Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

update: Toyota Camry Goes Off On Pls Help Me And The Car - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / update: Toyota Camry Goes Off On Pls Help Me And The Car (8498 Views)

See The Car I Spotted At Apapa This Afternoon / What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? / How To Handle A Tyre Burst While Driving At Top Speed (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: update: Toyota Camry Goes Off On Pls Help Me And The Car by mayor2013: 7:17am On Jan 26, 2015
[quote author=cmoney22222 post=30135663]Boss ,ecu and powertrain control module same as brain box?. Thanks chillex was here. Pls reply so I can post a link for you to help me clear a doubt.

Chillex8
Gazzuzz
Decotech
Lomomike
Mayor2013
Khazeem
And others

They are all same. Am sure Mr kazeem must have done some sparking of wires which ln turn affected your ECU. grin
Re: update: Toyota Camry Goes Off On Pls Help Me And The Car by honmusa(m): 6:03am On Jan 28, 2015
cmoney22222:
Wise ones, pls my toyota camry 1997 pencil lite I4 engine is not making me happy. Before I give you my long story of what just happened to me this nite, let me tell you the issue.. The car just suddenly goes off on motion or in traffic. Before, when it does like this and I start it , it comes up at onces, but now, na lie oo. It hard starts and can take 20 times to start.

This nite, as I was going to ketu, the car just went off at palmgroove express, some thugs came out from dark corner and said they wanted to help me, but I know all is wayo. The push it small and said this money is 20k for pushing. I was praying in the car that I car should start, as I want trying the ignition and hearing their harsh voices of the thug, suddenly, the car start and I sped of. They cursed them self. I was wondering when to get 20k and give then becasue I know my phn is will be taken by them. Make I stop to much story. Pls what do I do , lomomike, gazzuzz, decotech, mayor123, all other bossess observed.. Pls
Guy ,there are only 3 systems dt can be responsible for ur hard starting issue assume ecu is ok: Ignition system e.g ckp,coil etc.fuel system e.g fuel pump,injector and air system e.g leak in the air intake system.All this means u need the combination of fuel ,air and spark to get ur car starting and running ,anything hindering this will cause starting issue.
Try to scan ur system so dt d faulty system can be identified easily ,instead of wasting time and resourceses on what is still ok.
Re: update: Toyota Camry Goes Off On Pls Help Me And The Car by cmoney22222: 7:44am On Feb 02, 2015

1 Like

Re: update: Toyota Camry Goes Off On Pls Help Me And The Car by bolu12: 7:48pm On Feb 10, 2015
Could be a sensor problem
Re: update: Toyota Camry Goes Off On Pls Help Me And The Car by cmoney22222: 1:07pm On Feb 11, 2015
yes, sensor was changed, thanks, enjoying the car now with F1 driving skills... am so happy

bolu12:
Could be a sensor problem
Re: update: Toyota Camry Goes Off On Pls Help Me And The Car by richieray04: 7:51am On Nov 22, 2018
cmoney22222:
Great people

Update on the Car

This is to update the thread, got decotech, gazzuzz, chillex8 come diagnose the car. The scan came up with code p1210(injector circuit misfire) and p0015(ect misfire)I changed the ect sensor 1500 naira and the car is fine now.

Gazzuzz even wanted to help with his ecu so I can use and test the car. Even when the car was messing up, I and chillex8 had to push the car when it when off on the express. You experts are great and wonderful, I don't know how to thank you all. Thanks for all your calls to know the update on this car. But am still test driving as suggested by chillex8. God bless you also

Good morning O...I know this is an old thread but my camry 2007 exhibits same issue. Could I have the contact of the guy that fixed yours? Thanks in advance.
Re: update: Toyota Camry Goes Off On Pls Help Me And The Car by cmoney22222: 8:41am On Nov 22, 2018
richieray04:

Good morning O...I know this is an old thread but my camry 2007 exhibits same issue. Could I have the contact of the guy that fixed yours? Thanks in advance.
have you scanned the car sir?
Re: update: Toyota Camry Goes Off On Pls Help Me And The Car by richieray04: 8:02am On Nov 23, 2018
cmoney22222:
have you scanned the car sir?

Thank you for the response. It was actually my wife that drove the car when it happened yday...Wen I sent a rewire to check, it was discovered that the metal guarding the battery had shifted after she admittedly entered a deep pothole and was resting on the positive terminal of the battery. This appears to have been responsible for the shutting off....it was tightened and she drove it back home without any hassles and this morning as well. We will observe it over d weekend too. Thanks again.
Re: update: Toyota Camry Goes Off On Pls Help Me And The Car by dadalicious: 12:05pm On Nov 25, 2020
cmoney22222:
yes, sensor was changed, thanks, enjoying the car now with F1 driving skills... am so happy

Cmoney22222
I know this thread is over 5 years, but this is exactly my issue with 1999 Camry pencil light.
Please which sensor did you change
Re: update: Toyota Camry Goes Off On Pls Help Me And The Car by cmoney22222: 1:14pm On Nov 25, 2020
I go don forget ooo. Let me try. It has to do with water coolant sensor

dadalicious:

Cmoney22222
I know this thread is over 5 years, but this is exactly my issue with 1999 Camry pencil light.
Re: update: Toyota Camry Goes Off On Pls Help Me And The Car by sheu01: 2:42pm On Nov 25, 2020
dadalicious:

Cmoney22222
Your issue is not sensor, change ignition coil but they are two there, tell your rewire to change d two and thank me later.

1 Like

Re: update: Toyota Camry Goes Off On Pls Help Me And The Car by chromehagin: 7:31pm On Jul 18, 2021
Hello. I understand this' an old. Please whixh sensor did you change and did it ever happen again since then? My Camry pencil light is doing same. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: update: Toyota Camry Goes Off On Pls Help Me And The Car by cmoney22222: 7:22am On Jul 19, 2021
Water coolant sensor. After that no issue again.
chromehagin:
Hello. I understand this' an old. Please whixh sensor did you change and did it ever happen again since then? My Camry pencil light is doing same. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: update: Toyota Camry Goes Off On Pls Help Me And The Car by chromehagin: 8:14pm On Jul 21, 2021
Thank you
Re: update: Toyota Camry Goes Off On Pls Help Me And The Car by chromehagin: 11:06pm On Dec 06, 2021
sheu01:

Your issue is not sensor, change ignition coil but they are two there, tell your rewire to change d two and thank me later.
This actually worked.
Thank you

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Maintenance Tips To Keep Your Car Running / Car Child Seat In Nigeria: When To Stop Using It? / What Is The Name Of Your First Car.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.