Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Buying Of Phones From OLX - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Buying Of Phones From OLX (6805 Views)

Ranking Of Phones In Nigeria / A Nairalander And His Girlfriend Win Lumia Phones From Nokia (Photos) / Don’t Buy Cheap Android Phones From Popular Brands,here’s Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buying Of Phones From OLX by clow(m): 11:49am On Jan 21, 2015
please does anyone in the house have any experience on buying phones from OLX, I can see a Q10that I want to get with really reasonable prices, but its either they telling me to make part payment if I want it delivered to where I stay or come to Apapa wharf to come collect it, please is it safe?
Thanks Guys .
Re: Buying Of Phones From OLX by ammyluv2002(f): 11:52am On Jan 21, 2015
People complain a lot about that site so just be careful dear
Re: Buying Of Phones From OLX by aliyug79: 12:19pm On Jan 21, 2015
BUY MTN DATA SHARED @ CHEAPER RATE:
1GB...1300 NAIRA
2GB...2400 NAIRA
3GB ...3600 NAIRA.
Call 08053635768 & 08143285527.
thankz.
Re: Buying Of Phones From OLX by Dhejy7: 12:24pm On Jan 21, 2015
scam alert, 95% of phones on olx are either fake phones or just a total scam

2 Likes

Re: Buying Of Phones From OLX by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 21, 2015
Anybody asking u 2 make half payment is a big time scammer.
U must meet the seller/buyer @ a nutral location. Get 2 see the product and make ur confirmations b4 transacting business

4 Likes

Re: Buying Of Phones From OLX by FKO1(m): 4:00pm On Jan 21, 2015
Dhejy7:
scam alert, 95% of phones on olx are either fake phones or just a total scam
Stop spewing rubbish... its greed that makes people to get swindled on olx...

1 Like

Re: Buying Of Phones From OLX by iykepromotions: 4:04pm On Jan 21, 2015
@ Op just arrange a meeting with the seller at a public place. if he's serious and sincere he will show up. but shine your eyes sha, there are fufu phones
Re: Buying Of Phones From OLX by ccnation(m): 5:12pm On Jan 21, 2015
That person asking you to make part payment or come to Apapa to collect the phone is a big fraudster. He is all over olx with different Names, phone number and locations.....he is the same person....... or rather belong to the same team. Please and please don't fall victim.

MY STORY
I once contacted this guy and guess what he said..... that i should make a part payment quickly because he was about going out for delivery so he would just bring the phone to me. I wasn't comfortable with the way he was rushing me so i told him to send me his office address so i could come pick up the phone the next day. He sent me a sketchy address, and i went to Apapa the next day with my girlfriend.

He stopped taking his call the moment we got to Apapa wharf. After a while he took my call and was still insisting i make a part payment by the nearest bank so as to have a proof of deposit before i can be allowed access into their office to see the phone i wanted to buy, that moment even the dumbest fellow could tell it was a scam.

The next day a tried contacting another seller from another location with different name and number, behold it was the same guy.

My advise is that you go to a phone shop to buy whatever phone you need!!!

3 Likes

Re: Buying Of Phones From OLX by Gosj01(m): 6:09pm On Jan 21, 2015
ccnation:
That person asking you to make part payment or come to Apapa to collect the phone is a big fraudster. He is all over olx with different Names, phone number and locations.....he is the same person....... or rather belong to the same team. Please and please don't fall victim.

MY STORY
I once contacted this guy and guess what he said..... that i should make a part payment quickly because he was about going out for delivery so he would just bring the phone to me. I wasn't comfortable with the way he was rushing me so i told him to send me his office address so i could come pick up the phone the next day. He sent me a sketchy address, and i went to Apapa the next day with my girlfriend.

He stopped taking his call the moment we got to Apapa wharf. After a while he took my call and was still insisting i make a part payment by the nearest bank so as to have a proof of deposit before i can be allowed access into their office to see the phone i wanted to buy, that moment even the dumbest fellow could tell it was a scam.

The next day a tried contacting another seller from another location with different name and number, behold it was the same guy.

My advise is that you go to a phone shop to buy whatever phone you need!!!
Seconded
Re: Buying Of Phones From OLX by Dhejy7: 6:41pm On Jan 21, 2015
FKO1:
Stop spewing rubbish... its greed that makes people to get swindled on olx...
don't get me wrong I said "95% of phone" on olx,I dint say all phone and products on olx are scams. am saying this from experience is ive both a phone there b4. ow would u feel if u wer told a phone is in good working condition only to get dier and find out the phone is something next to a dead phone. that's bullocks to me
Re: Buying Of Phones From OLX by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 21, 2015
OLX.... i f##king hate that website..
Re: Buying Of Phones From OLX by Wisdomkosi(m): 7:44pm On Jan 21, 2015
Run oooooo
Re: Buying Of Phones From OLX by daxon001(m): 8:17pm On Jan 21, 2015
It's a very safe bizness.d guy is trusted.pay him n thank me later.
Re: Buying Of Phones From OLX by oluwatozil(m): 8:24pm On Jan 21, 2015
pls i ll advice u not to do any part payment wit anybody am once a victim of this. dey re all fraudster bt u can still get few pple dat really mean business
Re: Buying Of Phones From OLX by omosoft: 8:36pm On Jan 21, 2015
daxon001:
It's a very safe bizness.d guy is trusted.pay him n thank me later.
U must be working for d guy, how can you say he should pay without seeing what he's buying, u must be an agent of his. Trusted my foot.
Re: Buying Of Phones From OLX by moneymaker24(m): 8:44pm On Jan 21, 2015
Don't fall victim to sellers on that site o. Majority of the deals there are scam although there are few legitimate ones. Even if you have to meet with someone face to face, inspect what you are given properly before you transact. I think you should read the experience here: http://www.techsng.com/2014/10/samsung-galaxy-s4-china-clone-version.html
Re: Buying Of Phones From OLX by Lexusgs430: 9:42pm On Jan 21, 2015
clow:
please does anyone in the house have any experience on buying phones from OLX, I can see a Q10that I want to get with really reasonable prices, but its either they telling me to make part payment if I want it delivered to where I stay or come to Apapa wharf to come collect it, please is it safe?
Thanks Guys .

Run Run Run AWAY !!!!!!! SCAM ALERT !!!!!
Re: Buying Of Phones From OLX by donmeric: 11:41pm On Jan 21, 2015
I have done over 30 deals on olx. both buying/selling.. The ways to know a real seller are as follow:
1. He will never ask U to pay any Deposit b4 getting or seeing what u want to buy.

2. Their prices are dsame or relatively close to the price a used one of dat commodity is sold in d market..
but if its used with all accessories then it might be a little higher like 7k price difference.

3. If its a new phone, then d price should be like 8k to 10k lower than the price at; lets say slot limited..

4. The seller must be willing to meet the buyer at a neutral place.

5. If d seller accept cash on delivery ... for those sellers claimin to do home delivery.

6. When a seller asks u d buyer; "where do u stay and how do we meet?" then he means business.

Add Urs please........

2 Likes

Re: Buying Of Phones From OLX by jamesope04(m): 12:22am On Jan 22, 2015
I've bought numerous phones and just two lappy on olx. I tell u, it's a sure bet provided u r nt d greedy type. I always meet d sellers at Tantalizers, Challenge, Ibadan. I do take my time to inspect n test every testable. Then negotiation begins. But if someone is offering u a bb Q10 for 12k, and u r thinking it's an awoof, u r subjecting urself to a scam.

Search for an item wit a real picture, call d seller, dnt sound desperate while calling and arrange for a hook up. If he's truly willing to sell, he will return ur calls even if u flash him.
Re: Buying Of Phones From OLX by jammyunn(m): 7:45am On Jan 22, 2015
omosoft:

U must be working for d guy, how can you say he should pay without seeing what he's buying, u must be an agent of his. Trusted my foot.
I think he's being sarcastic.
Re: Buying Of Phones From OLX by temmym4(m): 8:42am On Jan 22, 2015
OLX isnt bad, only some of the people that posts ads.
@OP. I have made so many dealings on OLX and Tonaton (Ghana) and I havent complained yet. my advice is... know exactly what you want to buy precisely and go there to check before making payments. This is naija, making part payment for an online stuff from a public ad site is the greatest risk you can ever think of.
Re: Buying Of Phones From OLX by FKO1(m): 9:27am On Jan 22, 2015
temmym4:
OLX isnt bad, only some of the people that posts ads.
@OP. I have made so many dealings on OLX and Tonaton (Ghana) and I havent complained yet. my advice is... know exactly what you want to buy precisely and go there to check before making payments. This is naija, making part payment for an online stuff from a public ad site is the greatest risk you can ever think of.
Abeg tell em...
Re: Buying Of Phones From OLX by Adebolade(m): 10:14am On Jan 22, 2015
clow:
Thanks Guys .
. Please don't even try to go to that area @ all the same thing almost happened to me I used my other line to call the same number and he was giving another story to my brother.
Re: Buying Of Phones From OLX by clow(m): 10:30am On Jan 22, 2015
Thanks @ Everybody, Appreciate smiley.............
Re: Buying Of Phones From OLX by saintjoel(m): 12:11pm On Jan 22, 2015
I bought my Torch2 through OLX and all I did was call the seller,went to his office with a friend and paid for the phone right there in his office,he even took us to his factory canteen for refreshments.It all depends on the buyer cos awoof dey run belle,if you want to buy a laptop for 15,000naira,you'll definitely be scammed.

1 Like

Re: Buying Of Phones From OLX by sorextee(m): 3:00pm On Jan 22, 2015
Don't meet anybody at any wharf. The ones in abuja here will tell u to come to customs office in wuse zone 2. Some people here have already advised enough.
Re: Buying Of Phones From OLX by victory4m: 11:46am On Oct 29, 2019
if you don't have much and you desire a particular phone you can buy used one. but you must be very careful so that you will not be scam. https://ong.ng/mobile-phones-tablets olx nigeria phones is one the best place to buy

(1) (Reply)

Kiwicash: Get Loan Up To ₦100000 From Etisalat / Ministry Of Agriculture Launches “Wetin App” For Flood Prediction / Tecno Camon C8 Vs Infinix Hotnote Pro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.