Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,818 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

Does Leaking Mango Fruit After Drinking Soaked Garri Really Kill People? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Does Leaking Mango Fruit After Drinking Soaked Garri Really Kill People? (8856 Views)

10 Natural Remedies You Can Make With Mango At Home / Mango Worms Aka Mango Fly: What You Need To Know About (VIDEO) / Mango Fly: If Your Son/Daughter Has This On The Body, Please Visit A Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Leaking Mango Fruit After Drinking Soaked Garri Really Kill People? by mariobobby(m): 1:53pm On Jan 21, 2015
back then our parents told DAT leaking mango after drinking garrison we'll kill you. is this really a fact?
Re: Does Leaking Mango Fruit After Drinking Soaked Garri Really Kill People? by braintext(m): 2:05pm On Jan 21, 2015
Leaking? cry
Re: Does Leaking Mango Fruit After Drinking Soaked Garri Really Kill People? by kilokeys(m): 2:06pm On Jan 21, 2015
sure.. if u leaked ur full belly mango and garri.. with a knife.. u would die angry
Re: Does Leaking Mango Fruit After Drinking Soaked Garri Really Kill People? by Melahou(m): 2:07pm On Jan 21, 2015
yes it does...killed mylo my dog
Re: Does Leaking Mango Fruit After Drinking Soaked Garri Really Kill People? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 21, 2015
I've tried it twice. it will not kill you or give you stomach ache like popularly believed but, it has a kind of effect I cant really explain.I felt a chest pain or heartburn something like that! I don't know if it was caused by the combination or because I was made to believe that it will have an effect. That same effect twice is certainly not a coincidence and i'm not willing to try it out again!
Re: Does Leaking Mango Fruit After Drinking Soaked Garri Really Kill People? by Beamborla(f): 2:48pm On Jan 21, 2015
Lol... I bet the OP didn't attend a boarding school, cos if you did, you wouldn't be asking this question
Re: Does Leaking Mango Fruit After Drinking Soaked Garri Really Kill People? by viceldo(m): 2:53pm On Jan 21, 2015
I'M IN.....

ye u won kil ur slf.....health is wealth....avoid junk's food nt to damage your system.....syntoms may not occure now but leta in live.....

I'M OUT........

1 Like

Re: Does Leaking Mango Fruit After Drinking Soaked Garri Really Kill People? by viceldo(m): 2:56pm On Jan 21, 2015
viceldo:
I'M IN.....

ye u won kil ur slf.....health is wealth....avoid junk's food nt to damage your system.....syntoms may not occure now but leta in life.....

I'M OUT........
Re: Does Leaking Mango Fruit After Drinking Soaked Garri Really Kill People? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 21, 2015
Hi there, no you won't die, it's only a myth smiley
Re: Does Leaking Mango Fruit After Drinking Soaked Garri Really Kill People? by SirVictory: 12:12am On Jan 22, 2015
That's a mere myth just to make the child scared
Re: Does Leaking Mango Fruit After Drinking Soaked Garri Really Kill People? by floragregs(f): 9:14am On Jan 22, 2015
This is how the myth started: a certain village woman went to cultivate her farm one day. Normally people go to the farm with food if they will be there for a long time. She went with garri, bottle of water and sugar. After working for some hours she became hungry, so she prepared the garri and drank it. There was a mango tree in her farm so she used a long stick to pluck some. After eating the mango she just fell and died. Her children went to the farm in search of her when she didn't return that evening. They found her dead! Guess what killed her. She didn't wash her hands after applying fertiliser on her crops! So she eat the mango with fertiliser hands and died of fertiliser poisoning! Myth busted! #truestory

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For February 13 2021 In Nigeria / I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax / Alomo Bitters: What Is It Really For, Wud U Drink It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.