Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Pawns- A Story About The Kidnapped Girls - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Pawns- A Story About The Kidnapped Girls (2049 Views)

Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace / Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel. / Tradition - A Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pawns- A Story About The Kidnapped Girls by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jan 21, 2015
Well, I will be working with two or who knows three story @ a time..Why?
I will be on Holiday for 51 days....
Doing nothing..

Pawn is a story that despicts the story of Racheal, a citizen of Masquadaland, who was kidnapped by the popular Terrorist Sect 'Jokolome'. She and her friends must find a way to escape them and let the whole world know the sponsors of these group.

Welcome...
Re: Pawns- A Story About The Kidnapped Girls by tattesco(m): 6:14am On Jan 22, 2015
Ftc. Lmao. Lemme take a seat
Re: Pawns- A Story About The Kidnapped Girls by D9ty7(m): 6:42am On Jan 22, 2015
Divepen and kidnapp. Me I won't talk o.
Oga boss, abeg come start this thing before I vex o. I am almost through with my story and while I am on break, I won't mind reading stories like this.
Re: Pawns- A Story About The Kidnapped Girls by Flakeey(f): 10:24am On Jan 22, 2015
smiley
Re: Pawns- A Story About The Kidnapped Girls by stuff46(m): 10:46am On Jan 22, 2015
Iam here
Re: Pawns- A Story About The Kidnapped Girls by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 26, 2015
Following tightly>>>>>>
Re: Pawns- A Story About The Kidnapped Girls by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 27, 2015
Welcome tattesco
D9ty7
Marionking
Stuff46
flakeey
I've started it ooo@
Humbledbygrace
Dyoungstar and Oma4u...

Prologue
' You are a terrorist', the dark lanky police shouted in his native language of Lakasab. Lakasab was one of the three major Languages of Masquadaland, and Benson had taken it upon himself to learn it before traveling to the northern part of Masqualand.
' I'm not a terrorist', he shouted more out of frustration than out of fear, 'I've been repeating myself for close to an hour now that I'm not a terrorist'.
' You are lying', another police man sneered, the cloth of the man looked as if was given to him by the policeman's fat brother.
' But... How do you know a terrorist... I'm a journalist', Benson said again, controlling the anger that was eating deep into him.
' That is how they will all keep lying to us. Do you think we are fools, we know you'.
' With what? Do you have a scanner that can point Jokolome to you. If we were outside Masquadaland, I would have sued you to court but we can't...' Benson hissed.
While he was investigating a case about the Jokolome group, he had been rounded up with 5 other people as a member of the Jokolome group, and the leader of the group, Usman Uthman, was among the people rounded up to the delight of the police and even the nation.
The country was lamenting at that because of some people that had died when the popular sect Jokolome raided a part of Nowebo, where they shot many people and killed many.
This group became effective in 2009, although their training started in 2002, after the governor of their state, Nowebo, refused to return the favour they did him. They voted him because he agreed that the Northern Masqualand would be ruled with the Klashin Law starting with Nowebo land. Klashin law is a law used in the Rapotin religion. Klashin law makes people receive lashes of cane and some died immediately for their offence.
' Who is Bentchin Adehoye', a short police man shouted as Benson continued his argument with the lanky policeman who was looking angrier than before because Benson had threatened to put his ugly face in the paper.
Benson stopped talking and faced the short policeman as he wanted to ask the Lanky policeman which one angered him- ugly face or being in the papers?
'I'm Benson Adeoye', Benson said, trying to pronounce the name slowly and clearly for the policeman to hear.
'You are free to go', the short policeman said with an accent of Lakasab. Benson smiled as he saw the scowl on the face of lanky policeman. He push his bottom lip out.
'You say?' The lanky Policeman asked Benson, whom he expected to reply but did not do so.
Benson collected his phone and moved out. He stopped and move to a side to urinate.
Just as he started urinating,
'Please don't kill me', a voice said behind him making him jump. His heart beating fast, he turned to see what was happening, but there was no one behind him. He scanned the place and saw nothing. Benson quickly zipped up his trousers and walked gently towards the voice.
He brought out his phone to record whatever he would see.
He peeked at a curve then saw what happening. The voice belonged to Usman Uthman, the leader of Jokolome sect.
' Please, I know I've done bad things but let people pray for me', Usman weeped.
' Shut up!' A sturdy police man said as he pointed a revolver at Usman's head, 'do you think we did not know that immediately we send you to court the judges would find a way to release you'.
' We cannot allow you to continue killing people', another police said.
' Very soon you would start Bombing like Al-Qauheeda and we would not allow you', a man that looks like the leader of the pack lamented, ' we will hunt every Jokolome members down and make sure they join you soon. We must free our Masquadaland from killing... Kill him'.
' Please let people pray for me'.
A shot rang.
Usman moved back to the wall, and slid down as two more gunshot rang in the dry air.
An hot sweat ran through Benson's armpit as he stood tranfixed to his a spot, swallowing hard.
His phone rang.
' Who is there?' One of the policemen shouted.
Benson ran out but was caught and was killed.
For this reason, the story never came out to the world.
The only story people heard was that Usman Uthman had died along with another man Yala Isah- an aide to the governor of Nowebo-, who was said to be the sponsor of the Jokolomes, while the two were trying to escape from the police station.
All these happened in the year of President Sikania Rauf who died shortly and the government was handed over his vice, Mr. Fruastadi Buawise and the power of the Jokolome group was handed to an agile and wise man, Purinik Fulinsi, from whom our story begins.
Re: Pawns- A Story About The Kidnapped Girls by kingphilip(m): 8:42am On Jan 27, 2015
an inside story of Nigeria and bokoharam.. watching closely

ride on boss

1 Like

Re: Pawns- A Story About The Kidnapped Girls by Nobody: 8:49am On Jan 27, 2015
kingphilip:

ride on boss
Thanks boss ooo
Indeed an inside story but no be me tell you ooo
Re: Pawns- A Story About The Kidnapped Girls by Nobody: 8:58am On Jan 27, 2015
kingphilip:

ride on boss

On point! But Divepen be wise o cos Charles hebdo is over there o! Jusk kidding sha but I love the angle you viewed it
Re: Pawns- A Story About The Kidnapped Girls by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 27, 2015
marioking:

On point! But Divepen be wise o cos Charles hebdo is over there o! Jusk kidding sha but I love the angle you viewed it
lol..
I no wan kon be like Chris Abani
Re: Pawns- A Story About The Kidnapped Girls by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 27, 2015
Well, it would be stupid of me not to call my ogas... I've started PAWNS..

I WILL FINISH TUGRIL in the next few days...

Tag:
Trypa,JESUSchoice.kingiji,adewaletb2,TRIPPLEAB,theorbiters,Sampunk,Sampunk,Odward,KiddaBlingzz,bilalfarid,youngpascal,rapmike,Barselonia,bajosky,jummy604,Kagarko,LogoDWhiz,Dmony,Emmanuel6,charijee..
bajosky
Barselonia
bilalfarid
kingiji
Barselonia,treasuregr8,yhermmie,Trypa,murtaj,JESUSchoice,toykathy,Beckytee,LibrarianD,eunisam,stuff46,soji1992,mrnigeria,jordanice007....
Hidohwuh
Samneer
Smallville10
Aliyeous
mZsleeq(
absky5
DOMAWOLEYE
calcus
iriferi
drfunso1
missuniverse
Kruzilano
ajaxtea
hillariousjane
mrklock
chifez1
motherlode
Barselonia
INCUBATHOR
temmyt20
trendy01
adeh39
hassan85
Bluestarry
Dmony
demsid
Trypa
afamjb
PharmFonex
pussymoneyweed
ViktorMartins
Olivebranches
baeyoe
mistytohcute
theorbiters
unlimitedbosco
ubjunior10
Kagarko
donPhill
LouisVanGaal
stuff46
haydot95
parrotibaba
Niwdog
Samneer
rapmike
Timzy234
jhybho
jordanice007
yemajiteru
Dsparker
emarkson
ferdindu
ebistar
Beckytee
mohjisolah
charijee
murtaj
Bluestarry
charijee
hassan85
stuff46
donPhill
LouisVanGaal
. Beckytee
Kagarko
Barselonia
INCUBATHOR
temmyt20
trendy01
adeh39
Bluestarry
motherlode
jordanice007
Trypa
chifez1
PharmFonex
yemajiteru
Dsparker
mohjisolah
ajaxtea
hillariousjane
mrklock
stuff46
Fareedha
motherlode
temmyt20
donPhil
Mczigx
Kagarko
emarkson
yemajiteru
. Bluestarry
trendy01
hassan85
charijee
LouisVanGaal
Dmony
Barselonia
Barselonia
mrklock
rapmike
Xslaze3xd
Sheenor
chuks87
Fareedha
hebex12
XploraBen
XploraBen
Aliyullahi
Wallexander001
justcome99
yemajiteru
Stoneofhelp08
opalk
dtito
brainpower
unilever
kingvicking
zuma4k
leki10
AdahXris
Whyykayy,murtaj, adewaletb2, zuma4k,faithgokz, samcidon:, Fatalveli, Psalmwise, emsheddy, Kagarko, TRIPPLEAB, Barselonia..
md4real, Xp01, adeh39, LogoDWhiz, Fatalveli, absky5, boladex1, zuma4k,
Y
chifez1
Toskie92
Emsheddy
Whyykayy,murtaj, adewaletb2, zuma4k,faithgokz, samcidon:, Fatalveli, Psalmwise, emsheddy, Kagarko, TRIPPLEAB, Barselonia..
vanhelsing2099
cutedimple
pelumiakinboye, chilordson, murtaj, Kagarko, Kemzynation, Trypa,adeh39,vanhelsing2099,Barselonia,TRIPPLEAB,rapmike,donPhil,cutedimple,Ann2612,opalk,sconp
St8updiva
brainpower
Stoneofhelp08
Re: Pawns- A Story About The Kidnapped Girls by stuff46(m): 10:01am On Jan 27, 2015
kingp i de tell you
its a very intressinq piece that you have here dive, buh the names na wah oh.
I have arrived.
Re: Pawns- A Story About The Kidnapped Girls by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 27, 2015
stuff46:
kingp i de tell you
its a very intressinq piece that you have here dive, buh the names na wah oh.
I have arrived.
Boss, no mind me..I don't want to name names and name religions
but if you look at those names very well you might come to a conclusion about that name
Re: Pawns- A Story About The Kidnapped Girls by stuff46(m): 10:35am On Jan 27, 2015
Divepen:

Boss, no mind me..I don't want to name names and name religions
but if you look at those names very well you might come to a conclusion about that name

i will try sha but iam an easy forgettinq type.
Re: Pawns- A Story About The Kidnapped Girls by toykathy(f): 6:27pm On Jan 27, 2015
terrorism, i ll see dis 2d end. Divepen hope ur 51days is enuf to finish code breaker n dis? Fingers crossed. Waitin with anticipatn. Ride on boss.
Re: Pawns- A Story About The Kidnapped Girls by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 27, 2015
toykathy:
terrorism, i ll see dis 2d end. Divepen hope ur 51days is enuf to finish code breaker n dis? Fingers crossed. Waitin with anticipatn. Ride on boss.
We hope
Re: Pawns- A Story About The Kidnapped Girls by theorbiters: 10:11pm On Jan 27, 2015
Yeaahhhh!!!! My guy, my guy. You know I wud never miss your stories for anything. But Divepen, as u no finish that Underground room in the Library, e pain me ooo. I just hope you have a copyright for this cos I don't wanna miss a thing. Fire on, na we dey here! Na we get am.
Re: Pawns- A Story About The Kidnapped Girls by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 29, 2015
theorbiters:
Yeaahhhh!!!! My guy, my guy. You know I wud never miss your stories for anything. But Divepen, as u no finish that Underground room in the Library, e pain me ooo. I just hope you have a copyright for this cos I don't wanna miss a thing. Fire on, na we dey here! Na we get am.
Yes...
Re: Pawns- A Story About The Kidnapped Girls by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 29, 2015
Chapter 1
There is a notion that Pastors' children have high tendency of becoming wayward. Whether the notion is true or not Joy cannot say but she know that she want to enjoy her life. She is tired of being humilated by her parent because she just said something that was wrong or because she had acted irrationally or because she just looked somehow: no what she do, her mother would see fault somewhere.
' You shouldn't have done that?'
' How dare you do...?'
' What has gotten into you?'
' A pastor daughter saying...?'.
Joy is the second child of four but life had made her become the first, even though she did not know. It is not because destiny wanted it or because someone had hidden the information from her; rather her brother just died in a bomb blast while she was in the market walking happily.
She is 5.7 ft tall and fair girl, whose ambition is to have the longest natural hair in the world. Joy had so much cared for her hair that even ladies do turn back to take a good look at the hair.
While the world was busy condemning the Jokolome group for bombing a local government in Senab state, the capital of Masquadaland; while they were watching the lunar eclipse and they were consoling some people that died in a shooting and an earthquake, Joy was looking at the market women.
The women were not shouting; rather, their ears were glued to the radio. It seems everybody had brought radio to the market that night, and they had all decided to listen to the same raido station because the noise echoed in the market. Those that did not bring radio to the market listened from their stall; in fact, some had to leave their wares just to vividly hear what was being said on the radio. Even, people who were there to buy things had to stop and listen to a report.
Joy wished she could wait to listen but what's her concern? The only thing running on her mind at that moment was seeing Ismail, a follower of the Rapotin law, and that was what separated them in the first place because she is of the Kiriyo religion. Although, they both claim to serve the same God but their ways of behaviour are different, and this is the reason her parent were always again his seeing her; also, his parent do not want to see them together.
The opportunity to meet with him came when she was taken by her parent to a school in Busi local government in Nowebo state. She was going to write her W.A.E.C exam and they, she and the other student that were to write the exam, were boarded in a school that was guarded by police.
She hurried as she checked her wristwatch, pressing a button that produce green lights into the wristwatch, she had spent ten minutes out of the fifty minutes she had booked for.
Ismail had told her to meet him at a small restaurant.
She smiled as the cool breeze of the night passed her by, as she smelt the fried 'wara'(a sort of buns made from milk'), as she saw her black gown clunged to her body, as she saw another woman stare at her.
Suddenly, she squeezed her face. Her bladder was almost bursting, she had been hoping she could hold her urine for a long time but it was hurting her seriously. She looked around and ran to the back of an abadoned shop.
' In four hours', a voice said from the bush, making her freeze on the spot. She had finish urinating and was about to leave when the voice came.
' What about the ponice outside the gate?'.
' We will kill them'.
' Good. I hope Purinki win be happy about this', the second person asked, fear showing in his voice.
' He will... Have you not gotten the gist. He love us to destroy everyone from the Kiriyo, that is if they refuse to be a convert'.
' Yes... We are tired of infidens taking over the neadership position'.
' Yes... Now that we've bombed Senab, the F.C.T, we have diverted their attention, and even if Purinki does not love to do that, we are still independent'.
'Oh! Whant abount thant newspaper erm... ''SkyRocket News'' thant seem to know whant we anre up to.'
' Oh! We hacked into their site and destroyed everything.'
'Goond'.
' So, we will be going to kidnap those girls that came for exam tonight'.
Something crawl pass Joy's feet, and she shook her leg, disturbing the sacred silence of the night. She had been tranfixed to the position by the revelation of what she was getting and had forgotten that she was suppose to hide from the men.
' Whun is thenre', the Jolomeist with the 'N' slip of tongue shouted.
Joy refused to move.
' It is an animal', the other said flippantly.
' Lent me chenck'.
Up on hearing this Joy ran out of her hiding into the street.
What were they doing there in the first place?
Re: Pawns- A Story About The Kidnapped Girls by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 29, 2015
[color=990000]I can be sure that almost every story is being copied by someone. When Candy's was discovered the page owner said that countless other pages have posted her story without her having a clue.

Please, if you have a story, I think you should put it at hold for now. No criminal should stop you from making fame or money from your story. There are better things - profitable things to do with your story than posting it in a site where it is sure to be stolen.

Heed this, or wait till you enter a bookshop and find your story being sold at 10k per copy while you are still drinking epa and guguru for breakfast.
[/color]

Ayamlaykorn
Re: Pawns- A Story About The Kidnapped Girls by stuff46(m): 12:42pm On Jan 29, 2015
Dyoungstar:
It's my honour to reckon with every writer and reader here

What has been happening to the writers in this forum is no longer acceptable in this age and time.

One does not wash his hands clean only to crack nuts for the chicken.

A dog cannot after eating shit and the sheep's teeth get stained.

He that goes about setting the world ablaze, will always come for more matches.

It is so sad that Seun and his league of extra ordinary MODs whom 90% of them are sadist especially to literature section and writers does not have any reasonable solution to proffer to our plight in the group. This kept me wondering if Seun actually created this site himself or he hired someone who does not know the nitty gritty of programming to design this site, much to my chagrin this site was design using joomla or a template design that cannot allow for further modification, hence Seun should have known that he can create a code in the literature section that'll disable copying of text in the group.

To make matters worse, Seun came up with a disclaimer that our posts are solely our responsibility to carter for. Whoever gave him that advise is wicked Because that statement has placed him in the shoes of sadist also.

I know that after reading this post either Seun or his worshippers called MODs will trash it and ban me for 1 year, this is not the first time of them doing it, so am prepared for the worst, all the same, our voices must be heard.

My fellow literature lovers, I implore you all to stop writing on NL for now until the management has digged out a lasting solution, then if you have a story running on NL be it literature, sexuality, diaries or any section; Because our adversary the plagiarist are looming around looking for stories to steal, and they are not willing to stop anytime soon.

So many people's works have been stolen by literature thieves from different countries.

I remember a Ghanaian stealing AudreyTims Unfulfilled Promises etc.

Therefore I suggest that everyone pauses his/her stories until there are tangible reasons to continue, moreover, we are not paid like the MODs to write, yet we are the ones suffering.

In a nut shell, let's abandon all stories till further notice even if it takes 2 years; meanwhile as a writer be writing and storing them in your books or system, you can even make money by publishing them into an ebook (contact me if you need assistance on the ebook thing, I'll definitely help). Lastly, pull down half of your story from NL and let's see how they'll steal them.

Thanks for your candid response.

Signed:
#LET'S FIGHT PLAGIARISM GROUP ON WHATSAPP

#SayNoToPlagiarism.

MODs am waiting for your ban.

Note: Seun and his MODs can't do anything more than what they are doing but they can help disable copy and paste and stop banning people for saying their minds.
Re: Pawns- A Story About The Kidnapped Girls by VigorousV(f): 3:26pm On Feb 02, 2015
observing
Re: Pawns- A Story About The Kidnapped Girls by Cybershow(m): 9:38am On Feb 04, 2015
Omoh oga divepen dat z a nyc piece here
Re: Pawns- A Story About The Kidnapped Girls by opalk(m): 12:49pm On Apr 24, 2015
interesting piece
Re: Pawns- A Story About The Kidnapped Girls by missuniverse(f): 9:53am On Apr 25, 2015
present
following
Re: Pawns- A Story About The Kidnapped Girls by Divepen1(m): 8:10pm On Apr 25, 2015
Who resurrected this thread na

(1) (Reply)

Red Ribbon / My Blind Date Experience (true Life Story) / The Weapon Of A Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.