14, 2015
I read this for future purpose.

Re: 5 Reasons Your Blog Will Not Last A Year by omaniblog(m): 1:06pm On Nov 14, 2015
hmm
Re: 5 Reasons Your Blog Will Not Last A Year by iykomo0(m): 1:07pm On Nov 14, 2015
the matter tire me oo...

u go see naira land

bokoland

t0t0land etc...
all blog names... smh

Re: 5 Reasons Your Blog Will Not Last A Year by DetectiveDeb: 1:08pm On Nov 14, 2015
well said!

How To Know The Wordpress Theme A Site Is Using / I Got Rich Through Nairaland Webmaster Section / Registering A Domain Name In Nigeria