Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,009 members, 7,825,150 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

How Tiwa Savage Helped & Kill Mocheddah's Music Career - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How Tiwa Savage Helped & Kill Mocheddah's Music Career (2534 Views)

Olamide Speaks About Efe Ejeba's Music Career (Video) / How Tiwa Salvage Dated/slept With 2face Idibia-Sahara reporters / How Tiwa Savage Implicated Herself Should Anything Happen To Teebillz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Tiwa Savage Helped & Kill Mocheddah's Music Career by jiggaz(m): 9:41am On Jan 23, 2015
I have to rewrite this article again cos of the many requests by Nairalanders when i made mention of it in my last article.

In 2010, Mocheddah was the poster girl of the Nigerian music industry. She was the biggest female artiste in Nigeria. She released her single IF YOU WANT ME which made it to the music charts coupled with the crispy clear video by Clarence Peters. She then released KO MA ROLL and her FRANCHISE CELEBRITY album which catapulted her to stardom. She was gaining airplay from all the mainstream media in Nigeria. She won the Channel O Music Award for THE MOST GIFTED FEMALE and also MTV Africa Music Award for THE BEST NEW ACT. Mocheddah practically became one of the hottest music stars in Nigeria. Every female artiste then was looking up to her, Wizkid was relatively unknown then.

Then came 2011, she released another single SEE ME ft Phenom and it became an instant hit. Every mainstream media in Lagos and around the country was playing both the song and the video. Mocheddah was on a roll playing various shows around the country and beyond. She was smiling to the bank all through.

Meanwhile, a new female artiste was creating industry buzz with a single KELE KELE LOVE and that was TIWA SAVAGE. People were captivated by her sultry voice and delivery and we were like WHO IS THIS GIRL? She released her video and peeps were wowed. She then released LOVE ME LOVE ME which went ahead to become a hit.

After the SEE ME single by Mocheddah she didn't release any song again for the whole of 2011 and that was where she started failing. Cos the Number One rule in the industry is that you have to be consistent in other to retain your spot. Then came 2012 and Mocheddah practically disappeared from the industry, no song, nothing and she also left Knighthouse her Label.

Meanwhile, Tiwa Savage have been creating a buzz with, her songs, then towards the end of 2011,she released her controversial LOVE ME LOVE ME video which solidified her place in the industry. She took advantage of the vacuum created by Mocheddah for a Powerful Female and she occupied the throne. Tiwa practically became the most talked about female in the industry coupled with her powerful stage craft and Beyonce-like dance moves. Her signing to Mavin Records grounded. her throne.

In September 2012, Mocheddah reappeard and released COMING FOR YOU ft May D, a very catchy song. But somehow, the media and Nigerians slept on the song. Then came April 2013 and Mocheddah came back fully to the industry and released DESTINAMBARI ft Phyno and it became a hit. But by then Tiwa Savage have become a Queen Mother and the most powerful female artiste in Nigeria. So Mocheddah had to start from the scratch again. She released a couple of singles after that, with good videos too but it didn't hit the charts.

INDUSTRY RULE NUMBER 1 - Never you leave the industry just like dat after hitting it big cos the Nigerian fans are not loyal.
To all upcoming artistes, learn from Mocheddah.

1 Like

Re: How Tiwa Savage Helped & Kill Mocheddah's Music Career by francizy(m): 9:47am On Jan 23, 2015
Wait oh OP, I was hoping to see where Tiwa helped her career in your article but I didn't. undecided
Re: How Tiwa Savage Helped & Kill Mocheddah's Music Career by jiggaz(m): 9:51am On Jan 23, 2015
francizy:
Wait oh OP, I was hoping to see where Tiwa helped her career in your article but I didn't. undecided
Read in between the lines bro.
Re: How Tiwa Savage Helped & Kill Mocheddah's Music Career by chucky234(m): 1:16pm On Jan 23, 2015
jiggaz:
Read in between the lines bro.
nothing dey in between the lines jare.
Re: How Tiwa Savage Helped & Kill Mocheddah's Music Career by jiggaz(m): 5:00pm On Jan 23, 2015
chucky234:
nothing dey in between the lines jare.
U no go school then.
Re: How Tiwa Savage Helped & Kill Mocheddah's Music Career by chucky234(m): 12:43am On Jan 24, 2015
jiggaz:
U no go school then.
see who go school, I see you Oxford graduate.
Re: How Tiwa Savage Helped & Kill Mocheddah's Music Career by jiggaz(m): 7:07am On Jan 24, 2015
chucky234:
see who go school, I see you Oxford graduate.
Thanx bro. Oxford graduate, class of 2006.
Re: How Tiwa Savage Helped & Kill Mocheddah's Music Career by jiggaz(m): 7:16am On Feb 02, 2015
the matter
Re: How Tiwa Savage Helped & Kill Mocheddah's Music Career by jiggaz(m): 11:14pm On Feb 16, 2015
Interesting read.
Re: How Tiwa Savage Helped & Kill Mocheddah's Music Career by rondo235: 1:00am On Feb 17, 2015
I luv dis lady tiwa savage—born diva...am wit u always
Re: How Tiwa Savage Helped & Kill Mocheddah's Music Career by jiggaz(m): 10:48am On Feb 17, 2015
rondo235:
ok
Re: How Tiwa Savage Helped & Kill Mocheddah's Music Career by jiggaz(m): 4:10pm On Jul 20, 2015
rondo235:
Re: How Tiwa Savage Helped & Kill Mocheddah's Music Career by dean007(m): 4:23pm On Jul 20, 2015
The biggest problem of Nigerian artist is leaving the label that believed in u and created ur brand for an unknown label owned by ur self thinking u know it all. She left knigthouse and became useless.
Re: How Tiwa Savage Helped & Kill Mocheddah's Music Career by jiggaz(m): 4:25pm On Jul 20, 2015
dean007:
The biggest problem of Nigerian artist is leaving the label that believed in u and created ur brand for an unknown label owned by ur self thinking u know it all. She left knigthouse and became useless.
Re: How Tiwa Savage Helped & Kill Mocheddah's Music Career by Forzap: 5:20pm On Jul 20, 2015
Mehn dis op nor well @ all undecided
Re: How Tiwa Savage Helped & Kill Mocheddah's Music Career by M4gunners: 5:28pm On Jul 20, 2015
What did this Op stands to gain nnow with this. Tiwa is not feeding her either.

(1) (Reply)

Photos:2face,Flavour And Other Nigerian Celebrities And Their Love For Kitchen / Nigerian Musician Ketchup Caught Pants Down With Video Vixen In Hotel Room? / Sasha Obama Turns 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.