Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,466 members, 7,826,773 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) (8140 Views)

Some Nigerian Courses And Their Type Of Student / Be Cautious Of Student Pastors! (life Story) / Students Banned From Wearing Earphones In UNIBEN Following Death Of Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Mightyify(m): 8:19am On Jan 24, 2015
I wanted to do a political status today until i remembered what happened last semester in school. My faculty girl has been pestering me to visit their church even if it could be just once in my whole life. "Ify, we're having a special service on Sunday, you must come this time around" she said. I wanted to give an excuse but i ended up saying yes.

Sunday morning, my sleep was cut short with her frequent calls, i got up, dressed and head to the church. "brother, you're welcome to the service" an usher said with a smile and pointed to me where to sit. The whole atmosphere was agog with shouts of joy,

i was enjoying myself until i noticed two neatly dressed young outside the church auditorium discussing with one of them demonstrating with his hands. "who are those people?" i asked as if i was seeing the pastor for the first time, "our pastor of course, but the other man could be his friend, seems you're a first timer?' The guy sitting behind me replied.
"hmmm, i hope it is not what i am thinking" i muttered to myself.

I was not disappointed as the student pastor whose dressing was sharp introduced his friend(guest speaker) to the congregation and handed over the mic to him for his sermon. "how many people want 'A' this semester, can you give the Lord a big shout" he said. Almost all the students shouted to the extent i blocked my ears. I didn't know that someone could buy an A from God with just a shout, but at least I learnt that day. "Come and seal your A with a seed" he said. Students flooded the offering box with money, "those of you sitting down, do you not want an A?" he chided. few people who were sitting down got up and went straight to the offering box. After that, he introduced his message title.

Before i continue let me brief you of this chief student pastor(the church founder). He was once a student of our school or rather he still is a student. He has spent over 10 years in the school, anybody who graduated from EBSU in the past decade will definitely know him or at least have heard about him. He drives cars that lecturers can only dream of. By now you must have been thinking how he managed to defraud students of such huge sum of money.

Students are made to pay tithes, sow seeds(phones and laptops inclusive), first fruits, huge offerings in exchange of academic excellence. He goes to pre degree school where he arrests the minds of these youths who are desperately looking for admission and brainwashed them into believing that their admission and academic success is largely tied to him. Funny enough when these students are admitted into the university, they become his slave till their rest of days on campus.

I have to admit that it is a shame that such deception should take place even in the university community, people regarded as intellectuals should allow themselves to be deceived by just a fellow student. How can a reasonable person think that writing exam with a pen anointed by a pastor will give him an 'A' when he did not study? How sensible is it for a student who is not working, whose parents are struggling to train in school, be giving a pastor huge sum of money just to pass his exams? Does God exchange good grades with money? Can you pass your exams even if you didn't give a pastor a penny? Well, let's return to what happened that day because it was even more surprising and disappointing at the same time.

to be continued.... Stay tuned!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by marshalcarter: 8:23am On Jan 24, 2015
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by mizjules(f): 8:24am On Jan 24, 2015
Hmm following, so true.
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Mologi(m): 8:25am On Jan 24, 2015
10 years.....

what is he studying like dat...

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by iamodenigbo1(m): 9:02am On Jan 24, 2015
Eyaa
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by SeverusSnape(m): 9:06am On Jan 24, 2015
Heheheheheheehe...
In pastor's voice. **how many of you want A this semester?? **....this is so hilarious, Religion has always been a tool in the hands of these crooks posing as "men of God". It's only the gullible that will still fall for their tricks, Imagine students "sowing seeds" Hehehehehehehe, Are they farmers.... Imagine students paying tithe, Are they workers...At least an "offering" is okay. And mind you, Most of these "student pastors" are the chronic womanizers.

6 Likes

Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by SeverusSnape(m): 9:17am On Jan 24, 2015
Moderators please Front page, Students need to be enlightened. This is what happens in our various campuses, yours sincerely is also a witness.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by IAmBhijay(m): 9:29am On Jan 24, 2015
Mologi:
10 years.....

PASTORAL SCIENCE grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 24, 2015
^^^ grin grin
Pastoral science

They're in every school, have met one that practices how to speak in tongues.

They don't graduate, forever a student.
Or if they do graduate, they set up churches.

You wouldn't blame them, cause of their role models

Oyedepo, Okorie, Oyakhilome undecided

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Francman(m): 9:48am On Jan 24, 2015
Hehehe... I always ask anyone that invites me to their whatever 'How much are u going to pay me?'

4 Likes

Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Pr0ton: 9:49am On Jan 24, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Moderators please Front page, Students need to be enlightened. This is what happens in our various campuses, yours sincerely is also a witness.

You wanna enlighten

Have this in mind

Believe me, you'd be tagged enemy of progress after trying to enlighten them.

10 Likes

Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Mologi(m): 9:56am On Jan 24, 2015
IAmBhijay:
PASTORAL SCIENCE grin grin grin
really shocked
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Dammytrager(m): 10:08am On Jan 24, 2015
Not all are fake sha

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by kaycexx(m): 10:14am On Jan 24, 2015
I am sorry to say this

If am a member of a church the pastor is richer than me, I don't dare to offer him any dime. I rather offer or give my money to beggers.
Whatsoever you do to the least of my brother (s)that you do unto Jesus.

7 Likes

Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by SeverusSnape(m): 10:15am On Jan 24, 2015
Pr0ton:

You wanna enlighten

Have this in mind

Believe me, you'd be tagged enemy of progress after trying to enlighten them.
Of course sir, I really don't care what anybody would call me, The truth is bitter but must be told, Thanks for the quote. The same Mark Twain said "A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is still putting on it's shoes."

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Samchelsea(m): 10:31am On Jan 24, 2015
I hope you studied investigative journalism in school if not be careful cos some of them can go at any length to cover up their deeds
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Nutase: 10:36am On Jan 24, 2015
Opium of the masses. To some thats the only way to get high.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by lalasticlala(m): 10:50am On Jan 24, 2015
SeverusSnape:

He needs to complete the story first
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by SeverusSnape(m): 10:52am On Jan 24, 2015
lalasticlala:

He needs to complete the story first
Okay Boss!!...You're right.
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by SeverusSnape(m): 10:55am On Jan 24, 2015
@Mightyify, Come and complete what you started please.
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Adeoba10(m): 11:32am On Jan 24, 2015
Tank God say i come church today, wia my cutlass makebi come sow seed for pastor life.
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Mightyify(m): 11:53am On Jan 24, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Heheheheheheehe...
In pastor's voice. **how many of you want A this semester?? **....this is so hilarious, Religion has always been a tool in the hands of these crooks posing as "men of God". It's only the gullible that will still fall for their tricks, Imagine students "sowing seeds" Hehehehehehehe, Are they farmers.... Imagine students paying tithe, Are they workers...At least an "offering" is okay. And mind you, Most of these "student pastors" are the chronic womanizers.

Gbam! Come see how they are bowing down in shaking him....
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Mightyify(m): 11:56am On Jan 24, 2015
Mologi:
10 years.....

He failed Mbbs exam...and began another course from year one.
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by SeverusSnape(m): 11:58am On Jan 24, 2015
Mightyify:

Gbam! Come see how they are bowing down in shaking him....

Good, So complete it, So that it will make front page.
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by marvelling(m): 12:03pm On Jan 24, 2015
The post made by the op reminds me of something I experienced while I was in school. A guy claiming to be a pastor/evangelist walked into predegree hall and began to preach. By the time this guy finished the sermon, he ask those in the hall that were serious to sow a seed of N1000 so that God can secure admission for them. You won't believe that nothing less than 100 students came out on the spot to sow the "seed" there. Some that didn't have promised to give next time they saw him. The guy walk out of that hall with nothing less than 100k in his pockets. He came a couple more times to milk the cash cow before the school authorities banned preaching in pedegree hall.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Mightyify(m): 12:06pm On Jan 24, 2015
Please moderator kindly move this to front page. Jambites and our undergraduates should be informed less they fall for this deception. Parents need to be informed too. They need to know where some of the money they sent to their children in school goes to... At the pocket of their fellow student.

Those calling for the part 2...don't worry it is down already, let the moderator do the needful first.

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Mightyify(m): 12:12pm On Jan 24, 2015
marvelling:
The post made by the op reminds me of something I experienced while I was in school. A guy claiming to be a pastor/evangelist walked into predegree hall and began to preach. By the time this guy finished the sermon, he ask those in the hall that were serious to sow a seed of N1000 so that God can secure admission for them. You won't believe that nothing less than 100 students came out on the spot to sow the "seed" there. Some that didn't have promised to give next time they saw him. The guy walk out of that hall with nothing less than 100k in his pockets. He came a couple more times to milk the cash cow before the school authorities banned preaching in pedegree hall.

Imagine! I think that should be emulated by all university authorities across the nation , all these extortion in the name of preaching should be banned
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by stanza(m): 12:18pm On Jan 24, 2015
Shocker!!! Finally, Linda Ikeji's Secrets Exposed. http://infocong..com/2015/01/finally-linda-ikeji-secrets-exposed.html
Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by Freetech: 12:22pm On Jan 24, 2015
Be careful, don't generalise. Don't give your soul over to Satan becos of the wolf in sheep clothing Christ warned us about long time ago. These types of criminals thrives becos we look and want to associate with flashy presentation. A true pastor living a humble life without flashy car and designer's suit hardly find followers. So look inward first before you blame others.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by daveP(m): 12:26pm On Jan 24, 2015
Mightyify:
I wanted to do a political status today until i remembered what happened last semester in school. My faculty girl has been pestering me to visit their church even if it could be just once in my whole life. "Ify, we're having a special service on Sunday, you must come this time around" she said. I wanted to give an excuse but i ended up saying yes.

Sunday morning, my sleep was cut short with her frequent calls, i got up, dressed and head to the church. "brother, you're welcome to the service" an usher said with a smile and pointed to me where to sit. The whole atmosphere was agog with shouts of joy,

i was enjoying myself until i noticed two neatly dressed young outside the church auditorium discussing with one of them demonstrating with his hands. "who are those people?" i asked as if i was seeing the pastor for the first time, "our pastor of course, but the other man could be his friend, seems you're a first timer?' The guy sitting behind me replied.
"hmmm, i hope it is not what i am thinking" i muttered to myself.

I was not disappointed as the student pastor whose dressing was sharp introduced his friend(guest speaker) to the congregation and handed over the mic to him for his sermon. "how many people want 'A' this semester, can you give the Lord a big shout" he said. Almost all the students shouted to the extent i blocked my ears. I didn't know that someone could buy an A from God with just a shout, but at least I learnt that day. "Come and seal your A with a seed" he said. Students flooded the offering box with money, "those of you sitting down, do you not want an A?" he chided. few people who were sitting down got up and went straight to the offering box. After that, he introduced his message title.

Before i continue let me brief you of this chief student pastor(the church founder). He was once a student of our school or rather he still is a student. He has spent over 10 years in the school, anybody who graduated from EBSU in the past decade will definitely know him or at least have heard about him. He drives cars that lecturers can only dream of. By now you must have been thinking how he managed to defraud students of such huge sum of money.

Students are made to pay tithes, sow seeds(phones and laptops inclusive), first fruits, huge offerings in exchange of academic excellence. He goes to pre degree school where he arrests the minds of these youths who are desperately looking for admission and brainwashed them into believing that their admission and academic success is largely tied to him. Funny enough when these students are admitted into the university, they become his slave till their rest of days on campus.

I have to admit that it is a shame that such deception should take place even in the university community, people regarded as intellectuals should allow themselves to be deceived by just a fellow student. How can a reasonable person think that writing exam with a pen anointed by a pastor will give him an 'A' when he did not study? How sensible is it for a student who is not working, whose parents are struggling to train in school, be giving a pastor huge sum of money just to pass his exams? Does God exchange good grades with money? Can you pass your exams even if you didn't give a pastor a penny? Well, let's return to what happened that day because it was even more surprising and disappointing at the same time.

to be continued.... Stay tuned!

i think you should drop the second part asap.

Copycatism: blowing air from your mouth onto the face of the students that want a 'touch' of power just like 'fada inda lord' does it on tv..... Smh

playing an audio tape of d pastor speaking in tongues and observably, the WHOLE CHURCH is on d floor!! I opened my eyes to see i was d only one standing. Abeg wetin you want make i do? Fall and start rolling?

After service i was more sober than most of them that did 'ri-roller-thither-and-hither'

was there becos of persisting pressure.

I did 'Jot a thing or two' though!

4 Likes

Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by akinsadeez(m): 12:27pm On Jan 24, 2015
This post is somehow true but it is not right to generalize that all student pastors are crooks or money grubbers. The university is a microcosm of the larger society. just as there are fake pastors and real men of God in the society, so also do we have fake pastors as well as real pastors in the university.

There is nothing wrong with giving offering and even sowing seed as long as you are led by the spirit to do so and not by the compulsion of the pastor. If you have a conviction in your heart to sow a seed you don't need to wait for the pastor to call and if you are not led to do so, the pastor's call shouldn't make you do otherwise. Even the Bible says ''wisdom is profitable to direct':

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Student Pastors! (true Life Story) by nairabetguru(m): 12:50pm On Jan 24, 2015
In a country where "stealing is not corruption"
Am not surprised
#FeBUHARI14

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prince Ishola Foundation Earmarks N500million To Fund Education For Orphans / THE POLYTECHNIC, IBADAN TREAD / EBSU Releases Cut-off And Admission Guidelines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.