Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Are There More Female Than Male Christians? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are There More Female Than Male Christians? (4970 Views)

Why Are Females More Susceptible To Anointing Than Male / Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? / In My Experience There Are Always More Female Than Male Christians. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 18, 2012
PURPOSE OF THREAD- To have Nairaland Christians share their observations on the gender that is mostly represented in their various churches.

BODY OF THREAD- I have noticed,from close observation,that in any church gathering,there tends to be more women/girls than men/boys. Even in fellowships,night vigils,crusades etc,often times the ratio of ladies to men is 3:1. So,my question:

Is it like this in your church? If yes,what do you think is the reason for it?...
Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by k2039: 9:49am On Nov 18, 2012
There are more female than male.I think it has to do with them being more emotional

2 Likes

Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 18, 2012
Emotional? Pls elucidate...do you mean to say that guys are less spiritual?
Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by pastormustwacc: 1:25am On Nov 19, 2012
Not all male christians go to church compared to females. Even when Jesus resurrected (on sunday), it was a woman that saw him first.

3 Likes

Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by megxo(m): 11:54am On Nov 19, 2012
MTCHEEW.......!

JST DROPPED D FUCCK dat i was about 2 GIVE angry
Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 19, 2012
agreed!Christianity has much to offer women. Women benefit in two ways: first, by the restraint that appeal to Christian values may place on the unbridled exercise of male power; and second, by the recognition and affirmation of the value of typically feminine roles, virtues, and dispositions.

2 Likes

Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 19, 2012
There are more female christian than male. It's even surprising that some female muslims has turn to christians 'cos they tag islamic prayer as "punishment". They prefer dancing and clapping in church. Also, females are more religious than male....

3 Likes

Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by Born2beRich1(m): 12:02pm On Nov 19, 2012
What kind of question is this OP..Come up with something chanllenging not this crap(sorry to say)..No be your fault na seun me i blame....

Very soon you go they ask if there are more goats than cows..Mcheewwwww

1 Like

Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:05pm On Nov 19, 2012
I v noticed this trend 2. Dnt know why its like that.
Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 19, 2012
~vicky~:
agreed!Christianity has much to offer women. Women benefit in two ways: first, by the restraint that appeal to Christian values may place on the unbridled exercise of male power; and second, by the recognition and affirmation of the value of typically feminine roles, virtues, and dispositions.
@ bolded...pls elucidate with examples,am confused undecided
Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 19, 2012
Born 2be Rich: What kind of question is this OP..Come up with something chanllenging not this crap(sorry to say)..No be your fault na seun me i blame....

Very soon you go they ask if there are more goats than cows..Mcheewwwww
You are a rare specie of MUMU

2 Likes

Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by dilbert100: 12:09pm On Nov 19, 2012
i think males are generally more religeous than females...especially within certain religions
Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by goofie: 12:14pm On Nov 19, 2012
u see more of women cos of d emotional side of them.women are more intune with their feelings n tend to discern more. dis is not to say dt men r not spiritual but

dey tend to be logical and try to analyse and question everything.

i remember sometime ago whn some of my siblings n i were forced to attend a vigil( cos it held in our house). d "prophets" tortured my broda wit some prophecies

and assignments 4 him to perform n he cldnt really defend himself cos most of wht dey were saying ws true.my broda no dey go church.

whn dey got 2 my sister n i, fear catch dem na. dey saw dt we were not moved by whatever dey were saying cos we knew where we stood. dey even told us dt we cld go

n sleep cos we werent falling 4 it
Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by honeric01(m): 12:16pm On Nov 19, 2012
binger: Emotional? Pls elucidate...do you mean to say that guys are less spiritual?

Just like someone said, not all Christian male go to church but female Christians prefer to go to church even if they are worse off than harlots. it has more to do with insecurity, being overly religious and also very dependent on external help.

Simply put, the urge to seek security pushes more women to church (religious houses) than men.
Spiritually, men rank high.
Religiously, women rank high.

2 Likes

Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by Mavrick2012: 12:18pm On Nov 19, 2012
More Emotional,lv asociatn more,most are nt workin(ie hav extra time 2 play wit),less seriously engaged,easily convince,more gulible,lv ceremony etc etc etc

1 Like

Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by ziccoit: 12:19pm On Nov 19, 2012
If this is the truth, who is going to marry the rest? Since Christianity ideology is one man one wife.
Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by honeric01(m): 12:19pm On Nov 19, 2012
goofie: u see more of women cos of d emotional side of them.women are more intune with their feelings n tend to discern more. dis is not to say dt men r not spiritual but

dey tend to be logical and try to analyse and question everything.

i remember sometime ago whn some of my siblings n i were forced to attend a vigil( cos it held in our house). d "prophets" tortured my broda wit some prophecies

and assignments 4 him to perform n he cldnt really defend himself cos most of wht dey were saying ws true.my broda no dey go church.

whn dey got 2 my sister n i, fear catch dem na. dey saw dt we were not moved by whatever dey were saying cos we knew where we stood. dey even told us dt we cld go

n sleep cos we werent falling 4 it

Maybe your case is an exception but i beg to differ that woman are more logical when it comes to religious issues than men.
Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by Pakavy(m): 12:19pm On Nov 19, 2012
D trend holds true where i worship with d bulk of d females been singles in d "aunty" class.guez it has 2 do with marital than spiritual motives/intrests
Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by larrymoore(m): 12:22pm On Nov 19, 2012
CallmePROF: There are more female christian than male. It's even surprising that some female muslims has turn to christians 'cos they tag islamic prayer as "punishment". They prefer dancing and clapping in church. Also, females are more religious than male....
like dancing azonto n singin hip hop 4 jesus. Bt nt al churches do dt

1 Like

Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by oluMyderz(m): 12:22pm On Nov 19, 2012
CallmePROF: There are more female christian than male. It's even surprising that some female muslims has turn to christians 'cos they tag islamic prayer as "punishment". They prefer dancing and clapping in church. Also, females are more religious than male....
punishment?? Lol...Yu mst b jokn! Did jesus dance n clap in d church? SMH

1 Like

Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by nagoma(m): 12:25pm On Nov 19, 2012
I believe It is the method of worship.

Women and children enjoy dancing and clapping and singing, many serious men find this a bit silly.

1 Like

Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by goofie: 12:37pm On Nov 19, 2012
honeric01:

Maybe your case is an exception but i beg to differ that woman are more logical when it comes to religious issues than men.

not logical bt discerning.
Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by zangiff(m): 12:43pm On Nov 19, 2012
Exactly
Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 19, 2012
larrymoore: like dancing azonto n singin hip hop 4 jesus. Bt nt al churches do dt
you're right.
Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by honeric01(m): 12:48pm On Nov 19, 2012
goofie:

not logical bt discerning.
But you said logical, now it's discerning?
Well, i would say it has more to do with sentiments. when it comes to religion, it's harder to convince a man than a woman.
Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 19, 2012
oluMyderz: punishment?? Lol...Yu mst b jokn! Did jesus dance n clap in d church? SMH
but most of them don't know that. It's so ironical!. I've seen a lady wearing bumper short and backless to church. Can we say that kind of lady is going to church to worship.
Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 19, 2012
CallmePROF: but most of them don't know that. It's so ironical!. I've seen a lady wearing bumper short and backless to church. Can we say that kind of lady is going to church to worship.
nah she s going to buggie down nd set the dance floor on fire. Some churches aren't different from clubs if you ask me

1 Like

Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 19, 2012
Your guess is right... Watching your thread carefully before it leads to insults on the Church. Because that is all we ever see on NL. Its like the owners have a clue that issues concerning church always produce a lot of comments... It is well sha!
Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by Ucheosefoh(m): 1:04pm On Nov 19, 2012
Women problems plenty na go to crusades and miracle churches na women and gals de full there even babalawo shrine sef, problems wey de carry men go miracle churches na 2 pray 4 gud health, praying 4 progress in their businesses and work place, praying 4 employment 4 those seeking 4 jobs. Women own na praying 4 gud health, 2 pray against spiritual attack, deliverance 4rm marine spirit or spirit husband, fruit of the womb, praying 4 rich husband 4 young gals atall atall husband 4 the 35 and above ladies, praying against enemies of their families, praying 4 employment, some gals even pray 4 rich bfs and sugar daddies, the one wey de vex me pass na 2 go 2 pastor 2 know who no want her progress. With what I listed why cant there be more women than men in churches.

1 Like

Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by Naijapikin1: 1:05pm On Nov 19, 2012
At OP, go and ask the national population commission (christian dept.). How, in the name of buddha, some topics find, and claw their way to the front page, wallahi i dont know. Mtcheeeeeeeew!
Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 19, 2012
ziccoit: If this is the truth, who is going to marry the rest? Since Christianity ideology is one man one wife.

lol... leave that to God. Na u create the rest

1 Like

Re: Are There More Female Than Male Christians? by tintingz(m): 1:10pm On Nov 19, 2012
see how funny you are grin . . .what punishment did Islamic prayer do to women? its even more relaxing and connecting to GOD than women dancing azonto and itigeh shaking their bum bum like stripe dancers and sweating in the house of your lord? abeg dont make muslim women stripe dance in your church like whorres angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jehovah Witnesses And Trinitarians Got It All Wrong - Did Jesus Resurrect Bodily / The SOUL That Sinneth It Shall Die / When Will We Have The First Organised Theist/Atheist physical Debate In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.