Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:12 AM

I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax (8851 Views)

PVC: Raising Awareness Of A Chronic Female Condition / I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry / Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 08, 2014
Many of you must have seen my thread where i confessed about starting the rumour www.nairaland.com/1848113/started-saltwater-ebola-cure-rumor/1

Early today Nigeria was in a Frenzy, many woke up rejoicing that there was a solution at last!

Mothers started calling there children that were far from them
Many exhausted there airtime calling their loved ones and telling them there was a solution at last.
Many said the message was from the Ministry of Health, others said it was the Americans that came up with the solution, some said it was T.B Joshua.

SALT IN WARM WATER WHEN INGESTED AND USED FOR BATHING COULD SHEILD U FROM EBOLA INFECTION!!!

Hmmmm....

I weep for Nigeria!
I weep for our youths!
I weep for the future leaders!
I weep for our Education sector!
I weep for our so-called Undergraduates, Graduates, professors and so-called intellectuals!

Over time i have seen Nigerians Arguing and fighting over issues they could easily verify, just because they heard it or read it somewhere.
The reading culture in this country is pathetic! In a state of hullabaloo.
Every cock and bull story is easily believed!
For goodness sake WHY do some even bother to go to school! Manipulating their JAMB scores, cheating in exams all to gain admission into the University. There in the University they only cram formulars and theories and come out with "fantastic" grades! Many are the best graduating students. YET they lack the capacity to reason outside the box.
That is why we have foooools as our leaders.
That is Why we have No medical, technological or military advancement that is indigenous; we have to depend on "developed" countries.

Our government NEVER sponsored researches to find the cure to HIV, CANCER, LASSA FEVER and the rest, we are ALWAYS waiting for other countries to do the research!

What are our professors doing in the UNIVERSITIES. Those figure Heads, they like the title of Prof, DR., Professor Emeritus, yet they have nothing to offer in their respective fields. Some of them became professors by copying the work of their students mtcheww what a pity!

I kept shaking my head at the comments many made on my previous thread where I "confessed".

Imagine how hard i had to work to make sure my dear mother who has High Blood pressure does not start drinking salt!

Imagine how many EDUCATED Nigerians did not bother to verify the source of the message before broadcasting it to others!

Imagine!

It is time for us all to reevaluate ourselves and question that university degree you claim to have!

I hope we all learnt a lesson here.

Ebola is DEADLY! And drinking salt is More Deadly. This is not time to be peddling rumours.

Let us do the right things and only adhere to instructions from authorized bodies.

(Note i did not create the original prank message, i created my first thread, imaging if only whoever started the wicked rumour of drinking and bathing with salt water could have confessed)

Yours
Adesewa (my pseudonym)

Seun, mukina2, mynd44 take note of this please.

5 Likes

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by ayukdaboss(m): 2:14pm On Aug 08, 2014
Come you this girl/guy....I missed your first post where you confessed. You have done that part...I read it...I had no problem with you. But you still opened another thread to insult Nigerians. You're a very big fool for opening this thread. Wait? Are you trying to get celebrity status from this or what? How are our professors going to lecture Ediots like you who instead of facing their studies go fooling around with acts like this?

So starting a useless rumor like this is your own assistance right? And you have the guts to open another thread insulting Nigerians...You're a big fool again. I hope you get arrested very soon. I wish you stay around where I do by this time you wouldn't have the freedom to be posting another useless thread again. After spewing rubbish like this you still had the guts to display your location. Shows how Ediotic you are.

FYI somebody died from your foolishness today. You can go ahead and read.

https://www.nairaland.com/1848724/one-die-fake-salt-water

26 Likes

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Aidy97(f): 2:17pm On Aug 08, 2014
Many people are just joking about it; any little tin dt happens dy wld say EBOLA

2TC
Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 08, 2014
By the way, i am not an attention seeker as many claimed in the previous thread. I did it to create awareness and save the lives of many who wont reason with logic.

1 Like

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by lacosteIII(m): 2:20pm On Aug 08, 2014
ok
Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by cirmuell(m): 2:24pm On Aug 08, 2014
shocked are you for real? I read someone has died from from ur stupidity though. weep for yourself, that's if you're real though. undecided

1 Like

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by sofadj(m): 2:26pm On Aug 08, 2014
Ok

Well check here to learn more about the secret drug www.healthlineafrica.com/zmapp-the-secret-ebola-drug/
Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 08, 2014
cirmuell: shocked are you for real? I read someone has died from from ur stupidity though. weep for yourself, that's if you're real though. undecided
Cant you read?!
I claimed to be the originator just to raise awareness that nigerians believe anything without research even the educated ones.
I did not start the rumour!
Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 08, 2014
Who da hell are you?

2 Likes

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by 5minsmadness: 2:29pm On Aug 08, 2014
#following

Babe, in as much as you are the devil's advocate in this matter, I like your style smiley

Why would any SANE EDUCATED Nigerian believe the nonsense rumour you 'sent' out in the first place? Are Nigerians that gullible/easily deceived?

No wonder our political leaders continue to use us like football. They'll be chopping billions and watching our doctors go on strike without caring because they know the masses won't do anything.

PHCN no longer brings light for up to 24hrs, the average Nigerian has not one but 2(two) generators AND still pay NEPA bill on top, meanwhile I have personally stayed in a senators place where NEPA gave his house uninterrupted light for the 2days I stayed there. Yet the masses won't do anything.

I can't remember when last I saw hot water coming out of the tap of any government owned facility - yet our Ogas at the top enjoy these basic pleasures.

Let me allow others to give examples.

Nigerians are mumus! angry

2 Likes

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 08, 2014
Just what are you trying to prove here with this sermon - that Nigerians are dumbass and ignorant? First, I call you a Moron_ for generalizing this ish!

Now, Why do you have to lie in the first place? You think It pays to play with emotions? Just wait till the authorities get you, then you can explain better about your innocence.

The awareness you claimed to have created doesn't change the fact that people wouldn't be scared of Ebola anymore.

Besides, this isn't the right time to play around and get some attention. So weep for yourself because if the authorities get to you, You will sleep in Jail tonight.

12 Likes

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Superstar007(m): 2:32pm On Aug 08, 2014
I knew it! there were some inconsistencies in the story because some people even ordered for bags of salts before the time you stated there
but atleast you helped to create awareness to the gullible Nigerians that fell for that gimmick

3 Likes

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by hazyfm: 2:32pm On Aug 08, 2014
noted.. now un-following Thread
Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by cirmuell(m): 2:32pm On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
Cant you read?!
I claimed to be the originator just to raise awareness that nigerians believe anything without research even the educated ones.
I did not start the rumour!
O! i cee...but hey that is one hell of a risk if you ask me.

#cheers cool
Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 08, 2014
5minsmadness: #following

Babe, in as much as you are the devil's advocate in this matter, I like your stylr smiley

Why would any SANE EDUCATED Nigerian believe the nonsense rumour you sent out in the first place? Are Nigerians that gullible/easily deceived?

No wonder our political leaders continue to use us like football. They'll be chopping billions and watching our doctors
Someone with sense here.
smiley

2 Likes

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by TheMasterpiece(m): 2:36pm On Aug 08, 2014
This person is not a female! This is an attention seeking male masquerading as a female. View his other Nairaland account below, same name apart from the digit at the end. It can't have been a coincidence. The username is too unique for this to be a concidence. And why has "she" not produced screenshots of the broadcasts? Seun Mukina2 Mynd44 Obinoscopy , investigate this. His other account here: https://www.nairaland.com/drealgeesam

10 Likes

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Pdams1711: 2:37pm On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1: By the way, i am not an attention seeker as many claimed in the previous thread. I did it to create awareness and save the lives of many who wont reason with logic.

Thought u said you were only playing pranks with your friends in the previous thread. So why talk about awareness creation here? You should create awareness in the right path. There are a lot of useful info and tips on preventing Ebola you should have spread like wildfire. Yes, Nigerians should be blamed for not verifying info but how does this awareness of yours help with that? Pls don't tag this awareness creation, it spoils ur case.

5 Likes

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Djicemob: 2:37pm On Aug 08, 2014
U r high on cheap crack! U've allegedly killed many people and u r here saying u r weeping for nigeria.I bet u'll tell this same story to security agencies when they finally get a hold of u right? I think its safe to say u r the most wicked person on the face of this earth.Imagine no remorse atall.Attention seeker! I believe u want d mods to take this ur stup!dity to FrontPage again abi? #Joker.

6 Likes

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 08, 2014
Superstar007: I knew it but atleast you helped to create awareness to the gullible Nigerians that fell for that gimmick
You got it.
There was serious chaos this morning, i saw many people running around this morning, i almost cried for Nigeria! For where? I WAS LAFFING!
Imagine undergraduates running helta skelta looking for salt.
Our education sector is a JOKE
Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by egopersonified(f): 2:37pm On Aug 08, 2014
*Double post*
Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by egopersonified(f): 2:38pm On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
You got it.
There was serious chaos this morning, i saw many people running around this morning, i almost cried for Nigeria! For where? I WAS LAFFING!

So u are feeling so intelligent to want to claim you know too much abi? No matter what you claim here, the other thread already implicates you and as I stated there, I am just waiting to watch your arrest on NTA. My office is affiliated with a security outfit and I know what I have heard people say. U better prepare for the worst. Mtcheeew.

7 Likes

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by donpetros: 2:38pm On Aug 08, 2014
What exactly is your problem, why are you using this ebola virus to play with people. why claiming you started the rumour when you are not. You think this is a joke. Thats not how to create awareness. I never believed it because it was too cheap but not every can understand that. Think of survival instinct, or pressure from loved ones even health personnel fell for it and now you are telling us this. Dont play with a sensitive issue.

2 Likes

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 08, 2014
Djicemob: U r high on cheap crack! U've allegedly killed many people and u r here saying u r weeping for nigeria.I bet u'll tell this same story to security agencies when they finally get a hold of u right? I think its safe to say u r the most wicked person on the face of this earth.Imagine no remorse atall.Attention seeker! I believe u want u want d mods to take this ur stup!dity to FrontPage again abi? #Joker.
You are one of those i weep for. Rushing to comment without reading my post. I am sure that was how u speedily rebroadcasted the message of bathing with salt this morning.

I did not send any broadcast, i created that thread to create awareness and it worked!
Many more would have died if i did not take the fall. It made people read and educate each other

7 Likes

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Superstar007(m): 2:49pm On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
You got it.

In that case, It means your name isn't Adesewa and you have no friend call Funke, cos I'm sure there are people out there looking for you.
Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by nnadychuks(m): 2:50pm On Aug 08, 2014
at the first part of this post i thought the op was stupid until i read it all.. Yes, salt increases BP.
If you won't drink salt water no problem. What i heard was that it was TB joshua that told Nigerians to drink it , how come another person is confessing? And i don't know what education has to do with deceit. You only learn the principles of ruling not the way you would rule.. Ebola is deadly i agree, it dos'nt mean that it will never have cure.
When malaria came into existence without cure it was worse than ebola. We should not panic the cure is coming
Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 08, 2014
TheMasterpiece: This person is not a female! This is an attention seeking male masquerading as a female. View his other Nairaland account below, same name apart from the digit at the end. It can't have been a coincidence. The username is too unique for this to be a concidence. And why has "she" not produced screenshots of the broadcasts? Seun Mukina2 Mynd44 Obinoscopy , investigate this. His other account here: https://www.nairaland.com/drealgeesam
Hmmmm
I am not an attention seeker
I used the medium to create awareness. It worked!
I am happy i stimulated a lot of discussion on what is fact and hoax.
Next time people will do proper research.
Thank you
Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by donpetros: 2:53pm On Aug 08, 2014
You probably haven't seen a dying person before or someone who has been sick for long. At that point most people become vulnerable to lies just because they want to live. The problem is not really with our education because this stunt could have worked in any country just that the level of acceptance will differ because people have access to establishment that can help them verify claims and lousy sms. Abeg dont play with this issue, thats why people are insulting you while you claim to be creating awareness.

5 Likes

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Djicemob: 2:53pm On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
You are one of those i weep for. Rushing to comment without reading my post. I am sure that was how u speedily rebroadcasted the message of bathing with salt this morning.

I did not send any broadcast, i created that thread to create awareness and it worked!
Many more would have died if i did not take the fall. It made people read and educate each other
What awareness? How? Did u even read what u wrote in the previous thread? How was that creating awareness? if u want to create an awareness,start by dropping out of school or give back ur certificate if u've got any already cos u r as fo0lish as the educated people u weep for.I guess u scared cos u read comments about security agents coming for u.I LAFF and PITY U.

9 Likes

Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 08, 2014
Superstar007:

In that case, It means your name isn't Adesewa and you have no friend call Funke, cos I'm sure there are people out there looking for you.
wink
Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by DanielBlanc(m): 2:59pm On Aug 08, 2014
My apologies for ill speaking to you on your former thread, but I guess I reasoned with u on a fact, that no credibility of sources of our news and facts before broadcasting it, but miss this is Nigeria where if I have a medical proposition no one cares, and in dire situations as this people hold on to anything that gives them hope, who blames them? But the nature of ur " so called hope" gave them something to believe in but many complications comes to the body from too much intake of salt containing iodine and sodium, this on it's own is another disease outbreak you, use ur faculty of thought before publishing a matter as grave as this, my respects though.
Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 08, 2014
egopersonified:

So u are feeling so intelligent to want to claim you know too much abi? No matter what you claim here, the other thread already implicates you and as I stated there, I am just waiting to watch your arrest on NTA. My office is affiliated with a security outfit and I know what I have heard people say. U better prepare for the worst. Mtcheeew.
Smh.
So you think you are making sense abi
Re: I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax by JaaizTech: 3:08pm On Aug 08, 2014
That was a very bad rumour to spread; however you have driven home some very key points here that I am so much happy to see. I pray your rumour has not affected the health of anyone so adversely. People need to understand that not every poo they read online is true, sadly also I reckon many people believed this rumour because some thought it emanated from a Church, another sign of how gullible people are to what emanates from pastors these days!.

Moral of the story: Use your brain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For February 13 2021 In Nigeria / Federal Government Begins Screening Of Ebola Virus At Lagos Airport / COVID-19 Update For July 30 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.