Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Microsoft Unveils Windows 10, Says Upgrade Is Free - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Microsoft Unveils Windows 10, Says Upgrade Is Free (1408 Views)

Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July / See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade / The wait is over: Welcome Windows 10! The World Most Awaited Operating System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Microsoft Unveils Windows 10, Says Upgrade Is Free by expensive007(m): 12:33pm On Jan 22, 2015
Here’s some good news for Windows fans the world over. Microsoft will allow you to upgrade from Windows 7, Windows 8.1, or Windows Phone 8 for free to Windows 10.
During today’s unveiling of Windows 10 for consumers, Terry Myerson executive vice president of Microsoft’s Operating Systems Group, revealed that the company will allow users of its most recent operating system, Windows 8.1, to upgrade free to its upcoming operating system in perpetuity. The 600-million-odd users of Windows 7 will have a year to take advantage of the full upgrade.
The last time round, Microsoft charged $120 to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8 — one of the possible reasons the vast majority of Windows users declined to make the move.
This marks a significant shift in how Microsoft views Windows, Myerson says. Windows is no longer a static operating system but a constantly evolving service.
“The question of, ‘What version of Windows are you running?’ will no longer be a thing,” Myerson says. “Windows is a service. Users will always be up to date.”
n the Live Stream, Microsoft also announced that Cortana, its artificial intelligence-powered personal assistant and competitor for Apple’s Siri and Google Now, is coming to desktop PCs and Microsoft’s new Spartan browser. Cortana will be able to answer questions, manage your schedule, send emails on your behalf, and much more, says Joe Belfiore, corporate vice president of the Operating Systems Group.

“She’s like another member of the family, sitting around waiting to get things done,” says Belfiore.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/windows-10-takes-huge-strides-to-correct-108767403494.html

Re: Microsoft Unveils Windows 10, Says Upgrade Is Free by fijiano202(m): 12:36pm On Jan 22, 2015
hmmmm... am a nigerian and i understand that nothing is free in life
Re: Microsoft Unveils Windows 10, Says Upgrade Is Free by expensive007(m): 12:38pm On Jan 22, 2015
fijiano202:
i wonder o. let's keep our fingers crossed and wait for d unveiling of d activator
Re: Microsoft Unveils Windows 10, Says Upgrade Is Free by paranorman(m): 12:44pm On Jan 22, 2015
Cant wait to lay me hands on this. It had better be free!!!
Re: Microsoft Unveils Windows 10, Says Upgrade Is Free by expensive007(m): 1:42pm On Jan 22, 2015
[quote author=paranorman post=30025858]Cant wait to lay me hands on this. It had better be free!!![/quotes ] hhhmm, it's not difficult to know a true 9ja man grin grin grin
Re: Microsoft Unveils Windows 10, Says Upgrade Is Free by ApexTitan(m): 1:46pm On Jan 22, 2015
fijiano202:

Did you not pay for Windows 7 or 8?
Re: Microsoft Unveils Windows 10, Says Upgrade Is Free by fijiano202(m): 1:55pm On Jan 22, 2015
ApexTitan:

Did you not pay for Windows 7 or 8?
i dont understand the thought behind ur question
Re: Microsoft Unveils Windows 10, Says Upgrade Is Free by paranorman(m): 2:39pm On Jan 22, 2015
[quote author=expensive007 post=30027635][/quote]
no be so o. I buy windows 8.1 na. So as 10 kon show and dem talk say na free, make dem better leave am like that.
Re: Microsoft Unveils Windows 10, Says Upgrade Is Free by ApexTitan(m): 5:21pm On Jan 22, 2015
fijiano202:
i dont understand the thought behind ur question

Your comment earlier was about there not being anything for free right? Well you can consider your payment for Windows 7/8 as payment for Windows 10. See Windows 10 as an extension of the product you paid for.

Or you can insist that MS collects your money for Win 10 if you don't want it for free. grin
Re: Microsoft Unveils Windows 10, Says Upgrade Is Free by ApexTitan(m): 5:23pm On Jan 22, 2015
paranorman:

no be so o. I buy windows 8.1 na. So as 10 kon show and dem talk say na free, make dem better leave am like that.

You can pay me if you don't want to recieve Windows 10 for free.
Re: Microsoft Unveils Windows 10, Says Upgrade Is Free by fijiano202(m): 5:39pm On Jan 22, 2015
ApexTitan:

Your comment earlier was about there not being anything for free right? Well you can consider your payment for Windows 7/8 as payment for Windows 10. See Windows 10 as an extension of the product you paid for.

Or you can insist that MS collects your money for Win 10 if you don't want it for free. grin
wait till the activators is out before u jump to conclusion....theres always 30days-60days trial

also i have never paid for any window,theres always a crack somewhere
Re: Microsoft Unveils Windows 10, Says Upgrade Is Free by ApexTitan(m): 5:50pm On Jan 22, 2015
fijiano202:
wait till the activators is out before u jump to conclusion....theres always 30days-60days trial

SMH

There I was thinking you were a proud paying customer, I didn't know you were a freeloader.

So why do you seem displeased that Windows 10 is a free upgrade for 7/8 users?
Re: Microsoft Unveils Windows 10, Says Upgrade Is Free by fijiano202(m): 5:58pm On Jan 22, 2015
ApexTitan:

SMH

There I was thinking you were a proud paying customer, I didn't know you were a freeloader.

So why do you seem displeased that Windows 10 is a free upgrade for 7/8 users?
oga i dont mind be a freeloader....report me to microsoft if u aint pleased

i only said nothing is free
Re: Microsoft Unveils Windows 10, Says Upgrade Is Free by paranorman(m): 6:18pm On Jan 22, 2015
ApexTitan:

You can pay me if you don't want to recieve Windows 10 for free.
okay, mayb in 1973!
Re: Microsoft Unveils Windows 10, Says Upgrade Is Free by femi4: 9:26pm On Jan 22, 2015
I ve always been installing them for free since xp days
Re: Microsoft Unveils Windows 10, Says Upgrade Is Free by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 23, 2015
fijiano202:

grin true
Re: Microsoft Unveils Windows 10, Says Upgrade Is Free by expensive007(m): 2:03pm On Jan 23, 2015
;Dvery soon d activators will storm d internet websites
Re: Microsoft Unveils Windows 10, Says Upgrade Is Free by expensive007(m): 3:16am On Jan 24, 2015
femi4:
I ve always been installing them for free since xp days
Since tym memorial. Xp is one of d best windows of all Microsoft OS

(1) (Reply)

How To Turn Off/disable Windows Update In Windows 10 Operating System / . / Mint Macbooks and high end systems For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.