Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,031 members, 7,953,101 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:43 AM

10 Awesome Benefits Of Playing Games - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / 10 Awesome Benefits Of Playing Games (1816 Views)

Lessons I Learnt From Playing Video Games / Get Paid For Playing Games Onlines.....and It's Legitimate / 10 Eye-opening Benefits Of Playing Video Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Awesome Benefits Of Playing Games by Chidexter(m): 8:49pm On Jan 23, 2015
First Generation Video Game players have now become adult and carry their passion for games to adulthood.

Parents, Teachers and certain people worry about games having negative effects on children and a great deal has been written about games leading to violent behaviours and addiction.

However, all is not negative about gaming, studies by leading researchers have shown that there are many benefits of video games.

1. Games help children who are ill or have injuries

Absorption in a game, distracts the mind from pain and discomfort, some hospitals are encouraging children and others undergoing treatments to play games.

The University of Utah released a studylast year that examined the effects of regular gaming on children diagnosed with illnesses like autism, depression, and Parkinson's disease. Kids who played certain games, including one designed just for the study, showed signs of improvement in "resilience, empowerment, and a 'fighting spirit.'" Researchers believe the games' ability to act on "neuronal mechanisms that activate positive emotions and the reward system" helped improve kids' demeanors as they faced the daily challenges of their illnesses.

2. Playing Games Reduces Stress and Depression

Games have been known to aid in reducing stress in humans, especially action packed or arcade games like (e.g
NOVA, God of war, candy crush e.t.c.

3. Games improve your vision

Video games can improve your vision
Mom may have warned you that sitting in front of the TV wasn't good for your eyes. But one developmental psychologist found it could actually be beneficial to your vision. Dr. Daphen Maurer of the Visual Development Lab of Ontario's McMaster University made a surprising discovery: People suffering from cataracts can improve their vision by playing first-person shooter games likeMedal of Honor and Call of Duty. She believes these games are so fast-paced that they require an extreme amount of attention, training the visually impaired to view things more sharply. They can also produce higher levels of dopamine and adrenaline that "potentially may make the brain more plastic," she said.

4. Playing Games help improve your decision making

Most video games require fast reactions and split-second decisions that can mean the difference between virtual life and virtual death. Due to constant practice, the brain is trained to deal with situations which it wasnt quite familar with before.

5. Games are also another form of education

some pilots play games that simulates flight in planes, Puzzles can help kids to develop their maths skills e.t.c.

6. Helps you think Quickly and Efficiently

As a result of playing challenging games, one develops a never give up attitude which could translate into real life events.

7. It helps you become more sociable

Is it by playing one on one with your friends at home? Like in Football matches, on Fifa or PES or by playing online with millions of other gamers around the world.

8. Increases your intellect

Playing games aids in your ability to think of effective strategies in other to surpass a particular challenge, to a gamer, there are many clever ways to solve a particular problem

9. Playing Games keeps you Motivated

By setting specific tasks and allowing young people to work through obstacles to achieve those tasks, video games can help boost self-esteem and help children learn the value of persistence.

10. It is Fun!

Who wouldnt be happy to play and beat his friend on a game of Fifa, or to come back from work after a hectic day, to continue on that unfinished business of finding the Golden eye in God of War. Its Pure Fun!.

I'm a Game freak and i salute all Gamers around the Globe, but remember Too much of Everything(most times) is bad.

http://www.ocmodshop.com/10-benefits-of-video-games/

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Awesome Benefits Of Playing Games by drey08(m): 8:56pm On Jan 23, 2015
I love games

I have a Xbox one
Re: 10 Awesome Benefits Of Playing Games by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 23, 2015
Yea. So true.

Well, while I might not look lIke it, I do play games alot. My big bro owns a PS 3, and sometimes he makes me play scoccer together. I hate it though. I love GTA more.

For the Fun, games rock!
Re: 10 Awesome Benefits Of Playing Games by Chidexter(m): 9:13pm On Jan 23, 2015
Sparksfly:
Yea. So true.

Well, while I might not look lIke it, I do play games alot. My big bro owns a PS 3, and sometimes he makes me play scoccer together. I hate it though. I love GTA more.

For the Fun, games rock!
wow, its kind of rare to find girls play games these days. I'm glad you consider it to be fun, i personally prefer football games to any other
Re: 10 Awesome Benefits Of Playing Games by Chidexter(m): 9:16pm On Jan 23, 2015
drey08:
I love games

I have a Xbox one

Good for you, i'll probably buy Xbox one next year, when the price has reduced.

What games are you currently playing on it?
Re: 10 Awesome Benefits Of Playing Games by drey08(m): 9:39pm On Jan 23, 2015
Chidexter:

Good for you, i'll probably buy Xbox one next year, when the price has reduced.

What games are you currently playing on it?
Fifa15, far cry, Sunset Overdrive,Forza
Re: 10 Awesome Benefits Of Playing Games by Chidexter(m): 10:00pm On Jan 23, 2015
drey08:

Awesome games especially fifa and far cry, wish i were in your shoes!.
Re: 10 Awesome Benefits Of Playing Games by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 23, 2015
Gamer here cool
Re: 10 Awesome Benefits Of Playing Games by Chidexter(m): 12:14am On Jan 24, 2015
youmour:
Gamer here cool

Hi
Re: 10 Awesome Benefits Of Playing Games by Chidexter(m): 11:20am On Jan 24, 2015
cao , mkmyers45
Re: 10 Awesome Benefits Of Playing Games by chidex15(m): 11:44am On Jan 24, 2015
Great article. FP material
Re: 10 Awesome Benefits Of Playing Games by cao(f): 1:21pm On Jan 24, 2015
I passed it on to TPTB the minute I saw it.
Re: 10 Awesome Benefits Of Playing Games by cao(f): 1:47pm On Jan 24, 2015
drey08:
Ah...Sunset Overdrive, I just love the spirit & OTT nature of this game. This is currently one of the reasons I would get an Xbox One, but Microsoft likes to go out of its way to annoy me with all their antics*.

*seriously don't ask
Re: 10 Awesome Benefits Of Playing Games by Chidexter(m): 2:03pm On Jan 24, 2015
cao:
I passed it on to TPTB the minute I saw it.
thanks
Re: 10 Awesome Benefits Of Playing Games by cao(f): 6:42pm On Jan 24, 2015
Chidexter:
thanks
Oh boy why you come dey form like you write the thing? Chei!
Anywho, TPTB would prefer more Nigerian based original content.
Re: 10 Awesome Benefits Of Playing Games by Chidexter(m): 7:52pm On Jan 24, 2015
I actually did write it myself Cao, loool. U should see the difference already, there are many points they stated which i chose to leave cos from experience i know what next to write . I just did more research to be honest...

Fp or not i believe i've made a point, cheers to all gamers nationwide.
Re: 10 Awesome Benefits Of Playing Games by cao(f): 8:17pm On Jan 24, 2015
Chidexter:
I actually did write it myself Cao, loool. U should see the difference already, there are many points they stated which i chose to leave cos from experience i know what next to write . I just did more research to be honest...

Fp or not i believe i've made a point, cheers to all gamers nationwide.
TPTB pointed it out, it would appear that you've based it too much on you research material. Unfortunately, it appears that it will remain a local champion of the gaming section. Good find though.
Re: 10 Awesome Benefits Of Playing Games by Chidexter(m): 8:44pm On Jan 24, 2015
cao:

TPTB pointed it out, it would appear that you've based it too much on you research material. Unfortunately, it appears that it will remain a local champion of the gaming section. Good find though.

Oh ok, thanks anyway.
Did TPTB state that i should modify it so as to look more original before they allow it on FP?? Or regardless of what i do they wont take it to fp?.
Re: 10 Awesome Benefits Of Playing Games by cao(f): 8:59pm On Jan 24, 2015
Chidexter:

Oh ok, thanks anyway.
Did TPTB state that i should modify it so as to look more original before they allow it on FP?? Or regardless of what i do they wont take it to fp?.
It's too similar to the original post, since they were able to find the the original source material from your post. If this was from a Nigerian blog/site or a NL original, this would have made FP. You could try again and I could re-submit it.
Re: 10 Awesome Benefits Of Playing Games by Chidexter(m): 9:24pm On Jan 24, 2015
cao:

It's too similar to the original post, since they were able to find the the original source material from your post. If this was from a Nigerian blog/site or a NL original, this would have made FP. You could try again and I could re-submit it.
ok thank you. I'll post a better article, hopefully it will match the criterias.

(1) (Reply)

How Much Can I Get A PS4 In Nigeria..? / What Is Your Best Game Theme Song On The Ps3 / Download & Play Subway Surfers Las Vegas On PC Windows 7/8/8.1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.