Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,345 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

That You Are Born Again Does Not Guarantee Answers To Prayers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / That You Are Born Again Does Not Guarantee Answers To Prayers (1281 Views)

5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers / How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? / Getting Immediate Answers To Prayers!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

That You Are Born Again Does Not Guarantee Answers To Prayers by dearie(m): 8:02pm On Aug 19, 2006
I just heard recently that God is not under any binding obligation to answer your prayer just because you are born again even when it is genuine and not aimed at attacking a fellow being.

This is hard to swallow and one hardly hears such msgs in our churches, or mosques and this is why people get frustrated after a prolonged prayer without answers, and resort to some other means. I feel we ought to know that it's not all prayers that can be answered, we shl just pray for God's will for us.

Do you think differently?
Re: That You Are Born Again Does Not Guarantee Answers To Prayers by donmayor(m): 8:10pm On Aug 19, 2006
Yeah definitely. It's God's will that should be done not ours. I believe if it's outside His will for us, He won't answer. He is not under obligation to any man except His own word.
Re: That You Are Born Again Does Not Guarantee Answers To Prayers by EmemJU(f): 11:10pm On Aug 19, 2006
If are born again, God will always answer your prayers according to Hi
Re: That You Are Born Again Does Not Guarantee Answers To Prayers by Seun(m): 3:42pm On Aug 23, 2006
I can also answer your prayers according to my whim/will! If you ask me in prayer for something I want to do, I'll do it. If you ask me for something I don't want to do or can't do, I'll claim that it's agaisnt my will.

It doesn't take a God to provide unreliable answers to prayer. Any human being can do that!
Re: That You Are Born Again Does Not Guarantee Answers To Prayers by dearie(m): 5:43pm On Aug 23, 2006
Hey seun,
you have to be careful with ur words when u address issues that border generally on GOD.

Pls take no offence, but as the admin. i dont expect u to do the kind of landing you are doing, moreso on a public forum like this. I understand the freedom of speech thing! but an issue as sensitive as God's Existence is enough to precipitate a war -GOD forbid.

Just a friendly advice!
Re: That You Are Born Again Does Not Guarantee Answers To Prayers by donmayor(m): 6:41pm On Aug 23, 2006
dearie:

Hey seun,
you have to be careful with your words when u address issues that border generally on GOD.

Please take no offence, but as the admin. i don't expect u to do the kind of landing you are doing, moreso on a public forum like this. I understand the freedom of speech thing! but an issue as sensitive as God's Existence is enough to precipitate a war -GOD forbid.

Just a friendly advice!
I'm surprised u r beggin him not to take offence!!! You have broken no site rule in advising him and if he deems it fit to block u for that then i don't think it's worth being on this site wink

Seun:

I can also answer your prayers according to my whim/will! If you ask me in prayer for something I want to do, I'll do it. If you ask me for something I don't want to do or can't do, I'll claim that it's agaisnt my will.

It doesn't take a God to provide unreliable answers to prayer. Any human being can do that!
Time will tell who is right or wrong but let's hope it is not too late,
Re: That You Are Born Again Does Not Guarantee Answers To Prayers by Oracle(m): 10:47pm On Aug 23, 2006
This is a great topic,
itz actually true, sometimes God may decide not to answer our prayers coz they may have effects on us at a latter time.
God sees ahead, he sees beyond us and knows if there is danger coming.
that is one of the reasons why God will not answer some of our prayers.
besides we shouldn't expect God to answer all.

Re: That You Are Born Again Does Not Guarantee Answers To Prayers by Ovamboland(m): 12:46pm On Aug 24, 2009
But why would a spirit filled born-again Christian not know what to ask for and mistakenly ask amiss?

I think there is more to this situation than can be off handedly explained away. So peeps, why are some prayers answered and some are not?

(1) (Reply)

Which People Does Jesus Recognise As His Associates? / Warrant Of Arrest For The Christian "gods" / Quranic Contradictions (Part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.