Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,281 members, 7,839,386 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

In My Experience There Are Always More Female Than Male Christians. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In My Experience There Are Always More Female Than Male Christians. (739 Views)

My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry / Sex And Prayers: My Experience / Are There More Female Than Male Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

In My Experience There Are Always More Female Than Male Christians. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 7:45pm On Dec 22, 2008
some time i ask myself this Question:Is the Christian God a sexist woman?

[b]almost all the Christian unions of the many churches I visited here in our Country and Abroad. Predominantly my experience has been in Anglican and Baptist churches here in Nigeria however visits to other denominations and countries have had similar demographics. According to Christian Research, male membership of churches is are about 42% and While the Female will be 58%. This would mean there being nearly twice as many females as males in church. Throughout the the whole world ,membership of churches is mostly filled up with women, when you talk about the (Catholics). From my experience it’s also interesting to note the difference is also greater in predominantly working class churches I don’t know if this is a general trend?

From my own experience the majority of my friends who have converted to Christianity rather than have been a Christian all there life tend to exhibit more than an average amount of female traits. By this I mean they are more openly emotional and willing to talk about their feelings as well as often having a large number of female friends. I don’t know if this is just my experience?

All of this seems quite weird and hard to explain (to continue this thread you have to assume Christianity at least largely true). Some people would argue that actually there are not more male than female Christians particularly as “It is hard to tell who is a Christian and who is not and who are we to judge and who actually knows the dividing line where you become a Christian” and it is” very possible that typical male characteristics lead them to be less likely to want to attend a church meeting regularly than women even though they may be just as much a Christian”.

It seems to me however that the first of these arguments is very vague and in no way satisfactory and the second is probably true however seems unlikely to account for the large difference in male to female church attendance.[/b]
Re: In My Experience There Are Always More Female Than Male Christians. by JJYOU: 7:49pm On Dec 22, 2008
your point being?

(1) (Reply)

What Are Your Prayer Request? Share Them Here / 7 Years? / Vatican is Ready & Waiting for Dan Brown's September release "The Lost Symbol"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.