Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

You May Be A Victim Of Software Counterfeiting - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / You May Be A Victim Of Software Counterfeiting (2714 Views)

"you May Be A Victim Of Software Counterfeiting. This Copy Of Windows Did Not Pa / You May Be A Victim Of Software Counterfeiting, Check Out The Solution / Xp Software Counterfeiting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You May Be A Victim Of Software Counterfeiting by eleshin(m): 10:16am On Dec 23, 2008
YOU MAY BE A VICTIM OF SOFTWARE COUNTERFEITING.THIS WINDOW DID NOT PASS THROUGH GENUINE WINDOWS VALIDATION.
this is the message that has been popping up on my laptop since four days ago and i tried to follow the steps until it got to a stage the told me to pay 149$ for the genuine windows,pls what can i do oh,i don't want anything to happen to my lappy.i will appreciate any useful contribution from you guys.
Re: You May Be A Victim Of Software Counterfeiting by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 23, 2008
easy resolution. you dont even have to buy anything.
follow the instruction as outlined on the page but instead choose to activate it over the telephone.

you'd need to enter your current location and then a number will be displayed for you to call.
when you call, YOU MUST TELL THEM THAT YOU HAVE NOT USED THAT COPY OF THE OPERATING SYSTEM ON ANY OTHER MACHINE. TELL THEM THAT THE LAPTOP WAS BOUGHT PRE-INSTALLED AND READY TO USE.

The above has never failed me. i do it regularly.
but before you try the above, make sure you have typed in the correct licence key.
Re: You May Be A Victim Of Software Counterfeiting by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 23, 2008
dont listen to him - dude wants to et you up

reinstall windows
go to "services" and disable "automatic updates"
Re: You May Be A Victim Of Software Counterfeiting by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 23, 2008
oyb:

don't listen to him - dude wants to et you up

reinstall windows
go to "services" and disable "automatic updates"

can you please explain how I'm going to eat him up? i don't remember posting a phone number or a link asking for his details.

by the way, disabling automatic updates is another option but it makes ur laptop an easy prey as it will not have all the critical security updates such as SP3 if you running XP windows. you will also not have the last version of Internet explorer.
Re: You May Be A Victim Of Software Counterfeiting by Danapache(m): 4:55pm On Jan 15, 2009
I dont know if you will like to hear the gospel truth, I was faced with similar issue but just resolve my own last week, what u need to do is back up or copy all application and software to a flash drive or another hard disk, and then format your laptop,and then ensure you disable automatic update and dont ever install any update

(1) (Reply)

We Fix Desktop Computers / How To Use The Mtn Bonus Airtime (confirmed!!!) / Bit Torrent And Utorrent -who Knows Something About It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.