Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Why Do You Accept Or Reject Muhammad As A Prophet? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do You Accept Or Reject Muhammad As A Prophet? (1679 Views)

Peculiarities Of Muhammad As A Prophet / Was Ishmael A Prophet? Simple Question For Muslims / Leave Islam Or Accept Polygamy... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Accept Or Reject Muhammad As A Prophet? by truthman2012(m): 11:27am On Jan 24, 2015
While muslims love Muhammad as their prophet and can do anything for him, many non-muslims reject him with passion as a prophet. Give your reasons WITHOUT PASSING INSULTS.

Why is he or not a prophet?
Re: Why Do You Accept Or Reject Muhammad As A Prophet? by onetrack(m): 11:44am On Jan 24, 2015
I don't hate Muhammad. We don't even know much about him. The hadiths were all written down 200 years after his death, which means that a huge number of them were fabricated. I'm not even convinced he composed the Quran. I personally believe, that, like Jesus, he was pretty much a normal person but whose followers made him into something that he was not, and that his followers were the primary authors of the Quran. In other words, Islam and Christianity are a product not of prophets or sons of god, but rather a group of people who were motivated to create a new religion and created myths around Muhammad and Jesus (who were neither prophets nor a son of god) with which to impress naive people into joining the religion.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Accept Or Reject Muhammad As A Prophet? by truthman2012(m): 11:54am On Jan 24, 2015
onetrack:
I don't hate Muhammad. We don't even know much about him. The hadiths were all written down 200 years after his death, which means that a huge number of them were fabricated. I'm not even convinced he composed the Quran. I personally believe, that, like Jesus, he was pretty much a normal person but whose followers made him into something that he was not, and that his followers were the primary authors of the Quran. In other words, Islam and Christianity are a product not of prophets or sons of god, but rather a group of people who were motivated to create a new religion and created myths around Muhammad and Jesus (who were neither prophets nor a son of god) with which to impress naive people into joining the religion.

Since you don't know much about Muhammad, you are not in the position to comment. The hadiths are his words and deed, which now form islamic teachings.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Accept Or Reject Muhammad As A Prophet? by onetrack(m): 12:03pm On Jan 24, 2015
truthman2012:

Since you don't know much about Muhammad, you are not in the position to comment. The hadiths are his words and deed, which now form islamic teachings.

I know a lot about Muhammad and I am in a position to comment. The hadiths are unreliable, despite the work put into them by Bukhari and Muslim and others. Stories can change rapidly in 200 years; they can even change rapidly in a day! Historians do not regard 200 years of word of mouth to be reliable.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Accept Or Reject Muhammad As A Prophet? by truthman2012(m): 12:08pm On Jan 24, 2015
I think this affords the muslims the opportunity to tell why they believe in Muhammad as a prophet.
Re: Why Do You Accept Or Reject Muhammad As A Prophet? by onetrack(m): 12:12pm On Jan 24, 2015
truthman2012:
I think this affords the muslims the opportunity to tell why they believe in Muhammad as a prophet.

Trust me, I don't believe Muhammad was a prophet. If the hadiths about him are true then I don't see why anyone would think he was a prophet.
Re: Why Do You Accept Or Reject Muhammad As A Prophet? by truthman2012(m): 12:18pm On Jan 24, 2015
onetrack:

I know a lot about Muhammad and I am in a position to comment. The hadiths are unreliable, despite the work put into them by Bukhari and Muslim and others. Stories can change rapidly in 200 years; they can even change rapidly in a day! Historians do not regard 200 years of word of mouth to be reliable.

The quran is said to contain only the words of allah, yet it says muslims should obey Muhammamad. Where do they find Muhammad's words if hadiths are unreliable?
Re: Why Do You Accept Or Reject Muhammad As A Prophet? by truthman2012(m): 12:19pm On Jan 24, 2015
onetrack:

Trust me, I don't believe Muhammad was a prophet. If the hadiths about him are true then I don't see why anyone would think he was a prophet.

What was he?
Re: Why Do You Accept Or Reject Muhammad As A Prophet? by onetrack(m): 12:27pm On Jan 24, 2015
A man around which a religion was built. Maybe he claimed to be a prophet. Probably was a minor warlord as well.
Re: Why Do You Accept Or Reject Muhammad As A Prophet? by onetrack(m): 12:28pm On Jan 24, 2015
truthman2012:

The quran is said to contain only the words of allah, yet it says muslims should obey Muhammamad. Where do they find Muhammad's words if hadiths are unreliable?

They think that certain hadith are reliable. I do not.
Re: Why Do You Accept Or Reject Muhammad As A Prophet? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 24, 2015
As long as muhammed disvirgined a 9 years old grl, and still in d Koran, d guy will never get ma respect.
Re: Why Do You Accept Or Reject Muhammad As A Prophet? by truthman2012(m): 12:41pm On Jan 24, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
As long as muhammed disvirgined a 9 years old grl, and still in d Koran, d guy will never get ma respect.

Where in the quran did you find that he disvirgined a 9 years old?
Re: Why Do You Accept Or Reject Muhammad As A Prophet? by truthman2012(m): 1:04pm On Jan 24, 2015
onetrack:

They think that certain hadith are reliable. I do not.

They chose some hadith authors who they claim are reliable, but yet pick only the narrations which say good thing about islam and deny the untoward ones even by the same author.
Re: Why Do You Accept Or Reject Muhammad As A Prophet? by BABAAGBALABA: 1:43pm On Jan 24, 2015
onetrack:

if d hadith is unreliable,wat about d bible ,bible was never d world of GOD,Jesus did not even know about d bible ,yet u call it ur holy book,d bible was created by catholics ,u call catholics idol worshippers, guys like u neva have time to think about ur religion ,only to go to anti islam websites just to abuse and insult others people religion ,i just pity many of una
Re: Why Do You Accept Or Reject Muhammad As A Prophet? by PastorKun(m): 1:44pm On Jan 24, 2015
truthman2012:
While muslims love Muhammad as their prophet and can do anything for him, many non-muslims reject him with passion as a prophet. Give your reasons WITHOUT PASSING INSULTS.

Why is he or not a prophet?

Very good question by the op. There is simply no evidence even from the quoran and the hadiths that he was a prophet apart from the personal unverifiable claims that he made. And of course the legacy of jihad( terrorism in mordern times) that he left behind is most ungodly.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Accept Or Reject Muhammad As A Prophet? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 24, 2015
wadz great abt dat post, wen d guy failed to address d main issues. Dat does not stop ya blood sucking demons to stop killing innocent people cos Allah instructed ya guys to. Dat does not stop u bastards from bleeping children cos muhammed(disaster upon him) did so, dat does not stop ya fathers from marrying more Dan one wife making ya mothers and sisters to suffer cos Allah and muhammed said so, dat does not stop u pigs from capturing innocent people and raping dem under d influence of muhammed, who raped and slept wif women him and his boiz captured as slaves. Dat does not stop boko haram, isil, al queada, Taliban, al shabaab, sunni, shiite, hamas, hezbollah etc all in d name of islam to kill innocent people just to Bleep 72 virgins promised dem by Allah via muhammed in hell. Let's call a spade a spade, according to president sisi of Egypt, until d radical element in d Koran is removed islam remains d problem. Of d world, he went futher to say d Muslim population world wide can't win d war against d remaininig population.hence, islam, nids to be revolutionalized. President sisi speech on islam, jan 1st 2015.
Re: Why Do You Accept Or Reject Muhammad As A Prophet? by truthman2012(m): 3:22pm On Jan 24, 2015
PastorKun:

Very good question by the op. There is simply no evidence even from the quoran and the hadiths that he was a prophet apart from the personal unverifiable claims that he made. And of course the legacy of jihad( terrorism in mordern times) that he left behind is most ungodly.

Me too, I cannot accept Muhammad as a prophet because his messages contradict the ones before him. All prophets of God in the Bible came confirming the words of God they met on ground but Muhammad came contradicting them, and there is no confirmation of his revelations from anyone up till now. I mean nobody else has seen or heard anything from God to confirm his message.

Again, they attribute Kaaba to Abraham and Ishmael but none of other children of Abraham venerated Kaaba and no history of their going to Mecca to worship there. The question therefore is: why only Ishmael would recognize Kaaba, a house of worship "for all mankind"?

Up till now, no muslims has been able to answer the following:

Why is it that it was only Ishmael out of all the children of Abraham who venerated the Kaaba?

Why did the Scriptures before islam not mention Kaaba during and after Abraham's life.

If Abraham and Ishmael built Kaaba and established islam in Mecca, who were the people who practiced islam after them?

If islam was once in Mecca before Muhammad, at what point in time did ALL the people turn to idols without any single muslim left before Muhammad came?

The truth is that there was no islam in Mecca before Muhammad, hence there was no single muslim in Mecca when Muhammad came. Therefore the Kaaba in Mecca was built by idolaters for housing their 360 idols. The idol in Muhammad's family was named I-illah, which was renamed "Allah". The Meccans revolted against Muhammad's imposition of his father's idols on other idolaters, which he called islamic persecution. Nobody then asked who allah was, they already knew him.

The Devil looked for a way for about 650 years after Jesus had ascended to heaven to make people worship him in the belief that they are worshiping the true God. But God is not worshiped facing the centre of idols, never.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Accept Or Reject Muhammad As A Prophet? by onetrack(m): 4:43pm On Jan 24, 2015
BABAAGBALABA:

if d hadith is unreliable,wat about d bible ,bible was never d world of GOD,Jesus did not even know about d bible ,yet u call it ur holy book,d bible was created by catholics ,u call catholics idol worshippers, guys like u neva have time to think about ur religion ,only to go to anti islam websites just to abuse and insult others people religion ,i just pity many of una

I'm an atheist. The Bible is the same as the Quran, mostly just made-up stories
Re: Why Do You Accept Or Reject Muhammad As A Prophet? by truthman2012(m): 4:52pm On Jan 24, 2015
onetrack:

I'm an atheist. The Bible is the same as the Quran, mostly just made-up stories

The bible is not made up by ordinary men. I have achieved results using the bible. I have heard God speak confirming His word. The word of Jehovah God is true.
Re: Why Do You Accept Or Reject Muhammad As A Prophet? by malvisguy212: 10:32pm On Jan 24, 2015
Muhammed cannot be a prophet.it's seems like muhammed know where he will end up on;

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 23,
Number 459:
Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah’s Apostle
used to invoke (Allah): “(O Allah) I
seek refuge with you from the
punishment in the grave and from
the punishment in the Hell fire and
from the afflictions of life and
death, and the afflictions of Al-
Masih Ad-Dajjal.”

Please reflect on the assurance that
Muhammad gave his early followers.
Muhammad left them with a very gloomy future threatening over them. Although Muhammad was unsure of the future, he was certain about one thing. The destiny of all Muslims – including yours.

Surah 19:71: It is the inevitable
decree of your Lord that every one
of you will be taken to Hell. (Sarwar)
Re: Why Do You Accept Or Reject Muhammad As A Prophet? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jan 24, 2015
http://lindaikeji..com/2015/01/photo-woman-lashed-for-getting-raped.html?m=1 look at wad dey did to dis woman, she was raped buh all cos of muhammed and allah, who said she must provide at least 3 to 4 people as witnesses she was cained. Wad a religion
Re: Why Do You Accept Or Reject Muhammad As A Prophet? by Grandmisty: 1:05am On Jan 25, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVXJ3MfaNqY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl641IFO10g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY4gNBf2n3o

see 11yr old that was forced to marry 70 yr old man becase of mohmammed perveted love for little girls.

The truth is many african muslims dont know shit about this arab religion just follow follow. The arab imperialism is through religion .

We hope at least one person will open their eyes
Re: Why Do You Accept Or Reject Muhammad As A Prophet? by Nobody: 2:12am On Jan 25, 2015
A cursory look at d man's life reveals d following:
He married an underaged girl.
He married plenty wives and had concubines.
He painted paradise as an orgy-fest.
He killed countless.
He gave conflicting 'revelations' from Allah.

See ehn, dt man is not fit to be a role model talk more of a prophet. He is in short a maniacal egocentric paedophile. Muslims should really be ashamed of him and whatever he represents.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Accept Or Reject Muhammad As A Prophet? by vooks: 2:24am On Jan 25, 2015
He thought negroes/melanin was a cursed people

http://answering-islam.org/Index/B/blackskin.html
Re: Why Do You Accept Or Reject Muhammad As A Prophet? by basilico: 9:15am On Jan 25, 2015
What did he prophecy?
Re: Why Do You Accept Or Reject Muhammad As A Prophet? by Ifeann(f): 9:49am On Jan 25, 2015
I do NOT believe in the prophethood of a MAN who spent his days killing christains, Jews, pagans, raiding caravans and having sex with a child, when he already had several wives and sex slaves in his harem, a man who beheaded 900 jews in one day, a man who approved of the assassination of people who criticized him,a man who approves of domestic violence against women, a man who taught women are less intelligent than men yet it was a woman(his frist wife) that convinced him he was a prophet, a man who thought he was demon possessed and recited a ton of evil, a man who promoted slavery and even approved of breeding and sex with slaves , a man who encouraged the rape of married war captives, a man who lusted, married and slept with his son's ex wife after he divorced her because of him(Mohammed), and who levied jizyah tax as extortion on Christians or be killed if they don't pay or convert, a man who persecuted Christians because he didn't understand the nature of God and had a monadic view of the Creator and who gave the satanic verses instructing people to worship the 3 daughters of Allah then returned to say he was decieved, a man who contradicted the beautiful teachings of Christ. He was no prophet by his deeds in the quran and hadiths

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Accept Or Reject Muhammad As A Prophet? by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 25, 2015
ma bro, am a christian and not a terrorist! Ma bible does not discriminate against women, buh I know d koran treats and views women as slaves. Ur wives, ya sisters ya moth according to d koran is looks down on women, its time u just let go of islam. Ma God will defend d weak, wen d pharisees brought and adulterous woman to him tinking He will condemn her he said let he who has not committed any sin cast d first stone, and dey left one by one and Jesus said to him, ya sins re forgiven. Datz d religion I practice, not d one even if d woman is raped by a man d man is allowed to go while d woman is punished. Adultery is commited by two people and not a single person, so y destroy d woman and leave d man. Does dat justify or permits ya dad to cheat on ya mum? Tink abt it deeply and ya see d flaws in islam!
Ifeann:
I do NOT believe in the prophethood of a MAN who spent his days killing christains, Jews, pagans, raiding caravans and having sex with a child, when he already had several wives and sex slaves in his harem, a man who beheaded 900 jews in one day, a man who approved of the assassination of people who criticized him,a man who approves of domestic violence against women, a man who taught women are less intelligent than men yet it was a woman(his frist wife) that convinced him he was a prophet, a man who thought he was demon possessed and recited a ton of evil, a man who promoted slavery and even approved of breeding and sex with slaves , a man who encouraged the rape of married war captives, a man who lusted, married and slept with his son's ex wife after he divorced her because of him(Mohammed), and who levied jizyah tax as extortion on Christians or be killed if they don't pay or convert, a man who persecuted Christians because he didn't understand the nature of God and had a monadic view of the Creator and who gave the satanic verses instructing people to worship the 3 daughters of Allah then returned to say he was decieved, a man who contradicted the beautiful teachings of Christ. He was no prophet by his deeds in the quran and hadiths

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Accept Or Reject Muhammad As A Prophet? by Ifeann(f): 10:21am On Jan 25, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
ma bro, am a christian and not a terrorist! Ma bible does not discriminate against women, buh I know d koran treats and views women as slaves. Ur wives, ya sisters ya moth according to d koran is looks down on women, its time u just let go of islam. Ma God will defend d weak, wen d pharisees brought and adulterous woman to him tinking He will condemn her he said let he who has not committed any sin cast d first stone, and dey left one by one and Jesus said to him, ya sins re forgiven. Datz d religion I practice, not d one even if d woman is raped by a man d man is allowed to go while d woman is punished. Adultery is commited by two people and not a single person, so y destroy d woman and leave d man. Does dat justify or permits ya dad to cheat on ya mum? Tink abt it deeply and ya see d flaws in islam!

Even their prophet promises Muslims hell. .

Surah 19:71: “It is the inevitable decree of your Lord that every one of you will be taken to HEll” (Sarwar)

“There is not one of you who shall not pass through the confines of Hell.” (Dawood) And the very next verse tells us: Surah 19:72: “Then (Thumma) We shall rescue those who kept from evil, and leave the evil-doers crouching there.” (Pickthall) “Afterwards (Thumma) we will deliver those who shall have been pious, but we will leave the ungodly therein on their knees.” (Sale)...
^^^
Malvisguy212 thanks for this information. .
Re: Why Do You Accept Or Reject Muhammad As A Prophet? by truthman2012(m): 11:52am On Jan 25, 2015
basilico:
What did he prophecy?

Nothing.
Re: Why Do You Accept Or Reject Muhammad As A Prophet? by truthman2012(m): 12:04pm On Jan 25, 2015
malvisguy212:
Muhammed cannot be a prophet.it's seems like muhammed know where he will end up on;

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 23,
Number 459:
Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah’s Apostle
used to invoke (Allah): “(O Allah) I
seek refuge with you from the
punishment in the grave and from
the punishment in the Hell fire and
from the afflictions of life and
death, and the afflictions of Al-
Masih Ad-Dajjal.”

Please reflect on the assurance that
Muhammad gave his early followers.
Muhammad left them with a very gloomy future threatening over them. Although Muhammad was unsure of the future, he was certain about one thing. The destiny of all Muslims – including yours.

Surah 19:71: It is the inevitable
decree of your Lord that every one
of you will be taken to Hell. (Sarwar)

Don't you wonder why muslims are comfortable going to hell?
Re: Why Do You Accept Or Reject Muhammad As A Prophet? by malvisguy212: 1:03pm On Jan 25, 2015
truthman2012:

Don't you wonder why muslims are comfortable going to hell?
I wonder my brother, book that promise it followers hell still they don't care to question the book, this is demon at work.

happy Sunday bro.
Re: Why Do You Accept Or Reject Muhammad As A Prophet? by Grandmisty: 7:30pm On Jan 25, 2015
See one of the boko haram people in politics in Nigeria. This is one of boko haram agenda marrying any girl that mensurates even if she is 3yrs old.

Copy Copy of Arab culture. someone shd tell this fool we are in africa and not saudi arabia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nYWx2w8V_Q

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Crippled Man Crawls Daily To The Mosque For Past 65 Years / Can Muslims Celebrate Christmas / Courtship In Islam: Good Or Bad?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.