Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,223 members, 7,953,837 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:33 AM

LOGS AND DUST Matthew 7:1-6 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / LOGS AND DUST Matthew 7:1-6 (372 Views)

Nairaland Christian: What You Must Know In Matthew 7:6 / Religious Gangsters ( Matthew 7:21-23) - Paul Ellis / Judge Not Truth Behind Matthew 7:1 (a Must Read!!!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

LOGS AND DUST Matthew 7:1-6 by graluxxy054(f): 6:11am On Jan 24, 2015
Jesus sometimes used humor to drive home a truth. Think of the serious point in His humorous description in the above Bible passage. He accused the religious leaders of being like a man with a great big beam in his eyes offering to remove tiny speck from his brother's eyes. How ludicrous!
We are so blind to our own faults but think we can detect the slightest inconsistency in others. We carry two measuring sticks- one for ourselves and one for others.
We have two different sets of words to describe our actions. A "bad temper" in another, we call "righteous indignation" in ourselves. "Stinginess" in others is "frugality" when we practice it.
In addition, we tend to blame others for our own faults. A husband and wife, married 20 years, were driving along, when she suddenly remarked, "You know, John, you are not as you used to be in our early married years- romantic, loving and affectionate. Then we used to sit close to each other when we went driving, and now you seat so far from me." The husband gently replied, "Mary dear, I am sitting exactly where I always sit when I drive."
Let's be aware of a critical attitude. It not only blind us to our own faults but also has a way of backfiring!
>>>M. R. De Haan

HAPPY WEEKEND

(1) (Reply)

Easiest Way To Solve Your Problems!!!! (MUST READ) / Clinging To The Lord Your God / The Lord Is Giving Us The Final Call

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.