Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:10 AM

What If Your Fiancee Says This Repeatedly To You About Younger Sister? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What If Your Fiancee Says This Repeatedly To You About Younger Sister? (2343 Views)

Woman's Attempt To Seduce Younger Sister’s Husband With Love Portion Backfires / Whatsapp Exposes Zimbabwean Man's Affair With Wife’s Much Younger Sister (Pics) / Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? (2) (3) (4)

What If Your Fiancee Says This Repeatedly To You About Younger Sister? by mumumugu(m): 12:46am On Jan 24, 2015
What if your fiancee says this repeatedly to you about younger sister?

"your younger sister is finer than you"

? Why does someone have to be finER than anoher?
What is the subliminal message behind these words? It is another way of saying, ‘you are uglier than your sister’.

Is he trying to create sibling rivalry or an inferior complex for you against your family? Do they want you to try and compete with that family member or worse, try to make the family member less of a competition? Do they want you to believe it and feel bad?
Re: What If Your Fiancee Says This Repeatedly To You About Younger Sister? by greatgod2012(f): 4:32am On Jan 24, 2015
I will simply tell him that"beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" and ask him direct if he wants me or her.

Although, appreciating her beauty once in a while isn't bad or saying it better that you're all beautiful species in your family would be much more appreciated.

Wisdom is more profitable in all things.

Re: What If Your Fiancee Says This Repeatedly To You About Younger Sister? by xpac01(m): 10:33am On Jan 24, 2015
That's a very bad omen. . . Really this is a very frustrating mindset default with black people. We tend to say things without first thinking what effect our words will produce at a long run. We just say "am speaking my mind" as if we are speaking it to a tree.!
Re: What If Your Fiancee Says This Repeatedly To You About Younger Sister? by xpac01(m): 10:37am On Jan 24, 2015
greatgod2012:
I will simply tell him that"beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" and ask him direct if he wants me or her.

Although, appreciating her beauty once in a while isn't bad or saying it better that you're all beautiful species in your family would be much more appreciated.

Wisdom is more profitable in all things.
This will sound more like insecurity from you.
You'll better just get back at him by ignoring him. As in totally!. When he ask you then you school him on the impact of those empty words.
Re: What If Your Fiancee Says This Repeatedly To You About Younger Sister? by EfemenaXY: 10:39am On Jan 24, 2015
mumumugu:

What is the subliminal message behind these words? It is another way of saying, ‘you are uglier than your sister’.

Is he trying to create sibling rivalry or an inferior complex for you against your family? Do they want you to try and compete with that family member or worse, try to make the family member less of a competition? Do they want you to believe it and feel bad?

You should be directing those questions to him, and not nairalanders.

Get him to explain exactly what he means and why he persistently keeps telling you this. You and you only can get to the bottom of this.
Re: What If Your Fiancee Says This Repeatedly To You About Younger Sister? by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 24, 2015
mumumugu:

It means he's utterly disrespectful and a complete lout, very much like the weed smoking uncouth riff raff and mad dogs that litter NL. You should probably dump him.

Re: What If Your Fiancee Says This Repeatedly To You About Younger Sister? by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 24, 2015
ileobatojo:

It means he's utterly disrespectful and a complete lout, very much like the weed smoking uncouth riff raff and mad dogs that litter NL. You should probably dump him.

Epic!! So true. grin grin

Seconded. smiley

Re: What If Your Fiancee Says This Repeatedly To You About Younger Sister? by EfemenaXY: 11:23am On Jan 24, 2015
ileobatojo:

Lol!

Ile is on fire this morning! grin grin You aren't mincing your words are you? cheesy cheesy

Anyway, I think she already knows that, but since she still seeks clarification, she should hear it from the horse's own mouth. What a relationship!

Re: What If Your Fiancee Says This Repeatedly To You About Younger Sister? by Juzzybabe(f): 11:25am On Jan 24, 2015
No smoke without a fire cool He's not mature and if care is not taken,such guys can bring enemity between you and your sis and still walk away in the end leaving his victim or victims with broken hearts.

Re: What If Your Fiancee Says This Repeatedly To You About Younger Sister? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jan 24, 2015
He is shallow.

Re: What If Your Fiancee Says This Repeatedly To You About Younger Sister? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 24, 2015
The @op is somewhere probably laughing his arse off cheesy

U guys don't know him again? cheesy cheesy
Re: What If Your Fiancee Says This Repeatedly To You About Younger Sister? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 4:05pm On Jan 24, 2015
I will say ok with a smile...and reply.."Your friend (Xyz) is 'hotter' than you.
Re: What If Your Fiancee Says This Repeatedly To You About Younger Sister? by onegig(m): 5:44pm On Jan 24, 2015
xpac01:

This will sound more like insecurity from you.
You'll better just get back at him by ignoring him. As in totally!. When he ask you then you school him on the impact of those empty words.

It's insensitive..

Even if its obvious , you don't go mouthing it daily to her except you got sinister desires for the sister.

You should be her greatest fan, except maybe he fancies the sister more. cheesy
Re: What If Your Fiancee Says This Repeatedly To You About Younger Sister? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 24, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Lol!

Ile is on fire this morning! grin grin You aren't mincing your words are you? cheesy cheesy

Anyway, I think she already knows that, but since she still seeks clarification, she should hear it from the horse's own mouth. What a relationship!

Sophyrocks:

Epic!! So true. grin grin

Seconded. smiley

My dear, it's true o. This place is chock full of deranged ghetto paupers from chewing gum and firewood backgrounds. The girl in the OP is best advised to stay away from their types.
Re: What If Your Fiancee Says This Repeatedly To You About Younger Sister? by mutter(f): 7:23pm On Jan 24, 2015
Then he has already made a pass at her or is intending to ...
Re: What If Your Fiancee Says This Repeatedly To You About Younger Sister? by freecocoa(f): 8:41pm On Jan 24, 2015
Almost everyone who has met my younger sister and I the first time, says "kai D, we been think say you fine, see fine girl here or "wow, you sister is really beautiful,seems she's prettier than you or she's prettier than you", I don't take offense, to me, it's them speaking the obvious cos as far as I'm concerned, she's prettier(especially facially) but that doesn't threaten me in any way, it even makes me feel proud to know they think that highly of my sister, ofcourse they place me high too they are just 'wowed' there's someone else in my house, that much more awesome wink.

Ofcourse, nobody's told me this repeatedly, so I don't even remember it, now your fiance, was wowed there's even another awesome person in your family the first time so we understand, now why the continuous need to say it, it's not as if he praises you also while at it, why is he obsessed with that? What does he want you to do with that information, that he thinks you haven't gotten all these while?

It's not a big deal that your sister might be prettier than you, plus beauty is even subjective, you are prettier to someone else, so it's really about choice, if he'd rather be with her, then he should just say it, even if 'everyone' consider her prettier, it still doesn't make you lesser than her, it's just a fact that shouldn't mean more than what it is, so you don't have to feel bad about her being prettier or not, you should rather worry about the man who seems not to know what he wants, suffer no f00l, your bf is the one with the problem here.
Re: What If Your Fiancee Says This Repeatedly To You About Younger Sister? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 24, 2015
freecocoa:
Almost everyone who has met my younger sister and I the first time, says "kai D, we been think say you fine, see fine girl here or "wow, you sister is really beautiful,seems she's prettier than you or she's prettier than you", I don't take offense, to me, it's them speaking the obvious cos as far as I'm concerned, she's prettier(especially facially) but that doesn't threaten me in any way, it even makes me feel proud to know they think that highly of my sister, ofcourse they place me high too they are just 'wowed' there's someone else in my house, that much more awesome wink.

Ofcourse, nobody's told me this repeatedly, so I don't even remember it, now your fiance, was wowed there's even another awesome person in your family the first time so we understand, now why the continuous need to say it, it's not as if he praises you also while at it, why is he obsessed with that? What does he want you to do with that information, that he thinks you haven't gotten all these while?

It's not a big deal that your sister might be prettier than you, plus beauty is even subjective, you are prettier to someone else, so it's really about choice, if he'd rather be with her, then he should just say it, even if 'everyone' consider her prettier, it still doesn't make you lesser than her, it's just a fact that shouldn't mean more than what it is, so you don't have to feel bad about her being prettier or not, you should rather worry about the man who seems not to know what he wants, suffer no f00l, your bf is the one with the problem here.
Ermm... end of discussion. Give me your sister number make I confirm by myself
Re: What If Your Fiancee Says This Repeatedly To You About Younger Sister? by mumumugu(m): 9:19am On Mar 14, 2015
EfemenaXY:

You should be directing those questions to him, and not nairalanders.

Get him to explain exactly what he means and why he persistently keeps telling you this. You and you only can get to the bottom of this.

not me..am guy
Re: What If Your Fiancee Says This Repeatedly To You About Younger Sister? by TooNoisy(f): 9:39am On Mar 14, 2015
If it is a much junior sister, like she is 12 or younger I wouldn't worry, you know the way we say kids look cute.

But if he talks about another woman he could have access to, I will tell him to go find another girlfriend.

Husband Takes To Social Media To Disgrace Wife.. See What He Wrote / I Hate My Life / Can U Slap Ur Mother For $20,000,000 (twenty Million Dollars)